Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
What do you use after stop using Obagi?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I know this is a boring question, but I want to know what do you use if one day you stop using Obagi? I am still struggling....
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Critic, are you talking about completely stopping Obagi, or just going on maintenance?
janegd
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:06 am      Reply with quote
this is also a question of mine, say what to use during the maintainance priod.

additionally, do you girls know if it is OK to do facial mask during the obagi regime? thanks a lot
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:18 am      Reply with quote
janegd wrote:

additionally, do you girls know if it is OK to do facial mask during the obagi regime? thanks a lot

Maintenance on Obagi is this:
Cleanse and Tone as normal (alternating, you can use the cleanser from the C line where you don't need a toner).
3 days a week use the Clear
2-3 days a week (on alternate days from the Clear) use the Exfoderm
Retin A/Blender use anywhere from 2-5 times a week.

On the other times when you don't use any Obagi products you can use whatever you want to use.

I don't think there would be a problem doing a facial mask on Obagi but not very often, as you are should not really be using any moisturizers at all while on Obagi.
janegd
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:00 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
janegd wrote:

Cleanse and Tone as normal (alternating, you can use the cleanser from the C line where you don't need a toner).

On the other times when you don't use any Obagi products you can use whatever you want to use.

I don't think there would be a problem doing a facial mask on Obagi but not very often, as you are should not really be using any moisturizers at all while on Obagi.

Thank you very much indeed, Rileygirl! But one more question: When you say alternative days to use Exfoderm, does it mean Exfoderm can be used without clear? I thought they the must pairing stuffs, aren't they?

Additionally, for eye creame, is it OK if I apply eye creame (from other label) before I apply clear (since I want to apply obagi on my lids)or after? thanks a lot, you are the most helpful with my Obagi regimen.
janegd
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:00 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
janegd wrote:

Thank you very much indeed, Rileygirl! But one more question: When you say alternative days to use Exfoderm, does it mean Exfoderm can be used without clear? I thought they the must pairing stuffs, aren't they?

Additionally, for eye creame, is it OK if I apply eye creame (from other label) before I apply clear (since I want to apply obagi on my lids)or after? thanks a lot, you are the most helpful with my Obagi regimen.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:22 am      Reply with quote
janegd wrote:

Exfoderm and Clear are used on alternating days on maintenance. The only "pair" is Retin A mixed with the Blender. Eye cream is fine (any eye cream) but you want to use it after the products, not before. Hope that helps!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rileygirl,
I'd forgotten about that darned Exfoderm until I read your post! Guess I better dig around for it. Don't know why I hadn't missed it...

Maintenance seems to be going well without it, but I definitely don't want to "undo" any of my results! Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hi Rileygirl,
I'd forgotten about that darned Exfoderm until I read your post! Guess I better dig around for it. Don't know why I hadn't missed it...

Maintenance seems to be going well without it, but I definitely don't want to "undo" any of my results! Thanks!

Kims, if your skin is doing good without it, you may just want to skip it. If you want to use it, I would say try for only once a week. I do not like the Exfoderm and am not convinced that it is a necessity on maintenance to be honest with you. (This is just my own unprofessional opinion!! Laughing)
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:53 am      Reply with quote
I think once a week would be fine for the Exfoderm while on maintenance. The effects of Obagi do seem to be cumulative as I feel like my skin is looking better after all these months. I continue the retin a on a nightly basis and will do so until I reach a year of consistent use (April 2010). With my skin, it may take even longer! So far so good, at this point. Not perfect, but doubt it will ever be.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:17 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
janegd wrote:

Exfoderm and Clear are used on alternating days on maintenance. The only "pair" is Retin A mixed with the Blender. Eye cream is fine (any eye cream) but you want to use it after the products, not before. Hope that helps!

Thank you Rileygirl. I guess I have had too many questions, but, argan oil should be used before the products, am i correct? Thanks!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:15 am      Reply with quote
janegd wrote:

Thank you Rileygirl. I guess I have had too many questions, but, argan oil should be used before the products, am i correct? Thanks!

No, not too many questions, at all janegd! If you are using the Argan oil around your eyes, I would still apply that after all the other products, otherwise, you are diminishing the effects from the Nu Derm products. Hope that helps.

Kims, that is great that your skin continues to improve! I am very happy for you!
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:50 am      Reply with quote
I'm on obagi maintenance and use Exfoderm (Forte) and Obagi Blend-Fx (with arbutin) + Retin A just once every other day.

So on the off days I use a 10% vit c serum in the AM plus Boots Protect and Perfect Serum (Matrixyl 3000) in the PM.

Dee
janegd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:37 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
janegd wrote:

No, not too many questions, at all janegd! If you are using the Argan oil around your eyes, I would still apply that after all the other products, otherwise, you are diminishing the effects from the Nu Derm products. Hope that helps.

Kims, that is great that your skin continues to improve! I am very happy for you!

thanks a lot, Rileygirl. I am starting flaking again with more retin-a application, and, somehow it starts irritating my face, especially the area around my eyes...good or not??? anyway, i should suppose this is good...
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:44 am      Reply with quote
The flaking is fine (what most people get, actually!). If your eye area is irritated, just use a very, very tiny amount in that area and maybe only use it around your eyes a few nights a week to start. You will eventually be able to build up to nightly use around the eyes.
lifecoach
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I think I am doing maintenance wrong Shock

I use the Obagi range 4 times a week (every day), and then take 3 days off and use other products.

Should I be doing it every other day?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:55 am      Reply with quote
lifecoach wrote:
I think I am doing maintenance wrong Shock

I use the Obagi range 4 times a week (every day), and then take 3 days off and use other products.

Should I be doing it every other day?

The normal maintenance is every other day, lifecoach, but if what you are doing it working, keep doing what you're doing!
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
How can I judge when to be on maintaince? I have re-started Obagi in March 2009, and just ordered a net set from EDS.

I am trying to reduce the pore size on my nose, but still can't see much difference.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
How can I judge when to be on maintaince? I have re-started Obagi in March 2009, and just ordered a net set from EDS.

I am trying to reduce the pore size on my nose, but still can't see much difference.

Critic, Nu Derm is usually used daily for 18 weeks, and then you go on maintenance. Are you using all the products daily since March? If so, I would definitely say to go on maintenance!
janegd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:21 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl, I have more questions here...sorry that I have to bother you again and again Smile

When you say we use clear every other day then Exdorderm alternative days for maintainence, do you mean we can use normal moisturizer after these two, or, we only use these two products. In this case, even during maintainence period, we could not get back to our routine skincare, did i understand correctly?

And, for night, you say we use blender + retin A 3-5 times a week, then the other nights we may use ordinary skincare stuffs, right? But, if I want to keep retin A every night, can i use other moistrizer after that?

thanks a lot for your kind helps and patience.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:19 am      Reply with quote
janegd wrote:
Rileygirl, I have more questions here...sorry that I have to bother you again and again Smile

When you say we use clear every other day then Exdorderm alternative days for maintainence, do you mean we can use normal moisturizer after these two, or, we only use these two products. In this case, even during maintainence period, we could not get back to our routine skincare, did i understand correctly?

And, for night, you say we use blender + retin A 3-5 times a week, then the other nights we may use ordinary skincare stuffs, right? But, if I want to keep retin A every night, can i use other moistrizer after that?

You can use a moisturizer after the Exfoderm and Clear if you want, janegd. You can use your other products when you are on maintenance, whatever products you want. And, you can use a moisturizer after RA, as well (wait 60 minutes and then apply a moisturizer). But, remember, the whole purpose of Obagi is to get your skin back to a very healthy state, and you should find that you don't need a moisturizer every day and night. I don't mind the questions at all, and hope I am helping here!
janegd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
janegd wrote:

You can use a moisturizer after the Exfoderm and Clear if you want, janegd. You can use your other products when you are on maintenance, whatever products you want. And, you can use a moisturizer after RA, as well (wait 60 minutes and then apply a moisturizer). But, remember, the whole purpose of Obagi is to get your skin back to a very healthy state, and you should find that you don't need a moisturizer every day and night. I don't mind the questions at all, and hope I am helping here!

Thanks, Rileygirl, you are the most helpful for sure. So, according to your opinion, after Obagi, our skin can adjust to weather, external environments etc. by itself that we do not actually need extra moisturizer even in the mornings or nights when we do not apply Obagi maintenence products. am i right? It sounds very interesting for me since I have never expect some day I can finally clear all the different stuffs from my bathroom cabinets!
janegd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
BTA, Rileygril, as I just posted a new question on borad, I wonder if we should use Obagi with Hydroquinone or without. is there any difference in terms of effects? Thanks a lot
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl and all,

I have used all products from Obagi, including Retin-A for my eye areas. I was hoping to diminish the fine lines. So far, no improvment and the lines are actually deepen. Shall I continuous or try using other brand eye-cream?
janegd
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:50 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
rileygirl and all,

I have used all products from Obagi, including Retin-A for my eye areas. I was hoping to diminish the fine lines. So far, no improvment and the lines are actually deepen. Shall I continuous or try using other brand eye-cream?

Hi, Critic, so far, i did not stop using retin A and other Obagi products under eyes. At first, it was terrible, driness, irritation, and very thin skin and deeper lines. But i found that the situation is better since last night ( I was with Obagi for three weeks, retin A for about 10 days). i wouls not say it is improved, but it is already recovered , i mean get back to where I was. I guess maybe this is the process, like anywhere on out face? it gets to be worse before being better. So, I am expecting to have improvements seen under my eyes. It is interesting, I almost can find seomthing new on my face every day since I started Obagi...

I know people are different, but for me, I will definitely continue using obagi and retin A under my eyes from now on.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |