Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Ingredients to combat gray hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Just read this article about how the excess of production of H2O2 has an effect on hair bleaching itself
(don't miss the comments):

Aging Cells Make Hydrogen Peroxide That Grays Hair
http://www.futurepundit.com/archives/005991.html
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I think this is the article that the skinactives product is based on, Zenity. Maybe someone will try it and report back. As far as the comments, were you talking about the one where the person said that they didn't have gray hair because of plums and l-glutathione?
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:43 am      Reply with quote
Yes! that got my attention.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:40 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Found ormus in colloidal copper suspension, BUT! is not ormus from copper . Cheaper than te previous:

https://www.tibetangold.com/ssl/zc/index.php?main_page=product_info%26products_id=36%26zenid=6425279bb525eac9067211a74528f8fa

I finally got around to ordering this, Zenity. I plan to discontinue the BSM while I try this out.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Wow! Skippie keep me posted on what you notice, 'cause ormus is a lot more than just getting your hair back to its color... Really.
Did you get informed about it? (I feel silly asking this question to you... 'cause you have probably done your homework, but on the other side I feel a bit responsable for introducing ormus here.)
I hope you like it and works for you! Wink
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I plan to be very, very careful with this, I promise, Zenity, and will definitely discontinue if I notice anything weird going on.
jedder
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have spent some time researching this subject as it is one of my afflictions! I think light therapy could be useful in preventing more grey hair and also repigmenting some already grey hair.
Low level laser therapy is used by some men to grow back their hair - a number of men using this for a few months reported that grey hairs had actually turned their natural colour again. Clinical studies on LLLT show that the lasers increase catalase. Catalase breaks down hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide has been shown to cause grey hair..... so lasers seem to make sense to me.
I have also looked into the skin disease vitiligo. Vitiligo is caused by an excess of hydrogen peroxide in the skin.... resulting in lack of skin pigment - white patches on the skin. The most successful treatment for this disease is using a UVB lamp a few times a week for about 15 mins at a time. The UVB rays stimulate melanin production in the skin and can repigment the white patches. In theory, wouldnt it also stimulate melanin production in the hair follicle?
jedder
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
The best results for vitiligo has been when UVB lamps have been used while also applying a catalase cream to the skin. There is only one catalase cream proven to reduce hydrogen peroxide. It is called pseudo catalase cream available from the doctor who invented it, prescription only.
I wanted to get the cream and try it out with my LLLT device, but never received a reply from the doc!
However, i do plan to use the LLLT lasers that i have to see if they make any difference over the next few months.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Jedder,

That makes me think on a patent pendind process involving some topicals to, somehow, produce such an induced release of melanin over the scalp.(Though this point is not that clera to me... I am not sure if is the real melanin thing or an effect similar of what you get with self tanning lotions) The proccess is quite simple and I have been meaning to test it on myself few times but got lazy, and, suspicios... if it was so good, how is that is not marketed yet????
The Dr. who discovered this claim that his hair did not turn grey since using this.... Really??? Same question arises, how is that is not at the market?
I am always arguing between the "believer" in my and the "skeptical" one Very Happy

Since the beggining of this thread I want to do it as now I have the topicals I need, but I don't find the moment. I guess I should give it a try and report back.

Good findings BTW.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:42 am      Reply with quote
jedder wrote:
The best results for vitiligo has been when UVB lamps have been used while also applying a catalase cream to the skin. There is only one catalase cream proven to reduce hydrogen peroxide. It is called pseudo catalase cream available from the doctor who invented it, prescription only.
I wanted to get the cream and try it out with my LLLT device, but never received a reply from the doc!
However, i do plan to use the LLLT lasers that i have to see if they make any difference over the next few months.

So from what I'm seeing, you have to use the cream in conjuction with the UVB lamp in order to get results. Is that correct? I notice the UVB lamps offered through the pseudocatalase site are sold by prescription only in the U.S.

Zenity, are you planning to make a DIY version of the pseudocatalase cream? I saw this on the patent and wondered if that's where you're getting your ingredients:

Quote:
a composition of manganous chloride (380mg), a solution of sodium bicarbonate (2.3 g) in purified water (3.0 ml), and Neribas (100 g). Neribas is a well-known cream vehicle which contains Macrogol stearate 2000; stearyl alcohol; liquid paraffin; white soft paraffin; polyacrylic acid; sodium hydroxide; disodium EDTA (i.e. ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid disodium salt); methyl and propyl paraben (i.e. 4-hydroxybenzoic acid methyl and propyl esters); and water. The EDTA is present in the cream base for the conventional purposes of removing trace elements which can catalyse autoxidation of oxygen sensitive excipients and boosting the antimicrobial activity of preservatives (eg parabens).
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Also, if you want a very interesting read on how to reverse gray hair, see this forum:

http://forum.lef.org/default.aspx?f=35%26p=001%26m=22853

It's 50+ pages, but they've tried everything under the sun. And there are some people who've done their research and have some solid ideas about how to reverse gray hair.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Nope Skippie, what I am referring to has nothing to do with the catalese... Nor with a DIY. I have found the topicals I need to just apply without much trouble. I plan on starting next week.

I know the life extension forum I have been reading that for a while... Your right is worth to take a look.

FYI: In my research I found patent pending formulas related to Bimatoprost, (the active in Lumigan) found to get darker hair while applied topically. But listening the side effects people is reporting by using it only at the lashes line Who dares to put that stuff over the whole scalp?
Not me for sure!
jedder
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Skippie,
The best results from vitiligo have come from using UVB lamps with the pseudocatalase cream. However, i think UVB lamps have had some success on their own.
Its a strange situation really - chronic uvb exposure from the sun has been linked to causing grey hair. I think it must be a dose dependant thing.... obviously uvb has some harmful effects if abused, but i would have thought 15 mins a few times a week would be ok. I read a study that found that uvb rays caused hydrogen peroxide in the skin to rise, but an 'over expression' of catalase followed, presumably to destroy the excess hydrogen peroxide.
I think i have seen UVB lamps commercially available for a few hundred pounds.
There are some catalase creams commercially available too, but the inventor of the pseudo catalase cream shows evidence that one cream called vitix(i think) cannot penetrate the skin because it is the natural form of catalase.
Steffita
5% products discount

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Is there a difference between the ordinary mineral copper supplement and ormus copper in regards to hair color

I also read that high copper intake darkens non grey light hair but darkening grey hair is harder? As i have light hair that isn't grey yet, it might be good for darkening
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Steffita, yes there is a difference.
You should investigate more about ormus before considering it.

http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/index.htm
Steffita
5% products discount

Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I don't understand much of it. But for the hair darkening, is it better or different than just swallowing a copper supplement. Where do you order it? After how much time do u see results?
I do believe in the hair darkening, but teeth growing back, that sounds too good to be true.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the SkinActives product since it came out (several months) and I believe that it does work some. I am getting grey around the temples (light brown hair now was more auburn when I was young). I haven't dyed my hair over this period and some of the roots do look darker to me. May be wishful thinking but maybe not.
Steffita
5% products discount

Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
could you tell me more about that product and its potency to darken hair? Does it also darken lighter hair like red or blonde?
neondaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Zenity, this Ormus stuff looks really interesting. I haven't gone through all the material yet but I'm totally intrigued and trying to understand it all. I love this kind of stuff.

My thyroid doesn't function too well, and I'm low in the B's. So copper is probably the answer for me.
I have Chronic Fatigue and took a test last year that showed that my system is full of Hydrogen Peroxide too. Not good.
A Chinese Medical Practitioner looked at my hair recently and kept shaking his head and saying 'too young for so much gray hair'.
I'm aging rapidly over here it seems!

Skippie wrote:
Quote:
Found ormus in colloidal copper suspension, BUT! is not ormus from copper . Cheaper than te previous:

https://www.tibetangold.com/ssl/zc/index.php?main_page=product_info%26products_id=36%26zenid=6425279bb525eac9067211a74528f8fa

I finally got around to ordering this, Zenity. I plan to discontinue the BSM while I try this out.

I tried this link but it didn't take me to the exact product. Skippie / Zenity which Ormus product are you looking at?

And which of the Ormus oil products are you looking at?
http://www.ormusoils.com/ormusoilproducts.html
I tried the link that Zenity put up and it didn't work properly either.

Also, I don't quite understand this:
"Found ormus in colloidal copper suspension, BUT! is not ormus from copper"
Does this mean that you think the products from Tibetan gold won't work as well?
havana8

Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:12 am      Reply with quote
neondaze wrote:
Skippie wrote:
Quote:

I tried this link but it didn't take me to the exact product. Skippie / Zenity which Ormus product are you looking at?

The link should work now. HTHs.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Neondaze,

There is a lot of information at the link below.
All your questions about ormus will find an answer there.
You need to know what is ormus to understand what I said about it above.
Zenity wrote:
Steffita, yes there is a difference.
You should investigate more about ormus before considering it.

http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/index.htm
Steffita
5% products discount

Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:11 am      Reply with quote
There's a lot of information but I really don't find the hair darkening info, can somebody help me?
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Ormus is not intended to be used as a cosmetic.
However, due to its nice effects many people use it for skin issues. I believe the man taking copper ormus found his beard turning back to its color as a side effect. He wasnt't really taking it for that.
Other people have reported similar effects or hair, skin, energy levels,health conditions etc.
I've read about that long time ago before taking ormus myself.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting thread at ageless forums about Zinc & copper balance to reverse greys:

http://louiseannette.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=haircare%26action=display%26thread=748%26page=1

From that thread I copy two interesting links (Thanks to Flicka from here Wink )

http://www.princetonhair.com/new8.htm

About copper toxicity and unbalance:

http://www.drlwilson.com/Articles/copper_toxicity_syndrome.htm
Quote:
COPPER AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE

Copper is required for collagen formation. Copper deficiency is association with atherosclerosis and other cardiovascular conditions. Excess copper or biounavailable copper often causes connective tissue problems, interfering with the disulfide bonds in connective tissue.

Copper and vitamin C. Copper and vitamin C are direct antagonists. This means that they oppose each other in the body. This is one reason many people feel better taking a lot of vitamin C. Copper tends to oxidize and destroy vitamin C in the body. Meanwhile, vitamin C chelates or removes copper from the body. This requires a dose of vitamin C of at least about 500 mg daily, far higher than the minimum daily requirement of about 60 mg. Many readers know that vitamin C is critical for connective tissues. One of the prominent symptoms of scurvy, or vitamin C deficiency, is bleeding, such as bleeding gums. This is due to connective tissue weakness.

Thus, a copper excess can easily lead to a deficiency of vitamin C in the body and with it many symptoms of vitamin C deficiency. Oddly, however, a copper deficiency also causes connective tissue problems, especially in the heart and cardiovascular system where it is associated with a tendency for aneurisms and atherosclerosis.

Symptoms. Symptoms associated with connective tissue and joints include arthritis, osteoporosis, stretch marks and joint problems of other kinds. Others include scoliosis, kyphosis (bad posture) and many of the conditions of the skin, hair and fingernails and toenails. Others are some diseases the muscles, ligaments and tendons.

Among the most common, for example, are hair loss, especially in women, tendonitis, back problems due to muscle weakness and others.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/129377.php

Quote:
Scientists have discovered a way to potentially restore colour to white hair, new research in the British Journal of Dermatology will reveal this month. A number of skin disorders cause the hair to fall out, and when it re-grows, it is often white. For many patients, this is almost as distressing as the initial hair loss.

Melanin, the pigment in skin and hair, is stimulated by a group of peptide hormones collectively known as 'melanocyte stimulating hormone' or MSH.

Researchers in Germany and the UK therefore examined whether a peptide called K(D)PT, which can be synthetically produced in the laboratory and is related to MSH, might have the same pigmentation stimulating effects as the naturally occurring MSH, and whether this could be used to restore colour to white hair after illness.

The team treated normal, isolated hair follicles from six women aged between 46 and 65 with different concentrations of K(D)PT. The research was carried out in the laboratory as it is not yet ready for direct use on patients.

In some of the test groups, the follicles were first treated with 'Interferon type II', commonly known as IFN-y, a proinflammatory stimulus that is linked to certain autoimmune disorders. The purpose of this was to mimic the sort of inflammation that is present in disorders that cause the hair to fall out, including 'alopecia areata', a skin disease that causes hair loss, and 'telogen effluvium', a disorder that causes thinning of the hair, often after an accident, illness or extreme stress on the body.

Hair frequently loses colour after this sort of inflammation, so that when the hair returns, it is often white, regardless of its colour prior to hair loss.

The test groups were either pre-treated with IFN-y then given K(D)PT, pre-treated with K(D)PT then IFN-y, treated with K(D)PT alone, treated with IFN-y alone, or in the case of the control group, treated with distilled water.

The study found that K(D)PT increased the amount of melanin (pigment) in the hair follicle significantly when administered after pre-treatment with IFN-y.

This pre-treatment with a proinflammatory stimulus appeared to be necessary for the pigment effect to occur, as it was absent in the group where K(D)PT was administered first and IFN-y second. Likewise, IFN-y alone inhibited rather than stimulated pigment production, and K(D)PT used alone did not significantly alter the hair pigmentation. It is thought that as yet unknown receptors for K(D)PT are elevated or present only in tissue inflamed by substantial IFN-y activity.

As the purpose of pre-treating with IFN-y was to mimic the sort of inflammatory changes that may contribute to hair turning white, to then see whether K(D)PT could restore the hair colour, these findings are of particular use to the treatment of hair that has turned white following illness.

The study's senior author Dr Ralf Paus, of the University of Lübeck, Germany, and the School of Translational Medicine at the University of Manchester, said: "Since this tripeptide displays interesting hair pigmentation-stimulatory activities under proinflammatory conditions, clinically, K(D)PT deserves to be explored as an innovative new anti-greying agent.

"Specifically, topical application of K(D)PT may become exploitable for the treatment of postinflammatory hair whitening that is often seen during the recovery phase of alopecia areata."

Nina Goad of the British Association of Dermatologists said: "It's important to note that this is laboratory research and not yet ready for use on patients. However, while the research is still at a very early stage, these findings could potentially pave the way for new therapies that restore colour to white hair. At the moment, this research only applies to people whose hair has turned white following illness, but this is an important step for such patients."

At this early preclinical stage, it is not possible to say for definite if it would restore hair to its full, original colour, although this is thought to be a reasonable possibility. However, there may indeed be patients whose hair follicle pigmentary system has been damaged beyond repair, who might not profit at all from such a treatment. Most likely, treatment would have to be re-administered, as long as the pro-inflammatory stimulus that caused hair whitening persists.

It is not possible to say whether the results could also apply to chemotherapy patients, since no chemotherapeutic agent was tested in this currently reported preclinical assays.

Test groups:

1. Pre-treated with IFN-y then given K(D)PT
2. Pre-treated with K(D)PT then IFN-y
3. KDPT alone
4. IFN-y alone
5. Control group - distilled water

The a-melanocyte stimulating hormone-related tripeptide K(D)PT stimulates human hair follicle pigmentation in situ under proinflammatory conditions
K.C. Meyer,T. Brzoska , C. Abels and R. Paus
British Journal of Dermatology - DOI 10.1111/j.1365-2133.2008.08872.x
Click here to view Abstract online.

The British Association of Dermatologists is the central association of practising UK dermatologists. Our aim is to continually improve the treatment and understanding of skin disease.

Wiley-Blackwell was formed in February 2007 as a result of the acquisition of Blackwell Publishing Ltd. by John Wiley & Sons, Inc., and its merger with Wiley's Scientific, Technical, and Medical business. Together, the companies have created a global publishing business with deep strength in every major academic and professional field. Wiley-Blackwell publishes approximately 1,400 scholarly peer-reviewed journals and an extensive collection of books with global appeal. For more information on Wiley-Blackwell, please visit http://www.blackwellpublishing.com or http://interscience.wiley.com.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |