Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Study: LED Light And Green Tea Cream Smooth Facial Wrinkles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask if anyone use green/white tea without LED's ? I have a Baby Quasar, but feel it disperses my fillers too much - so just wondered if there were benefits using the tea as part of regular skincare ?

many thanks

Jackie xx
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask if anyone use green/white tea without LED's ? I have a Baby Quasar, but feel it disperses my fillers too much - so just wondered if there were benefits using the tea as part of regular skincare ?

Green Tea is a common ingredient in anti-aging creams because of its anti-oxidant properties. You can also use it as a toner. I make a DIY serum using Green Tea Extract.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Keliu, could you post your recipe? I would like to try it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Keliu, could you post your recipe? I would like to try it.

Green Tea Serum (pH 4)

3 tsp Distilled water
¼ tsp. EGCG - (2.5%) Green Tea extract
1 tspn Hyaluronic Acid
.3 ml Optiphen Plus - (1%) Preservative
3 ml DMI - (10%) Penetration enhancer

Mix all ingredients together then top up with more water to make 30ml.

This is a copy of the Garden of Wisdom serum - but I added in a penetration enhancer. Don't know if this is really necessary - leave it out if you want.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi all, I have a question after following this thread for a while. I just brew green tea in a very small amount of water and put the 2 0z or so in a leftover brown serum bottle in the fridge. When it's time for a treatment I just apply the green tea all over my face and let it soak in. It feels kind of dry and tight, then I just proceed with the AALS. I've seen so many methods, including one with the cotton pads soaked in tea and put on the face for 20 minutes. Is there a benefit to this type of application? I make my tea fresh a couple times a week. It's so cheap, why not? I'm just trying to understand the reason for the complicated application methods I'm reading about and make sure I'm not missing something? Thanks for the tips, LD
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:04 am      Reply with quote
LD, there was a post a while back, (I'm not sure what page) suggesting that the green tea needed to actually be on the face for 20 minutes. Not, applied to the face and left to dry for 20 minutes. That's why Toby suggested leaving the cotton on the face. JJ, puts hers in a spray bottle and spritzes her face every five minutes for 20 minutes to keep the green tea moist on her face. I have tried JJ's method and like it. Toby's method looks good too. HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, i guess I have been doing it way wrong for a while now. I just put plenty on and let it dry for about 20 minutes. So if I continue to apply using one of these methods for 20 minutes how long do I wait for it to dry before starting with the light? TIA LD
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
LD, there was a post a while back, (I'm not sure what page) suggesting that the green tea needed to actually be on the face for 20 minutes. Not, applied to the face and left to dry for 20 minutes. That's why Toby suggested leaving the cotton on the face. JJ, puts hers in a spray bottle and spritzes her face every five minutes for 20 minutes to keep the green tea moist on her face. I have tried JJ's method and like it. Toby's method looks good too. HTH

Oh not, I've been doing it wrong this whole time Shock I sprayed it on once and started the AALS 20 minutes later. I didn't realize you had to keep it on for 20 Rolling Eyes Thanks for bringing that to our attention, Tonia!Smile
LD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Ok, so this am I am trying to reapply every five minutes for about 20 minutes. i don't have cotton pads so just doing my best. I just keeep adding more tea every five minutes and letting it dry. Is there an advantage to having the tea on wet cotton pads for the whole 20 minutes? Again, is there a waiting time for the tea to soak in after this 20 minutes of reapplication? I've got alot of tea on my face and it feels very dry and tight. Is this what I am supposed to feel? LD
LD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:36 am      Reply with quote
Also have a local high end Derm in the St. Louis area that came up with her own skin care product, it includes lactic acid and green tea extract. The product is called Azfasst, you can google and get the entire ingred.list. It sounds really good to me and the price for a 4 month supply is only 19.95! I have seen tons of reviews and it sounds like it would cover alot of the isssues we are trying to fix. Just wondering if anything in it wouldn't work with the AALS as a pretreat? LD
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:08 am      Reply with quote
LD wrote:
Also have a local high end Derm in the St. Louis area that came up with her own skin care product, it includes lactic acid and green tea extract. The product is called Azfasst, you can google and get the entire ingred.list. It sounds really good to me and the price for a 4 month supply is only 19.95! I have seen tons of reviews and it sounds like it would cover alot of the isssues we are trying to fix. Just wondering if anything in it wouldn't work with the AALS as a pretreat? LD

Just took a look at this product and the before and after shot of the woman is amazing. The information keeps talking about it being good for oily skin, what if you don't have oily skin?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:00 am      Reply with quote
TOBY, so glad you saw this. I talked with the Dr's office mgr. yesterday. She is 52 and totally understood the issues I was trying to describe. We had a good laugh. i really thought she was being sincere. I told her about my retin a use and she got it. That was one of the reasons the Doc developed this product, no dryness!! The gal said all their clients were loving the product especially since they were seeing great results for such a low price. Even though St. Louis is in the MidWest, Podunct, compared with some other areas we have a very wealthy educated product savvy population as far as Cos. Med. Derms go, so I am willing to take a chance for this low price. I also have a 17 year old daughter who could use a boost with her skin care so this product may do double duty without breaking the bank. Trying to get some samples in the mail now but if not I will go to the office and pick them up. LD
LD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Toby, got your PM and responded, I think? Still Pretty new at this!lol The rep assured me it was for all skin types not just oily. It had the added benefit for acne prone skin but was not created for that specific purpose. Hope Kassy takes a look at this for a cheap easy pre treat to LED. Early days here and have had more questions than answers so just hoping to contribute something that might turn out to be great!! LD
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:23 am      Reply with quote
LD that product looks great! Thanks for pointing it out. (St. Louis is hardly podunk in my estimation -- but then, I'm from Kansas City!)

I think with this product you would still want to do the cotton pad soak/constant spritzing if you used with LEDs though?
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
I think with this product you would still want to do the cotton pad soak/constant spritzing if you used with LEDs though?

Hermosa, you wouldn't want to keep this on the face for the same length of time as the green tea by itself since it has the acids in it. Just my opinion, but it might be too irritating.

This looks like a good combination. Great for that dr to put it all together. An AHA combined w/ a BHA has been done before, but the addition of green tea is probably pretty good. Skin Biology also has an acid that's a combo of lactic and salicylic acids - their Lacsal Cream or Serum. No green tea in it, but it does have aloe vera and Vit E and it's pH is gentle enuf (3.2) to use every day without irritation.

I wonder what the pH of the Azfasst is? If it is low, then I definitely would not continue to spritz. If it is in the 3.0 range, it *might* be OK to do that tho, but because of the acids, I still wouldn't recommend it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Some of you have not been able to see the before and after shots from the Azfasst site and they are here
http://www.azfasst.com/skin-care-products.php

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby. Anyone going to give this a try.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Thanks Toby. Anyone going to give this a try.
I would be interested to know what benefits it is to someone that tolerates retin-a well. Is it a substitute for retin-a for those that have too much of a reaction to retin-a???I think I will call or email to find out. I am one of the lucky ones that has never peeled or turned red with using retin-a .1 but there are a multitude that would probably kill for a product to produce results without the irritation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I would be interested to know what benefits it is to someone that tolerates retin-a well. Is it a substitute for retin-a for those that have too much of a reaction to retin-a???I think I will call or email to find out. I am one of the lucky ones that has never peeled or turned red with using retin-a .1 but there are a multitude that would probably kill for a product to produce results without the irritation.

Toby, if you call and/or email, can you ask them the % of AHA/BHA in the product? I am curious what percents of each are used, and I didn't see that in the FAQ's. (It sounds like it would be drying to me with both of the acids in the product and the recommendation to use it twice a day?)
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Toby wrote:

Toby, if you call and/or email, can you ask them the % of AHA/BHA in the product? I am curious what percents of each are used, and I didn't see that in the FAQ's. (It sounds like it would be drying to me with both of the acids in the product and the recommendation to use it twice a day?)
I will check it out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
To me there doesn't seem anything ground-breaking in this cream. As somebody else pointed out, AHA/BHA are combined in Lacsal from Skinbiology (8.5% lactic acid and 1.5% salicylic acid at pH 3.5), plus the benefits of these types of acids is already well-known. I'm presuming that if you're already using Retin-A and tolerate it well, this cream would be over-kill.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
LD, I don't think JJ let's her skin dry before using the LED. I may be wrong about that. I let mine dry to the touch only. So, apply the green tea every five minutes for 20 minutes. The last time I apply it, I'll go get out the LED. By the time I get the thing out, plugged in and get myself situated, my skin is dry to the touch.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
LD, I just saw your other post about your skin feeling dry when you reapply the green tea every five minutes. Mine feels terribly dry when I do that too. That's why I was thinking about trying Toby's method.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Just remember it's important not to apply the LED to a wet face, simply for safety reasons.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
I use a pre LED recipe Kassy gave a while back and let that sink in for about 15 -20 mintutes or so and then spritz tea concoction on, pat it in lightly and then use the light - I would say my skin is slightly dampish at that point. My spray is a light mist. Back to read the finer points of this thread. I need to get up to speed.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |