Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Has anyone used the Xtend-Life products (Cynergy TK)?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I'm very tempted to try the Xtend-Life Cynergy TK products. I read that functional keratin contains zinc and copper protein complexes which can help with skin elasticity.....sounds like the same concept as some other treatments such Obagi Elasitderm and Relastin but a lot more reasonably priced!

Anyone tried it? Liked it not?

TIA,

Dee Smile
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:12 am      Reply with quote
I've used the Pure Source products (day/night creams) with Cynergy TK for about a week now, but stopped because they just aren't moisturizing enough for me this time of year. Perhaps they will work better for me in the summer months. A week isn't long enough to see any effects, so unfortunately I can't really help much there, but definitely no wow factor right away.

I actually ordered the Elastiderm product that lipglossdoll uses and am hoping it will be more moisturizing while also helping with the elastin problems. I'll report back after I've used that one for a while.
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:11 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
I've used the Pure Source products (day/night creams) with Cynergy TK for about a week now, but stopped because they just aren't moisturizing enough for me this time of year. Perhaps they will work better for me in the summer months. A week isn't long enough to see any effects, so unfortunately I can't really help much there, but definitely no wow factor right away.

I actually ordered the Elastiderm product that lipglossdoll uses and am hoping it will be more moisturizing while also helping with the elastin problems. I'll report back after I've used that one for a while.

Thanks for your honest feedback. Suppose any product will take a while to see results.

Also did you mean the Elastica Bounceback Cream that lipglossdoll mentioned or Elastiderm which is an Obagi product? Had a look at that Elastica cream which was not badly priced on one site, but then the shipping costs were as much as the product itself!

Dee
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Dee28 wrote:
Thanks for your honest feedback. Suppose any product will take a while to see results.

Also did you mean the Elastica Bounceback Cream that lipglossdoll mentioned or Elastiderm which is an Obagi product? Had a look at that Elastica cream which was not badly priced on one site, but then the shipping costs were as much as the product itself!

Dee

Ha! Thanks for pointing out that I wrote the wrong name down. I was researching all of these at the same time and got them mixed up. I ordered the Elastica Bounceback cream from their main website and got it for $59.99 plus free FedEx shipping. Here's the link:

http://www.elastica.tv/
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:

Ha! Thanks for pointing out that I wrote the wrong name down. I was researching all of these at the same time and got them mixed up. I ordered the Elastica Bounceback cream from their main website and got it for $59.99 plus free FedEx shipping. Here's the link:

http://www.elastica.tv/

Thanks Tamgirl. That was actually the site I went to before but the shipping was an extra $60 to the UK. Sad

Might just try the Cynergy TK product from Xtend-Life because that was only $40 including shipping.

But thanks again for your help and feedback. Smile

Dee
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I didn't realize you were in the UK. Right after I finished writing my second post on this my Elastica was delivered. I look forward to trying it for the 8 weeks they recommend and see if there really is any difference.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Sorry, I didn't realize you were in the UK. Right after I finished writing my second post on this my Elastica was delivered. I look forward to trying it for the 8 weeks they recommend and see if there really is any difference.

I will definitely be watching for your report on this, Tamgirl. I held off, as I would like to hear from more people on the product. Can't wait for your review!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
TAMgirl99 wrote:

I'm still in search of a HG moisturizer so I thought this might be a good one to try, now that the Pure Source isn't as moisturizing as I'd hoped. I love CeraVe cream for a basic moisturizer as well, but I'd still like to find one that has some good anti-aging properties to it. Since lipglossdoll has used this so long, I figured it was worth a go. The before and after pics are pretty impressive too!

I will definitely be watching for your report on this, Tamgirl. I held off, as I would like to hear from more people on the product. Can't wait for your review!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:

Would you please give me a link for the Elastica.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:

Ha, what a coincidence! Very Happy

Hope the product does good things for your skin, please keep us posted.

Dee
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
TAMgirl99 wrote:

I used this one:

www.elastica.tv
havana8

Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the Xtend Eye Contour Gel at least once a day, sometimes twice, usually in the morning since June. The packaging is a squeeze tube and the product's texture is more that of a light emulsion or lotion than a gel. I like that there is no real scent to speak of and it appears to be fairly benign as far as any kind of skin sensitivity goes. Initially I do found it moisturizing enough for my under eye area (it says not to use on the lids) but often by the afternoon I notice that while the skin feels moist, it often looks as if it needs hydration. (I hate that and one of the reasons I find it an unsuccessful product for me.) For the last month or so, I've been mixing a bit of the Xtend eye with other stuff and noticed that the later-in-the-day look no longer occurs. As far as results go, following application there is no immediate effect that I can see and long term, there's been no lessening of fine lines or even a reduction in slight puffiness or slight darkness. I suppose it could be that I need to give it more time? I am undecided about finishing the product but it is unlikely I will re-purchase unless something changes between now and then assuming I continue with it. Of course, that's just me and you may have better results.

In case it's helpful, here is the ingredient listing as written on the tube:

Xtendlife Eye Contour Gel
Ingredients: Aqua (Purified Water), Glycerin, Hydrolysed Keratin, Honey Extract, Polysorbate 20, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate / Isopropyl, Myristate, Alpha Tocopherol, Aqua / Glycerin / Hesperidine Methyl Chacon / Steareth-20 / Dipeptide-2 / Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3, Aqua / Glycerin / Steareth-20 / Hydroxysuccinimide / Chrysin / Palmitoyl Oligopeptide / Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Phenoxyethanol / Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Orbignya Oleifera, Lecithin / Tocopheryl, Acetate / Ubiquinone / Alcohol / Aqua, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract / Sorbitol / Aqua, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer

I also have the Age Defense Active Body Lotion and find it very light and much thinner (think runny!) than you would think for a product coming from a tube but it is fragrance free, pleasant enough and absorbs well. The problem I have with it is that it is simply not hydrating/moisturizing enough for areas of dry skin. It is unlikely that I would re-purchase especially at that price for 5oz.

Xtendlife Age Defense Active Body Lotion
Ingredients: Aqua (Purified Water), Ceteareth-6 Olivate, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Hydrolysed Keratin, Glycerin / Aqua / Undaria Pinnatifida Extract, Cyclomethicone, Simmondsia Chinesis, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Butyrospermum Parkii, Honey Extract, Phenoxyethanol / Ethylhexylglycerin, D-Panthenol, Lecithin / Tocopherol, Acetate / Ubiquinone / Alcohol / Aqua, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer

Bottom line—I really wanted to like both but would have to say they were misses for me.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:26 am      Reply with quote
I have used them and had seen no positive effect whatsoever (whitening day, night and eye creams).

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Havana and Sigma for your feedback, that is disappointing to say the least. Sad

The fact that the eye cream has cynergy tk AND matrixyl (3000), sounded as though it would be a super effective product. Sorry it hasn't delivered good results for you Havana.

Now I'm torn between Xtend-Life (mostly because it's afforable) and Elastica (which is rather expensive but appears to be effective). Confused

Dee
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:35 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Frodo wrote:
TAMgirl99 wrote:

I used this one:

www.elastica.tv

Sure hope after you have used this for a bit you will start a thread on Elastica and are able to give us a glowing A+ review.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Sure hope after you have used this for a bit you will start a thread on Elastica and are able to give us a glowing A+ review.

You and me both Frodo! Very Happy
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Think I may have found an Elastica alternative for those of us on a budget.

It's a cream by Forticelle called Elastogenesis. It appears to work the same as Elastica cream by stimulating elastin, but it's a fraction of the price!

Is this too good to be true?

http://www.innerbeautyrevealed.com/servlet/the-307/Elastogenesis-Firming-MOISTURIZER-SPF15/Detail

Dee
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Dee28 wrote:
Think I may have found an Elastica alternative for those of us on a budget.

It's a cream by Forticelle called Elastogenesis. It appears to work the same as Elastica cream by stimulating elastin, but it's a fraction of the price!

Is this too good to be true?

http://www.innerbeautyrevealed.com/servlet/the-307/Elastogenesis-Firming-MOISTURIZER-SPF15/Detail

Dee

If you are interested in Forticelle products, you may want to look at this:

http://www.forticelle.com/

Or here: http://www.pg100.com/riutort/resources/designs/forticelle/index.htm

I also found a short discussion about Forticelle(from February 2008 through to May 2009) on Make Me Heal which can be viewed here:

http://messageboards.makemeheal.com/skin-care-reviews/anyone-try-forticelle-elastica-t74373.html

The primary ingredient of interest in this line of products is Hydrolyzed Elastin Peptides. HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:

If you are interested in Forticelle products, you may want to look at this:

http://www.forticelle.com/

Or here: http://www.pg100.com/riutort/resources/designs/forticelle/index.htm

I also found a short discussion about Forticelle(from February 2008 through to May 2009) on Make Me Heal which can be viewed here:

http://messageboards.makemeheal.com/skin-care-reviews/anyone-try-forticelle-elastica-t74373.html

The primary ingredient of interest in this line of products is Hydrolyzed Elastin Peptides. HTH

Thanks Lacey!

Had a look at the Forticelle links. Really impressed with the science behind it (same guy who helped develop the Elastica product according to MissJ on the MMH thread). Great before and afters too. Not sure if the products are available for purchase online (at least not to the general public).

Dee
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Great find, Dee. At those $9.99 prices, it would be crazy not to try them. So, I've ordered the moisturizer, body lotion, eye cream, and cleanser. You can order from this page:
http://www.innerbeautyrevealed.com/servlet/the-ELASTOGENESIS/Categories
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Great find, Dee. At those $9.99 prices, it would be crazy not to try them. So, I've ordered the moisturizer, body lotion, eye cream, and cleanser. You can order from this page:

Skippie, please do a review after you have used the products for a while. I am curious about this product line!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Will do, Riley.
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:

I just ordered the moisturizer!

Dee
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:53 am      Reply with quote
They shipped the products almost as soon as I hit the order button, so I should be able to report back fairly soon.

Dee, did you get the moisturizer with the SPF? I was disappointed the moisturizer for normal/oily didn't indicate it has SPF.
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:

Dee, did you get the moisturizer with the SPF? I was disappointed the moisturizer for normal/oily didn't indicate it has SPF.

Yes, I ordered the SPF moisturizer.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |