Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
LED and copper peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:10 am      Reply with quote
I want to try GHK copper peptides with my LED. I would like opinions on which product you think would be more effective if used prior to treatments or if you see any ingredient which would prevent the LED from doing its thing.

PSF Bio-Copper Serum

Aqua (Distilled Water), BioGen-Cu™ (Copper Peptides), Propylene Glycol, Sodium PCA, B-Glucaderm™ (Beta Glucan), Phenoxyethanol, Inositol, Hydroxyethylcellulose

Skin Biology Super GHK-Copper Serum

Purified water, aloe barbadensis leaf juice (aloe vera) gel, hydroxyethylcellulose, glycerin, Copper Tripeptide-1 (GHK-Cu), polysorbate 20, allantoin, propylene glycol (and) diazolidinyl urea (and) methylparaben (and) propylparaben, tocophersolan (Vitamin E), glycine, fragrance

The other alternative is to purchase copper peptides from skinactives and make my own serum, although I'm not sure from the description that's its pure CPs either.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skippie - I use skinbiology's copper peptide serum with LED's and have had no problems. Again, it helps somewhat with the neck but is not a cure all. A couple years back bought skinactive's copper peptides and did not have any success with them. DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, DiPhx. It's very helpful to know that you didn't have any luck with the skinactives CPs. I like the idea of using PSF's, because someone (doodlebug, I think) said it contains a higher percentage of CPs than Skin Biology.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:51 am      Reply with quote
Skippie, I use the Skin Biology Super Cop serum with LED's...no problems at all. I apply my green tea before my LED treatment and the CP's afterwards.

HTH

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Rebecca. I need to find the study that was done on LEDs and GHK CPs, but I thought the CPs were applied prior to treatment.
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Thanks, Rebecca. I need to find the study that was done on LEDs and GHK CPs, but I thought the CPs were applied prior to treatment.

Hi skippie; this might be the study you are looking for:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17603859

The authors state that Light-emitting diode photoirradiation (LED-PI) and copper-glycyl-L-histidyl-L-lysine complex (Cu-GHK) treatment may be useful in accelerating the rate of wound healing. Red LED (625-635 nm) was used as a light source for LED-PI.

Conclusion: Light-emitting diode photoirradiation (LED-PI) maintained human fibroblast viability and increased collagen synthesis when applied by itself. In the combinative stimulation for in vitro collagen production (when LED-PI was followed by Cu-GHK-supplied incubation), stimulated cells showed increased bFGF secretion, P1CP production, and COL1 expression, compared to the LED-PI treatment alone.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure if you have seen these, Skippie, but thought you may be interested.

http://reverseskinaging.com/copperpeptideactions.html

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/fulltext/122474264/PDFSTART?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:

Yes...I knew this, but as I had jumped straight into using Super CP serum ( I didn't work my way up) I was concerned that using the LED after might cause irritation or something...I guess, I could think about changing this now as I have been using them more than 8 weeks??

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:16 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Not sure if you have seen these, Skippie, but thought you may be interested.

http://reverseskinaging.com/copperpeptideactions.html

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/fulltext/122474264/PDFSTART?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0

I'm not sure why but the second article keeps giving me a cookie error message which is crazy because my browsers are all set to accept cookies.

I've ordered the PSF product and will try it out with the LED.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Skippie - is there any specific reason you ordered the PSF copper peptides instead of the skinbiology's?? Did you fina an article that showed PSF had a higher concentration of copper
etc?? thx DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Two reasons, DiPhx:

1) It's cheaper per ounce than Skin Biology's - especially when I factored in the 15% discount I receive from EDS.

2) I found a discussion on EDS where doodlebug said that PSF contains 2% GHK-Cu and SkinBiology only uses 1%.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thx Skippie - will have to do a little research.
Have been using the skinbiology copper peptides and purchasing the 4oz container. Those have lasted for over a year and skinbiology said they work best when used every other night instead of every night but thank for the info - DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
DiPhx,

I think you may be using the second generation of CPs, whereas I'm using the first generation.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie - that must be the difference - thx for pointing that out! DiPhx

5% products discount

Tue May 11, 2010 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure I'm understanding the info in this thread.

I usually use green tea serum prior to doing LED treatment. I also use copper peptides (Skin Signals), but not as part of the LED treatment.

Can you use CPs prior to LED treatment? Does it give a better result if putting it on prior to an LED treatment? Would you apply it before or after applying the green tea serum?

TIA!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
You can apply CP's before doing the LED treatment - I'd use the CP's alone - You will not want to change the reaction of the product by combining.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |