Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Carole Maggio Facercise
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:40 am      Reply with quote
OOh you girls are sooo bad for me.... I feel myself reaching for my credit card to order the EGF serum. What other products of hers are you using Toby that you like (and what made you pick the EGF?).
micheyp

Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I am new to the forum and wanted to share my thoughts about Carole Maggio's new Ultimate Facercise program. I had been using her Facercise program for a number of years and had some really good results. But, I was curious about the new program so I ordered the dvd. At first, I couldn't get the hang of it because I was so used to the old program. But, since I stayed with it, I have been able to make some really positive changes. After 3 months, the new jaw exercise has really toned up my entire jawline even more so than before, my lips are really plump and the lines above are diminishing from the doing new lip plumper exercise four times a day, my neck even looks better from doing the new neck and chin lift exercise and my whole face looks even more firm and lifted. I couldn't be more surprised and happier! Laughing I am also very impressed with the quality of her skincare products. So far I've had some nice results using the retinol product at night and the advanced anti aging cream during the day. I also use the anti-aging moisture mask and creamy cleanser because my skin is normally super dry. It's made a huge differene in the way my skin looks and feels...diminished fine lines and much more moisturized. Great stuff. The EGF is next on my list to try! Michey
TracyK

Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone! I really hope that I am in the right place to post my testimonial. I am not very computer savvy and forums tend to confuse me. I want to share my results using Facercise to help inspire others. After using Facercise I had to write Carole and let her know about my amazzzzzing improvements after such a short period of time. I will copy and paste what I wrote to her below. I tried posting before with my photos and couldn't so I asked Aprile through her blog to post them for me. I hope she is able to do so and you will be able to see my results.

I wanted to take my pictures without contacts, makeup or hair done because it shows what I REALLY look like underneath it all! It's shocking! I want to get to the point where I feel comfortable enough to go out into public all natural! I hope that my story has inspired some of you to try the program or to continue with the program. I am tickled pink at what I am experiencing and this is becoming an every day part of life for me. I know that you will not regret this program. Give it two or three weeks like I did and check your results. You will be SO happy that you did! I am slowly but surely getting back to the old me. It would not have been possible if I wouldn't have found Carole. Thank you so much Carole for your wonderful program and inspiration!

Hello Carole,

I want to start off saying that when I first discovered facersize I was VERY skeptical that it would be able to do anything for me. I thought that the before and after pictures that you had up were a little misleading. The lighting was different. They had cosmetic procedures. They were not holding themselves in the same positions or they were tilting their heads in such a way that it was appearing that they were getting results.

BOY WAS I WRONG!

I have been doing Facersize for about two to three weeks now. I only did them the way I was supposed to for about 3 days then I sort of got lazy and just did them here and there. I did not think that anything was happening and was about to give up when I decided to go ahead and take some more pictures to see if I would see even a tiny result.

I was not expecting to see what I saw! As you can see in the pictures, my eyes are opening up. I had some puffiness under my bottom lip and that has gone down DRAMATICALLY! I can see that my face is starting to lift. I think I will stop with the nose exercises because I don't want a pug nose, lol. I would like it to the thinner but i don't think I can have that without shortening it more. I don't want that! But I am SO excited about what I am seeing!

I went through a very painful break up with a man that I was with for almost 8 years. I really started to age very rapidly from stress and depression and in a very short time my face began to drop and age was catching up with me quickly. I also gained a considerable amount of weight during this time.

I have been starting to feel better and have recently gone on a diet and decided that if I was to be working out my body I needed to include my face as well.

Even though I have not been using your program the way I am supposed to, I am still seeing results. I am almost 37 and I am hoping within the next six months to have my face looking better than it was at 25!

Thank you so much for this wonderful gift! I know that there was a place on your website to leave a testimonial but for some reason I cannot find it. I am hoping you can give me a link so I can let people know how wonderful this really is!

I have been breaking out on my face and I am totally ok with that! That lets me know that something is really happening here. Even though I do not have the full results just yet, I am feeling and seeing an undeniable difference and it makes me so happy!

Forgive the pictures they were taken in my sisters kitchen and they are remodeling.

Many blessings,

Tracy From Texas Smile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Here are Tracy K's photos as promised. I hope her photos help to inspire others to know that Facercise really does work!

Here are her photos from the side view. Top photos are before and bottom are her after photos. Next are her front view before and after photos, the left is her before photo and the right one is her after photo after just 2-3 weeks of Facercising! If this doesn't post, you can click the link to view the photos. I hope it works!

aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Having trouble posting the second photo, without the white marker that Tracy used to show the improvements on her face. You may need to cut and paste into browser in order to view.

Hammyxxx
5% products discount

Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tracy, I can see your results are looking good. Im suffering under eye hollows spanning the whole of the lower orbital rim, they are worse on the outer part of my lower eye. Been doing facercise for couple of months but with no success so far with them, Crying or Very sad.

On your photos from the side view your undereyes look more hollow after exercising i.e. greater amount of shadow been cast. Which is my current worry i.e. they look like deeper hollows with upper cheek build. What are your views to this as you see yourself, not in a photo. Do your hollows look like they are filling out (outerpart of the eye, not just the tear trough area)?

TracyK wrote:
Hello everyone! I really hope that I am in the right place to post my testimonial. I am not very computer savvy and forums tend to confuse me. I want to share my results using Facercise to help inspire others. After using Facercise I had to write Carole and let her know about my amazzzzzing improvements after such a short period of time. I will copy and paste what I wrote to her below. I tried posting before with my photos and couldn't so I asked Aprile through her blog to post them for me. I hope she is able to do so and you will be able to see my results.

I wanted to take my pictures without contacts, makeup or hair done because it shows what I REALLY look like underneath it all! It's shocking! I want to get to the point where I feel comfortable enough to go out into public all natural! I hope that my story has inspired some of you to try the program or to continue with the program. I am tickled pink at what I am experiencing and this is becoming an every day part of life for me. I know that you will not regret this program. Give it two or three weeks like I did and check your results. You will be SO happy that you did! I am slowly but surely getting back to the old me. It would not have been possible if I wouldn't have found Carole. Thank you so much Carole for your wonderful program and inspiration!

Hello Carole,

I want to start off saying that when I first discovered facersize I was VERY skeptical that it would be able to do anything for me. I thought that the before and after pictures that you had up were a little misleading. The lighting was different. They had cosmetic procedures. They were not holding themselves in the same positions or they were tilting their heads in such a way that it was appearing that they were getting results.

BOY WAS I WRONG!

I have been doing Facersize for about two to three weeks now. I only did them the way I was supposed to for about 3 days then I sort of got lazy and just did them here and there. I did not think that anything was happening and was about to give up when I decided to go ahead and take some more pictures to see if I would see even a tiny result.

I was not expecting to see what I saw! As you can see in the pictures, my eyes are opening up. I had some puffiness under my bottom lip and that has gone down DRAMATICALLY! I can see that my face is starting to lift. I think I will stop with the nose exercises because I don't want a pug nose, lol. I would like it to the thinner but i don't think I can have that without shortening it more. I don't want that! But I am SO excited about what I am seeing!

I went through a very painful break up with a man that I was with for almost 8 years. I really started to age very rapidly from stress and depression and in a very short time my face began to drop and age was catching up with me quickly. I also gained a considerable amount of weight during this time.

I have been starting to feel better and have recently gone on a diet and decided that if I was to be working out my body I needed to include my face as well.

Even though I have not been using your program the way I am supposed to, I am still seeing results. I am almost 37 and I am hoping within the next six months to have my face looking better than it was at 25!

Thank you so much for this wonderful gift! I know that there was a place on your website to leave a testimonial but for some reason I cannot find it. I am hoping you can give me a link so I can let people know how wonderful this really is!

I have been breaking out on my face and I am totally ok with that! That lets me know that something is really happening here. Even though I do not have the full results just yet, I am feeling and seeing an undeniable difference and it makes me so happy!

Forgive the pictures they were taken in my sisters kitchen and they are remodeling.

Many blessings,

Tracy From Texas Smile
TracyK

Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Hammy,

As I said in my post, I've only been using the program for 2-3 weeks and haven't even been doing the exercises the way I am supposed to. When I looked at the side view of the photos I noticed the lighting in the room was darker. As I said, my sister is remodeling and they ripped out the ceiling and the lighting is probably just off in the photo. In person, my hollows look a lot better than they did before Facercise. The outer area was never a problem so I cannot comment on that. I had more hollow in the corner into the tear trough area before Facercise. I also can see more darkness beneath my eyes in the before photo than in the after and both photos were taken without any makeup on as you can see my zit!! I just know that it is working for me and wanted to share my results. Sorry about the shadows and that causing any worries for you; my eyes defintely look much improved in person from the side view too!!! HTH, Tracy
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Re: hollows. I think LouLou's "Wish" exercise is great for hollows, and "Open Eyelids" which is self-explanatory.

I'm planning on doing a mish-mash..I now have FlexEffect v3 and I'll mix in LouLou eye exercises/cheeks.

I really like the Cynthia Rowland brow ex which Santa Maria Runge also demos. There was a link to it on EDS somewhere but darned if I can find it Smile

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Hammyxxx
5% products discount

Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Ah thanks for your reply Tracy Smile

ljk, I've attempted flex effect for under my eye and ouch! made things worse, puffiness, darkness, wrinkling and soreness of my skin...wont go near it again.

Ageless caused me to develop little pouches at the corner of my mouth so I stopped it after a week. Crying or Very sad
TracyK

Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Hammy,

I really think the Facercise program is extremely effective, and hasn't caused any adverse effects. Plus I am getting results after such a short period of time and not even doing them as often as I should! I think since the skin in that area is so thin, it takes time to fill in. I would stick with it if I were you; a couple of months isn't really all that long. I have never seen hollows at the outer eye area; only near the tear trough area... hmmm.... Just wondering....do you have the new Ultimate DVD? Smile Tracy
Hammyxxx
5% products discount

Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tracy

Hollows outer corner? well if you can imagine the undereye area being nice and full all the way from inner to outer corner - well thats what mine were like until November last year, now the under eye area appears sunken, looking at it from sideview there is a hollow dent; happened pretty rapidly too Crying or Very sad .

Yeah I have the ultimate DVD but was just sticking with the program from the book as Ive been familiar with those exercises for 10 yr. I was feeling pretty disheartened as many reviewers on Caroles said their undereye hollows have filled in a couple of weeks, like yourself but, I suspect they are referring to the tear trough area.

What I was finding though was as my cheek was plumping out under the outer corner of my eye, it made the hollows appear deeper. Confused It was as if my face below my lower eyelid was responding but my eyelids weren't. I started to throw in flex effects (FE)lower eyelid exercise and I tried the FE undereye massage technique and OMG never again!

Are you just doing the ultimate exercises only Tracy?

Hammy Smile

TracyK wrote:
Hi Hammy,

I really think the Facercise program is extremely effective, and hasn't caused any adverse effects. Plus I am getting results after such a short period of time and not even doing them as often as I should! I think since the skin in that area is so thin, it takes time to fill in. I would stick with it if I were you; a couple of months isn't really all that long. I have never seen hollows at the outer eye area; only near the tear trough area... hmmm.... Just wondering....do you have the new Ultimate DVD? Smile Tracy
TracyK

Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hammy wrote:
Hi Tracy

Hollows outer corner? well if you can imagine the undereye area being nice and full all the way from inner to outer corner - well thats what mine were like until November last year, now the under eye area appears sunken, looking at it from sideview there is a hollow dent; happened pretty rapidly too Crying or Very sad .

Yeah I have the ultimate DVD but was just sticking with the program from the book as Ive been familiar with those exercises for 10 yr. I was feeling pretty disheartened as many reviewers on Caroles said their undereye hollows have filled in a couple of weeks, like yourself but, I suspect they are referring to the tear trough area.

What I was finding though was as my cheek was plumping out under the outer corner of my eye, it made the hollows appear deeper. Confused It was as if my face below my lower eyelid was responding but my eyelids weren't. I started to throw in flex effects (FE)lower eyelid exercise and I tried the FE undereye massage technique and OMG never again!

Are you just doing the ultimate exercises only Tracy?

Hammy Smile

Hammy,

I too, struggle with the dark under eye circles as well as very deep hollows. They have improved so much since using this program. I had broken my nose in 1999 and since then have really struggled with sinus issues. I think this is the reason for the dark circles. Too much sleep, not enough sleep, sinuses and genetics play a big role on the appearance of the dark circles. You also need to make sure that you have a healthy balanced diet and are drinking plenty of water. I am learning this myself.

I am not completely happy with my appearance just yet. But my hope has been restored with this program. I am still using the beginners DVD and will buy the Ultimate as soon as I feel I have gotten the hang of the beginners.

I have really backed off of the program the last week because I am getting the kids ready for back to school. We also only have a few weeks left of summer fun. As soon as everything gets on track I will start to use the program as I am supposed to.

I still do some of the exercises throughout the day. I get some interesting looks to say the least. I will probably go ahead and order the ultimate dvd within the next week or two. I will let you know how that works out. I really need to get on the ball and do these exercises the right way so I can post some more pictures for everyone to see the progress. Stay optimistic. Keep using the program because even if you do not see results right away, in the long run you will be happier for it.

It's kind of like going to the gym. Some people will get immediate results, while it takes others longer. What I have experienced is amazing. Others have had even better experiences with the program than I have. But I wont give up because I know it's working. The proof is all over my face Very Happy
Hammyxxx
5% products discount

Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Tracy and good luck with it; you're certainly getting good results so far so I've no doubt you'll be one of those facercisers who look 10 yr younger! Yes please do post your pics - I think it's so good of people to do that - myself would not have the courage to put my face on the internet (other than facebook lol) as my once pretty face has unfortunately started to vanish - thanks to the hollows Confused

HEY DOES ANYONE KNOW IF FACIAL EXERCISE CAN LIFT UP THE 'MALAR FAT PAD' (google that if you dont kno about it, its the fat of the cheek which apparently spans over the lower oribital bone)giving plumpness to the undereye

Some medics are saying it slips down the face away from it's ligaments; others are saying it simply deflates. Whatever is going on with it - I was wondering if one lifts the cheek muscles up with exercise does the malar fat pad follow Question

Hammy
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Hammy wrote:
ljk, I've attempted flex effect for under my eye and ouch! made things worse, puffiness, darkness, wrinkling and soreness of my skin...wont go near it again.

Hammy

Not a Facercise trainer, but being a FlexEffect trainer, this is something I have answered in the past on our forum. I know you say you have done FlexEffect and had bad results, and only wish you would have spoken to me or one of the other trainers on the forum, as we would have only been too happy to help you (or anyone else who had purchased the kit), as I think I could have helped you with this area, but nevertheless, I think I can answer your question here.

Hammy wrote:
Thanks Tracy and good luck with it; you're certainly getting good results so far so I've no doubt you'll be one of those facercisers who look 10 yr younger! Yes please do post your pics - I think it's so good of people to do that - myself would not have the courage to put my face on the internet (other than facebook lol) as my once pretty face has unfortunately started to vanish - thanks to the hollows Confused

HEY DOES ANYONE KNOW IF FACIAL EXERCISE CAN LIFT UP THE 'MALAR FAT PAD' (google that if you dont kno about it, its the fat of the cheek which apparently spans over the lower oribital bone)giving plumpness to the undereye

Some medics are saying it slips down the face away from it's ligaments; others are saying it simply deflates. Whatever is going on with it - I was wondering if one lifts the cheek muscles up with exercise does the malar fat pad follow Question

Hammy

When the fat pad slips, its actually the end result of several processes that have taken place. For example, there is actually several changes that have to take place before that slipping can actually happen. I have even heard some surgeons argue that the NL line that you read so often about is caused by the fat pads slipping. I've also heard that its not so much that it slips, but moreso that the fat begins to diminish as we age, in which case I think facial exercises again can help prevent that or create fullness to restore lost fat.

What is interesting to me to note is that surgeries for these often don't last very long (a year or so). If you google suture lifts - which is one of the many procedures where the malar pad is lifted, your quickly find feedback that this is so. I think with facial exercises though and this area, they are more designed for prevention rather than cure, but whole heartedly believe that like many things, when you begin making an effort to improve an area of the face, the body will work with you if you do so holistically. I'm not so sure you will be able to literally get the fat pad moved back to its former youthful position, but bet that with exercising the face, where you cause the muscles to lift, it will bring both the skin, and the fat thats there with it int he process.

Hope that helps!

Sean

5% products discount

Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Sean

Yep, Im truly terrified of FE undereye exercise and massage, I know that people say keep on doing it, but I just could bear it. Mind my undereyes are starting to look puffy now anyway.

Thanks for you imput on the malar fat pad. Im not sure whether mine has dropped or not, yes it probably atrophied definitetly (I had read this can cause under eye hollows and loss of the smooth transition between lower eyelid and cheek - which is what I have lost) I do know that it is strongly adhered to skin tissue but not muscle, so was unsure that it would lift with exercise Confused

Mind you since I been exercising, even with facercise, (which I have dabbled with for 10 year with no problems) the junction between my lower eyelid and cheek have become more prominent, making hollows look worse. I just havnt had the success other people have had. I'm a bit of a misery at the minute, it was only a couple of years ago people still thought I was in my early 20's .. Vicious cycle really - age literaly punches you in the face, you feel depressed and in a panic, then because your depressed you look even worse! Even the perricone diet is no longer having any effect for me; that used to be awesome for me - could go without wearing any foundation if I followed that! not now though Crying or Very sad

Thanks Sean
Hammy
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Hammy

You know many people are, and I truly understand and appreciate why, but having worked with people and done it myself, I can honestly say that once you understand the eye area, and realise that a puffy response etc is a sign that what your doing is having an effect, it doesn't become so scary. Having said that, theres many routes to any one destination, and so if people feel FlexEffect isn't for them, there's bound to be one of the many other programs out there that will give you improvement to that area.

Trouble with the malar fat pad theory (and thats all it is at present, as it hasn't been completely and factually proved just yet) is that it doesn't take into consideration other factors, such as loss or diminishing of facial fat, as this would impact the malar fat pad area also, which is why I think there is differing opinions amongst surgeons on this procedure. That and the operations done to correct it usually don't have long lasting results, and diminish within 1-2 years from what I understand (although no expert on surgery I have to confess), so to me this shows that its not just about fat pad positioning or placement.

With the lower lid muscle, it terminates directly into the skin, and it doesn't get much better than that, so when you work say the lower lid muscle you not only engage the muscle, but you also impact the surrounding tissue. This is helpful for several reasons, as not only does it stimulate the muscle and fat thats already there, but it also to some degree impacts the lymphatic system and so you can get a multitude of benefits.

Sometimes when a person begins facial exercises the cheeks are a lot more responsive (for some people). In the past I used to argue against statements made by others that the eyes were always the first muscles to respond to facial exercises, as I found for some people these muscles were relatively weak or had slackened significantly and so wouldn't show results straight away, and would need time to wake up and warm up. So if you have a person who begins facial exercising, with weaker eye lid muscles, and their cheeks build, this can emphasize what looks like hollows, but in effect is simply the cheeks responding faster than the lower lid muscle and this thus creates a dip or can appear to temporarily worsen the existing hollows. Over time though, the eyelid muscles do catch up, and as a result this area beings to lift and fill out, but of course I can completely understand why some people panic as it can be frightening if your not aware of what exactly is taking place beneath the surface. As with FlexEffect we often tell people to give their training at least a year, so they get an idea of all the muscles coming together - but this doesn't imply that they won't see results before hand, but a years worth of training is generally sufficient time for the majority of muscles to get stronger and build together, but some people may need longer (but the same is true for any program out there).

You may be starting from a complete different place to others who are having success in their eye areas, and I bet you may have had changes that they haven't had yet. As mentioned the eye area can be weak for some people, and we all have weaker and stronger muscles, its just about discovering which ones are which and then tailoring whatever program your following to suit these muscles and over time these do improve. Its an interesting perception that you have that age punches you in the face, but its quite a statement and not one that I'm in favour of. I tend to think that our faces represent all our actions up to the present time (good and bad), which is something to rejoice over, but like most things, if a person wishes to improve aspects of their faces and makes wise efforts and works towards that goal, I think the universe meets us half way. Trick is to work with your body rather than against it. Interesting what you say about Perricone diet working for you, and no longer now. What convinces you that its no longer working for you - as its a very sound diet system (although not one that I follow but I understand the theory behind it) and so if it did deliver results at one point, I imagine there has to be factors involved why it suddenly has stopped.

Sean
Hammy wrote:
Thanks Sean

Yep, Im truly terrified of FE undereye exercise and massage, I know that people say keep on doing it, but I just could bear it. Mind my undereyes are starting to look puffy now anyway.

Thanks for you imput on the malar fat pad. Im not sure whether mine has dropped or not, yes it probably atrophied definitetly (I had read this can cause under eye hollows and loss of the smooth transition between lower eyelid and cheek - which is what I have lost) I do know that it is strongly adhered to skin tissue but not muscle, so was unsure that it would lift with exercise Confused

Mind you since I been exercising, even with facercise, (which I have dabbled with for 10 year with no problems) the junction between my lower eyelid and cheek have become more prominent, making hollows look worse. I just havnt had the success other people have had. I'm a bit of a misery at the minute, it was only a couple of years ago people still thought I was in my early 20's .. Vicious cycle really - age literaly punches you in the face, you feel depressed and in a panic, then because your depressed you look even worse! Even the perricone diet is no longer having any effect for me; that used to be awesome for me - could go without wearing any foundation if I followed that! not now though Crying or Very sad

Thanks Sean
Hammy

5% products discount

Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sean

May I ask about the lower eyelid for people who have hollows. If you can answer, how exactly do hollows begin to fill? Does the lower eyelid muscle tighten/shorten so as to bring up the base of the hollow or does the obicularis muscle thicken within the lower eyelid. Its just since my current exercises I can feel a little muscle starting to form over the bone of the tear trough area, and over the half the orbital rim (which I assume is the orbicularis I can feel) but cannot feel any muscle forming at the outer corner of the orbital rim (near the temple area) however this muscle build over my tear trough is pushing the skin forward, giving the impression of puffiness/darkness there Crying or Very sad

Also those who do fill in their hollows with exercise, is the final result a smooth/flat transition from lower eyelid to cheek area?

Yes I kno its dramatic my explanation of 'Age' but god thats just how I feel about it at the moment, I used to look so young for my age - confidence has it rock bottom now. Confused

Yes the perricone, If I went on that in the past (in fact I am following it right now, well I dont eat any foods not allowed and have salmon almost every day) but before my skin would look lovely, like I said no foundation needed, plump and glowing to be presice, but before I had no hollows and my face was plumper I suppose. So why im not getting results now? I dont know but Dr Perricone's theory that if a person is depressed it shows in their skin. Maybes that's why, I don't know. Confused

Oh Sean you never happend to see that youtube video of Dr Perricone on the oprah show. Two women were on it who'd been on his 28 day diet. One lady was in her late 40's if I remember, before the diet she look very haggard, bags under eyes, loose skin etc. Then afterwards,OMG she looked amazing (like she'd had a facelift!!!) skin was tight, glowed, plump, no bags whatsoever honestly she looked 20 yr younger. Anyway lately I can no longer find that video. I have emailed Perricone to ask why it has been removed from the internet - no answer yet. I can only find a podcast mentioning it now (the other women on the show who'd been on the diet was called Hope, she was 35 but still had amazing results)

http://personallifemedia.com/podcasts/226-beauty-now/episodes/2961-doctor-nv-perricone-md-podcast-2-3-3-day

Link may not work- not sure if I can put links in but if you google 'perricone oprah hope' it comes up.

So I thought that the perricone diet may help my hollows but, nope not helping.

Thanks again Sean (if I dont reply again is because Ive used up my post limit - i assume I still can only post a limited amount of replies)

Smile
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Hammy

Well I kind of think this turns the thread of its original purpose which was to discuss Facercise, and so with your using it as your primary facial exercise program would suggest you pose this question to Carole or one of the more seasoned Facercise users like Aprile. The only thing I might add is that I've seen eye hollows filled with facial exercises (and it is as you say a smoothing of the skin right up to the lower lid) for sure (not just FlexEffect) so know these results are possible, but a great deal depends on many factors. For example lack of sleep can really impact the look of the face, but also inteferes with hormones and endocrine balance, and this will impact the look of the eyes. To be sure you need to determine what caused the hollows in the first place, and the usual place I would start would be looking at photos of parents and grand parents (and even great grandparents if they are available) to see whats kind of in your genetic mix.

I know of Perricone's diet, but I also know that it doesn't work for everyone. Although I do think he was very much ahead of his time when speaking about things like inflamation and glycation in the skin, and its role and effect on the skin's health, I know some people will find his diet too restricting to live with and also its quite costly. Having said that, if it works for people - I'm all for it. I think depression or any emotion has potential to show up in our skin, but usually there would be something more significant happening at a cellular level. Its like we often get ideas about the healthy foods we eat. Just because a food is healthy doesn't mean your body can digest it and assimilate it completely and fully or that your benefit from it. This was really brought home to myself several years ago, where I was eating a healthy organic meal and just felt terrible. Then went and had a blood test done, and found out that two of the things that I included at every meal wasn't right for my body and my body struggled with digesting them. These were healthy foods, so according to the books I should have been fine. And like most things as time goes by, and our body's adapt to modern life and pressures, so too do they adapt food wise to such changes. So what I was once intolerant to, I can now eat without issue. The same might be true for you with the Perricone diet. You know once it was perfect and resulted in those results, but now its not quiet 100% correct for your body.

I'd actually seek to get proper advice from Carole, and she does answer emails so it might be worth emailing her for guidance.

Sean
Hammy wrote:
Hi Sean

May I ask about the lower eyelid for people who have hollows. If you can answer, how exactly do hollows begin to fill? Does the lower eyelid muscle tighten/shorten so as to bring up the base of the hollow or does the obicularis muscle thicken within the lower eyelid. Its just since my current exercises I can feel a little muscle starting to form over the bone of the tear trough area, and over the half the orbital rim (which I assume is the orbicularis I can feel) but cannot feel any muscle forming at the outer corner of the orbital rim (near the temple area) however this muscle build over my tear trough is pushing the skin forward, giving the impression of puffiness/darkness there Crying or Very sad

Also those who do fill in their hollows with exercise, is the final result a smooth/flat transition from lower eyelid to cheek area?

Yes I kno its dramatic my explanation of 'Age' but god thats just how I feel about it at the moment, I used to look so young for my age - confidence has it rock bottom now. Confused

Yes the perricone, If I went on that in the past (in fact I am following it right now, well I dont eat any foods not allowed and have salmon almost every day) but before my skin would look lovely, like I said no foundation needed, plump and glowing to be presice, but before I had no hollows and my face was plumper I suppose. So why im not getting results now? I dont know but Dr Perricone's theory that if a person is depressed it shows in their skin. Maybes that's why, I don't know. Confused

Oh Sean you never happend to see that youtube video of Dr Perricone on the oprah show. Two women were on it who'd been on his 28 day diet. One lady was in her late 40's if I remember, before the diet she look very haggard, bags under eyes, loose skin etc. Then afterwards,OMG she looked amazing (like she'd had a facelift!!!) skin was tight, glowed, plump, no bags whatsoever honestly she looked 20 yr younger. Anyway lately I can no longer find that video. I have emailed Perricone to ask why it has been removed from the internet - no answer yet. I can only find a podcast mentioning it now (the other women on the show who'd been on the diet was called Hope, she was 35 but still had amazing results)

http://personallifemedia.com/podcasts/226-beauty-now/episodes/2961-doctor-nv-perricone-md-podcast-2-3-3-day

Link may not work- not sure if I can put links in but if you google 'perricone oprah hope' it comes up.

So I thought that the perricone diet may help my hollows but, nope not helping.

Thanks again Sean (if I dont reply again is because Ive used up my post limit - i assume I still can only post a limited amount of replies)

Smile

5% products discount

Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I can certainly vouch Carole is helpful. She is presently offering me her help right now; I got a reply to my first email within hours!!

Aprile too has also helped me in the past and been very supportive.

Ah....hopefully I get them sorted one way or another. Umm Iv just looked at a photo of my grandmother in her late 40's...nope no hollows Laughing if fact she still looked stunning at that age. Umm maybe there is an underlying cause for mine...

Thanks Sean and Thanks everyone!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hammy,

How many times are you doing facial exercises a week? I'm just curious because you stated that you have been dabbling with Facercise for 10 yrs.
Hammyxxx
5% products discount

Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi Skincarefreak

Over the past 10 yr; just here and there like the cheek exercises for 2 weeks then nothing for months and months. I had a nice plump face then so it really my cheeks pop.

But I've been doing them twice a day since 17the May; now what happened is I can feel muscle form over the tear trough bone and it's pushing my skin forward so casting a shadow making the whole area look dark; it now actually looks puffy. Over the tear trough bone muscles has is building but my cheek directly under obviously hasnt, so now the junction between the eyelid and the cheek is more visible.

Also there is uneven muscle build over the orbital rim so, ie I can feel build in the middle part of the rim but the outer part, nothing so there is like a hollow dip on the outer corner. My right eye is much worse but there is less muscle over the rim of that eye.

Before doing the exercises when I looked in a mirror straight ahead, I didnt look puffy,or shadowed but now I do Crying or Very sad . Basically my under eyes now look a real mess, worse still because my right eye looks worse than left. Im going to see what Carole suggests Crying or Very sad
Hammyxxx
5% products discount

Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:58 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if a person gains weight, can this weight gain also fill out the undereye, or outer corner of the under eye, or does it not go there when its gone. I though this may be orbital fat loss but I can feel bone under the hollow on my outer corner.

Dr Meronk's website; he states if you can feel bone under the hollow its a cheek problem Confused
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Not familiar with Dr Meronk or his work, whats his website?

With gaining weight, its difficult because when a person gains weight, they do so in particular places unique to their body. So for example some people when they gain weight notice it mostly round their torsos, others gain it all over. I'm not aware of anyone who has gained weight gaining it solely in the lower eye area. Excess weight is excess weight so I always worry when I hear people saying they want to regain weight because they want to gain the fat they had back on their faces as I'm not so sure this is either fully possible or healthy to do.

Sean

Hammy wrote:
Does anyone know if a person gains weight, can this weight gain also fill out the undereye, or outer corner of the under eye, or does it not go there when its gone. I though this may be orbital fat loss but I can feel bone under the hollow on my outer corner.

Dr Meronk's website; he states if you can feel bone under the hollow its a cheek problem Confused

5% products discount

Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:54 am      Reply with quote
http://www.drmeronk.com/hollowed/hollow-eyelid-ofgFAQs.html

Meronk does orbital fat graftind...not that I can afford that anyway. He's in the USA I think, im in the UK.

He got quite a bit of information about hollow eyes

SeanySeanUK wrote:
Not familiar with Dr Meronk or his work, whats his website?

With gaining weight, its difficult because when a person gains weight, they do so in particular places unique to their body. So for example some people when they gain weight notice it mostly round their torsos, others gain it all over. I'm not aware of anyone who has gained weight gaining it solely in the lower eye area. Excess weight is excess weight so I always worry when I hear people saying they want to regain weight because they want to gain the fat they had back on their faces as I'm not so sure this is either fully possible or healthy to do.

Sean

Hammy wrote:

skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Hammy wrote:
Hi Skincarefreak

Over the past 10 yr; just here and there like the cheek exercises for 2 weeks then nothing for months and months. I had a nice plump face then so it really my cheeks pop.

But I've been doing them twice a day since 17the May; now what happened is I can feel muscle form over the tear trough bone and it's pushing my skin forward so casting a shadow making the whole area look dark; it now actually looks puffy. Over the tear trough bone muscles has is building but my cheek directly under obviously hasnt, so now the junction between the eyelid and the cheek is more visible.

Also there is uneven muscle build over the orbital rim so, ie I can feel build in the middle part of the rim but the outer part, nothing so there is like a hollow dip on the outer corner. My right eye is much worse but there is less muscle over the rim of that eye.

Before doing the exercises when I looked in a mirror straight ahead, I didnt look puffy,or shadowed but now I do Crying or Very sad . Basically my under eyes now look a real mess, worse still because my right eye looks worse than left. Im going to see what Carole suggests Crying or Very sad

I'm not Carole, but I'm wondering if the doing it twice a day may be a little too much for your face and muscles. Maybe, it's best to do it slower but at a steady pace?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |