Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Anyone has heard of Bone facial exercise?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
llina wrote:
sorry am i being redundant?

Not redundant at all. It is a good reminder!

Hope the off topic police don't get me, but how are you liking the Nu Skin machine?

that's sweet! you're very nice. thank you. *psstt....some pple here (not this tread, but the forum) are cranky. gotta be careful*

OT police? holy! Very Happy its still kinda on topic. i was just noticing the motions and pressure points were similar. i read the thread 2 twice in a frantic manner, to catch up with everyone so that i would know what they were talking about. meaning, i still have a loose understanding of everything. i.e. i really have no idea what's going on. Very Happy back to point... yes, i'm slowly doing some of the tanaka movements with my hands. btw it feels really good in the deep tissue of my face. then i looked at the addition scrapping massage which from what i understand looks like a light scrapping stimuation of the skin, a deeper almost glide pulling of the skin/muscle, then a gliding motion of the lymphatic drainage to the temples and down the neck, and in another video i saw a woman doing deeper pressure hold and gliding motions with the scrapper. yah, sorry, i know i'm a verbose chick! and thought wow i could do it with the nu skin machine which has little zappy stimulation currents.

but to answer your question, Very Happy , the nu skin is ok. i personally like to sit around and use it because it feels really good. i move it around in a randomness, usually neglecting the instructions. to me it gives my skin a nice, relaxing, soothing massage. but it is not a "wow". however, now with this thread and the tips & vid, i'm going to use it in more focussed manner. (i already contacted the seller to see if she has another one in black, so that i can massage double handed. i think i'm getting carried away! Laughing ) i think i'll make a 2 step regime with tanka's massage and the scrapping with the machine. hmm... so many things to do.

rileygirl: what routine are you doing? how is it going for you? did you do tanaka's massage? feels awesome hey? keep me updated. and it was nice meeting you! *i love meeting super people*

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:43 am      Reply with quote
All,

I tried to massage with massage cream last night in front of a mirror and with the book. This was the first time to doing it properly and correctly, I can see a BIG difference comparing with doing it understand shower with cleansing gel. I have forgotten many important tips and I actually miss one step in the past.

My recommendation is, please do it in front of a mirror, together with your note/book, and massage cream do make a difference.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:48 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Also Critic knowing your knowledge of TCM, what do you think of accupressure etc. Are these gimicks that don't work or are there validity to them. I've just seen a thread entitled TIAN YONG REJUVENATION SYSTEM and the woman who is on that site is supposed to be in her 50's but she could be your older sister!

Never heard of it, I have asked my Chinese staff what is the meaning of "Tian Yong" in Chinese, (Tian Yong is phonics) they discussed for a while and said no idea, perhaps is a brand, like "Beauty of Sky".
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:56 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
All,

I tried to massage with massage cream last night in front of a mirror and with the book. This was the first time to doing it properly and correctly, I can see a BIG difference comparing with doing it understand shower with cleansing gel. I have forgotten many important tips and I actually miss one step in the past.

My recommendation is, please do it in front of a mirror, together with your note/book, and massage cream do make a difference.

It is my practice from the beginning Arrow notes on the sink, plenty of avocado or hemp oil. I tried with cleansing milk, but I don't feel that's OK. I felt a little irritation on skin, so I decide to use oil.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi Critic wave
The Tian Yong Rejuvenation System is something Sean has just started a thread about.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36414

This is the website: http://www.rejuvenationcenters.org/index.html
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:39 am      Reply with quote
neondaze wrote:
Hi Critic wave
The Tian Yong Rejuvenation System is something Sean has just started a thread about.

The link is blocked in China. Does it say any sensitive stuff? Many sites have blocked since Olympics, like facebook, youtube etc.
neondaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:51 am      Reply with quote
Wow!
It doesn't say anything sensitive as far as I can work out. Talks about facial rejuvenation and acu-pressure. I will PM you.
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:56 am      Reply with quote
critic
do you know of other book websites which ship internationally? I want to get the pelvic bone exercise book.

I watched this video and the girl lost a few inches off her butt and thigh with these simple exercises. Dont know who that doctor is though. This video has motivated me to do some exercises. lol.

http://www.56.com/u66/v_MjA0NTQyNDc.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

can I just ask how much pressure you all use when doing the finishing movement in front of the ears and down to the neck ? and also do you keep your fingers flat against the sides of your face as you stroke downwards ?

I was just beginning to wonder if this might drag the skin some and lead to a bit of sagging along the back of the jaw line. I just noticed last night my face looked a little bit flatter near the ears, and my jaw line a bit more pouchy,

thanks

Jackie xx
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:47 am      Reply with quote
Critic its kind of an accupressure site. What do you think of accupressure as its supposed to be part of Chinese medicine?
critic wrote:
neondaze wrote:
Hi Critic wave

The link is blocked in China. Does it say any sensitive stuff? Many sites have blocked since Olympics, like facebook, youtube etc.
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:22 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi everyone,

can I just ask how much pressure you all use when doing the finishing movement in front of the ears and down to the neck ? and also do you keep your fingers flat against the sides of your face as you stroke downwards ?

I was just beginning to wonder if this might drag the skin some and lead to a bit of sagging along the back of the jaw line. I just noticed last night my face looked a little bit flatter near the ears, and my jaw line a bit more pouchy,

thanks

Jackie xx

This movement from ears to collar bone Tanaka describe as "little strong pressure". So I do it with lower pressure than on my face.

I also do that with three fingers ( I saw that one one site where massage was described - try in links in havana's post), not only with the fingertips.

I didn't saw any side effects you are described - I am practicing this for 10 days now and I found out that my jawline is much straighter now. I used Tuo Viso for two months but I had not such a good results with it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:40 am      Reply with quote
thanks mirjana

Jackie xx
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:36 am      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
that's sweet! you're very nice. thank you. *psstt....some pple here (not this tread, but the forum) are cranky. gotta be careful*

OT police? holy! Very Happy its still kinda on topic. i was just noticing the motions and pressure points were similar. i read the thread 2 twice in a frantic manner, to catch up with everyone so that i would know what they were talking about. meaning, i still have a loose understanding of everything. i.e. i really have no idea what's going on. Very Happy back to point... yes, i'm slowly doing some of the tanaka movements with my hands. btw it feels really good in the deep tissue of my face. then i looked at the addition scrapping massage which from what i understand looks like a light scrapping stimuation of the skin, a deeper almost glide pulling of the skin/muscle, then a gliding motion of the lymphatic drainage to the temples and down the neck, and in another video i saw a woman doing deeper pressure hold and gliding motions with the scrapper. yah, sorry, i know i'm a verbose chick! and thought wow i could do it with the nu skin machine which has little zappy stimulation currents.

but to answer your question, Very Happy , the nu skin is ok. i personally like to sit around and use it because it feels really good. i move it around in a randomness, usually neglecting the instructions. to me it gives my skin a nice, relaxing, soothing massage. but it is not a "wow". however, now with this thread and the tips & vid, i'm going to use it in more focussed manner. (i already contacted the seller to see if she has another one in black, so that i can massage double handed. i think i'm getting carried away! Laughing ) i think i'll make a 2 step regime with tanka's massage and the scrapping with the machine. hmm... so many things to do.

rileygirl: what routine are you doing? how is it going for you? did you do tanaka's massage? feels awesome hey? keep me updated. and it was nice meeting you! *i love meeting super people*

Thanks for the info, llina! Nice to meet you, too! I was interested in the Nu Skin machine, but after hearing you don't have a wow, I think I'll hold off a while!

I am trying to be consistent doing the massage, but there are days that I work really late and I forget! So far, when I am consistent what I have noticed is that my forehead lines are almost completely gone after the massage. It has not lasted yet, but it is a good sign I think. Now to just make sure I do it daily! Very Happy
simpleMD
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:57 am      Reply with quote
I have been doing the facial massage for 5 days now and can say things are looking much improved fine lines on the forehead less visible , NL lines and overall facial firmness.Dark circles are less pronounced ?? My imagination ?Dont know but looking better ...
Loving it will not stop this precious routine ....Thanks Critic.

Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
There is a site with directions about how to use a galvanic gadget (it is the UP5) for lymphatic drainage purposes.

Scroll down the page:

http://www.squidoo.com/drs-secret-skincare
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased the pdf file with English translation, and also found it useful.

All in all - even though I do see some very slight improvements, I see none in the chin area or with under eye bags. Hope that it will come in time, and will try to increase the number of repetitions as Critic had suggested.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Zentiy,

this looks ver interesting. I have the UP5, but stopped using it because I didn't like the way my face looked after it. However, if I could use it for lymphatic drainage on the body that would be great. Although it is indicated where the lymph nodes are on the body, I'm not sure how one would use it to encourage drainage,

any ideas?

Jackie xx
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I purchased the pdf file with English translation, and also found it useful.

All in all - even though I do see some very slight improvements, I see none in the chin area or with under eye bags. Hope that it will come in time, and will try to increase the number of repetitions as Critic had suggested.

Sigma,

I am following the instructions from the Russian Forum, I speak & read Russian. I understand that you are also fluent in Russian.

Do you still find the pdf file with English translation useful? I know it is not an expensive item, but I just don’t want to buy something that I really don’t need.

Thank you.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
doba I do not speak Russian or Japanese; I had printed off the English translation of the Russian instructions but decided to also get the English translation. (Holy that is not easy to follow..)
I found I read the English translation of the video and looked at the pictures from the Russian translation when I did the massage for the 1st time last night.
HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Alley,

Thank you very much.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
"I was just beginning to wonder if this might drag the skin some and lead to a bit of sagging along the back of the jaw line. I just noticed last night my face looked a little bit flatter near the ears, and my jaw line a bit more pouchy".

Me, too, Jackie284. I 've been doing the excercises for about 10 days and my flat, flabby, little face looked even flatter to me this morning. I've stopped using FaceMaster which gave me pouches along side my lower lip area. Now, I'm doing these excercises and my pouches are more pronounced Shock What the heck is going on???? Sad Mad

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mars,

that's about the same time i've been doing them for. It doesn't take much for my face to flatten, I don't really get on well with EMS machines and the like and often with the flattening comes a bit of sag.

I wonder if we need to slightly adapt them some way, maybe less pressure or something ? it's so disappointing,

Jackie xx
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:
Also Critic knowing your knowledge of TCM, what do you think of accupressure etc. Are these gimicks that don't work or are there validity to them. I've just seen a thread entitled TIAN YONG REJUVENATION SYSTEM and the woman who is on that site is supposed to be in her 50's but she could be your older sister!

Never heard of it, I have asked my Chinese staff what is the meaning of "Tian Yong" in Chinese, (Tian Yong is phonics) they discussed for a while and said no idea, perhaps is a brand, like "Beauty of Sky".

Tian Yong is her name. She's born and raised in Chongqing. And in the free ebook it said "...Tian Yong is a Grand Master of the ancient Chinese art of rejuvenation...." hmm hmm hmm

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
"I was just beginning to wonder if this might drag the skin some and lead to a bit of sagging along the back of the jaw line. I just noticed last night my face looked a little bit flatter near the ears, and my jaw line a bit more pouchy".

Me, too, Jackie284. I 've been doing the excercises for about 10 days and my flat, flabby, little face looked even flatter to me this morning. I've stopped using FaceMaster which gave me pouches along side my lower lip area. Now, I'm doing these excercises and my pouches are more pronounced Shock What the heck is going on???? Sad Mad

I can't see how it would be possible for the face to become flatter in 10 days - or for the face to wrinkle for that matter. I've been sleeping on the left side of my face for 60 years - and it doesn't appear any more wrinkled or flatter than the right side!

You can all yell at me - but I think that you all look in the mirror and imagine allot of this stuff. I know I'm guilty of that too - but sometimes, I just feel that I'm the only one on this Forum that has their expectations based in reality! And on that note, its back to the massage - and the Vaculifter, and the germanium roller!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Doba,

Check your PM.

I personally prefer to have both - one thing that was not clear to me from the Russian forum that when working on the eyes you have to go all the way to the temple (after going alongside brow bone). Also, it is easier to take a few pages of paper to the bathroom then to do it in front of a laptop.

That being said I still can not get my eye bags to move, they are still with me. And I am still hoping....

HTH

Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |