Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Anyone has heard of Bone facial exercise?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Here in California we have terrific fresh fruit year round (I always buy organic, directly from the farmers, plus we have a half dozen fruit trees in my garden.) So does this mean that people with access to good fruit will have healthier skin than others? Somehow I cannot believe this is the case.

I did a quick search to see if any foods were associated with healthy lymphatic function and found a lot of references to cutting out sugar, eliminate processed food, consuming fresh veggies...the usual. However, I did find a lot of references to using herbs in conjunction with lymph-related massages. I don't think I've seen anything about that on this thread so was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of what kind of herbs might enhance the bone massage techniques.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:54 am      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
Here in California we have terrific fresh fruit year round (I always buy organic, directly from the farmers, plus we have a half dozen fruit trees in my garden.) So does this mean that people with access to good fruit will have healthier skin than others? Somehow I cannot believe this is the case.

I did a quick search to see if any foods were associated with healthy lymphatic function and found a lot of references to cutting out sugar, eliminate processed food, consuming fresh veggies...the usual. However, I did find a lot of references to using herbs in conjunction with lymph-related massages. I don't think I've seen anything about that on this thread so was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of what kind of herbs might enhance the bone massage techniques.

I don't believe eating a lot of fresh fruit will contribute to beautiful skin. But I envy you can grow fruit in your garden.

I did not eat sugar, processed food and eating lots of veggies for many years.

I have another lymph drainage book at home, it's written by a Japanese, I remember it talked about a few herbal tea, but not for massage. It has a chapter to self-check if your lymph system is functioning well or not. Let me check it out tonight.
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:04 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Critic, the one that is most popular here is the platinum germa roller. It costs around US$130. Reviews on the kuchi-komi (word-of-mouth) website - the Japanese Make-Up Alley - are varied and mostly it is women in their late 20s who seem to rave. I would need to see a whole lot of raves from women in their 40s to get me to buy it.
Then again, if I saw it half price somewhere I might get one as I have been pondering over its benefits for some time now

http://jp101870102.trustpass.alibaba.com/product/101313994-100616334/Platinum_Germa_Roller.html

critic wrote:
*mirjana* wrote:
Dillema Question

I am using Tua Viso for 2 months - well it is like face exercise. What about mixing those two techniques.... or to stop with TV so I can see results of massage Question

I am also interested in a little toy that made in Japan for muscle building, anyone has tried it before?
http://canet-co.jp/lineup/

Or, better save the money?

tiger_tim, thanks so much for your info about the germa roller. Btw, could you kindly post the website address for kuchi-komi as I couldn't find it?

critic, check out the following clip showing the before/after results for the gadget. The result for the lady who used it for a year was really impressive!!! Shock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDxDsuPaz5Q
jeanleemarquis
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:19 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:

3. Not sure about the US, but the fruit here seems can keep for a very long time and never get rotten, too strange.

This is too funny! And yet, sadly enough, so true! I've found that fruit does seem to last forever in the refrigerator. You have to wonder...

After traveling to HK last summer, it's kind of shocking to realize how reliant the US diet is on processed foods, compared to the typical Asian diet. While all those boxes of cereal & bags of snacks are certainly there, people just don't seem to take them for granted as a part of the natural food landscape.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:30 am      Reply with quote
Oh Zenity where can one get that dvd- I need that Laughing

Just came across another website full of gadgets:

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/top-5-strangest-japanese-accessories

Critic do you use the Nightingale Droppings etc? I'm really curious about them now (although the idea repulses me!).

Zenity wrote:
Check this out:
Quote:
I bought one of her bestseller books with DVD subtitled, “Return to the face ten years ago.” Following the DVD I tried giving a face massage by myself.

subtitled in english? That would be great!

From the same site:

Quote:
The key of the massage is “Ita-Kimochii,” which means “Sore, but feeling good.”Unlike the most of other facial massage, in Ms Tanaka’s way, you put a lot of pressure on your face.

Text from:
http://blog.shallwewalk.com/?eid=1263191

----------------------------

From another site: http://members.asianbeautyblog.com/entry/Missjestr/46588-Ponds-Cold-Cream.html

Quote:
So this massage requires you to have massage cream, aka cold cream

What do you know about a cold cream???
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:34 am      Reply with quote
I can help here, I think its supposed to be based on the body's natural rhythms, and so you don't eat what the earth doesn't produce in say winter, as it confuses the body. Things like summer fruits, which when consumed in winter when the body is preparing for the cold and hibernation, it gets confused with. I think its based on an old japanese diet call macrobiotics and must admit that when I followed it I lost a load of weight and felt great, but you have to be mega organised.

I think fruits not going rotten is because they are sprayed with chemicals. Again, the chemicals when you eat your body has to deal with.
critic wrote:
I know, I studied nutrition before, but the theory for not eating fruit in winter does make sense to me (just for people living in China):

1. there is actually no fresh fruit during winter, the fruit we see in supermarket have stored or frozen for how long? no one knows?
2. I will only eat organic fruit.
3. Not sure about the US, but the fruit here seems can keep for a very long time and never get rotten, too strange.

P.S. I bought a pack of Sunkist lemon (imported) it has been a month, they still look fresh.
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:45 am      Reply with quote
pleiades wrote:
I've seen both Moonstone's and Critic's pictures, and they are both beautiful women. With all due respect, both ladies could pass for 20's. As the old adage implies, we tend to be our own worse critics (no pun intended, of course:D)

Pleiades, thanks for your kind compliments.
You are definitely one of the most gorgeous ladies I've ever meet here at EDS with eyes to die for! And I'm so glad that Ageless is working very well for you. As for me, I did have great results in the first 6 months. But then things just start to go downhill and I heard many of my friends asking me if I've been losing weights or even getting sick. (My weight is pretty stable, btw) One of my good friend even told me that I started to look like an actress who has a series of bad plastic surgery.
It's hard not to worry or panic after hearing all those comments... Rolling Eyes
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:54 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
I will say my changes is based on:

50% Tanaka massage

30% Foot bath - good night sleep

10% Obagi

10% Diet - and if you know me for long, I actaully take very good care of my diet, e.g. I don't eat white rice, white bread many years, less oil, salt and sugar. Since reading those TMC books, I will go to fresh market to buy seasonable veggies (in the past just bought from supermarket and can't tell if they are seasonable or not). Someone might against this - I have not eaten any fruit for few months. I know your next question about Vit. C - I just don't know. and I have stopped taking any supplement since I read those TCM books.

We are grow-up, just think before you act or copy or learn from each others. Very Happy

how do you do a foot bath? What are the benefits?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone find the ingredients for the Suqqu massage cream? I noticed it says "with HA complex", but I wonder if we had the ingredients maybe we could make a DIY formula?
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:54 am      Reply with quote
The thing I've noticed about fruit that seems to last and last has to do mostly when the fruit was picked. Green (not ripe) fruit tends to last longer, and usually what is sold for export. Food that is ripe, will go bad faster. I'm sure there is a lot to the weird chemicals that can be sprayed on fruits to preserve them. Which is just disgusting! Plus certain fruits and veges will last longer due to their natural properties. The way it's stored will also impact how long it lasts.

We are quite lucky in California. We do have excellent fall and winter foods. Lots of Citrus, and I just picked about 30 pomegranates in our back yard... and we're in the process of growing some lettuces, cabbage, bok choy, onions and garlic. So we move seasonally as well...

I do think the most important thing for our skin, and internal organs is NOT to bombard it with all the weird fake foods... That's nothing but chemicals. And then eating what is fresh in your area. I do believe that lots of fresh fruit is excellent for you skin. The enzymes and fiber for superior digestions (cleanses the body), water for hydration, antioxidants to fight free radicals internally and externally... But, yeah, if you can't get them... then you've got to work with what you've got!

With regard to supplements via food or supplements, and BONE health... Calcium, and D3. (you need the d3 to process calcium properly) You can get your Calcium obviously from dairy sources, but many greens are extremely rich in calcium... D3 comes from the sun, or a supplement... and one might need to supplement depending on where you live...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
I just wanted to say, I was taking shortcuts with the Tanaka (Zogan) massage at first and not doing the 'final reception' down to the collarbones on any of the exercises. Within a week, I had spots along the sides of my face.

I've been doing the massage properly for the last 3 weeks and no spots!!

The massage must be doing something to have this sort of effect on the skin.

I've now been doing the massage movements correctly but in three days I've developed 10 spots around my mouth area (under nose, upper lip & chin.) This is very, very rare for me (even when my period is due, which it isn't).

Has anyone else experienced this?

I realised yesterday that the massage should not be done without having cleansed the skin first (previously in the evenings I was massaging with my cleansing oil) but surely if this was the culprit, I'd have spots on other areas as well?

Any ideas?
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Hermosa,
I have been on EDS for two years,done facial exercises for two years, used the LED lights,the Stop device among other things Laughing I am 54, have thick skin...HAD a round face with big full cheeks in my youth. I am very petite with no extra fat...which usually the extra fat is helpful for the face. This massage is working beautifully for me. I am seeing lift and contour. I was looking at my face yesterday and thinking I love the shape of my face now much better than when I was in my twenties. I have an olive type skin tone and am more prone to sag than wrinkling. I am seeing lift and contour. I do this massage along with my facial exercises and I use oil with the massage. My face has made a 100% improvement with all the help from the members here and from other forums. I must say that this massage ranks up there at the top of my list for one of the most effective things I have done....but I am building upon 2 years of work. Also folks, after 50 it take a multitude of things to keep the skin looking good, but my skin looks better now than it did in my forties. When people see me with my grandchild they think he is my child. That is not meant to be a brag, it is meant to give encouragement that the work does pay off, but there were times I wasn't sure that it would. By the way I posted that I had been doing the massage two weeks, actually when I looked at the beginning of the post I have been doing it since it was posted...so it has been a month. I expect great reviews from this find from Critic. So glad I ventured to read her post!

Toby, I'm wondering out loud here. Do you think introducing new routines is the key to continuing to look good?
When body exercising, if you keep the same routine year after year, the effect lessens dramatically, you plateau. If you mix it up, introduce new concepts, return to old - it makes a huge difference in seeing results.
Could this be happening facially? That every so often finding good facial exercises, good massages, good toys (!), good creams; it's all part of mixing it up.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
I can help here, I think its supposed to be based on the body's natural rhythms, and so you don't eat what the earth doesn't produce in say winter, as it confuses the body. Things like summer fruits, which when consumed in winter when the body is preparing for the cold and hibernation, it gets confused with. I think its based on an old japanese diet call macrobiotics and must admit that when I followed it I lost a load of weight and felt great, but you have to be mega organised.

I bought a 2nd hand book on Marcobiotics diet last year, it was written in 198X by an American couples who lived many years in Japan. The concept is actually quite similar with Chinese food thearpy, I never try any of the recipes because I found my diet is very closed to what it described. I can't find too much info on Marcobiotics online, happy to know that you have tried!
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Can anyone find the ingredients for the Suqqu massage cream? I noticed it says "with HA complex", but I wonder if we had the ingredients maybe we could make a DIY formula?

Why not take a look at Tanaka Y-Method massage cream?
http://www.ymethod.com/product/zogan.html
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
how do you do a foot bath? What are the benefits?

A lot of benefit! Better than eating bird's nest and any expensive supplement. It improves internal health and the circulation. I re-read the body massage by Tanaka, the first chapter that she said was 80% of women are cold, improving the circulation will generate a lot of benefits for your skin, hair etc..

You can read Chinese, see here:
http://www.mayueling.com/topic/food/index.asp?id=66

You said you are heat kind, but you probably not. Since you are living in tropical climate, and living in 365 days air-condition environment. Wearing summer clothes, sandals etc, eating and drinking cold food for most of the time. Your 'heat' perhaps is 'fake heat', you can try foot bath to first get rid of the fake heat.
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I went to a tcm once because of my frequent backaches and shoulderaches. She said because of the wind blowing or something.
I dont know if Im cold though because I always get sorethroat and I get red marks when I go for gua sha. How can I remove the heat?
I'll try the foot bath. Maybe I can sweat off the heat.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
I went to a tcm once because of my frequent backaches and shoulderaches. She said because of the wind blowing or something.
I dont know if Im cold though because I always get sorethroat and I get red marks when I go for gua sha. How can I remove the heat?
I'll try the foot bath. Maybe I can sweat off the heat.

With my little knowledge of TCM, I think wind and cold has gotten into your body, because you are enjoying air-con day and night, right? Try footbath to get rid of the fake heat first. When you do gua sha, it depends on where did they scrape (I have tried to learn but it's really too difficult to remember everything), if it does it right, the red dots means helping you to release the heat or anything bad in your body.

Have you tried cuppings? The first time I did cupping, the marks on my back were dark purple, almost close to black, which were cold, wind and dampness. My husband is very healthy, when I did cupping for him, his mark were even darker than me. I am now forcing him to do footbath, it takes him forever to sweat.

When I did the 2nd time cupping, the marks changed to pinkish, which is normal and I believe I am healthy now!

There are different level of sorethroat, is yours follow-by running nose, headache etc? In the past, I had sore throat very often (whenever I ate something wrong, or catching a terrible flu), now I know how to manage once I feel my throat is starting to sore. But I am not sure if we are in the same case. Are you eating many seafood?
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
I sleep with the aircon on during the night. But I dont on the aircon during the day. Yup the gua sha removes the heat. I always do it on my shoulders and neck. After doing it, my body feels more looser.
I have done cupping once before. I think mine was dark red almost purple. I cant go cupping again because it is quite expensive.
My sorethroat does not lead to flu or cough. Sometimes I have ulcers in my throat. I dont eat a lot of seafood.
These days I eat vegetables and some meat. I usually eat chicken. I dont eat rice at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:

Toby, I'm wondering out loud here. Do you think introducing new routines is the key to continuing to look good?
When body exercising, if you keep the same routine year after year, the effect lessens dramatically, you plateau. If you mix it up, introduce new concepts, return to old - it makes a huge difference in seeing results.
Could this be happening facially? That every so often finding good facial exercises, good massages, good toys (!), good creams; it's all part of mixing it up.

Yes I do think mixing it up and doing various things keeps the skin responding better. Think about the hair and using different shampoos. Also like you say with a variety of exercises for the body....it makes sense.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
I sleep with the aircon on during the night. But I dont on the aircon during the day. Yup the gua sha removes the heat. I always do it on my shoulders and neck. After doing it, my body feels more looser.
I have done cupping once before. I think mine was dark red almost purple. I cant go cupping again because it is quite expensive.
My sorethroat does not lead to flu or cough. Sometimes I have ulcers in my throat. I dont eat a lot of seafood.
These days I eat vegetables and some meat. I usually eat chicken. I dont eat rice at all.

Sore throat and ulcers in the throat and mouth is 'fake heat', I had it all the time and I thought I was lack of Vit B. Are you able to buy home-use cupping (the vacuum one) in Singapore? They are cheap here, cost me less than USD10 for 24 cups, comes with DVD. I viewed once and follow the pic to put the cups.

You have to eat rice (whole grain), we need grain to be beautiful and stay young. You are very lucky to discover this forum at age 20+

Your drink anything cold or with ice?
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:15 am      Reply with quote
Which type of cupping device do you use? Some are simplier and some are complicated to use. I dont think I can get them here but maybe online?
How do I remove the fake heat?
What is whole grain rice? My whole family eats white rice because it's cheaper. Is brown rice whole grain?
I dont drink anything with ice. Why?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:46 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
Which type of cupping device do you use? Some are simplier and some are complicated to use. I dont think I can get them here but maybe online?
How do I remove the fake heat?
What is whole grain rice? My whole family eats white rice because it's cheaper. Is brown rice whole grain?
I dont drink anything with ice. Why?

Foot bath can release the fake heat. See the link I post before on how to do it properly.
The best is do it before bed-time.

If you want to have beautiful skin, you have to stop drinking and eating anything cold. I visited a Chinese herbalist in Hong Kong who is quite well-known for celebrities and actress. Quite expensive, approx. USD120 per visit, including herbal tea for 5 days. The tips that he offers to women is stop eating and drinking anything cold. He has a whole list of food/drink that is strictly not allowed to consume. e.g. no coconut juice and milk, green beans, soy milk, etc.
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:54 am      Reply with quote
oops I've been doing it all wrong. I drink stuff to cool down my body. So I cant drink barely, bittergourd tea or chrysnanthemum?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:54 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
oops I've been doing it all wrong. I drink stuff to cool down my body. So I cant drink barely, bittergourd tea or chrysnanthemum?

Barely can drink occasionally, but wait until you have release the fake heat, remember barley is also cold for the body. Definitely NO for bitter gourd tea or chrysnanthemum. And remember no watermelon and banana and cucumber. Bitter gourd is very cold, my dad ate a lot and drink a lot of bitter gourd tea, he thought it can lower the sugar blood level.

If you want flawless skin, better don't eat sugar.
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:11 am      Reply with quote
I tried doing a foot bath just now but I couldnt sweat. I dont know if the water had become cold or what. Am I supposed to keep adding hot water to keep it hot until I sweat?
Is there a way to know if Im really hot or cold? Because I feel weird eating non cooling things.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |