Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
My new order - help with how to use it!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sunlit
5% products discount

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:50 am      Reply with quote
I was so upset to learn I have to take a long break from RA. I am getting large amounts of broken capillaries and flushing non stop and my derm said time to stop for a while Sad

After I stopped crying I went online and searched for the next best thing and decided to try glycolic acid - apparently proven to also help slow down aging, although not as good as retin-a.

I just got my order of:

MD Forte Skin Rejuvination Lotion 2 20% GA
MD Forte eye cream 10% Gloycolic with Retinol
Boske Dermaceuticals H/Acid and B3
Revaleskin Night Therpay coffeeberry

I spent a huge amount on the coffeeberry cream and want to know if I use it after the MD Forte lotion or will it make it useless? Do I use The MD Forte in the morning with the Boske b3 and h/Acid and the coffeeberry at night? I've never gone the Glycolic Acid route and aren't sure how it interacts with other products.

Thanks for your help!!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:34 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I don't know enough about the products to be of much help, but I would probably advise using some gentler products to give your skin a break. Otherwise, you may end up worsening the broken capilliaries and flushing.

Also, letting your skin take things easy for a while may well meant that you'll find that the RA works better when your dermatologist advises you that it's safe to use again.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sunlit - Did your derm recommend these products? If so, give them a call and see how they suggest you use them.

If not, I'd suggest using the glycolics at a different time than the coffeeberry. I've used the Revale coffeeberry cream - it's a nice gentle product and smells great. I use it in the evening. So perhaps use the glycolics in the morning and the coffeeberry in the evening.

Glycolic products can cause irritation, so cut back on their use if you notice any further redness.

I hope they work out for you.
Jesselyn
5% products discount

Sun May 16, 2010 4:23 am      Reply with quote
sunlit wrote:
I was so upset to learn I have to take a long break from RA. I am getting large amounts of broken capillaries and flushing non stop and my derm said time to stop for a while Sad

After I stopped crying I went online and searched for the next best thing and decided to try glycolic acid - apparently proven to also help slow down aging, although not as good as retin-a.

I just got my order of:

MD Forte Skin Rejuvination Lotion 2 20% GA
MD Forte eye cream 10% Gloycolic with Retinol
Boske Dermaceuticals H/Acid and B3
Revaleskin Night Therpay coffeeberry

I spent a huge amount on the coffeeberry cream and want to know if I use it after the MD Forte lotion or will it make it useless? Do I use The MD Forte in the morning with the Boske b3 and h/Acid and the coffeeberry at night? I've never gone the Glycolic Acid route and aren't sure how it interacts with other products.

Thanks for your help!!

HI Sunlit, can you provide an update on your experience with Revaleskin? Thanks!
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 16, 2010 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi sunlit. I used Dr Denese glycolic acid products and it worsened my broken capillaries. I went to a dermatologist who told me the glycolic acid brought them more to the surface (thinned the skin). I recently was using a vitamin C serum and a retinol serum from Shiseido which are great but when I did not use them for a month while on vacation and then very busy and my skin was much less red and paler, looked much better. So long way to say that for me my skin is better with non acid products (I may just try them just several times a week). Please let use know how you like the coffeeberry product, that is what Revaleskin is? I was interested in it. HTH
rhea
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I do not know you use products, I think the skin is very bad situation, should do nothing, let the skin relax, rest, give it some time to repair itself
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have the Revale cleanser here.
Seems pretty nice so far!

Can you use Vitamin C? I hearit is good for anti aging...
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |