Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Quick question - LED related.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, so in the future I am definitely adding on to my LED skincare products. I have 2 devices in mind. The Anti Aging Lightstim, or the ProLight Platinum. What I wanted to quickly ask is what light get's me the BEST bang for the buck? They are both the exact same prices (ProLight has free shipping), but I wanted to hear from you guys who have tried either both, or just one..are you guys getting great results. I REALLY was leaning towards the AALS, but I've been reading back and forth, and cannot make up my mind. First of all, I noticed in the LS the diodes touch your face, do you believe that is why that light yields better results? Another thing, the ProLight seems like it will be more durable over time, because it seems as though it has a simple design, with no on/off button, etc. But at the same time, the head of the PLight is smaller, which means less coverage, but I also heard that it only takes 60 seconds with the ProLight. I've read reviews on this site for both products, and it seemed more people recommended the AALS. Guys, if you could, give me ANY information pertaining to this question... simply, what is the better light?? Also is the %30 off code for the AALS still "EDS83py4t"??? Thank you kindly.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:02 am      Reply with quote
EC,

I bought the Prolight Platinum and used it for almost a year and had no results. But of course I wasn't using anything prior to the treatments (such as green or white tea) because that was the instructions I received. You're a lot younger than I am so you aren't dealing with the same issues and maybe your results would be different. My issues are sagging and wrinkles.
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Why dont you get the warp?

http://www.warp-heals.com/

They used it in a study in conjunction with green tea and the person's wrinkles were reduced.
I have the lightstim and I didnt really see much results. I was hoping to fade my red marks. I thought my skin tone evend out but it was briefly. Im going to try the lightstim again properly.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:04 am      Reply with quote
First and foremost, thank you both for responding.

The funny thing is, you both responded, each saying you've tried one or the other device that I had in mind, and it yielded no results for you.

My one concern for my skin, is redness. Not HORRIBLE redness, but I can tell in pictures and stuff, that the bridge of my nose seems a little red, other certain parts of my face. And I wear sunscreen religiously now. I am only in my 20's, but throughout my teenage years, I tanned A LOT, unfortunately. So what I believe I have is slightly sun-damaged skin.

I've used LED products before (eBay handheld + panel) and I did notice changes in my skin texture, feel, etc. But those were of course with lower grade devices.

Since I am not getting rid of wrinkles, or sagging, do you think that a LightStim or Prolight would simply get rid of my redness, and whiten my skin a bit?

Again, thank you both for responding, I'm hoping other members who have used either device stumble in here and can also give me some advice.

Oh and faerie, I don't know about the warp, it seems so bulky, and it also doesn't have amber or infrared rays, which I wanted because I heard those intensify the results, but thank you for the suggestion!
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Is your redness roseacea? because lightstim has a light for that and people had good results.

I dont think LED devices can whiten your skin. lol. If you want to whiten your skin, maybe you can try some whitening masks? Asian brands especially.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:28 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
Is your redness roseacea? because lightstim has a light for that and people had good results.

I dont think LED devices can whiten your skin. lol. If you want to whiten your skin, maybe you can try some whitening masks? Asian brands especially.

I actually don't know, I've never been diagnosed with Roseacea. All I know is, when I look up close in the mirror, I can see a few spots on my nose where I have tiny broken capillaries. Like I said, what I think I have is minor sun-damage from all those years of tanning. A lot of tanning does cause redness and broken caps.

And throughout my extensive research on EDS regarding the LightStim, many members claimed their skin looked more pale and white, and evenly toned, so I thought I could expect that from LED treatments?
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Oh I didnt see my face getting fairer from using lightstim though.
But if you want to choose either lightstim or prolight, I suggest lightstim then. If it doesnt work, they have a return policy. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:48 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
Oh I didnt see my face getting fairer from using lightstim though.
But if you want to choose either lightstim or prolight, I suggest lightstim then. If it doesnt work, they have a return policy. Very Happy

Well thank you anyways.

Pretty sure I am getting the LightStim. I've been searching and searching here on EDS, and have heard COUNTLESS people saying that the LightStim gave them great results (love Kassy's results). Not to mention they also found their skin to be more white and more evenly toned... those are my main concerns.

I might order it right now, but I am unsure if I have the correct 10% off code. Hmm.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Just ordered my Anti Aging Lightstim! Got the 10% off, chose Express shipping, I want it now! LOL...320$ is a little pricey, but I really think this will help my skin. Plus, I plan on keeping it around for a while. THIS IS THE LAST THING I CAN BUY. I am such a sucker for skin products, and I already have a eBay handheld LED unit (maybe I'll give away to my sister) and a Red LED Panel from eBay, that I just started using, plus countless lotions/creams. THIS IS IT!

Anyone know how fast the Express shipping is? It says overnight, but obviously it wont ship until tomorrow(Monday)morning. So I am hoping I'll get it Tues/Weds? I cannot wait.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi EC413 - I bought the AAlightstim 19 months ago. Used it about 5 days a week for the first 3 months and then abut 3X a week after that.
I love it - it has evened my skin tone, diminished my NL lines and eye wrinkles etc.
I also had a few sunspots which are amost gone.
Don't have any broken capillaries so don't know how it works on those. it has lightened my face just a tiny bit over all. As I am in my late 50's, it probably helped me more than someone in their 20's. Just make sure you use it religously for the first 3 months or you may not see much improvement and you do have a 90 day retrun policy. Good luck - DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi EC413. I also have the AALS and I do love it. But I have sun damage redness on my chest and it didn't do anything for it I'm afraid. I know it's worked for some and not others. So if you really only want it for that problem then at least you have the 90 return policy.
Good luck with it.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:53 am      Reply with quote
EC413, thank you so much for posting the coupon code! I'm "over the moon" because I'm on a budget and been wanting an AALS for awhile, every little bit of savings helps. I didn't get the express shipping though but I'm sure I'll get it by weeks end.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Thank you guys. Glad to hear you also have had positive results with it. I am only in my 20's, so I don't have A LOT of damage, like I said. Just overall redness in some areas, and some differences in tone. My skin just seems dull. I also just quit smoking, so that will benefit me as well.

I am happy that they have a 90 day return period, but I honestly think I am going to keep it. I know LEDs have results, and the people that don't get results from them can't be doing it right! I can't wait to share my experience from the 1st treatment.

WhiteWolf, you're welcome on the 10% off code. The 30 dollars it takes off definitely helps! I also was considering the LightStim a while back, but didn't want to spend the 300 dollars, but I am REALLY glad I did. If you think about all the money you spend on lotions, serums, facial products in general, it adds up to way ABOVE 300 dollars, so I think that this will allow me to have great skin without lathering potions on all the time that don't really yield any noticeable results.

Hope you enjoy your LightStim! I only ordered Express Shipping because I thought the extra 10 dollars was worth it if I could get it a few days earlier, I am THAT anxious to use it!
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
If it is just a few small areas of redness I would definitely try One session of IPL on them....this worked beautifully for me.

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
If it is just a few small areas of redness I would definitely try One session of IPL on them....this worked beautifully for me.

rebecca

Are you talking about like Professional IPL/Laser treatments? If so, I was actually considering that. But the whole process would probably add up to be more than the LightStim. No doubt, in the future, once I really get some money together I probably will go and get my face lasered. But until then, I am going to try and improve my face as much as I can with the LightStim... that'll probably make the results from IPL/Lasers even better!

The only thing I am REALLY concerned about are the few tiny broken capillaries on the bridge of my nose. They aren't that visible, but I am extremely anal and obsessed with my skin looking clear.

Do you know how much Professional IPL sessions would be? I know it's probably completely different from one place to another, but I am curious. I was going to guess about $100-200 per session?

Thanks.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Ooh, I have another question about LEDs.

I have a couple little visible (looks almost like broken caps), on my eyelid, but they seem raised above the skin. They almost look like a faint purplish color...they aren't extremely visible. I don't know if they are from rubbing my eyes, or because I wear contacts. They really AREN'T that obvious, but when I close my eyes, I can definitely see them. I know you're not supposed to obviously look directly into the light, but would I be able to do treatments on my lids? I'm hoping maybe the LightStim will calm them down a bit?

If anyone knows what I'm talking about (LOL),just let me know if you think it's not only safe, but if there is a point in treating my lids.

Thank you!
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
snowqueen67 wrote:

rebecca

Are you talking about like Professional IPL/Laser treatments? If so, I was actually considering that. But the whole process would probably add up to be more than the LightStim. No doubt, in the future, once I really get some money together I probably will go and get my face lasered. But until then, I am going to try and improve my face as much as I can with the LightStim... that'll probably make the results from IPL/Lasers even better!

The only thing I am REALLY concerned about are the few tiny broken capillaries on the bridge of my nose. They aren't that visible, but I am extremely anal and obsessed with my skin looking clear.

Do you know how much Professional IPL sessions would be? I know it's probably completely different from one place to another, but I am curious. I was going to guess about $100-200 per session?

Thanks.

The thing is with IPL treatments (yes I was thinking professional) is that the price varies so much. If it is just a couple of spots on you nose my derm would only be charging about $80 (Australia). Basically, you need to ring around. Then go in for a "test" spot. You should not pay for this...ask them this on the phone. If it works on one then great! You can go ahead.

IPL is getting cheaper and cheaper b/c everyone has a machine...and in my experience these little red spots respond brilliantly.

rebecca

Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |