Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Jaclynaz
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:05 am      Reply with quote
You menttioned you took 40mgs but not of what it is you took Question
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Oh sorry haha - of the hyaluronic acid capsules. As of today I took 40mgs two nights ago, then 60mgs yesterday and 40mgs so far today - nothing new to report - disappointed.
Jaclynaz
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
I think you need to give it more time you want to make sure that the supplement also contains Hydrolyzed Collagen Type I. That seems to work better. I take H.A.Joint & Skin Super Formula by Purity Products. I buy it on line.
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think it contains the collagen but I was going by what CareKate said at the beginning of this chain where she just used the HA. If it doesn't work, I guess I will try to find the one with collagen. But tonight I am planning to take 40 more mgs which will give me 80 for the day. Hopefully that will do something. Has anyone had it fill out wrinkles around the eyes, etc? I am using DMAE gel on my skin, just got it and it is said to work really well for tightening the skin.
This is a great forum!
Jaclynaz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Where did you purchase your DMAE gel and what brand is it?
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:25 am      Reply with quote
The brand is GoW. It's 5% DMAE amine - which is supposed to be the better form. My skin looks smoother and more radiant but I don't see much of a tightening effect yet.

Wow it seems nothing works on me - nothing yet on the hyaluronic acid capsules either. I am up to 80mgs per day and nada! Have you had results??
Jaclynaz
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:33 am      Reply with quote
I will have to google and read more about topical DMAE. I did not have results from the capsules at first but now I am really noticing a difference that is why I said you have to give it time it is not instant gratification it is working from the inside out. Although some of these ladies saw results pretty quickly we are all different
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Oh ok well that's good to know - how long did it take you to see something?
Jaclynaz
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Well it took a couple of months but some of these ladies saw a difference in just a few days. Also some supplements work better than others for different people. What I did was read what some of the other ladies have taken and tried those first.
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the info - will update when I see something
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I've been taking Vitacost Hyaluronic Acid with BioCell Collagen II* for about 3.5 months and I don't see or feel anything different. It's a big bottle so I'm going to continue until it's gone but I probably won't repurchase or continue taking HA w/collagen.

*per serving:
BioCell Collagen II - 1000 mg
Hydrolyzed Collagen Type II - 600 mg
Chondroitin Sulfate - 200 mg
Hyaluronic Acid (HA) - 100 mg
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Wow - that's a long time to see no results. I wonder why it works for some and not for others. I think you are taking the right stuff that worked for so many. I am just about out of my HA capsules and was going to go find the ones with biocell - now not sure if its worth it.
Jaclynaz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:50 am      Reply with quote
One thing you might be missing is dring lots of water. It is good for you anyway but it really helps when taking these capsules
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:50 am      Reply with quote
By golly, I think I am starting to see something. Not really in the lips, but my face looks really glowy and fuller somehow. Maybe this is the start. I am trying to drink at least 8 glasses of water, which is hard for me - I am so bad at that. I will keep you posted. Thanks for the tip!
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Also wondering how many mgs is safe to take daily. I am taking 80mgs but I see that some capsules are 100mgs. Is anyone taking those twice a day totaling 200mgs and is it ok?
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:52 am      Reply with quote
wrinklefreeforever wrote:
Also wondering how many mgs is safe to take daily. I am taking 80mgs but I see that some capsules are 100mgs. Is anyone taking those twice a day totaling 200mgs and is it ok?

If you're referring to my post, the amounts I gave are per serving, not per capsule. 2 capsules = one daily serving.
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I was - so thanks for clarifying. So it looks like I can boost mine to 100mgs and see how that goes. Just didn't want to O'd on these things lol.
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
I just got back from Whole Foods and bought the brand that most of the women who achieved success bought. Will keep you posted on my results with this new formula. Below is the brand and outline of what is inside:

Source Naturals - Skin Eternal - Hyaluronic Acid supplements for $11.49USD at Whole Foods for 30 capsules, ingredients (per capsule):
• Protein 1 g
• Calcium 140mg
• Biocell Collagen II yielding:
» Type II collagen 600 mg
» Chondroitin Sulfate 200 mg
» Hyaluronic Acid 100 mg
ReggieD

Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
I just got back from Whole Foods and bought the brand that most of the women who achieved success bought. Will keep you posted on my results with this new formula. Below is the brand and outline of what is inside:

Source Naturals - Skin Eternal - Hyaluronic Acid supplements for $11.49USD at Whole Foods for 30 capsules, ingredients (per capsule):
• Protein 1 g
• Calcium 140mg
• Biocell Collagen II yielding:
» Type II collagen 600 mg
» Chondroitin Sulfate 200 mg
» Hyaluronic Acid 100 mg

You can get that at vitacost for $7.31 (60 tablets for 13.73 and 120 tablets for 22.63)
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Wow that's awesome - thanks! If these work I will def buy more from Vitacost. Just wanted them right away! Have you had any results from this formulation? I was doing the straight HA and up to 80mgs and I do see softer skin over my whole body but nothing much else on the face as far as wrinkle reduction or plumper lips. Hoping this makes the difference.
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
Update: So took my second dose of the Source Naturals Skin Eternal and I am feeling a little light headed. I read online that glucosamine can raise blood sugar. Anyone else hear that or have an experience where their blood sugar was raised, because that can't be good for anyone. Just wondering. Feeling a little nervous now.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Update: So took my second dose of the Source Naturals Skin Eternal and I am feeling a little light headed. I read online that glucosamine can raise blood sugar. Anyone else hear that or have an experience where their blood sugar was raised, because that can't be good for anyone. Just wondering. Feeling a little nervous now.

Blood sugar peaks are not harmful unless you have diabetes or it is a regular thing, your pancreas will release extra insulin and 'push' it into your muscles, liver or (if those stores are full) convert it to fat. Elevated blood sugar does not generally cause light headedness, it's more likely to be low blood sugar, dehydration or you fighting off an infection. Are you taking the HA on an empty stomach or after food? Mixing with food in your stomach is a simple way to slow absorption if you remain concerned.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I am taking it with food. Trying it again today to see if that was just a one off and caused by something else. My concern with raised blood sugar and an insulin rush is that also causes weight gain. That is the whole success of diets like Atkins and people watching the glycemic index of foods. Basically, when you eat foods with a high glycemic index then it puts sugar in your blood causing an insulin rush which in turn causes you to store food as fat and not burn it as energy. So I am still researching how the glucosamine might be doing that and if it is doing that. Also, wondering if I need that in order to have the great effects of HA. I only tried this formula bc I heard great things about the biocell II, but not sure now. I will report back later to let you know if I still get the same rush.
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:38 am      Reply with quote
I have been doing some research and found most reports that glucosamine can cause insulin resistance and weight gain. This is very concerning to me and bc it seems that most people only saw the positive skin results by taking the supplements with the biocell II which includes the glucosamine. I am wondering if anyone has experienced weight gain. Uggg this is so confusing now. I don't want to jeopardize my health by putting myself at risk for diabetes II which can result from insulin resistance. And I certainly do NOT want to gain weight.
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Ladies - I just realized that there is no glucosamine in the skin eternal tablets that I am taking so basically there is no worry there. So dumb of me - I think I saw it in the other tablets and assumed with the chondroitin that it was there. So I will continue to take these and report results. I still wonder though why I had that weird reaction to them.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |