Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::REVIEW:: 302 Skincare Part 2: More Questions and Feedback
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Kate08
5% products discount

Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:08 am      Reply with quote
I too feel lucky and understand the whys and wherefores since this is a spa/pro line with patent concerns (I have work experience in both dayspa and the pharma field). Anyhoo...

Thought I'd mention that over the recent three day weekend (in US) I got more sun than intended (oops!) and found that the Ugogirl foundation protected my face really well. I was wearing a hat but not a super wide brimmed one and got a slight burn on one side of my decollete where I did not apply RM/MMU but no sign of sunburn on my face at all! MMU/RM passed the test(I am a former liquid foundation user and used to use liquid SS)

I treated the sunburn with aloe vera and helichrysum hydrosol and lavender eo and a wee bit of the Oinment rx. A week later there's no sign-- my decoll is even in tone now. Of course I will be more careful next time but am not freaking out since I've been so careful about the sun for a long time that I can't complain. More than sun damage my #1 aesthetic concern area would be visible capillaries and thankfully between the recovery minerals and the MMU I am able to get decent coverage.

Lowbrowscientist wrote:
IMO we were lucky to have Boski helping out, she was actually given a copy of the handbook (that usually only docs or estys get) so she could help answer the huge onslaught of questions she was bombarded with daily. As it is now, we can still ask the estys, but they aren't always as fast at getting back to us. And I thought it was cool to get replies directly from the founder, and also to have the company hearing and even implementing some of our suggestions... those were perks that people don't often get to experience.
Kate08
5% products discount

Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:19 am      Reply with quote
as a PS since I haven't done an id sig: I'm a 40+ auburn redhead acid/peel virgin using drops, C boost, sensitive cleanser, bar, recovery minerals, ointment rx, calming mist, lip balm

Also, I would be in the beauty from the inside out camp (aspiring anyway) and feel that enough sleep, nutrition & yoga make a big difference in my skin's appearance.

Thanks to this board and participants I'm enjoying learning about skin brushing and much more!

And thanks Rileygirl for the reminder about the ramekin microwave drop heating method. This past week or so has been so busy for me and I was focused on the sunburn so I haven't started to play around with the heat techniques for product penetration. I have the tripod now so I will be trying to take some pics too.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Kate08 wrote:
as a PS since I haven't done an id sig: I'm a 40+ auburn redhead acid/peel virgin using drops, C boost, sensitive cleanser, bar, recovery minerals, ointment rx, calming mist, lip balm

Also, I would be in the beauty from the inside out camp (aspiring anyway) and feel that enough sleep, nutrition & yoga make a big difference in my skin's appearance.

Thanks to this board and participants I'm enjoying learning about skin brushing and much more!

And thanks Rileygirl for the reminder about the ramekin microwave drop heating method. This past week or so has been so busy for me and I was focused on the sunburn so I haven't started to play around with the heat techniques for product penetration. I have the tripod now so I will be trying to take some pics too.

How long have you been on the 302? (Sorry if you posted that, I haven't went back to look)

I am looking forward to others sharing their 302 "before/after" pictures. My link is somewhere back in the thread...lol...I don't know the link off the top of my head Smile I found it: http://beautybloggingspot.blogspot.com/ - These are my "before" pictures. I will post some "after" pictures probably once every 1-2 months, depending on results.

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Kate08 wrote:

I really credit 302 for making me way more aware of my diet and how that affects my skin. Didn't really think about the "internal" part of things before! Now I really try to eat better, and get more fruits and vegetables in.

Good luck if you try the ramekin/microwave tip, Kate. That really worked miracles for me in getting the lipids to penetrate!
Kate08
5% products discount

Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:33 am      Reply with quote
MentorAmy05 wrote:

How long have you been on the 302? (Sorry if you posted that, I haven't went back to look)

Hi MentorAmy,

I just checked and I've been on 302 since Feb of this year. I've recently been on 302 holiday-- probably longer than necessary this month and will probably start back using the drops and c-boost this week..

In '08 I was looking to review and possibly update my skin care and found EDS and the original 302 thread. My goal really is to take the best care I can of the skin I have. I don't really have much in the way of before photos since I didn't have a digital camera until this year and only recently acquired a tripod.

So, sorry no before/afters at this point. Now going to try out the tripod, wash my makeup brushes, eat healthy etc etc before going back to work tomorrow!

Glad you're feeling that softer skin!
Kate08
5% products discount

Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks again Rileygirl!
('Smile')
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Kate08 wrote:
MentorAmy05 wrote:

Hi MentorAmy,

I just checked and I've been on 302 since Feb of this year. I've recently been on 302 holiday-- probably longer than necessary this month and will probably start back using the drops and c-boost this week..

In '08 I was looking to review and possibly update my skin care and found EDS and the original 302 thread. My goal really is to take the best care I can of the skin I have. I don't really have much in the way of before photos since I didn't have a digital camera until this year and only recently acquired a tripod.

So, sorry no before/afters at this point. Now going to try out the tripod, wash my makeup brushes, eat healthy etc etc before going back to work tomorrow!

Glad you're feeling that softer skin!

Are you trying to address specific areas, that are "problems" or are you using 302 as part of an ageing regime?

Are you re-introducing the drops or have you previously used them? Have your results thus far been good?

I did my spray tanning last night on my face and it look okay, as of now Smile Hopefully all will go well and I will be able to continue it, so that I won't have to wear any make-up (I am lazy and make-up takes too much time)

I have broken out with a few more bumps than normal, on my last application (Specially the forehead area) I did realize though, when I was applying them, that I had too much, but still used it anyways, so that is what I get.....I am sticking to the every other night for now, but I may go ahead and get the acne serum, so I can introduce it soon......C Boost too Smile

BTW, I read some of the "old" posts from that other forum and man, I may also have been hesitant to give these products a try, if I had of read that first, but as of now, I am thankful, I didn't see those Smile but I do know that you can't really talk bad about something unless you give it a try....I am just hoping this doesn't make my skin worse, as I also read that on the other forum Sad I guess time will tell.....I am going to stick it out though!

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
chickenlittle wrote:
Hi Elvisshops!

I am a C Boost user. I have acne-prone skin, and at first I would get little spots when I used C Boost, so I stopped.

As my skin became more resilient and happy again, I re-tried the C-Boost and I it is fine now. For me it is a pleasant, light product that gives a subtle overall brightening effect.

I use it maximum once a week.

Hope this helps!

Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Elvisshops wrote:
Hi. I'm new to EDS and to 302. I have the c boost and will begin using it shortly. 302 threads certainly have a lively and diverse following.

What can I expect to see within the first month or so of c boost use? The good, the bad, the ugly?

BTW, I have read through the very long 302 thread that gave rise to this one.

Thanks.

Elvisshops,

I missed your post earlier, but I hope maybe someone else can chime in. I have used the C Boost, but VERY sporadically. So, I can't say for sure what to expect with regular use. I do seem to recall that some people had some breakouts when they first used it (as in, for the first 2 or 3 weeks) and as time went on, the problem resolved itself. In at least one situation, I think the user determined that they needed to use more water when applying the drops (meaning, they needed their face to be more wet before applying, or they may have been using too many drops). I think someone else having problems with the C Boost cut back usage to one or two days for a few weeks, then when they bumped back up to 3x a week, they didn't have issues. I don't recall anyone having long term issues.

Of course, none of this could apply to you - you could experience something else, or you might experience nothing at all except your skin slowly improving. We'll be rooting for that, of course Smile

Thank you, ChickenLittle and Lowbrow. CL, you said you use the c boost once a week max. Why only once a week? Are you using it in conjunction with another 302 product?

My biggest problem is melasma. I have tried sooo many things to get rid of it, but no luck so far. I have also been breaking out over the last month, which is unusual. I am waiting until I get the mystery breakout under control before beginning c boost.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
I took a two day break from 302 and looked at my skin tonight and was really pleased. Smile I'll say it again, I don't care who has credentials or not, 302 is working for me!

I have tried countless other brands including Perricone and nothing has worked. So I'm sticking this out even on the rough days. I definitely am tired of being a product junkie and like all the natural ingredients in 302. I feel safe using it and that's what counts the most here.

5% products discount

Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies

Was just thinking it might be time for a 302 holiday - and realised that I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do.

Do I just take a break from the actives but I can continue with the cleanser & bar and the recovery minerals?

Also how long is good for a holiday? Will 2 weeks be sufficient? I have been on 302 since March and have been happy with it - thrilled with some products and just satisfied with others but what I have been a bit amazed by is that almost all my products look barely touched and its been 6 months!

I thought I'd be better off having a holiday before the weather changes too much here - as I want to be able to use the actives when the weather is very dry.

Thanks in advance!
Mx
HeavenLeigh
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:24 am      Reply with quote
mcshopper wrote:
Hi Ladies

Was just thinking it might be time for a 302 holiday - and realised that I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do.

Do I just take a break from the actives but I can continue with the cleanser & bar and the recovery minerals?

Also how long is good for a holiday? Will 2 weeks be sufficient? I have been on 302 since March and have been happy with it - thrilled with some products and just satisfied with others but what I have been a bit amazed by is that almost all my products look barely touched and its been 6 months!

I thought I'd be better off having a holiday before the weather changes too much here - as I want to be able to use the actives when the weather is very dry.

Thanks in advance!
Mx

HI Mcshopper,

Happy to hear that you're also happy with 302! Smile I started using it around the same time as you, but I've taken all too many 302 holidays lol, because I had too many issues to iron out and was using too many products, and too frequently all at once. so I'm quite familiar with what a 302 holiday entails.

From my understanding and from what Jennifer has told me, you just stop using any actives for 2 weeks..but you can continue to use the cleansers, the recovery minerals and mists. Some people think using the mists is cheating but I use it anyway as I need it for acne control. And when you re-start the actives, it is typical to see a new burst of improvement.

Hope you have much more beautiful skin after the holiday! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi ElvisShops,

I am using the other products, yes. I like the 302 drops & A Boost best and get great results from these. I use C Boost once a week at most simply for a change and a little brightening. As a general rule I rotate actives as much as possible, and under-use them as per the 302 philosophy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:42 am      Reply with quote
mcshopper wrote:
Hi Ladies

Thanks in advance!
Mx

Yep, that is my understanding of the vacation. No "active" products, just cleanser, sunscreen, some oils if you need them (like jojoba, etc.) I also started in March and am going to take the vacation, as well, as I feel I definitely have plateaued. I had some results in the first 2-3 months, but since that time all improvement seems to have stopped. Sad
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Just received the 302 Normal/Dry Cleanser....This is suppose to help "weed" out my texture problems Smile I will post on it, and let you guys know if it helps.....

Anyone here that has used it and noticed a good difference/change in their "texture"?

MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Do any of you guys use or recommend the Baby Quasar Red Device? It is approx. $400, so I do not want to get it if there is some other device out there that will show good results, as this is suppose too.

What are your opinions on this? Would it be a good investment for small pitted scars and texture problems? Have any of you tried this along with the 302 Products?

Could you guys that know anything about this or use this give me some of your opinions?

Thanks in advance!

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Amy, if you are interested in the LED's, I would suggest you look at Prolight or Lightstim. There are huge threads on these here on EDS. The babyQ has a tiny head and it will take you forever to treat the entire face.

I did use the Prolight for the 1st 1-2 months with 302 and that is when I had some results. But, I am not sure if it was the Prolight, 302, or a combination of both.
tarapaca
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
So I got this reply back from 302:

Richard Huber and David Counts are independent researchers and the
originators of the 302 technology which they developed in conjunction with
Eli Lilly during the mid 1990's. The technology was ultimately patented in
the US (Huber and Counts US Patents 5,468,490 and 5,514,709) and subsequently acquired by 302 Professional Skincare, LLC.
However, neither Huber nor Counts are the founders of 302 as a commercial
enterprise, nor are they stockholders or owners. Huber has provided 302 with
technical and management assistance up until very recently but has since
discontinued these roles to devote his energies to a new pharmaceutical
project. Counts similarly provided technical assistance to the development
of the technology post Eli Lilly, especially in regard to synthetic
approaches and identification of potential 302 pathways. We do not have
their curricula vitae on file, but both have been very much involved in
either bone and/or connective tissue research and development for many years
in either academic or private capacities as biochemists. Hope that this
helps and thank you for your interest in 302.

(they said it was ok to share)

As for my experience with 302 products I'm really loving the rosacea cleanser and calming mist, both are making my skin feel great. I've been using the drops for about a month now, can't really tell any difference in my skin, but it's still early days. My plan is to use 302 exclusively until mid-Jan then re-evaluate. That's five months, so ample time for improvement if it's going to happen for me.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
tarapaca wrote:
So I got this reply back from 302:

Richard Huber and David Counts are independent researchers and the
originators of the 302 technology which they developed in conjunction with
Eli Lilly during the mid 1990's. The technology was ultimately patented in
the US (Huber and Counts US Patents 5,468,490 and 5,514,709) and subsequently acquired by 302 Professional Skincare, LLC.
However, neither Huber nor Counts are the founders of 302 as a commercial
enterprise, nor are they stockholders or owners. Huber has provided 302 with
technical and management assistance up until very recently but has since
discontinued these roles to devote his energies to a new pharmaceutical
project. Counts similarly provided technical assistance to the development
of the technology post Eli Lilly, especially in regard to synthetic
approaches and identification of potential 302 pathways. We do not have
their curricula vitae on file, but both have been very much involved in
either bone and/or connective tissue research and development for many years
in either academic or private capacities as biochemists. Hope that this
helps and thank you for your interest in 302.

(they said it was ok to share)

As for my experience with 302 products I'm really loving the rosacea cleanser and calming mist, both are making my skin feel great. I've been using the drops for about a month now, can't really tell any difference in my skin, but it's still early days. My plan is to use 302 exclusively until mid-Jan then re-evaluate. That's five months, so ample time for improvement if it's going to happen for me.

Very interesting.....I am wondering when he "discontinued his role"????? Does this mean he is no longer involved with 302?

Wonder if the new line referenced is the "Calm Skin"? (I think that is the name)

Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
MentorAmy05 wrote:

Wonder if the new line referenced is the "Calm Skin"? (I think that is the name)

It's not Calm Skin. Calm Skin is a direct-to-consumer line, they use the Avocatin 302 in some of their products but they have different formulators/formulations.

Huber has mentioned a few times that he's working on pharmaceutical research; among other things, he mentioned it a few months ago when the new "higher grade" avogen products became available (it's somewhere in the first thread, can't remember where but a search would locate it if anyone's interested).

Since the pharmaceutical research has been going on for awhile, I suspect it just means his involvement with regular 302 products will be less (but not stop completely? At least, I hope that's what it means!). By "pharmaceutical" I mean "prescription only" products that will be prescribed by docs and derms, available literally through a pharmacy only. (So, polar opposite of Calmskin, which is meant to be more user friendly for people who don't want to have to go through an esty.)

tarapaca, thankyou so much for sharing that info - it is interesting to know and probably lots of people were curious (I know I was), even if not curious enough to send off an email to the company. You just saved us the trouble Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
I hope that is correct, LBS, as he seems to be a very helpful man, with lots of knowledge on skincare. So I certainlyhope that he wil continue to be involved, although, I took it as not.....but hopefully, he will!

Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
MentorAmy05 wrote:
I hope that is correct, LBS, as he seems to be a very helpful man, with lots of knowledge on skincare. So I certainlyhope that he wil continue to be involved, although, I took it as not.....but hopefully, he will!

It did look that way, didn't it Sad

ETA - I'm sure it won't make a huge difference either way, and whoever fills that role will be perfectly qualified and do a fine job. Without Boski here we sort of lost our "direct link" anyway.

For such a long time, we were able to get a ton of detailed, inside knowledge and commentary on the products, and we even had a "voice" with regards to the company hearing our feedback and even making changes based on our requests... we were VERY lucky to have that and I guess we've been spoiled Sad It's a shame we had to lose all that, sigh.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
MentorAmy05 wrote:

It did look that way, didn't it Sad

ETA - I'm sure it won't make a huge difference either way, and whoever fills that role will be perfectly qualified and do a fine job. Without Boski here we sort of lost our "direct link" anyway.

For such a long time, we were able to get a ton of detailed, inside knowledge and commentary on the products, and we even had a "voice" with regards to the company hearing our feedback and even making changes based on our requests... we were VERY lucky to have that and I guess we've been spoiled Sad It's a shame we had to lose all that, sigh.

I agree, maybe Boski will come back on, I never really got a chance to know her, but she seemed very knowledgeable, and as you said, she could get us answers.

I may e-mail 302 and see if Dr. Huber will still be involved, somewhat......I certainly hope so.....Jennifer at 21st Skin Care may know a little more about this too Question Who knows....Here's hoping to Boski/Nancy will be back.....

Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
MentorAmy05 wrote:
I may e-mail 302 and see if Dr. Huber will still be involved, somewhat......I certainly hope so.....Jennifer at 21st Skin Care may know a little more about this too Question Who knows....Here's hoping to Boski/Nancy will be back.....

Email Jennifer instead of 302 - she might even know the answer offhand, but if not, she would be able to get more information as an esty than we would get as consumers.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
MentorAmy05 wrote:

Email Jennifer instead of 302 - she might even know the answer offhand, but if not, she would be able to get more information as an esty than we would get as consumers.

I sent an e-mail, I will let you guys know what I find out, if anything Smile

MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
I received a reply back about Dr. Huber and we are pretty much correct, as stated above.

The e-mail I received to my question said that:

Richard is now wholly involved in a new pharmaceutical venture that taps into the 302 technology.

System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |