Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermarolling for Product Penetration ONLY
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Sis, what's ELS?

I think it's ELS Serum, Every Lipid Serum from Skinactives.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Yes - that's what it is Smile Just used it tonight combined with Anti-oxidant booster after rolling face and hands.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the .5mm on my lips and using Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid (Low Molecular Weight), and Tretinoin afterward. Yes, it stings and I may be overdoing it but the results are surprising!

My lips are chronically dry. My lips are no longer as parched and crinkly as they tend to be. In fact, they are feeling rather plump. I hope this is not a fluke! I have not changed anything other than pricking my lips and applying those actives. I thought the Tretinoin would have dried out my lips like crazy and it was peeling for the first day or two after the application but they really plumped up! No size difference of course.
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:51 am      Reply with quote
ammoniasmith wrote:
I have been using the .5mm on my lips and using Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid (Low Molecular Weight), and Tretinoin afterward. Yes, it stings and I may be overdoing it but the results are surprising!

My lips are chronically dry. My lips are no longer as parched and crinkly as they tend to be. In fact, they are feeling rather plump. I hope this is not a fluke! I have not changed anything other than pricking my lips and applying those actives. I thought the Tretinoin would have dried out my lips like crazy and it was peeling for the first day or two after the application but they really plumped up! No size difference of course.

Hi ammoniasmith, congrats on the great results!!! Smile How often are you rolling with the .5mm? And are you putting on the Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid, and Tretinoin all at once or at different times of the day?
ammoniasmith
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:24 am      Reply with quote
breezy42 wrote:
Hi ammoniasmith, congrats on the great results!!! Smile How often are you rolling with the .5mm? And are you putting on the Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid, and Tretinoin all at once or at different times of the day?

I have been rolling with the .5mm once a week for the last 2 months. I have been applying all the actives directly after rolling without waiting. It stings and I recognize that I am taking a risk of overdosing and such but so far so good. I think the increased plumpness appeared slowly.

A couple of thoughts. I have only ever experienced peeling when I get Tretinoin on my lips for the last few years. I wonder if I am finally getting used to the Tretinoin so this is merely a coincidence. Also I will be running out of Hyaluronic Acid soon. If after I stop using the Hyaluronic Acid and I experience loss of plumpness, maybe I will know of the Hyaluronic Acid makes a big difference for my lips. I am using many actives at a time so I don't know what is the key factor here. I will try to update with my progress.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new to this - planning to get a .2mm roller and work my way up if I see results (and it's not too painful!). Are there any products you /shouldn't/ apply after rolling?
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Ammoniasmith, you're rolling your lips? Seriously? You're not talking about the area above or around your lips. You mean the red part? Does that hurt like crazy or make your lips swell? Do they bleed? I'm sorry for all the questions, it's just never occured to me to do that.

I have thought about rolling in HA but wasn't sure how well it would work. I may try that on some wrinkly spots. If you discover that you have some loss in the plumping when you take a break from HA, please let us all know. That would be a great discovery to share.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Ammoniasmith, you're rolling your lips? Seriously? You're not talking about the area above or around your lips. You mean the red part? Does that hurt like crazy or make your lips swell? Do they bleed? I'm sorry for all the questions, it's just never occured to me to do that.

I have thought about rolling in HA but wasn't sure how well it would work. I may try that on some wrinkly spots. If you discover that you have some loss in the plumping when you take a break from HA, please let us all know. That would be a great discovery to share.

Tonia I've been rolling the vermillion of my lips since getting my 0.5mm in Dec. Of course when I mentioned it, I got told off by the EDS police about the risk of cold sores but as I don't have the herpes virus, there's no risk of that for me. However it is something that others may have to bear in mind. But yes, it does have an amazing effect on the lips! (And I don't add any topicals after).
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Miranda, you continue to amaze me. I will start on this tonight. Laughing I think I will have to Emla myself first though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Darn those EDS police! That discussion probably got squashed and I missed it. I don't get cold sores either, so I'm good.

I have to try this! If I'm rolling my lips, EMLA will be a must even if only for psychological reasons. I've got some HA too. I'll roll that in. . .lightly.

Of course, I say all of this as I'm still recovering from my 2 night .1 retin a roll. That, by the way, has resulted in some horrendous peeling. I think some time next week, I'll be glad I did it, though. I'm too adventurous for my own good sometimes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:

Yes, all over my lips. And yes, I hear that it can aggravate cold sores and yep I had a outbreak recently and had to stop rolling. However, I have always had cold sore outbreaks and since the frequency did not increase (so far) I do not attribute it to rolling my lips. If it did, I would rethink rolling over my lips.

I am using the .5mm over my lips very lightly and it didn't seem to hurt worse than above my lips or my forehead which really kills me for some reason. They did not swell or bleed. If you are worried about the pain just get some drugstore lidocaine. Lips are very easy to numb.

I will report back after stopping the Hyaluronic Acid.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:

Tonia I've been rolling the vermillion of my lips since getting my 0.5mm in Dec. Of course when I mentioned it, I got told off by the EDS police about the risk of cold sores

Hmm, I think I was one of those EDS police that you are talking about. I hate to think people who are trying to help others not hurt themselves are considered "police" by others on this forum. We are all adults and can definitely choose to do what we wish to our skin, but I certainly don't think there is anything wrong with putting that knowledge/information out there so people are aware of the risks.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Ammonia, I have the same issues with my upper lip and forehead. PAIN! Even the lidocaine doesn't seem to help much. My eyes water constantly. I had never thought to roll my lips. I think this is a brilliant idea. Whoo-hoo! More pain and hopefully gain in the pursuit of growing older beautifully.(That's Miranda's line and I love it.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
This is Miranda wrote:

Tonia I've been rolling the vermillion of my lips since getting my 0.5mm in Dec. Of course when I mentioned it, I got told off by the EDS police about the risk of cold sores

Hmm, I think I was one of those EDS police that you are talking about. I hate to think people who are trying to help others not hurt themselves are considered "police" by others on this forum. We are all adults and can definitely choose to do what we wish to our skin, but I certainly don't think there is anything wrong with putting that knowledge/information out there so people are aware of the risks.

Being from the UK, like Miranda, I had a chuckle over this as the typical UK bobby is a helpful and benevolent character. In the Americas, they are, well, more police-like and associated with something more negative. I have a feeling it's a cultural difference, Rileygirl. 'Scuse me for sticking my nose in..

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
This is Miranda wrote:

Antonia's right - my dad was a friendly bobby. But sometimes it's the way things are said, RG. I'm not saying it was you (and I certainly don't think of you being negative) - I can't remember who it was as a few people pounced on me but I remember being told I shouldn't do this because it will trigger cold sores. There was no consideration for the fact that not everyone gets cold sores. And as Tonia said, the discussion on what is a do-able idea got lost amongst the warnings. It's good to warn against rolling like this as cold sores are not something I thought about but sometimes it's frustrating to have ideas drowned out.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Ammonia, I have the same issues with my upper lip and forehead. PAIN! Even the lidocaine doesn't seem to help much. My eyes water constantly.

I sneeze constantly when I roll my forehead! It's my most painful area (and coincidently most lined part of my face). Hmmmm.....
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
Tonia wrote:
Tonia I've been rolling the vermillion of my lips since getting my 0.5mm in Dec. Of course when I mentioned it, I got told off by the EDS police Laughing Laughing

Not meaning to offend anyone but I found this a little humorous.
about the risk of cold sores but as I don't have the herpes virus, there's no risk of that for me. However it is something that others may have to bear in mind. But yes, it does have an amazing effect on the lips! (And I don't add any topicals after).

If you don't have the herpes simplex virus rolling will not "create it"... as you know and I'm not convinced it will activate the virus even if you have it laying dormant. but I have not researched the effects of rolling on virus activation.

Some who comment on the rolling threads don't roll and I think what happens is that the opinions sometimes seem like they are coming from a negative place; even if the person may not mean it that way and is trying to be helpful. There are a few on here though who do create havoc unnecessarily and not in the spirit of helping. Those are who *I think* Miranda is calling the EDS police.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, the sneezing happens to me too. I still "enjoy" doing the procedure though. I guess it's that old adage, "If it hurts/tastes bad, or whatever, it must be good for you." I have only a 1.0 roller and I'm wondering if it is blunt as it sometimes "catches" my skin and drags it. I have a tub of raw Matrixyl so I'll try it with that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I'm not convinced it will activate the virus even if you have it laying dormant. but I have not researched the effects of rolling on virus activation.

Sis, I would suggest you do research that. It is stated on Every site (legitimate) that sells dermarollers Not to roll the lips for this exact reason.

Point taken Miranda (And Antonia). Sometimes the written word does not come across correctly or comes across as harsh and maybe a little "aggressive". I think that is just because some are very concerned that others do not hurt themselves.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Rileygirl wrote:
Point taken Miranda (And Antonia). Sometimes the written word does not come across correctly or comes across as harsh and maybe a little "aggressive". I think that is just because some are very concerned that others do not hurt themselves.

Yes, and this is a good thing. Most of us want to be a part of a supportive sisterhood. Unfortunately, a few want to post-chase and provoke trouble and controversy. A few of us have found ourselves being chased around. I just ignore these gals now. It's not worth the hassle responding. Back to lips and viruses. I used to have cold sores as a child so I guess this means I have a dormant virus hanging around there. I'll still give it a try though and report back on the plumping results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
When the OP jj asks that you please post information on this thread and you do I wouldn't say that's a case of chasing anyone around or trying to stir up anything, you can most certianly do as you please, but remember new members and guests that just read might want all the facts and choose not to follow in your "throw caution to the wind" footsteps!

jjbeacham wrote:
DM, thank you. Would you please post this in the Dermarolling for Product Pentration thread as well? I have been cleaning my rollers with alcohol, but I really like one of the forum member's idea of using bleach for 3-4 minutes. I'll start doing that.

Sorry for going off-topic, here! ~ JJ

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes

This is exactly how tips for those who want to try things that others have experimented with, gets lost.

Those who suffer from herpes, roll your lips with caution - it may cause an outbreak.

Those who don't suffer from herpes, try rolling your lips - it plumps them up nicely.

Ok, can we move on pls.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
One more question ladies-who-roll, do you roll the whole lip or just around the vermilion border?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
One more question ladies-who-roll, do you roll the whole lip or just around the vermilion border?

I roll the whole lip. Haven't done it with the 1.5m but I do with the 0.5mm and 0.2mm.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Miranda. I didn't do it last night as I have a meeting today. Tonight's the night!

Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |