Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: MLab Skincare - a RAVE isn't good enough !
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
belinda
5% products discount

Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
I've been meaning to review my experience with MLab products and, given the fact that these products are nothing short of miraculous, I have to admit that I've been remiss.

I read about this line on one of my favorite blogs and, although the line is very pricey, their travel collection, which is normally $130 was being offered at a $65 introductory price, so I thought I'd give it a go.

First, a little bit about the line:
M Lab was founded by Milbar Laboratories, a company that's been involved in cosmeceutical development for over 25 years. Apparently, Milbar Laboratories challenged their scientists to create a skin care line that would achieve results with extraordinary amounts of clinically active ingredients. Well, THAT was music to my ears! The result was M Lab, a powerful line of formulations designed to cleanse, treat, moisturize and protect the skin.

The products feature 45-74% clinically active ingredients, whereas most cosmeceutical anti-aging lines use between 10 and 20%.

Included in the Travel Collection was:

# Anti-Aging Cleanser (50mL) - cleanses while hydrating, refining and preparing the skin for your anti-aging regimen. 45% clinically active ingredients.
# Anti-Aging Toner (50mL) - tones, balances and purifies the skin for a fresh, radiant finish. 62% clinically active ingredients.
# Anti-Aging Day Treatment SPF 15 (15mL) - comforts the skin with moisture, protects with antioxidants, nourishes and smoothes and blocks UVA and UVB rays. 65% clinically active ingredients.
# Anti-Aging Treatment Cream (15mL) - deeply moisturizes while replenishing, nourishing and supplying intense anti-aging actions. 68% clinically active ingredients.
# Anti-Aging Treatment Serum (5mL) - a super concentrated blend of peptides, antioxidants, moisturizers and botanicals diminish visible signs of aging while boosting health and vitality. 74% clinically active ingredients.
# Anti-Aging Eye Cream (3mL) - smoothes away expression lines, diminishes sagging and lightens dark under eye circles for a bright, younger-looking finish. 59% clinically active ingredients.

While I liked all of them, I have got to say that I was COMPLETELY blown away by Treatment Serum, the Day Treatment with SPF15, and the Treatment Cream. If I had to name a product that was the absolute standout, I'd have to say it is the Serum.

I take very good care of my skin and generally thought it was in damn good condition. Prior to trying this line, I was using Retin A at night, and a high concentration Vit C serum by day. I tend to vary my eye treatment (I'm an eye product slut) and I'm a meticulous user of sunscreens. In addition, at night after my Retin A, I often will use an additional product like Revale Night Cream or Nia24.

I use my Clarisonic 2x per day, and I have a Quasar and a NuFace gadget. I also masque regularly.

How much better can it get, right?

Well, I decided to stop EVERYTHING (in the way of products, that is) except for the MLab stuff. I continued to use my gadgets.

Soon into the regimen, I abandoned the cleanser, the toner, and switched back to my own eye treatment products. Why? Well, I have very oily skin, and the cleanser wasn't doing the job I wanted, even with the Clarisonic. However, for anyone with skin even slightly less oil than mine, I think it'd be great. It certainly is lovely to use.

As for the toner, I just don't use toner. The eye cream is nice, but I think it really is designed to treat someone who has more fine lines than I do. It's very rich. I'm principally concerned with toning and firming my eye area and I just prefer a gel.

With that said, I continued to cleanse at night with my cleanser, and then applied the M Lab cream along with my own eye product. The cream is super rich and I didn't think it would work with my oily skin. I couldn't have been more wrong. It sunk in immediately and upon waking, my skin was matte, soft, and absolutely luminous and radiant.

In the morning, I cleanse, use the serum, my eye product, and finish with the Day Treatment.

Well, I said I thought my skin was in damn good condition - and, in truth, it was. But this stuff is nothing short of miraculous. No matter what my schedule was like - and my schedule can sometimes be INSANE - no matter how much coffee and wine I drank, no matter how remiss I was about my water intake, NO MATTER WHAT, my skin looked absolutely gorgeous and, since I've bankrupted myself on this stuff, it still does!

I'm sure the high cost is due to the incredible concentration of active ingredients. And, if you purchase the products directly from MLab and join their list, they often run specials. I've been living off the Travel Kits, but last week they ran a 50% off sale, so I splurged on my three favorite products and I'm so glad that I did.

I saw results in terms of the complete erasure of the few fine lines I had, as well as an improvement in the texture, tone, and clarity of my skin in an incredibly short period of time. Despite the high concentration of actives, I never experienced even the slightest irritation. And, I can't tell you the number of times someone has asked me just what it was I was doing differently, and who doesn't love those kinds of compliments?!?!?!

I really just can't say enough good things about this line!

How's that for my very first review? Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Great review, belinda. How long were you using the Retin A and C for before you started the Mlab products? And can I ask your age (or at least the range you are in if you prefer not to give out your actual age!)?
belinda
5% products discount

Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you!

I've been using Vit C for about 7 years (eek!) and Retin A for 3 years.

I'm 41.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
belinda wrote:
Thank you!

I've been using Vit C for about 7 years (eek!) and Retin A for 3 years.

I'm 41.

Thanks for the info, belinda! I think I have some samples for some of the Mlab products. I'll have to try to dig them out and give them a try!
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:29 am      Reply with quote
They are on the shopping channel today. Who are you? A customer or host??

This is too good to be true. Apparently the cosmetic watch dog doesn't think M Lab is that great.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the samples that I had of the MLab products. I thought the cleanser and toner were fine. Nothing spectacular but nothing horrible either. The anti-aging serum left my face very tacky and that feeling never seemed to go away no matter how long the wait. My favorite was the anti-aging cream. I loved the feel of this product on my skin. No results in my skin while I was using the samples though, but that was maybe 2 weeks tops.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
I managed to get the anti aging travel kit at half price and I am very impressed with the products.
The cleanser is lovely with just a light quite pleasant lemon type of smell. It cleans very well and leaves the skin soft. I used the toner as it was in the kit and on many occasions, use of a toner can show that the skin still has a bit of residue on it but it would seem that the cleanser washes away completely as there is no residue left when the toner goes on. I was very sceptical about the eye cream as it is exceedingly rich and I much prefer gels. For the first couple of days, my eyes were a bit puffy but I persisted, only used a very small amount and made sure I really patted it in properly and now the skin around my eyes is quite firm and no puffiness. Even if I wake with a bit of puffiness, an hour or so after the eye cream is applied of a morning, the puffiness disappears.
The night cream is also very rich but does not cause any breakouts, calms the skin and leaves it very soft. I love the serum and find that it does sink in very well. The day treatment is one of my favourites because it not only conditions the skin, but also has SPF15 and there is no residue at all. Makes your skin look and feel very natural.
These products are excellent and there is certainly sufficient in the travel collection to try them out for a few weeks. It is just a shame that they are a bit expensive but as only a small amount is needed, they probably would last quite a while.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:51 am      Reply with quote
I received a half size serum as well. I found that one drop (literally) is enough to cover your whole face.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchased the cream and serum off of TSC in Canada, excited to try it. Very Happy
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:04 am      Reply with quote
For those interested SpaLook has all Mlab products at 50% off because it is a new product they are carrying.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I am going to order the serum today and give it a try. Blissworld had big discounts on all products as well. I am a hardcore Jan Marini fan but I've been experimenting with adding other new products that have just been introduced. So far I've tried Youth Complex and Neocutis Bio Serum. I was impressed with both and look forward to trying M Lab...will let you know!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I am not trying to sell this line, but I think it is one line of products that give the best results when used together. The best way to try the products is to purchase the travel pack which gives cleanser, toner, day lotion with SPF, serum, eye cream and night cream. It is a very simple routine to just use these products and nothing else and you will be surprised at just how good your skin condition becomes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
loribar wrote:
I am going to order the serum today and give it a try. Blissworld had big discounts on all products as well. I am a hardcore Jan Marini fan but I've been experimenting with adding other new products that have just been introduced. So far I've tried Youth Complex and Neocutis Bio Serum. I was impressed with both and look forward to trying M Lab...will let you know!

Sorry...correction not Youth Complex...Youth Corridor. A vitamin C, E, and melatonin serum introduced by a plastic surgeon.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bushy and all - I'm going to have a look. I wonder why it wasn't liked by the cosmetic watch dog...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I wonder why it wasn't liked by the cosmetic watch dog...

Who's the cosmetic watch dog?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:27 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
I wonder why it wasn't liked by the cosmetic watch dog...

Who's the cosmetic watch dog?

Good question?!?
Link anyone?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, the link would be nice as I would like to read what has been said.

I know that there is a consumer watchdog in Australia who recently caught out a company marketing a cosmetic and hair care line as being all natural, when in fact, the products contained chemicals which were not listed in the ingredients. It is an interesting read:

A COSMETICS con that covered up chemicals in hair and skincare products has been exposed by the consumer watchdog.

And the Australian Consumer and Competition Commission has put other companies on notice over mislabelling in a booming cosmetics market.

Natural Instinct is altering its labelling on several products after it left off ingredients that can cause skin irritations and hoodwinked consumers over the quantities of herbs and oils in several items.

Owned by Natural Products of Australia, it sells shampoos, moisturisers, baby bath washes, hand creams and other cosmetics through pharmacies and health food stores.

ACCC deputy chair Peter Kell said customers were misled when ingredients were left off labels on some items.

The company, based in Bayswater, also used the wrong name for a potential skin irritant in a baby shampoo.

And, despite a boast that products were "made with/from 100 per cent pure oils and certified organic herbs", some contained less than 1 per cent.

"The best practice is to be open with consumers rather than making claims you can't sustain," Mr Kell said.

There is huge interest in natural and organic products from those seeking to avoid allergic reactions or certain chemicals for ethical or environmental reasons. An industry source said the area was "crying out for stricter standards".

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/watchdog-strips-mask-from-cosmetic-claims/story-e6frf7jo-1225699004496

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:56 am      Reply with quote
I have just finished the Travel Kit for anti-aging which has lasted one month. It is the first time for a long time that I have stayed very impressed with products and my skin just seems to love them. I can't find fault with any of their products.
Please post here if anyone sees them on special somewhere as they are a bit pricey.

5% products discount

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:07 am      Reply with quote
hi bushy!

after following this thread the past couple of weeks I went ahead and ordered the travel kit...just arrived yesterday and i'm going to use it exclusively for the next month. the mlab website has a promo going in their rewards section...have you purchased products through them? they seem to offer pretty good incentives to purchase through the company website! i will let you know my thoughts in a couple weeks!! (I'm am uber critical so be prepared for brutal honesty!)
Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:30 am      Reply with quote
I just got an email from newbeauty. M Lab is 50% off on spalook right now. This is good for 5 days for those of you who love this line.

http://www.spalook.com/m-lab.aspx?affiliatecode=00extcam011310nb
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Rileygirl for the link! So tempting... must hide my credit card, hehe. I may get the anti aging travel kit, it's reasonably priced.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
tikiandbabu wrote:
hi bushy!

after following this thread the past couple of weeks I went ahead and ordered the travel kit...just arrived yesterday and i'm going to use it exclusively for the next month. the mlab website has a promo going in their rewards section...have you purchased products through them? they seem to offer pretty good incentives to purchase through the company website! i will let you know my thoughts in a couple weeks!! (I'm am uber critical so be prepared for brutal honesty!)
Very Happy

I haven't ordered direct from their website and didn't realise they had a rewards program. I have previously purchased from Skinstore and Spalook when they had the 50% off. I think this line is going to be my HG of skincare as I have finally stopped looking at any new products coming out - no longer tempted as these products really suit my skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks rileygirl for the tip on 50% off at Spalook. I decided to take advantage of it and ordered a complete set of full size products plus another travel set.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Here is another 50% off all Mlab products at SkinStore. This is good until 1/29/10.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hm, reviews on Makeup Alley aren' too good...
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |