Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Does anyone use Clark's Botanicals Cellular Lifting Serum?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Just curious if anyone uses this and what results you're having.

Here's a blurb about it:

My father and my sister are medical doctors and we're always researching new ingredients," explained Clark. "And by chance I read an article about the Uttwiler Spatlauber Apple in Switzerland that was nearly extinct. It was over-picked because this apple would never go bad because it has stem cells that are continuously repairing and regenerating and protecting the fruit." Combined with other substances like ginseng extract, the new miracle potion is supposed to reverse skin damage and even make your eyelashes longer in just three weeks.

It's supposed to help with firmness and collagen production. Supposedly Michelle Obama is a fan.

Here are the ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Sesame Protein PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Algae Extract, Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Litchi Chinensis Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Amino Butyric Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Jojoba Esters, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Cholesterol, Phystosphongosine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Centella Asiatica, Silica, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Octyldodecanol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond Oil), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Phenyl Trimethicone, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Extract, Polysilicone-11, Barium Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Lecithin, Methylisothiazolinone, Polyvinyl Acetate, Acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

What does everyone think about it? It's very pricey, does it seem worth it?
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried this particular serum, but I have tried a couple of other serums that have the apple stem cell ingredient, and they didn't do anything for me. One of them was the Isomers stem cell product. I also tried the Isomers eyelash product with stem cells and hated it. It made my eyelashes look ratty.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:26 am      Reply with quote
I just heard a radio interview with Francesco Clark, who is the owner and developer of Clark's Botanicals. What an amazing, inspiring story! In a nutshell, he was an assistant editor at Harper's Bazaar when he became paralyzed in a diving accident. Being paralyzed involves more than just not being able to move. He developed skin problems and tried every kind of cream, from the most expensive to the cheapest, and nothing worked. So he decided to experiment and create his own. Finally one worked. He sent samples to his former colleagues, who had tried everything, and they loved it.

When I get some extra cash, I'd be interested in trying his line of products.

http://clarksbotanicals.com/
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:37 am      Reply with quote
From truth in aging. Smile

http://truthinaging.com/face/dept-of-daft-anti-aging-swiss-apple-stem-cells

A year ago I predicted that stem cells from fruits and vegetables would start to appear in anti-wrinkle potions. Capturing human stem cells is controversial and those from animals are somehow unappealing (and carry risk of infection). Enter vegetal stem cells. In particular, stem cells derived from apples have just started to appear in commercially available creams.

Of course, they don’t come from any old apple. No, these stem cells come from a very rare Swiss apple tree that we are told was cultivated over 300 hundred years ago for the long storage life of the fruit. So rare is it, that it was practically extinct. One day, a few trees were spotted somewhere in an isolated corner of the Alps. Scientists were all of a dither, seeing the possibilities immediately: stem cells could be extracted from this long living apple and be used to make other things live long – like my aging skin cells.

I was actually falling for all of this whilst reading a lengthy article penned by a Dr Goldfaden. That is, until I came across Goldfaden Stem Cell Serum and the sweet aroma of life-giving fruit began to smell a bit fishy. Dr G’s article is very detailed and it goes so far as to give us the name of this rare species of tannin-rich apple: Uttwiler Spätlauber.

By now, I was on the alert. A Google search of Uttwiler Spätlauber threw up over 30o references and not one of them was botanical. In fact, they ALL refer to the invention of a new skincare ingredient. Uttwiler Spätlauber lives only in the imagination of Dr Goldfaden and the cosmetic industry.

Interestingly, searching on terms such as ‘vegetal stem cells’, ‘fruit’ stem cells or ‘apple stem cells’ is even less, ahem, fruitful. And, once more, references go back to cosmetics and a company called Emerge that supposedly invented a process for extracting stem cells from “rare Swiss apples” called PhytoCellTec.

The whole thing is hooey and has as about as much basis in reality as that other Swiss apple myth, the legend of William Tell.

Ingredients in Emerge Stem Cell Swiss Apple Serum ($120)

Purified Water, (PhytoCellTec™ Stem Cell) Malus Domestica, Glycerin, Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol Collagen, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3, (Matrixyl 3000), Squalane, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylene Glycol, Benzylalcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid.

Ingredients in Goldfaden Stem Cell Serum ($75)

Chondrus Crispus (Seaweed) Extract, Purified Water, Hyaluronic Acid, Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture, Xanthan Gum, Clycerin, Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Red Tea Extract.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Here is one more for your collection:

Phytocell Renewal Serum - Apple Stem Cell Technology ($46 for 1oz)

http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/products/Phytocell_Renewal_Serum_Apple_Stem_Cells-521-114.html

They have have 2 dr sample bottles if some one is interested.

Ingredients:
Purified Water, Hawaiian Sea Extract, Ethoxydiglycol, Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Glycerin, Lecithin, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance, Hexylene Glycol.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not one who thinks that Truth in Aging is a very good authority on skin care. But, I am one who uses the Clark's Botanicals serum and I love it. It has lots of great barrier repair ingredients.

TIA doesn't have very good google skills either.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1231889/Could-extract-rare-Swiss-apple-REALLY-rid-wrinkles.html
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Just my 5 cents: I know nothing about this particular line, but anything that I bought based on Truth in Aging recommendations turned out to be a total and complete waste of money and time (including visiting the very famous beautician, who did not impress me one bit - nor with her knowledge nor with her own looks).

I learned the very expensive way to take anything they say with a grain of salt.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
For what it's worth Marta is not recommending this magic apple stem cell! I have as much faith in this special apple as Cindy Crawford's Magic melon!
I am not very convinced that any plant stem cell will reach the dermis to start, much less be compatible with human cells. Just my 2 cents!

Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |