Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

treatment for stinky feet
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
This may be an embarrassing topic, but my fiance has the stinkiest feet! Confused
We tried Dr. Scholtz foot spray for athletes foot but that doesn't seem to help too much. Are there any strong creams or sprays to use to prevent this sort of problem?

Thanks

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Here are a few solutions that work. My husband has taken the chlorophyll tablets bought at a health food store and soaking his feet in tea,(tannic acid). They both worked for him.

Below in the following article it'll give you ideas for other treatments that have helped many of people with this issue.

Try them and see which one works best for your fiance.

http://www.healthcentral.com/static/pp/pdf_guides/smellyfeet2000.pdf

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
On the Dr Oz show he's talked a few times about soaking stinky feet in tea. I forget the details maybe if you search his site he has some info on it.
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
With respect to sweaty feet (which can lead to odour) I have found that replacing my usual cotton socks with Bamboo socks has made a big difference.

I picked up a pair of Calvin Klein bamboo socks when they were on sale (kind of a 'what the heck, might as well give them a try'). Liked them so much that I tossed all my cotton socks -which were due for replacement due to fading and wear spots anyway - and purchased several Bamboo pairs as replacements. So far the Bamboo washes really well (don't get that fade stripe down the top like I did with my other socks) and still keeps my feet feeling dryer than before I was using them.

Might be worth a try in conjunction with the other suggestions above
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:27 am      Reply with quote
Could be a fungus... he might want to go see the doctor for this one. a simple Rx cream could solve his problem Wink

A great tip is to try and wear flip-flops in common showering areas (gym, swimming pool). There is some nasty stuff you can pick up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:44 am      Reply with quote
My DH actually had the suggestion for this one, Apple cider vinegar.
He uses it to help soak the dead skin off before he has a pedicure or uses his clover foot file.
It really does help and can also aid with any topical fungus not needing a RX. Tea Tree oil is great as well to rub on/into the foot area.
I put some in a tub (enough to fully cover the feet) and let him soak them while watching TV, usually about 30 minutes. Word of warning, it does smell so we use old towels beneath the tub and once he washes it off.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:48 am      Reply with quote
have you tried thoroughly washing your feet at the end of each day? i know it seems obvious but i had the same problem years ago and it has never re-surfaced since i started taking extra care to wash them thoroughly with soap everyday in the shower... i just kinda missed washing them well in the past Razz
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried this method and it works. I clean my feet in the warm water and leave it for 5-10 mins, then try to remove dead cell all over your feet by scrubing.
havana8

Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Cupron produces odor-resistant anti-microbial copper socks, among other products, that supposedly eliminate the bacteria and fungi that cause foot odor. At $8.99 a pair, they might be worth a shot! Here's the link:
http://www.cupronsales.com/odor_fighting_socks_s/5.htm
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Tea tree oil rubbed on either feet or shoes (if they're the culprit) really works, but you have to do it daily.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Yes BC girl. Try Dr Mist. Its a body hygiene deoderant spray and is specifically for feet, underarms and guarantees odor free for 3 days. Although I've never tried the experiment of not bathing for 3 days; may come in handy if you're camping. Mr. Mist does have a website and you can purchase at shoppers drug mart.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Dr. Mist is a spray deodorant? Have you tried it on the underarms? I am always on the quest for a deo that doesn't turn at the end of a hot, humid day in Texas.
I have the DermaDoctor MedETate wipes but they are too expensive as far as a daily solution.
I found that the no odor hunting deodorant from the sports dept. store is the next best thing.
That might be something to try on the feet, the no odor wash that hunters use to remove all human scents, Cabellas' and Acadamy's have it.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:41 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Dr. Mist is a spray deodorant? Have you tried it on the underarms? I am always on the quest for a deo that doesn't turn at the end of a hot, humid day in Texas.
I have the DermaDoctor MedETate wipes but they are too expensive as far as a daily solution.
I found that the no odor hunting deodorant from the sports dept. store is the next best thing.
That might be something to try on the feet, the no odor wash that hunters use to remove all human scents, Cabellas' and Acadamy's have it.

Many do use it as deodorant but also for other things. Here's the Dr Mist thread, Annie:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=25317&highlight=dr+mist
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link, I went back and read that thread. Where the heck was I and how did I miss that!! Laughing
As I am always on the quest for a good alternative to deodorants of the traditional kind, I am going to order it and give it a try.
The MedETate is not economical on a daily basis so we'll give this one a run.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
That's pretty funny, Annie, and pretty unusual IMO as you know the forum like the back of your hand! Laughing You must have been on holiday at the time. Cool BTW, I forgot that there was also this one http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=25277&highlight=pick
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
I think I was moving at the time! But then I missed the second thread too. That's what I get for speed-reading posts.
I did order it today and am so excited! I will try it on my son's stinky hockey equipment as well, could make a great stocking stuffer.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |