Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Stevia for wrinkles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
LuvToSmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Foxe that is the one I have. But when I looked at the list of ingredients mine also has lactose (Milk) in it. Mine is probably near a year old however, wonder if they are different.

foxe wrote:
FYI - the Stevia Extract from Trader Joe's has 100% Organic Stevia Extract Leaf (Stevia rebaudiana) and nothing else

It comes in a nice spice size container w/ a shaker lid which is great for my teas!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting… I have been using stevia powder as sugar substitute for a while, and have a container in my cupboard. Stevia has wonderful alkalizing properties.

Stevia powder I have looks just like white sugar, only finer. Is it OK to mix stevia crystals with water and use it for masks? Confused From what I read on this thread some of you use powdered stevia for masks.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
luvtosmile - mine is less than a year old - perhaps 6 mos? They might've changed things up a bit in that time

mpstat- you can mix the powder w/ water to make a mask. I tried this today and made it 2 diff ways. the 2nd attempt was a thicker one than the first and looked very sticky on my skin. not sure which one is better. it's suppose to be left on for about 30 mins and rinsed off. I tried mine on a couple of blemishes - not ready for afull facial treatment yet. (been trying to clear my skin up)

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks foxe! Now I need to get to the stevia mixing business Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Ok. I could not wait any longer, and tried this mask this evening. It stinks to high heaven! I got mine at iherb and mine is just stevia and water. It did provide a tightening on my skin, and my lip lines definitely look less noticeable afterwards. I left mine on for 45 minutes. I think I will try Skippie's approach and do this daily for 30 days, but only on my vertical lip lines and see how they look after my trial.
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
According to this sight it can be added moisturizers shampoo ect.
http://www.stevia.ws/en/all-about-stevia/applications.html Razz

exciting ...

''Stevia in Cosmetics- The Benefits:

Aids in the treatment of skin disorders
Has antioxidant properties
Helps to smooth out wrinkles
Helps to heal skin blemishes and acne
Helps to tighten the skin like a facial mask
The hydrating effect of Stevia is proven 3 times better than glycerin
Enhances fragrances
The anti-bacterial effect of the product gives it increased shelf life
Beneficial for both the hair and scalp
''

thats it I am adding it to my conditioner and creams....
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:34 am      Reply with quote
riley - I didn't think to try it on my Upper Lip Lines. Let us know how it goes - K? (And maybe I'll give it a go there too)

BTW - how thick is the one you have and how does it look/feel on the skin? (since it's prepared already)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:42 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
riley - I didn't think to try it on my Upper Lip Lines. Let us know how it goes - K? (And maybe I'll give it a go there too)

BTW - how thick is the one you have and how does it look/feel on the skin? (since it's prepared already)

I'll let you know how it works. Skippie is right, it does diminish the wrinkles, though for me it was temporary!

Mine is thin, black - well if not black, very dark colored, and stinky! Laughing
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl,

I was gone over the weekend and didn't use the stevia, and my lip lines started coming back, too. I'm hoping that they'll do better with longer use, but I'm not real sure about that at this point.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update, Skippie. Well, even if it is not permanent, the temporary effect is quite good and I am glad you posted about this! Very Happy
LuvToSmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
I did the stevia mask yesterday. I definitely noticed a real tightening feeling while it was drying, much more so then a clay mask for example. I found it difficult to tell after I washed it off if it actually was a sustained effect at all .

Confused

However I used Retin A last night, which I use now that it is fall and my face was more definitely more 'glowing' today. Not sure it tightened me up though, but I only tried it once.
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:08 am      Reply with quote
I just placed a order for Sweet Leaf whole leaf stevia extract and also for Only Natural Stevia extract powder. I was not sure which one will work and I can always use it as a sweetener. I can not wait to try this! I hope it will give me some positive results!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
These articles may explain why you should use the extract:

Oxidative DNA damage preventive activity and antioxidant potential of Stevia rebaudiana (Bertoni) Bertoni, a natural sweetener, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18038982

Antioxidant Capacities of Pueraria mirifica,
Stevia rebaudiana Bertoni, Curcuma longa Linn.,
Andrographis paniculata (Burm.f.) Nees. and
Cassia alata Linn. for the Development of Dietary Supplement, http://kasetsartjournal.ku.ac.th/kuj_files/2008/A0804181020444986.pdf (stevia had the highest antioxidant capacity)

In vitro antioxidant activities of Stevia rebaudiana leaves and callus, http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WJH-4MX4VSK-3&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1009490598&_rerunOrigin=google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=5ad02b342c510cd219449fe9aacfd108
dream4more
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Any body have any more updates on how this is working? I just ordered so I am wondering if you all are still having good results. TIA
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have honestly only used the Stevia several times, but for me the results are temporary. I will take temporary, though, and think it would be great to use before going somewhere important/special!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Any body have any more updates on how this is working?

I've used this on my face for 13 days now. I missed three days over a weekend when I was out of town. I actually look forward to using the stevia mask every evening. It tightens like no other mask I've used. I feel the tightness in my face everyday, especially next to my eyes and my mouth. Do I think it's helping with the wrinkles? I would have to say yes, some, but not to the extent I was hoping. However, I'm not giving up yet. The skin by my eyes seems to bounce back much better than it did (in other words, I don't have lines by my eyes at the end of the day from smiling as I did before using stevia). I also think some of my lip lines look better but I suspect they would reappear as soon as I stopped (that was my experience when I didn't use it for three days).
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
That actually sounds like pretty good results, Skippie. I will have to be more faithful when I take my 302 break. I'll use the Stevia mask daily then and see how I get on!
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
I received my order of stevia today! Can someone tell me how much extract I need to use for the 45 minute mask!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think there is an exact amount to use, starlight. I just try to make sure my skin is covered in it!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:51 am      Reply with quote
Starlight,

I put a thin coat all over my face and neck and then I go back and put an extra dab on trouble spots (such as lip lines).
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! I am about to go put it on! I am kind of concerned about it being so dark since,I am olive complected, and I hope it will not stain. Wish me luck! I will post my results later!
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:24 am      Reply with quote
O.K. I just put it on and it dries so fast that I could not spread it fast enough and it stinks! I look quiet scary!
OMG! My face feels soooo tight with this mask on! Actually my forehead feel so tight that I am getting a headache!
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I just took the mask off after approx. 40 minutes because that is all the time I could spare. I used a warm wash cloth to remove the mask. My skin did not stain and it came off very easily. My skin looks tighter and the lines on my forehead and above my lips are much more softer. I am going to use it again tomorrow! Skippie thanks so much for posting about this mask. It is all natural and not that expensive compared to other treatments!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I think I'm addicted to it, Starlight, even if it's not doing anything. I love the extremely tight feeling which I've never gotten with any other mask.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I just tried a stevia mask. Definitely a tightening feel, but I don't think it lasts.

I'm surprised to hear there are so many types. Mine is a clear liquid, it was bought at Whole Foods - Stevia Extract Liquid, All Natural Herb - Vegan. I've never seen a dark liquid. I thought it comes in powder or clear liquid.

Thank you guys for all the links. This board is so interesting.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |