Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Living Nature shampoos and conditioners (or other organics?)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried these? I'm looking for a totally organic shampoo and conditioner that steers away from proteins (wheat, oat, soy). I've used John Masters in the past but their products include some blacklisted ingredients (according to Saffron Rouge standards). I've tried Morrocco Method shampoos and didn't love them, although I do quite like a couple of their conditioners. Just looking for something new to add into the rotation that would be good for my very thin (and possibly thinning), but wavy/frizz prone hair . . .
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I liked them in the past.

Right now I use and love Dr.Alkaitis shampoo (it is all natural and organic), and agrees with my hair.

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I liked them in the past.

Right now I use and love Dr.Alkaitis shampoo (it is all natural and organic), and agrees with my hair.

HTH

how would you say the dr. alkaitis and living nature shampoos compare? what do you like more about the dr. a?
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I do not remember why I stopped using them.

Dr.Alkaitis is very light, pleasant to use and my hair look great. I never heard about it until looking into raw food and their websites (Hippocrates institute carries it, I believe).

Afterwards I use live-in conditioner (by 5-elements volumizing one). I tried Morocco method and was also not enamoured.

I did love John Masters;s Zinc + shampoo and detangler as well, but was looking for something better.

I also love Living Nature Eye Pencil - just fantastic.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Where do you buy either of the shampoo/conditioner? (LN and Dr A)
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
LN - from www.saffronrouge.com; and Dr.A from www.oneluckyduck.com.

I am sure there are plenty of other places.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
LN - from www.saffronrouge.com; and Dr.A from www.oneluckyduck.com.

I am sure there are plenty of other places.

HTH

Thank you Sigma. Do you know if these can be picked up at a local store?
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
In NYC - yes (at least Dr. A), in NJ - no, other places - I have no idea.

Sorry for not being more helpful.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
I didnt really find Living Natures hydrating enough for me.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
pal wrote:
I didnt really find Living Natures hydrating enough for me.

the shampoo, the conditioner, or both?

i don't really have oily hair/scalp, but since my hair's so thin a lot of products that are meant to be hydrating can just end up weighing it down. at the same time, if i don't strike the right balance my wavy hair can get too frizzy . . . i was thinking of maybe pairing the living nature nourishing shampoo (or maybe the dr. a shampoo) with the balancing conditioner . . .
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Sigma - Hey there. I would like to know what color eye pencil(s) you use from LN...Was thinking of the river stone color. I don't have anything like it. Do you like any other products? Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
Sister Sweets,

I really liked the foundation and eye shadows, and I loved the eye pencil - I have hazel eyes and the lady at Saffron Rouge recommended that strange color - Smoulder. I would recommend calling her and discuss, since I could not figure anything out based on what I had seen on a display - colors were to close to each other.

The foundation is a little bit too rich for me, but I have oily skin, but it is still very good.

HTH

Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |