Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
PSF Skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2005 3:59 am      Reply with quote
I recently ordered the C serum and a sample kit for dry/normal skin from PSF skincare.
Darren was really helpful and the customer service very good.

The C serum is in a Hylauronic acid base and the Vit C is stabilised and encapsulated. This means it is clear and has a non watery consistency which makes it easier to apply and much more moisturising than SC or Cellex C, rather like the Vivier serums but I felt it had a less 'greasy' feel to it. It also means I don't have to buy a seperate B5/Hylauronic serum to go over the top!:O)
It is pleasant to use and seems to do the job (good way of testing the efficiency of a C product - cut an apple in half - coat one cut half with the C product and leave the other as a 'control'. A good C serum/product will keep the apple looking fresh and as good as when you cut it even hours later when the other untreated half is brown and wrinkly!!!!)

The samples I got were of the Green Tea cleanser, R & R Toning Mist, Eye Cream, Perfecting Lotion, C serum and Oxygen serum.
So far I've used the Cleanser, toner and eye cream (I introduce one product at a time to make sure I'm not reacting etc).
The cleanser and toner are lovely - really hydrating and refreshing without making my skin feel oily or not cleansed (great after being outside all weekend in the sun and wind where despite copious amounts of SPF my skin although not burnt felt a bit tight and dry), the eye cream is fabulous! I love it!!! The texture is rich but not heavy and my skin felt smooth and any dehydration lines disappeared! I will definitely be getting a full size of it!!!
[/i]

Mon May 09, 2005 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Laughing I can just see half the forum members running out to buy apples tomorrow to test out their C serums! That sounds really interesting though - where did you read about this and any chance you know why that is the case?

I'm glad you're liking the vit C serum and eye cream. I bought a sample pack of PSF stuff about a week back so I should be receiving it this week sometime Very Happy I was hoping that the serum wouldn't be too watery as I prefer the Vivier texture so I'm glad to hear that you've found it similar to that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2005 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy,
We did it as an experiment at college when I was doing my Beauty training and I've since seen it used on QVCUK for Tovas anhydrous C cream.
Basically it works just like the lemon juice on fruit idea - sprinkle lemon juice on apples and it slows down oxidation/browning. I tried this method with several C products when I found out about this. I always test a new one this way - I've found some drug store varieties to be practically pointless just slowing the oxidation by 15mins or so the more clinical lines like PSF/Cellex/SC/Vivier that slow it down by hours!!!
It does for the apple what it does for your skin - prevents the formation of free radicals and oxidization - I have to say when you see a product do this its evidence that it is doing something for your skin! Worth 'wasting' a few drops!!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2005 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia
What does this oxegenating serum do? I can't access their website (my problem not theirs). Sounds new.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2005 2:45 am      Reply with quote
From the website:- Very Happy
O2 Rescue Serum™

Skin Rejuvenating Oxygen Treatment

Pure Oxygen Serum. A stabilized form of highly bio-available liquid oxygen that begins to heal & repair skin on contact. Delivers large volumes of active, stabilized oxygen deep into the dermis of the skin. Stimulates cell renewal & repair.

Oxygen facials are one of the hottest things right now in the skin care industry. Oxygen therapy is the skin care choice of many Hollywood celebrities and plastic surgeons. Why? A fad? No! Because they realize its enormous benefits for the skin. O2 Rescue Serum™ contains a scientifically complex carbon molecule which replicates the blood's ability to carry oxygen and biologically active substances into the skin cells. Until very recently, this technology was only available to the specialized medical professional. Oxygen Serum has been used in hospital burn units since the late 1990's & to keep removed tissue oxygenated & alive for skin grafting.

Most other oxygen skin care products available today make use of Hydrogen Peroxide to oxygenate the skin. But without very specific & foreign enzymes being present on the skin, this creates an unstable, rogue oxygen molecule - a free radical. Our O2 Rescue Serum™ contains stabilized oxygen. It does not produce free radicals - it fights them!

So how does this benefit the skin? It transports large amounts of vital oxygen into tissues, accelerating regeneration of skin cells. It also has an anti-inflammatory effect, heals micro-fractures & micro-fissures and can increase the content of collagen & elastin in the skin.
Oxygen is chemically inert, and therefore will not produce any type of allergic reaction. It is scientifically impossible. Oxygen Serum transports huge volumes of oxygen to tissues, thus activating tissue-breathing processes, and allowing for more effective penetration of other active ingredients such as peptides, vitamins, and botanicals.
Our O2 Rescue Serum™ contains the highest amount of Pure Oxygen Serum (>99.8%) available to the general public. O2 Rescue Serum™ also kills anaerobic bacteria on contact, without irritation or drying of the skin. Hence, this product is ideal for the treatment of acne for those who are looking for an alternative to the harsh effects of benzoyl peroxide on the skin.

But the most exciting data on O2 Rescue Serum™ is this....Oxygen Serum appears to actually slow down the visible aging process of the skin. Skin ages when cells die and an equal number of cells are not regenerated to replace them. Data from scientific studies shows that Oxygen Serum appears to keep skin cells alive longer, giving the body time to regenerate new cells before the old ones die. By continuing this process, over time, you can virtually “slow down time” and the skin’s aging process, thus appearing to “turn back time” in regard to the natural aging timeline of the skin.

Pure, stabilized oxygen serum
Deliver large volumes of stable, active oxygen deep into the skin
Kill anaerobic bacteria on contact
Increase cell respiration and regeneration
Improve the delivery of active ingredients into the skin
Inhibit collagen & elastin loss
Extend the life expectancy of skin cells

To use: Apply to freshly cleansed, dry skin once daily. Allow product to dry completely, then reapply a second time for total saturation.

Hope that helps!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2005 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Can you get PSF products online? Will they ship to the UK?! Smile

*Edit* Doh just found a link to their website in another thread!

Would you say this Vit C serum would be better than celluarskinrx as PSF one contains HA too?

Z
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2005 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Zoe,
The shipping to the UK was standard I think and was pretty quick - Darren is great about keeping you informed on your orders progress etc too.

I haven't used cellularskinrx so can't really comment but I prefer it to Cellex C, Vivier and Skinceuticals! It's not as drying as Cellex or Skinceuticals and doesn't feel as 'oily' as Vivier. I prefer it as it has the hylauronic acid so I don't need the extra layer or extra bottle of the B5. I find it's as good as the two combined personally.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2005 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Sounds great! Thanks for your reply Smile

Z
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2005 6:58 am      Reply with quote
I may give this a whirl when my cellularskin runs out (which will be sooner rather than later, since I dropped the bottle Mad )

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2005 4:20 am      Reply with quote
Just to say I have now tried all the products - the Skin perfecting lotion and the O2 serum - the lotion ws nice and light but hydrating the O2 serum sample is v small so I won't be able to tell if the claims above are true BUT - it applies easily (I used it at night) and in the morning my skin looked brighter and refreshed - I'm definitely going to order the full sizes of the eye cream and the O2 when Pay day comes around again!:O)

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2005 9:07 am      Reply with quote
The eye cream is really really nice! I tried a sample and was quite impressed!
littlepac

Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm kinda new to this site and am not real big on the "chemistry" of products but I can tell you that I got a sample pack with one of the O2 Serum when I ordered a PSF Cleanser on a wim off of an Ebay store and when I was trying to find out more information on the line I was so excited to find this site!! I actually used the Oz serum after I burned myself cooking Sad and it instantly took the pain and redness away Very Happy !! I do have experience working in the industry and have spent alot of money on prestigious lines but I am very pleased with the products from this line and will be buying more. Just wanted to share... Razz
Mabsy

Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:17 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried all the products yet but I have been using the papaya cleanser (which I really like and will buy in full size in the future) and the eye cream which I'm on the fence about (feels a bit too greasy on me, I'm guessing I don't need that much moisture). The face spritz, which I bought a full size of to begin with when I bought the samples, is very good as well and I will buy that again (it smells like cucumber so if you don't like that smell then this is not for you Smile).

Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
I tried a sample of both eye creams and have to agree that the one is a bit too moisturizing for me as well but the Phyto-Lift Cranberry Eye Gel is really nice. I am hoping that it will help with my dark circles Cool , it is very nice and not greasy at all and now that I am 30 I really want to stop the thinning of my skin around the delicate eye area Laughing .
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I am using the O2 serum right now. I use it under my other "actives" like Retin A at night. I can tell it makes a difference in that the Retin A is more effective-more potent- when I put the O2 serum on underneath. Also I have noticed my complexion looks nice after using it. I have not been using it long enough to comment on the anti aging stuff though but I'll keep you posted.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
lily wrote:
I am using the O2 serum right now. I use it under my other "actives" like Retin A at night. I can tell it makes a difference in that the Retin A is more effective-more potent- when I put the O2 serum on underneath. Also I have noticed my using it. I have not been using it long enough to comment on the anti aging stuff though but I'll keep you posted.

I was interested in trying this, but just forgot until now. Thanks for the reminder. Very Happy
Do you just put it under you actives, or do you apply it under and over? Also, what do you mean by "complexion looks nice after using it"? Do you mean it is brighter, or more even, or clear....?

Thanks Lily Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
I mean my complexion looks brighter and my skin tone looks more even (I don't have a problem with breakouts anymore- touch wood!). I tried Prevage which I found did nothing for me and the results I'm getting with the O2 serum are sort of what I expected with Prevage!

Darren told me I could use it under my actives and also put a bit over top if I was so inclined. He said it helps the actives penetrate deeper. Sometimes I just apply it under and then sometimes both under and over. (The consistancy is just like water so it is great applying it under things.)

I'm really liking using it far and will repurchase once I use up what I have. I hope that helps.
Mabsy

Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Ok, now for my update.

I just finished using the sample of the PSF eye cream - yes, it took *that* long. A little really goes a long way. While I think this is a good eye cream, I still haven't changed my mind about it. It is too rich for me but would be very nice for someone with a drier eye area than mine. Having said that, I still used it all up and did not have a problem with any millia or anything like that. I just find that it makes my eye area feel a little bit greasy. I think I'd get this for my mum once she uses up her Shiseido Benefiance eye cream (also very rich, but thicker in texture).

I really like both the PSF cleansers. In fact, I still don't really know which one I'd buy if I were to buy one (I also didn't get to use enough of them to decide - more on that later). I started using the Papaya gel one first and liked that, but then also liked the richer green tea one. I think I'd be leaning towards the green tea one. It was really good at removing makeup and seemed to really calm down my face (even though it's not inflamed or irritated, it still looked more even somehow).

I haven't tried the vit C yet but I have used up the O2 serum. The texture was nice but I didn't see any results with it. This is not a critique of it - I don't believe you can see visible results out of a serum like that in three days. For me it would be more of a preventative serum if anything.

I have also tried both the moisturisers and also like both Rolling Eyes They are quite light, actually I get the impression that the perfecting one is lighter than the balancing one (texture wise) which is a little bit odd given that the perfecting one is for dry skin. Both moisturisers left my skin smooth and silky but I'm leaning towards the balancing one (felt smoother).

The one criticism that I have is about packaging. This is the first time that I have bought samples that have come in a little shallow flip-top plastic "thingy" (sorry, that's the best I can do). The problem with that is that the product inside is all over the bottom and top part of the container. So, you open it up, scoop some up, close it - and while you're closing it half of it gets squeezed out through the back where the hinge of the top is. That was really annoying and I lost heaps of cleanser and moisturiser that way - they are not liquidy enough to settle on the bottom even if you have left it lying level on your shelf. Even knowing what the problem was and trying to pre-empt it didn't really work - I just couldn't close it without stuff getting out. In the end I had to take a qtip and scoop product off the top and place it in the bottom part - that was better though still not 100%. I ended up transferring the eye cream to another container otherwise I would have lost half of that too. Ok, so that was my little rant. Sorry, I know it's just sample packaging but I found it a tad annoying that I was wasting the very stuff I wanted to try Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy,
Thank you for your advice about the packaging of the samples. You are the first person to voice a concern about it, but honestly I have to say that I don't think that they are the most functional either. When they were pitched to us, I just thought they were so sleek & unusual looking, that we went ahead with them mainly based on aesthetics.
We'll have to look into changing the packaging of the samples at some point. I hate those little envelopes with a tiny squirt of lotion in them. They're always all full of air. Mad Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Darren
PS - If you are on the fence about the cleansers, let me know & we can send you some extra samples of them to try a bit more.

Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
I don't see a physical address nor a phone number listed on psf website? If someone can direct me, that would be great.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
mtview,
Here you go:
http://www.psfskincare.com/contactus.htm

Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Smile

Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Darren - fully agree with you on the esthetics of the sample packaging. I haven't seen anything like that before and I do think it looks sleek and unique. Just not practical - it may have something to do with shipping the samples, perhaps they just don't travel well. If you keep these level and the product doesn't touch the top then there should be no problems.

To be honest, I don't really have any practical suggestions (not very helpful hey? sorry!). I know that jars might be too pricy and tubes could be hard to fill. If I had a choice I'd go with tubes but like I said, not sure if it can be done. I don't really like those pouch type containers either.

Thanks for the offer to send out more cleanser samples. I think once I finish the cleansers I have at the moment I'll just go with the green tea one. I keep thinking it will be too rich in the long term but I can't argue with how nice it made my face feel so I'll give it a go Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:07 am      Reply with quote
mario badescue (sp) samples come in asthetically pleasing yet practical containers. If the cost is an issue, why not make a small charge to cover the cost of containers and postage? I'm always happy to pay for samples if they are useable amounts and not in those stupid sachets (every time I open one, it squirts everywhere Mad )

Liz Cool

Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Off the topic of samples - just had a look at the PSF website and saw that they have a new pumpkin enzyme mask! Drool It sounds really yummy! It's also one of their 20% off products for July. I'm really tempted - someone PLEASE stop me! I don't need any more masks at the moment (plus the shipping costs the same as the mask for me - love Australia but can we please tow it closer to everywhere else? Rolling Eyes ).

Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |