Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
:: Review :: Dr. Hauschka Lip Balm vs Lip Care Stick
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:01 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Dr. H's Lip Balm for a while now, and I've always been curious about how the Lip Care Stick compares to it. Here's my analysis:

Lip Balm: Smooth, Vaseline-like consistency. Feels very moisturizing on my lips. Rubs off easily, especially at night (when it loves to pick up cat hair). Nice shine -- makes a nice lip gloss and mixes well with lipstick. Comes in a small jar, difficult to extract and more easily contaminated.

Lip Care Stick: Less smooth, sticky consistency, more like Chap Stick. Stays on much better throughout the day and at night (when it does NOT have a tendency to pick up cat hair). More subtle shine. Comes in a stick, much easier to use and less easily contaminated.

Final conclusion: I think I'll be using both products! I much prefer the lip balm when my lips are very chapped, it's very very soothing. However, the lip care stick is very convenient, easily tucked away in my pocket -- and it is better for me at night.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dr Hauschka Lip Balm (4.5 ml)
Dr Hauschka Lip Balm (4.5 ml)

Intensive soothing care for dry, chapped lips, this rich balm promotes skin renewal as it moisturises and softens. Lip Balm provides a translucent shine and helps visibly reduce fine lines around the mouth. Calendula and St. John’s wort extracts encourage renewal. Silk and anthyllis strengthen delicate lip tissue to give the lips a velvety feel and a long-lasting warm, floral scent. This intensive care results in beautiful, soft lips.

Medusa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Chimera, thats a good review Smile

I was wondering about these two products as I use a few other products of Dr. H.
The only set back for me was that there is no SPF in the lipbalm or the stick.

Medusa
k.a.t.
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
That's a good point, Medusa. I love Hauschka's lip care, but I avoid it when I'm in the sun. Ouch! Crying or Very sad I like to use Lip Trip SPF 15, by Mountain Ocean. Perfect for skiing!Very Happy

http://www.mountainocean.com/product/broch.htm
JennyDee

Wed May 21, 2008 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
I carry a stick in my purse and have a jar at home for before I go to bed. I haven't noticed too much difference between the two products, except that warm weather makes for easy over application of the jarred balm. But I've never used a better lip balm. I'm addicted.
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Do these two lip balm have SPF protection?
pomme_81
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 8:59 am      Reply with quote
i used lip blam, but i feel it can protect my lip for only 5 to 10 minutes.
lavendula
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I am using the lip stick now, however, it makes me dissapointed.
When applied to my lips, it looks like there is a film but without any moisture. Compare with other lip balm I have used, Dr. H can not prove to be better.
From now on, I found the Kiehl's #1 lip balm is relatively the best. However, I am still looking for the "right" one. Any ideas for someone?
Thanks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
wancy_2000 wrote:

No in fact, they are the opposite, they contain phototoxic ingredients.
Allison_Wonderland
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
I love your review! I much prefer the lip care stick, it seems to really last all day unlike most lip balms.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:51 am      Reply with quote
edenfield wrote:
wancy_2000 wrote:

edenfield, what ingredients are phototoxic? Shock

by the way, I didn`t like the stick - it is not moisturizing enough for my lips. rather dry

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:04 am      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
edenfield wrote:
wancy_2000 wrote:

edenfield, what ingredients are phototoxic? Shock

by the way, I didn`t like the stick - it is not moisturizing enough for my lips. rather dry

st. john's wort for one...dont recall the other one (and too lazy to get the ingredients list) but there is more than that in there
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:44 am      Reply with quote
thanks! I didn`t know it Shock

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I prefer the stick during the day because it's easier to carry around and apply on the run. I have long nails so trying to get it out of the jar is a mess without a lip brush. It gets to be too much extra stuff to carry. Also, in warm weather the jar will melt and be quite messy. I use the jar at night especially if I get chapped lips in the winter. I'll coat it on real thick before bed and in the morning chapped lips are healed. It also works great around the bottom of my nose when it's red and sore from blowing my nose.
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
To be honest, I really don't like the lip balm. I got it as a free gift with the purchase. But at least for me, it's just like a layer of wax on my lip. I really prefer Kiehl's.
libeibei
5% products discount

Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:26 am      Reply with quote
aloe lips, khiel's lip balm, carmex lip balm
Tiffany121
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:54 am      Reply with quote
thx!!
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. H. lip balm does not have spf protection. This is not a favourite lip balm of mine as I find it a bit too thick and less moisturizing than Julie Hewett's Camellia Lip Balm.
Ciboulette
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Prefer the lip care stick, easier to apply. But both give the same result.
znn_111
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
used the lip sitck , is not hydrating enough . will try the balm soon
yakkomomo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
Good review! I always think they are more likely the same product in difference container.
Because my lip color is a bit drak, so I prefer to have lip balm with spf at day time. But Dr.H's lip balm is a very good choice for night.
bonheurgirl
5% products discount

Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
The Lip Balm is better than Lip Care Stick
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried both and I have to say the Lip Care Stick won out with me. I love the texture and the handiness of it. I also mix it with lipliner to get a nice natural glossy look. It's a staple item in my collection.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
I've just tried the lip balm for few days, it makes my lip softer and heal the dryness. The effect is so obvious!! Great product!!
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
My lip is dry now. I want to choice one to try.
livmaquillage
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. H lipstick is one of my must-have. I love love love it. It has a natural glow and stays on my lip well even if I drink or eat.

Kiehl's makes me look like eating greasy food without wiping.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |