Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)
Buying Retin A Online
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
minigister
5% products discount

Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

Has any had experiance with Alldaychemist or epharmacy? I have found these to sources both having good reviews, Although alldaychemist is alooooot cheaper. I dont know if alldaychemist has an inferior product so if someone has had any expriance with either please post. Thanks
minigister
5% products discount

Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:18 am      Reply with quote
bump
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:10 am      Reply with quote
I have ordered Retin A from ADC. I can't compare to other online pharmacies, becuase this is the only online pharmacy I have used. The Retin A seems to be a generic type, and only goes up to a .05 in the renova (you can get a .1 in a gel). Nevertheless, the Retin A Cream (renova) has been effective for my skin. When I buy from them, I'll buy six at a time, because the cost is in the shipping rather than the product, and the shipping is the same no matter how many you buy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:21 am      Reply with quote
minigister wrote:
Hello,

Has any had experiance with Alldaychemist or epharmacy? I have found these to sources both having good reviews, Although alldaychemist is alooooot cheaper. I dont know if alldaychemist has an inferior product so if someone has had any expriance with either please post. Thanks

I think it is really more about formulation as to which place you buy from.

The ADC retinoids are generics and the formulations are, obviously, not made according to brand, so the inactive ingredients are different.

I buy my Retin-A from MedsMex, and they are brand. For example, the formula of Retin-A gel from MedsMex and the "Retin-A" gel from ACD, are completely different.

There is a notepad on the MakeupAlley Web site that lists the ingredients for these retinoids. The inactive ingredients/vehicles have a direct bearing on how well these retinoids will work on the skin, and some ingredients can aggravate or cause problems for certain skin types.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:22 am      Reply with quote
So what you are saying is that when you buy Renova from Medsmex, you are actually getting the brand name Renova?

I have only purchased from ADC and haven't had any issues thus far and have had good luck with their retin-a. I may try Medsmex in the future though just for the sake of it. Very Happy

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:43 am      Reply with quote
I also buy my Retin-A and Renova from Medsmex and have been buying it there for almost 7 years now. The prices come out almost the same as ADC since the tubes are 40 grams from Medsmex not 20 grams like ADC. Also the shipping is only $10.00. The brand products are slightly more expensive from Medsmex but the brand name formula works better with my skin.

5% products discount

Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I've used both medsmex and adc. I prefer medsmex for my retin-a. Wnen I ordered last from adc the % of retin-a I wanted was only available in the clear gel. After comparing the adc clear retin gel with the white medsmex retin-a I prefer medsmex's version.

But the customer service from both was fine. I got my lumigan from adc and it was potent and brand-name.

Based on advice from others on the board I used the paypal plugin to generate a one-time credit card number for both my medsmex and adc orders -- gives me extra peace of mind.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:35 am      Reply with quote
I wanted to place order to Medsmex but they didn't have Tazarotene. I manily use Taz instead of Tretinon.
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:55 am      Reply with quote
I have bought Retin-A cream (0.05%) from ADC. I ordered 6 tubes at once because ordering just 1 or 2 tubes didn't seem worth it with the price they chare for shipping. I was completely happy with their service, easy site to use and the package got to me within 1 week.

I just had a look at the medsmex website out of curiosity and found the Retin-A creams. Probably a stupid question but what's the diffence between the 'R11 Renova Cream, 0.1%' and the 'R25 Retin A Cream, 0.1%'? is it just the brand?

I might end up buying from them if they ship to the UK and it doesn't work out too expensive, as I cannot get 0.1% Retin-A cream on ADC... the cream only goes upto 0.05% (I rather not use the gel).
WCSmurfette
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:19 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
So what you are saying is that when you buy Renova from Medsmex, you are actually getting the brand name Renova?

I have only purchased from ADC and haven't had any issues thus far and have had good luck with their retin-a. I may try Medsmex in the future though just for the sake of it. Very Happy

Yes, the Retin-A/Renova from MedsMex is made by Janssen-Cilag, which is an overseas subsidiary of the Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Company. Janssen-Cilag holds a license to manufacture Retin-A and Renova, so they are brand.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I bought Retin A by prescription and from ADC and saw no difference.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:09 am      Reply with quote
I have deep lines on my neck, and I applied Roc Retin A serum onto my neck every night, but, after using it for a long time, I finally found that it did not work for me at all!
Maybe it just was not useful for me, after all it was very famous in lots of forums.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:16 am      Reply with quote
WCSmurfette wrote:
bren21 wrote:

Yes, the Retin-A/Renova from MedsMex is made by Janssen-Cilag, which is an overseas subsidiary of the Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Company. Janssen-Cilag holds a license to manufacture Retin-A and Renova, so they are brand.

Thanks for the info on that....but I am not sure I understand the whole brand/generic process. What ADC sells is also made by J&J/Janssen-Cilag as marked on the tube yet that is not considered brand? Sorry if I sound idiodic, but I am a bit confused....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
oranges
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Good to know somebody else uses medsmex. I haven't ordered retin-a from there but I did order Lumigan, next time I will order retin a. I had trouble with adc requiring to phone the lumigan order in.
minigister
5% products discount

Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
It seems that medsmex doesnt ship to canada. Crying or Very sad
beti
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
So is it possible to buy Retin A or its generic from ADC without a prescription, and without supplying doctor's details?
I am in Australia Smile
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
The Retino A I have from ADC is manufactured by Johnson & Johnson (india). So it's not generic, just made by the indian branch of the company. I have experienced no difference between Retino A and the regular Retin A product.
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
beti wrote:
So is it possible to buy Retin A or its generic from ADC without a prescription, and without supplying doctor's details?
I am in Australia Smile

Yes.
beti
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Dee28

I couldn't quite clarify it from the search results I found in the forums.

Very Happy
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
beti wrote:
Thanks Dee28

I couldn't quite clarify it from the search results I found in the forums.

Very Happy

Your welcome beti Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |