Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Miracle for Clogged Pores
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
lgstacey

Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Oh My Gosh. I'm 50 and have been suffering from clogged pores all my life. Someone told me about trying the deep oil cleanse (you can google how to actually do the cleanse). I bought Dessert Jojoba oil. I use a little castor oil and a little jojoba oil. I massage in for 2-3 minutes and then steam my face several times with a warm washcloth. Last time, I gently scrub and that's it. I wake up in the morning with cleaned out pores. I just rinse with water and go. This is FREAKIN crazy but it has been a miracle to me. My skin is better than ever!!!!! Ignore the fact you are plastering your skin with oil. That itself freaks you out after a life of oily skin, acne, and clogged pores. The oil dissolves the oil in your pores.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thats good, but how do you see that your pores are clean??? I have big pores, but I don't see anything but "holes". Do you think any oil will do to dissolve the oil plugs?
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:45 am      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
Thats good, but how do you see that your pores are clean??? I have big pores, but I don't see anything but "holes". Do you think any oil will do to dissolve the oil plugs?

I have the same question. I have enlarged pores on my forehead, nose and cheeks. Very oily skin after a day in front of the computer...it scares me to add more oil to my skin..

Sara, 36 Swedish. Brunette, brown eyes. Fair sensitive reactive skin, no wrinkles(yet), enlarged pores, some broken caps and get easily sunspots. Oily but dry skin. Ten months with Tretionin 0,025% gel PM, Vita C AM - SC Phloratin and Freulic. Use DeCleor and Dr H right now.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
A clogged pore has a little black dot in the center. Well, at least, that's how I know when mine are clogged. When my pores are clogged, I can look at my skin in a 10x mirror and see hundreds of little black dots. It's pretty disgusting really. When they are clear, I may still have enlarged pores but they don't have the nasty black dots in the center.
OK, I feel I've done my public service for the day. I have just described the nasty gunk in my pores. Laughing Icky!!!

5% products discount

Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:19 am      Reply with quote
Clogged pores will be helped by the chemical exfoliants AHAs and BHAs. I personally would recommend the Jan Marini Bioglycolic cleanser used twice a day. Cleansing is usually part of a standard daily ritual anyway so no extra steps required. It does pay to leave the cleanser on for a few minutes though before rinsing off with water. I don't know that you can actually ever shrink enlarged pores but you have a better chance if they're not excessively filled with sebum and dirt.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:16 am      Reply with quote
Cleansing the skin with oil is known as the Oil Cleansing Method or OCM and it's extremely popular - there's about a gazillion posts on it on this Forum.

For more information, see this website:

http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

5% products discount

Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:02 am      Reply with quote
I use Modern Friction by Origins. It works! Smile
SKYDAGZ
5% products discount

Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:43 am      Reply with quote
I would to ask who refered you to try this, and does it remove all blackheads?
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
i got this based on recommendations of mua and eds.. and i had horrible experience with it i got whitheads all over the place with this one and i never get them. tossed immediatly
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Only thing that ever worked brilliantly for my blackheads is proactiv renewal lotion, I only just use this on my nose and slightly to the sides. Not even OCM worked great for me as far as blackheads goes.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
A huge second to Kelilu's advice! One thread that starts in 2005 up to the present is here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=7077&start=0

It is a lot of reading, but a great amount of information. It really helps to learn about this method of cleansing the skin!

HTH
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have used the oil cleanse many times,but about three weeks ago started using Skinvac cleaning cloths and they are doing a great job,no more white or blackheads.All I use it warm water with the cloth,that simple,I love these micro cloth,by the way they made one just for blackheads.Each cloth last 200 washes.
vassbeaute
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:20 am      Reply with quote
i dont know about that Igstacey, i find that heavy oils will worsen blocked pores. Thats why Decleor is no good for me,im glad that it works for you.
Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:00 am      Reply with quote
OCM works great for a lot of people myself included! My son who had terrible acne issues swears by it for quite a few years now, yes he had to stick it out as for some it gets worse before getting better. That is why they tell you there can be a purging stage!

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Oils can be great! Thats awesome you found a combo that works for you.
Be careful with the steaming if your prone to broken capillaries.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
ive read good things about using coconut oil to wash the face with. anyone try? does it help with black/white heads just as well?
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
this OCM sounds like a good method to use during the winter. very nice! and no chemicals. i wonder is the castor oil that is the active ingredient to remove the blackheads? or is it the massage action?

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
this OCM sounds like a good method to use during the winter. very nice! and no chemicals. i wonder is the castor oil that is the active ingredient to remove the blackheads? or is it the massage action?

Castor oil is known to have a purging effect on the skin. The massaging helps to loosen up the debris.

BTW, OCM is perfect all year round, not just winter.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
llina wrote:

Castor oil is known to have a purging effect on the skin. The massaging helps to loosen up the debris.

BTW, OCM is perfect all year round, not just winter.

Agree!
I use the method all year long!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:19 am      Reply with quote
OCM OIL BLEND FOR OILY SKIN ONLY

1 oz. Jojoba (or your favorite carrier oil
mix)
3 drops ylang ylang oil
2 drops lemon oil
2 drops rosewood oil
1 drop clary sage oil
1 drop geranium oil

Place carrier oil mix or Jojoba oil in clean dark container add the essential oils, blend gently by turning bottle upside time repeatedly or roll gently between the hands to blend well.
Apply a few drops (add if needed) massage as per OCM ussage clean off with hot wash cloth.
This blend may be used as a leave on oil blend as well just apply 1-2 drops 2 times a day after cleassing & toning pat into skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Great for OCM DRY SKIN ONLY

1 oz. jojoba oil (or your fave carrier oil)
2 drops myrrh oil
2 drops sandelwood oil
1 drop benzoin rezin
1 drop fennel oil
1 drop frankincense oil

mix in clean container, massage into skin gently wipe off with very warm cloth.....basic OCM method just be gentle, follow with the dry skin oil, I like to use them over still damp skin and rub into the skin well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
OCM OIL BLEND NORMAL SKIN

1 oz. Jojoba oil (or oil blend of choice)
3 drops neroli oil
2 drops rose oil
2 drops sandlewood oil

Place oil in clean dark bottle and add the essential oils. Blend gently either turn upside down severl times slowly or roll between the hands to mix.
Use for your regular OCM cleansing, clean off with a hot wash cloth.

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:23 am      Reply with quote
that's great. I will try the jojoba/castor method. I used peels and micro. and all the products I use on my skin have salycilic and I use nthe lacsalicylic from skin biology but still have large black heads. they are a little smaller but still all over my t-zone.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:55 am      Reply with quote
For those in doubt about oil dissolving oil:

http://thebeautybrains.com/2008/03/15/makeup-removers-does-oil-cleansing-really-work/

HTH
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:30 am      Reply with quote
good posts,and which online shop accessible for castor and other oils ? tks
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |