Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Products for rapid hair growth???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Glasgowgirl4

Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:19 am      Reply with quote
I am a half black, half white 19 year old who has completely damaged my hair with heating tools and relaxers. My hair is currently 7 inches long, but I really want an extra 3-4 inches (10-11'' total)! Is there any product out there that will help reverse the damage I've caused over the years and help me finally grow my hair long and wonderful???

I am currently taking the Calif/Natural Hair supplement pills, so I'm hoping they will help, along with trying to eat healthy.

Thanks for any advice anyone has for me!
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:38 am      Reply with quote
I have been taking 5 mg of Biotin a day for nearly a year, and my hair is much stronger, thicker and healthier-looking as a result. Also my nails are a lot stronger and don't break anymore.

http://www.iherb.com has great prices and very low airmail shipping costs.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Biotin does make a difference but I wouldn't say my hair grows twice as fast. I take between 2,500-3,000 daily. It will take several months to start to notice though but it worth a try.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Justine1900 wrote:
I have been taking 5 mg of Biotin a day for nearly a year, and my hair is much stronger, thicker and healthier-looking as a result. Also my nails are a lot stronger and don't break anymore.

http://www.iherb.com has great prices and very low airmail shipping costs.

Justine, did you mean 5 g or 5000 mg? 5 mg sounds so little.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Glasgowgirl4 wrote:
I am a half black, half white 19 year old who has completely damaged my hair with heating tools and relaxers. My hair is currently 7 inches long, but I really want an extra 3-4 inches (10-11'' total)! Is there any product out there that will help reverse the damage I've caused over the years and help me finally grow my hair long and wonderful???

I am currently taking the Calif/Natural Hair supplement pills, so I'm hoping they will help, along with trying to eat healthy.

Thanks for any advice anyone has for me!

I think MSM powder is supposed to help your hair growth. I take this as a supplement, and I notice ALL hair (unfortunately) grows really fast.
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, 5 mg. I read that anything less than 2 mg a day is of no help. I know for a fact that the biotin makes hair grow faster because I have to schedule hair colour appointments more frequently now.

I have also read that biotin assists in weight loss.

(Corrected original post.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Justine1900 wrote:
Oops, yes, 5 gm! I read that anything less than 2 gm a day is of no help. I know for a fact that the biotin makes hair grow faster because I have to schedule hair colour appointments more frequently now.

I have also read that biotin assists in weight loss.

Is it pure biotin you're taking or is it part of a formulation of a hair vitamin? I take hair vitamins that have 3 g of biotin in it.

ETA: oops looks like my bad instead...went to iherb and saw that they have 5000 mcg biotin or 5 mg biotin. There's no 5 g.
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
I take pure biotin. I am thinking of starting MSM and hyaluronic acid.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
I'm interested in Jarrows Formula or Source Naturals brand biotin 5 mg. The source naturals brand says "Biotin is a water-soluble vitamin. It is required by our bodies due to its involvement in carbohydrate, protein and fat metabolism."

I really like the reference to fat metabolism. Very Happy I hope it's true.

Vitacost has better price for source naturals but for jarrows formula, about the same as iherb.
kayanl
5% products discount

Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
I massage with an essential oil mix called "Chrome Dome" before I wash my hair. Seems to be working as my hair's at my butt. Laughing

Age 22 - Dry sensitive skin, acne prone with pre rosacea. My HG Products: Emu Oil, Green Cream, Hyaluronic Acid, Neutrogena sunblock with helioplex, Everyday Minerals, and a healthy low carb diet. My Blog: Knowing Shopper - Makeup tips, reviews, and deals for people with sensitive skin - http://www.knowingshopper.com
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Bira, the one I buy is by Country Life. I am loyal to Iherb because of the extremely subsidised overseas shipping. I got a huge heavy package in 4 days, sent by DHL, all for $12. Also they have never once messed up an order.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
'Chrome Dome"?

Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Kayanl-- how long have you been using the "Chrome Dome" stuff??

And I know that my hair wont grow 4 inches over night or even in a month or two, I just wanna know what will help the process a little. My hair if super brittle and I am afraid to trim it cuz it never seems to grow back... it just breaks off :cry:
kayanl
5% products discount

Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using it for a few years now. I basically dilute about 20 drops in a bottle of jojoba and use it as a scalp massage. My hair definitely sheds less when I use it and seems to grow faster.

There was a post on the long hair community forums a few years back where one woman used it on her husband (who was bald) and he started growing little baby hairs after years of being bald.

Age 22 - Dry sensitive skin, acne prone with pre rosacea. My HG Products: Emu Oil, Green Cream, Hyaluronic Acid, Neutrogena sunblock with helioplex, Everyday Minerals, and a healthy low carb diet. My Blog: Knowing Shopper - Makeup tips, reviews, and deals for people with sensitive skin - http://www.knowingshopper.com
Aviano
5% products discount

Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
No advice on supplements, but you might want to look into teaching yourself how to roller-set your hair. It's apparently the best method for keeping relaxed hair healthy and helping it to grow longer. You can google "roller set + black hair" to get a ton of advice and instructional videos.

I've had a few roller-sets in the past, and I've absolutely loved them. I used to go to a long hair-care salon, and that's the only way they would set our hair there. If it wasn't for the fact that I exercise 5 days a week and sweat so much I have to shampoo daily, I'd roller-set my hair exclusively.
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have any good advice. To me, nutrition is something important to hair care. Sesame and nuts are good food for hair care.
kirstybn

Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I heard Hairtopia vitamins are good for hair. Also I switched to sulfate free shampoo!!! Wear your hair in a loose braid at night and buy a satin pillow case. Very Happy

Any one had any luck?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |