Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
::REVIEW:: 302 Skincare Part 2: More Questions and Feedback
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Time for an UPDATE for me

As many know, I've had a hard time using 302 products - on my face. They work for my sensitive chest, though.

I started using 302 in Jan after stopping use of Retin A and BHA products (and CPs). I had a huge increase in blackheads immediately after starting 302 and the blemishes started shortly after that. At the time, I thought stress could be the cause,so we plodded on w/ using 302.

I tried many different things to stop the flood of blemishes and blackheads that arose from 302, but nothing worked except stopping and going back on Retin A and other acne products that were successful for me in the past. It has taken 3 mos of no 302 to clear my skin of dozens of blemishes and blackheads.

I will continue using the 302 serum on my chest. I feel this is the star product of 302 and it's the one that's shown the best performance on my decollette. I also use the C boost a couple of times a week and that seems to be helping w/ the post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (which I have a LOT of).

I am extremely disappointed in my luck trying 302 out. I had really wanted it to work. I only realized (after ceasing use of 302) that the cleanser and mist were the issues for me when I noticed that my skin no longer itched during exercise. While using 302, my face would always itch during a heavy workout. It was only after stopping 302 that I notice the itch was no longer there that I realized I must have had a bad reaction to the cleanser and mist (which I always used before exercises). I'm sure my breakouts were from those products after witnessing that.

I do have some barely used cleansers and mists that I can sell for 1/2 off. I think these are the products that gave me the worst trouble since they had essential oils in them. I must be sensitive to these things. If anyone is interested in them, PM me. So many others have had raves about them, so I know they'll work for someone else (and at such a great price!)

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:12 am      Reply with quote
I've used 302 drops and C for several months. I'm not sure if I see that much improvement. Just ordered retin-a which I've used in the past for 30 years. Trying to decide whether or not to give 302 serum a try or just let it go.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Foxe,

sorry to hear that 302 didn't work out for you!

I know where you're coming from about the mists though, I suspect they give me problems too (i.e. breakouts).

All the best in your journey in finding what works for you!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:01 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Time for an UPDATE for me

As many know, I've had a hard time using 302 products - on my face. They work for my sensitive chest, though.

I started using 302 in Jan after stopping use of Retin A and BHA products (and CPs). I had a huge increase in blackheads immediately after starting 302 and the blemishes started shortly after that. At the time, I thought stress could be the cause,so we plodded on w/ using 302.

I tried many different things to stop the flood of blemishes and blackheads that arose from 302, but nothing worked except stopping and going back on Retin A and other acne products that were successful for me in the past. It has taken 3 mos of no 302 to clear my skin of dozens of blemishes and blackheads.

I will continue using the 302 serum on my chest. I feel this is the star product of 302 and it's the one that's shown the best performance on my decollette. I also use the C boost a couple of times a week and that seems to be helping w/ the post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (which I have a LOT of).

I am extremely disappointed in my luck trying 302 out. I had really wanted it to work. I only realized (after ceasing use of 302) that the cleanser and mist were the issues for me when I noticed that my skin no longer itched during exercise. While using 302, my face would always itch during a heavy workout. It was only after stopping 302 that I notice the itch was no longer there that I realized I must have had a bad reaction to the cleanser and mist (which I always used before exercises). I'm sure my breakouts were from those products after witnessing that.

I do have some barely used cleansers and mists that I can sell for 1/2 off. I think these are the products that gave me the worst trouble since they had essential oils in them. I must be sensitive to these things. If anyone is interested in them, PM me. So many others have had raves about them, so I know they'll work for someone else (and at such a great price!)

hey foxe, thank you for posting your update! Sorry the 302 products haven't worked out for you. & the itching too, that sounds annoying. Great that you found the culprit, sometimes its hard to work out what's causing the problem.

302 works so well for some people & really not well for others! I guess that's the way with just about every product line here on EDS. I just think its so great we all chip in & give our experiences, this thread has become a real gold mine of info on 302.
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:05 am      Reply with quote
While I'm here, I'll give a quick update on my situation:

I'm loving 302. As I've said before, I have been using it for some time - must be, oh, 15 months now.

I've just recently tried for the first time the high potency products & my skin loves them - the 302 hi potency & the 302 plus. I suspect it really helped me to take it very, very slow and use the lower strength products for a long time first.

The Acne Serum I think I used too much of, it gave me a mini-peel. So I'll wait and try it again in a few weeks time, using much less.
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Oh - forgot to add - my plugs of sebum are much shallower and much less.

When I came off acids & copper for 2 weeks before starting 302, I got a massive rush of pores plugged with hard sebum (like big, deep blackheads). These reduced steadily, and it's only now, after over a year, that I can say I'm nearly rid of them!
babs1031
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Wish I was that lucky. I have deep imbedded whiteheads that just won't go away! I just made an appt with a medical esthetician and I am hoping they can get rid of them. Still using 302 products, just because I have them but probably will be switching once I meet with the esty....It has been a merry-go-round! Just can't seen to get it right...Keep everyone posted.
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:45 am      Reply with quote
babs, you poor thing!

If you decide to stay with 302, this is what helped me:
using cleanser as the bar was too drying for face
acne spray
302 serum (I realise with hindsight this is better than drops for me when dealing with acne or plugs - however A Boost is good even though it is drops)

But 302 does not really cure acne for me, its more that it doesn't cause it, and the right 302 products help decrease outbreaks (so many other products break me out). For me diet is most important in stopping acne.
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Lexyg wrote:
HeavenLeigh, it seems those who have "issues" (and I'm not talking skincare here) continue to post to upset the morale of the thread.

So why are we allowing the dissenters to ruin the thread? There are more than enough satisifed customers, who are NORMAL, to keep the thread going. I have to admit, without Boski, Lowbrow and a few others, it makes it hard to ask questions for support. But we can still play! And those that don't belong in this "sandbox" will have to go elsewhere to throw sand.

I've used 302 exclusively for 10 months now. I'm still a "newbie" in my book. I can't say enough good things about this line! It isn't easy to adjust and continually adjust; it didn't work miracles but it did some VERY NICE things for my skin: reduced pore size tremendously, continues to even skin tone so much so that I feel confident without makeup. I rarely have a clogged pore or three; the rosacea butterfly is less pink and still a work in progress. The idea that you use LESS of these products as your skin improves over the years is amazing to me. You start slow, build up, and then slow down forever.

Lexyg you took the words right out of my mouth. I've had almost the identical experiance as you for the same amount of time.

Also, for the "unhappy ones" who like to come here and stir up dirt,plant doubts, don't forget there is a "report post" function that can be used to record any unnecessary possibly malicious post content....for those of us who'd like to continue a peaceful rational and respectful discussion (detailing the personal pros and cons of 302 relative to our own use) I recommend we should all make use of this function and let the Mods deal with it. Don't waste time or breath trying to refute, they are not interested in "genuine users" who are happy with the product, they are only looking for those who can be influenced to become a disgruntled followers of their own brand of thinking. Leave them to it. Don't give them air time. They can post all they please but we don't have to keep responding.

One could also question their reasons for being so persistent in downgrading this line if they are not users? Are they somehow connected to a brand or line or company in competition to 302? What are their affliations? What is their professional background? Are they working in field of skincare and developing their own product? Is there any other agenda they are trying to cultivate?

So, for all those who like to pop into this thread and ask disingenuous questions to people who are trying this product out recently, perhaps you'd like to answer the 5 specific questions above and post your information for all here to see, since you've pushed so hard for others to do the same.

As for the rest of us happy users, we all have the choice to respond or ignore these inflammatory posts. What do you say we start using our "report post" button a little more often? That's all I have to say, I will be either ignoring or reporting offensive posts of the above described nature.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
babs1031 wrote:
I'm so confused with these products. There are so many mixed reviews! I too have used them since last december. Am I wowed? No, but not totally disappointed either. Of course I know you need to be patient, but how patient can we all be? I have had issues with whiteheads along the jaw line (something I never get). I assume from 302 but the rest of my face is ok. I want to keep using the products, but just not sure if they are for me. I was a previous obagi user and had great results, however my skin was way too dry and red. 302 did help with the redness, but still not totally sold on it.

I feel the same way you do.....I also seem to be getting more bumps now than I have gotten in the past.....But I must say, I now only use the Acne Serum for "spot" treatment(s) and the bump(s) seem to be about gone the next day (Minimized if not gone)

I too am new to the product, as I started in August, so I am personally going to give it 6 months, minimum, and see how things are at that time......

I too want to like these products and I really hope they work for my skin issues......

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
nakeidknits
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:12 am      Reply with quote
I've been using 302 for almost two years now. As with any line, some of the products are great fits, others not so much.

My skin is very fussy with sunscreen, and not surprisingly, the 302 sunscreens haven't worked for me. I use the Ointment Rx as a daily sunscreen, but give my skin regular breaks. If I don't--zits.

Cleansers: I alternate between the F&B bar and the Rosacea cleanser, washing in the evening.

Mist: Calming Mist (I found the Acne Mist too drying, but use it as a spot treatment.)

Actives: Rosacea Drops, C Boost, A Boost, 302 drops, alternating. I take two nights off.

Eyes: Eye Serum (kind of a "meh" for me. Firming when used, but have noticed no long term improvement, really.)

I live in Colorado, so in the winter I sometimes supplement with a carrier oil for moisture, emu or argan.

I like the 302 line because it's largely organic, relatively inexpensive, and overall, my skin looks pretty good for an old broad. I also like the "do no harm" philosophy; it makes intrinsic sense that overuse of acids could ultimately harm skin. Eventually, research will either bear this out or not. Very Happy

You do, however, have to "listen" to your skin. When I'm feeling "break outy," I rotate in the A Boost or Rosacea Drops. When I'm feeling dry, I cleanse with the Rosacea Cleanser. Conversely in the summer, I reach more for the F&B bar.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
nakeidknits wrote:
I've been using 302 for almost two years now. As with any line, some of the products are great fits, others not so much.

My skin is very fussy with sunscreen, and not surprisingly, the 302 sunscreens haven't worked for me. I use the Ointment Rx as a daily sunscreen, but give my skin regular breaks. If I don't--zits.

Cleansers: I alternate between the F&B bar and the Rosacea cleanser, washing in the evening.

Mist: Calming Mist (I found the Acne Mist too drying, but use it as a spot treatment.)

Actives: Rosacea Drops, C Boost, A Boost, 302 drops, alternating. I take two nights off.

Eyes: Eye Serum (kind of a "meh" for me. Firming when used, but have noticed no long term improvement, really.)

I live in Colorado, so in the winter I sometimes supplement with a carrier oil for moisture, emu or argan.

I like the 302 line because it's largely organic, relatively inexpensive, and overall, my skin looks pretty good for an old broad. I also like the "do no harm" philosophy; it makes intrinsic sense that overuse of acids could ultimately harm skin. Eventually, research will either bear this out or not. Very Happy

You do, however, have to "listen" to your skin. When I'm feeling "break outy," I rotate in the A Boost or Rosacea Drops. When I'm feeling dry, I cleanse with the Rosacea Cleanser. Conversely in the summer, I reach more for the F&B bar.

Hi Nakeidknits,

Thanks for giving us an update! I was wondering if you ever tried the recovery minerals? I also have the ointment, but anything I do besides washing my face with the bar and acne cleanser will break my skin out. I think I'm one of those cases where my skin is going to take awhile because I can use anything else.
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
So here's an update on my progress.

I ordered the Recovery Minerals and the premium minerals. I was using the two together. It caused me to break out. Some kind person on here PMed me and told me I was too much minerals.

Then from there I decided to use the Acne serum as a spot treatment... (Jennifer didn't tell me to do this). Well for every spot I had another one formed and my face was a wall of breakouts.

So I went back to square one and have only been cleaning my face. My face is calming down now!

I'm worried because I haven't been able to use any sunscreen on my face. I really need to get a hold of Jennifer and talk to her about this issue.

All and all I'm happy! Before I started using the cleansers my face was a mess.

Smile
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I love hearing the good reports back, thanks for posting updates. Smile

I've had a few breakouts but it's all good because I am sure under my skin is years worth of gunk. If it gets too bad, I back off from 302 like it's been suggested here and all is well. Still a happy user here, haha, even happier knowing I'm chemical free. I'm so picky about that now, even got natural deodorant and perfume too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Thanks for giving us an update! I was wondering if you ever tried the recovery minerals? I also have the ointment, but anything I do besides washing my face with the bar and acne cleanser will break my skin out. I think I'm one of those cases where my skin is going to take awhile because I can use anything else.

Hi SKJ--

I haven't tried the recovery minerals. I have had bad luck with MMUs in general, so haven't been particularly motivated--even though the 302 product isn't technically an MMU. Maybe I'll give 'em a shot next summer. Too dry at altitude now!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:35 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:

I've had a few breakouts but it's all good because I am sure under my skin is years worth of gunk.

See, this is why I think accutane a small miracle. It completely got out ALL of the years underground gunk in there over 3 or 4 weeks without any angry breakouts...it all just sort of popped out a flaked away (gross, I know!), but left me with smooth as glass skin. Oh how I miss that stuff!
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi all, especially the original 302 girls Smile

I am afraid I do not get on here much but I wanted to give an update on my skin again and also ask for a little advice on anti-aging.

I have been using 302 for well over a year now. My skin has never looked better! Before I started 302 I had dull skin and breakouts around the jaw line. I now cannot even recall the last time I broke out Smile I cannot speak more highly of 302, I love it! and I owe a lot to the advice the girls here have given me, Boski is the best!

Now that my breakouts are under control, I find myself thinking more and more about anti-aging. Hey you know if it is not one thing we find another! I have started using the A-Boost recently, but I think it is too early to tell results here, only 3 weeks in. I am really looking for advice on which products may help me best in this area.

My main concern is fine lines around the eye area and forehead, elevens.

Any recommmendations with regard to 302 but also ultrasound or other devices would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Sal
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm wondering if I should try 302 serum. I've been using the drops, face bar, and C for several months now. I honestly don't know if I can see much improvement or not. My main problem is a flattened sagging face. However, the skin on the lower part of my face (chin area mostly) needs re-texturing. I would really like to input on whether or not I should buy the 302 Serum. Thank you!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:57 am      Reply with quote
For facial sagging & firmness, I started using a Vaculifter (small face) along with 302 drops. It's so easy to do. I'll post back how it goes.

My undereye area is better now but I realized this morning that I've been using icky makeup remover filled bad stuff, so it's going to be replaced with something organic/natural. I guess I sort of forgot that one little bit of my night routine when I wear mascara. Oppps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
In terms of re-texturizing my way post-meno skin, do you think I would see a difference going from 302 Drops to the 302 Serum? Is Serum that much more potent? Thanks! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
In terms of re-texturizing my way post-meno skin, do you think I would see a difference going from 302 Drops to the 302 Serum? Is Serum that much more potent? Thanks! Smile

Mars, as far as I remember the 302 drops and serum are the same. I think if you want to move up, you want to go to the Plus serum, which is the highest strength product 302 has.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, rileygirl. Still wondering if I should try it. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Thank you, rileygirl. Still wondering if I should try it. Confused

Good luck whatever you decide to do! The only thing I could offer is maybe after you used up your current product, to move up to the Plus Serum and see if that helps!
Lexyg
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I'd probably ask an esty which to move up to - Hi Potency or Plus Serum. My understanding is that Hi Potency has more avogen than regular Serum and Plus Serum has the same amount of avogen but other goodies in it, like Vit C.

Depending on what you're trying to achieve, one may be better than the other.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Guys. I have 302 C. Maybe I'll go with
the Plus Serum. The texture on my chin area is rough looking. Not at all attractive.
Thanks again. Smile

Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |