Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Liquid Soaps
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Eureka! I have found my ultimate cooling, eye-opening shower gel in Dr. Bronner's Liquid Peppermint Soap!Very Happy

A friend of mine was recently in Seattle, and grabbed a bottle, recognizing what a slug I am in the morning. She dropped it off yesterday, and I am officially in love with it's icy-coolness. (Mabsy, consider yourself warned, as you will LOVE it too!)

I don't lean towards organic, natural products, but this concentrated soap definitely lathers-up on my Dermalogica Ultimate Buffing Cloth! A little goes a LONG way!

Call me crazy, but I actually put a bit on my FACE this morning (careful of eyes!). Paired with my Clairsonic, it was such a wonderful, delightful, cooling sensation, which perked me right up!

I'm not keen on the religious schtick printed on the label. I don't need religion rammed down my throat, naked, while I shower, first thing in the morning (s'cuse the mental picture I've painted). I'm choosing to ignore the label; can't be bothered to transfer it to another bottle.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yes, an eye opener indeed.
Be a bit careful of your sensitive areas Wink ,it will be a huge eye opener. LOL sting,sting,sting

Linda
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I love this stuff too! So good for mornings -- especially in the summer or after exercise. It also works great as a refill for foaming hand soap. If you have a bottle of the "self-foaming" stuff, you can refill it with a 4:1 or 3:1 ratio of Dr. Bronner's and water -- pretty economical, esp. if you get your peppermint fix at Trader Joe's (it's cheap there!) My husband is in love with the almond scent, so that's what we use for our hand soap right now. In the shower though, it's all peppermint! He finds it a little drying, so that's the only forewarning. I haven't found it to be a problem, but I'm a little less sensitive to dry skin... Skin Care Addict is right though, beware the tingles!

Agreed about the label. And I still don't know all 18 uses for the soap! Laughing

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi there, I use Dr Bronner liquid tea tree soap as a shampoo substitute and use apple cider vinegar rinse (the vinegar rinse is important, otherwise the soap can leave your hair feeling brittle, dry or with residue). My hair hasn't felt so soft in ages and my itchy flaky scalp is finally feeling happy. Love this stuff.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
LOL, I discovered this soap at Trader Joe's years ago. Still use it, although sometimes I switch over to TJ's brand of castile soap. Dr. Bronner's is definitely more concentrated and worth the additional $$ spent.

Like you Casper, I can also do without all the religious stuff on the label but it's a nice product. Great for hand washables too and cleaning my makeup brushes too! I wouldn't use this on my face, however. For some reason, it made it feel more sensitive. Same result when I tried PSF's gentle castile facial cleanser as well.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Mabsy

Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Oooo, I feel a lemming coming on! This sounds really nice - I still love all things minty Smile Thanks CM!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:00 am      Reply with quote
I bought rose soap and rose liquid soap. I love the scent.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:09 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap off and on for a couple years... I ignore all the silly religious god-stuff as well, it's distracting, unnecessary, and hinders the actual content about the product...

But recently picked up the Hemp-Rose to try. It's a little less drying than the peppermint and yes... I use a ratio of 3 to 1 mixed with water. Great in the shower, doesn't foam up that much but it smells so good and rinses off easily. Also use it for hand washables and hand soap as well. Lovely product all around and at Vitacost, the price is fantastic!

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
chyi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I love Peppermint one , soap, shampoo ..
JennyJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
I love Dr Bronners! I have been using it for a few years now. I use it as a hand soap in a foaming pump diluted with a bit of water, and as a body wash. My all time favourite scent is Almond. Yum! The bottle is a little crazy with all the writing, but I assure you the product is good, and all organic too!
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thought I'd revive this thread...

So, I've been using this on my boys for over a year now... It's perfect for their baby skin. I wash their hair with it too...

But was thinking about the ingredients, and the idea behind the Oil Cleansing Method... and wonder if this is close to the same...

Ingredients:
Water, Saponfied Organic Coconut Oil*, Saponified Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Glycerin, Organic Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Citric Acid, Tocopherol (Vit. E), * Certified Fair Trade by IMO

Used it this evening, with my clarisonic... it's really nice. I think it will have a place next to my NCN Rhassoul bar. This is CHEAP! An 8oz bottle is $5.99 at whole foods, a 32 oz bottle is 14.99 (I buy those for re-fill)

I will probably start trying the scented ones for the shower...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:55 am      Reply with quote
I've used Dr Bronner's baby soap bar with good results, but not the peppermint liquid soap. Anything that is recommended for washing floors is not something I think of as a facial cleanser.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I love all of Dr. Bronner's soaps. My current fave is the rose. The citrus is great in the kitchen. Vitacost has great prices on them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy I have been using this product
since I was 16-17 now 55 it works
great love the sent I buy gallon
and refill my regular size bottle,
as far as using it for face wash
it is great, just have to be careful
of the eyes. The fact that you can
wash floors with it goes to old
hippie days of using organic enviorment
freindly products. It can even be
dilluted and used as organic insect
spray for garden (bugs don't like the odor)
that is why they say plant mint near doors.
It also works wonderfully to lighten
overly dark hair dye! Just be sure to
condition well, it is a soap most
shampoo's are actually detergents.
I could go on and on but will end
with this note I would rather not
use detergents on my face or body, and
use an organic alternative to clean
floors, vegetables and fruits, babies ect. ect
just my humble opinion. I also ignore
the labeling.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:05 am      Reply with quote
I just read that peppermint oil boosts collagen production and reduces inflammation. Another reason to like it! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
To those minty freaks like Masby and myself they make peppermint lip balm, body lotion, hair conditioner, ect. along with all the other great scent besides the liquid and bar soaps. I adore mint especially in my hot humid climate so refreshing! I thought for those interested I would post a link to the official web site. By the way I see they sell the liquid soaps as small as a 2 oz. size great to try all the different scents, also if like me you just can't live without it traveling.

http://www.drbronner.com/index.html

HTH

ETA
when I want a boost to my OCM I add a few drops of the peppermint oil soap to my oil, it helps rinse off the oil and makes the massage so refreshing and invigorating.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |