Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help for Airplane dehydration
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
vzeider
5% products discount

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Am about to embark on a 18 hour journey from Los Angeles to Sweden and I need a moisturizer/hydrator for sensitive/flushed skin!! I have tried many things. Spritzers, serums,water-drinking,vaseline,creme de la mer,no alcohol,alcohol you name it. Anything from $5 to $200 have been on my face and I always go through customs with dry,red and itchy skin? Don't tell me to use Clinique, Lancome or ANY of those brands cause it will result in absolute disaster...
j0g6345
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm, creme de la mer works for me. I can't think of anything better now. If you find something, please let us know.

Thanks

Jasmine
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
i frequently fly back and forth between los angeles and paris and have been searching for the same thing.... what i am planning to do the next time is to use a nice hydrating oil (Weleda Rose Oil capsules -- works really nice for calming flushed, sensitive skin) with Osea Advanced Protection Cream on top. APC kind of creates a film that keeps the moisture in, but protects you from outside irritants (like the dry recycled air on a plane).

i was out shopping with a friend and had a very bad allergic reaction where my skin turned beet red where an MUA had applied a wrinkle reducer to my 11's. my friend whipped out her Osea Eyes and Lips Cream and the redness went away within minutes.

whilst i liked the small sample i had tried of the Osea, i am totally convinced that this is a must have product now -- nothing has ever worked so quickly or elegantly to calm my skin. the Eyes and Lips would be great to carry with you on the plane as well. and i think they have a mist (but i haven't tried that yet). they do have travel pack specials so you can check it out and see if you like it:

http://www.oseaskin.com
vzeider
5% products discount

Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
I like the idea of the Weleda Rose Oil Capsules. Whatabout maybe using something like Decleors Rose D'orient Night Balm or similar on top?
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
vzeider wrote:
I like the idea of the Weleda Rose Oil Capsules. Whatabout maybe using something like Decleors Rose D'orient Night Balm or similar on top?

i've found that when i've tried to wear balms like that when i am out and about, they just get all greasy and uncomfortable (and some of them can actually be drying). plus, it won't help seal the Weleda in. however, if you don't mind doing multiple applications whilst on the plane and you're more comfortable with the balm, go for it. i just don't like futzing with my face (i try to sleep as much as i can) on the plane.
j0g6345
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose, rose oil and ocea sound nice. Thanks for the info. I am checking out these products. Smile
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
ok, i am the gal who gave la vie en rose the eyes and lips, and i am testament to the fact that it calmed her skin in under five minutes! i am also the gal who has used osea faithfully for, let me see, the last 10 years? i am also the gal who has all of my friends and former roommates addicted to it. who knows if it will ever catch on beyond that?
i also use the weleda rose oil caps underneath the osea advanced protection cream, but you can use whatever oil feels nice to you.
the best thing about this 'mix' is that the apc mattifies the skin no matter what, so if you like looking like a peeled grape whilst flying for 18 hours, that's fine, but if not: i would recommend apc over a hydrating oil, since it serves its purpose and will keep you looking elegant!

also, demand LOTS of water during your trip. I used to bring two large and full bottles, but that is no longer feasible.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Don't use any sort of spritzer for a start, that only makes your skin even more dehydrated with the air conditioning.

I always take off all my makeup with a facial wipe and slather on loads of Decleor moisturiser, I take the samples, they're great for travelling and they have one for sensitive skin. Reapply as often as you can and your skin should survive.
vzeider
5% products discount

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
The Rose Oil, is that the " Wild Rose Intesive Facial Oil?"
vzeider
5% products discount

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
One more thing! Why does my skin feel DRIER after having used La Roche Posay Thermal Water?
I'm confused..
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
awww, i feel so happy and warm and fuzzy inside! I've actually not ever done a search on my favorite cream, but look at the other raves i came up with**

http://www.purezing.com/body/body_face_moisturizers_OS_advanced.htm

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=60405/Skincare_-_Face/Osea/Advanced_Protection_Cream/

http://www.aolstyleblog.com/2006/12/29/local-hotlist/

http://www.shoppowderroom.com/osea.html

--avalange

**there is one that is not so much a rave, but that is because it does indeed soak into the skin, so those who want a tangibly emollient look and feel to their skin might not like it--when i was younger i did not realize its virtues to their full extent either)

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
vzeider wrote:

hmmm, not sure: my box (which I bought in france) says "perles vitalite intensea la rose mosquee.) If it says that it is in capsule form, then that's it. It is one of, no maybe THE best oil I've ever used on my skin! I've been breaking out from pure rosehip oil lately, and although that is the first ingredient, the other ingredients must be working synergistically with the rosehip because when i only use the weleda, my skin's just a dream!

also, re: the mineral water spritz--you need to mix it with an oil or a cream in order for it not to dry you out. water is notoriously drying on its own! anything with algae or flax gel in it will create a barrier on the skin that can be 'reactivated,' or, if you will, 'remoisturized' with the aid of a spritzer if you are traveling(osea's creams and living nature's flax gels are the best i've found; alternatively, seakelp bioferment will also do the trick). i use the spritzers to wash my face, and massage in oils while the skin is still moist. hth~

--avalange

la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
vzeider wrote:

yes, it is (i had to look that up). it's 30 individual capsules in a little jar.
ETA: i'm in france as well so i needed to check an english speaking website. and, wow, i can't believe rosehip is the first ingredient! this normally breaks me out too....
vzeider
5% products discount

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Ok. I'll start by checking out the oil. I know it can be purhased over the web but I dont have time. Any store locations? CVS,LONGS DRUGS,TRADER JOES etc?
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
i can't believe rosehip is the first ingredient! this normally breaks me out too....

yup, isn't that crazy? my skin loves the weleda BEST, and hates pure, neat rosehip seed oil WORST. go figure!

--avalange

la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
vzeider wrote:
Ok. I'll start by checking out the oil. I know it can be purhased over the web but I dont have time. Any store locations? CVS,LONGS DRUGS,TRADER JOES etc?

you're better off looking at Whole Foods, Palmetto, or Fred Segals (you can always ring them up first).
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
avalange,
where is the best place online to get osea? you've convinced me.

5% products discount

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Aubrey Rose Hip Seed Oil??
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
waffle,

So avalange got you too? Laughing I am looking on the osea website, they have travel sets available. Don't know where else to get samples?

5% products discount

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
it looks like I am out of luck! they don't sell the weleda Facial Oil in usa anymore!!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
vzeider wrote:
it looks like I am out of luck! they don't sell the weleda Facial Oil in usa anymore!!

WHATTTTTT????? are you sure? i won't be able to live without it when i move back to the us!!!!!
noooooo!!!!!!

c'est vrai?????

--avalange

mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
avalange,

waffle,

Are you in the US? I just emailed osea's customer service since their online questionnaire doesn't work. I described my skin problems and they are sending me free samples. Woohoo!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
http://usa.weleda.com/details/?id=9716

actually it gives a # you can call--not sure if they will just tell you 'no,' though. but it is on their us site.
www.oseaskin.com is osea--also not sure if this is the best prices, it is just where i get mine from. i get a discount on it, since i'm such a longtime user, and they really are very nice and rewarding of their dedicated customers.

you can also buy it at:
http://www.ronrobinsoninc.com/apothia/hotbox.php

i used to work here ages ago, this is where the line was first launched in the us--i was there for the product launch and have used it ever since! it is also the ONLY skincare line that has consistently been sold at fred segal for the last 10 yrs. i am even more happy to plug it because i love using and recommending 'one-woman shows'--julie hewitt, iq, osea, living nature, carekate, candessence, and also now i am discovering ifeelpretty and epidermix--i'd MUCH rather support these fledgling small businesses than large commercial companies! the ladies behind all of these fantastic lines deserve our business. if i forgot anyone in my over-caffeinated fatigue, perhaps it's cause for another thread altogether.

--avalange

waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
waffle wrote:
avalange,

waffle,

Are you in the US? I just emailed osea's customer service since their online questionnaire doesn't work. I described my skin problems and they are sending me free samples. Woohoo!

sweet, thanks!! I don't want to drop a million dollars on it until I'm sure it doesn't break me out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
waffle wrote:
avalange,

waffle,

definitely get samples of the cleansing milk, cleansing mud (just used this for the first time in years, since i got a tiny travel size with my recent order, and my pores have gotten bigger with age and this has been the ONLY product that has visibly reduced them--amazing, yay!) and the white algae mask, too!

--avalange

System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |