Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Japanese Bone Exercise - Looks 10 year younger
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:29 am      Reply with quote
http://beautystyle.jp.msn.com/beauty/feature/0906korgi/1.htm
Mau
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, critic, for introducing this method to us. This method and Tanaka massage both remind me Clarins Manual Auto-Lifting Method which also uses a pressure on certain points. Clarins method seems to be very effective too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:19 am      Reply with quote
thank you very much, critic. this is very helpful. i enjoy this more than words can explain! i also appreciate the time and energy that you have extended to everyone.

this is very similar to what my korean esthetician did for me. she was an experienced esthetician that worked in a busy spa in korea. she used alot of korean and japanese techniques. i love this thread and the tanaka thread because these are the same things that certain estheticians supply. i enjoy going to the spa but sometimes time and money can be issues. however, with this do-it-yourself/ do-it-at-home, you have total control: you can do them daily, as much as required; have control how much pressure to use/ which is uncomfortable/ what is relaxing and easing stiffness; have control over which spots that need more work/or avoid areas that are sensitive.

*please not to get anyone confused* critic, i'm doing this bone exercise with my hands and finger, but sometimes (if i feel it requires) i'll do another session right afterwards, using smooth, polished stones, or an ice cream scooper, one in each hand. the stones are perfectly smooth, polished, and the edges rounded. the ice cream scooper that i use has smooth rounded metal deep spoons with large easy grip rubber handles. i find that using these cheap tools allows me to have better control of getting into hard to reach crevices and rounded contours of my face, and thus a better control of how much therapeutic pressure that i can apply. what do you think? am i going overboard or do you think it is dangerous? i'm also experiment with golf balls and large children's play marbles for the eye and nose area.

i've been doing this bone massage (and tanaka massage)for approx 5 days, one per day at the end of the day. i have found my complexion to be brighter and healthier; i feel less tension in my face, my face looks more softer and relaxed; i think i look younger because my face doesn't look as 'hard' (less of a 'set sterness'). and i'm starting off cautiously with soft pressure in this exercise due to my rosacea. from what i can see, my rosacea looks improved and skin looks thicker. i'm very happy! most of, with this bone exercise i find that my cheeks seem higher, and certain areas (in the center line of my face) that were hollow/shallow, now seem more lifter and fuller. more younger looking. *sorry i'm not good at explaining all the technical stuff*

critic, and other members, how goes the bone exercise? please share your results and progress.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:09 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:

Could you tell us what language this is? I ran it through the Japanese translator (because of the jp) and two different Chinese translator, and each time came up with garbage about mustard and cedar and other nonsense.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
critic wrote:

Could you tell us what language this is? I ran it through the Japanese translator (because of the jp) and two different Chinese translator, and each time came up with garbage about mustard and cedar and other nonsense.
I wish I knew how to use the translator. I wait for everyone else to do it for me Rolling Eyes

Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:56 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hermosa wrote:
critic wrote:

I wish I knew how to use the translator. I wait for everyone else to do it for me Rolling Eyes

Try this link, Sis:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en%26sl=ja%26tl=en%26u=http%3A%2F%2Fbeautystyle.jp.msn.com%2Fbeauty%2Ffeature%2F0906korgi%2F1.htm

How to:
1. Go to http://translate.google.com/
2. Cut & paste the address of the web page you wish to translate
3. Select the originating language for "Translate from" and English for "Translate to"
4. Once the page is translated, you will notice the Google Translate Tool Bar shortcut at the top of the page that you can also re-use
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Havana to the rescue Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Great link, thanks again, Critic!

I put together a couple chops of Critic's wonderful bone exercise and Tanaka Massage routines, if anyone would like to keep a scheduled record.

critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
thank you very much, critic. this is very helpful. i enjoy this more than words can explain! i also appreciate the time and energy that you have extended to everyone.

this is very similar to what my korean esthetician did for me. she was an experienced esthetician that worked in a busy spa in korea. she used alot of korean and japanese techniques. i love this thread and the tanaka thread because these are the same things that certain estheticians supply. i enjoy going to the spa but sometimes time and money can be issues. however, with this do-it-yourself/ do-it-at-home, you have total control: you can do them daily, as much as required; have control how much pressure to use/ which is uncomfortable/ what is relaxing and easing stiffness; have control over which spots that need more work/or avoid areas that are sensitive.

*please not to get anyone confused* critic, i'm doing this bone exercise with my hands and finger, but sometimes (if i feel it requires) i'll do another session right afterwards, using smooth, polished stones, or an ice cream scooper, one in each hand. the stones are perfectly smooth, polished, and the edges rounded. the ice cream scooper that i use has smooth rounded metal deep spoons with large easy grip rubber handles. i find that using these cheap tools allows me to have better control of getting into hard to reach crevices and rounded contours of my face, and thus a better control of how much therapeutic pressure that i can apply. what do you think? am i going overboard or do you think it is dangerous? i'm also experiment with golf balls and large children's play marbles for the eye and nose area.

i've been doing this bone massage (and tanaka massage)for approx 5 days, one per day at the end of the day. i have found my complexion to be brighter and healthier; i feel less tension in my face, my face looks more softer and relaxed; i think i look younger because my face doesn't look as 'hard' (less of a 'set sterness'). and i'm starting off cautiously with soft pressure in this exercise due to my rosacea. from what i can see, my rosacea looks improved and skin looks thicker. i'm very happy! most of, with this bone exercise i find that my cheeks seem higher, and certain areas (in the center line of my face) that were hollow/shallow, now seem more lifter and fuller. more younger looking. *sorry i'm not good at explaining all the technical stuff*

critic, and other members, how goes the bone exercise? please share your results and progress.

Thank you for your sharing. Your information is very helpful. Do you know if we need to apply masasge oil for bone exercise? re using a stone/spoon etc.. it is more like the Chinese scrapping method, which I think should be OK if you feel comfortable. If you don't have the cow bone scrapper, try use a metal tablespoon.

Same as everyone, I am new in this bone exercise, I only do it if I have time, but the good thing is, you can actually do them in the office when no one can see you because it does not require massage oil (just my guess, please correct me).

Funny to share, I was attending an event last week (about 100 pax), the lighting was dim, while listening to the speakers, I put my 2 hands on the table to do the push cheekbone exercise etc. I did not expect my boss will suddenly call me on the stage to present a prize at the end of the event, I was shock as I did not know how ugly I was, they took photos too. I just saw the photos this morning and I look OK!
ariane

Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Can someone who has read the instructions in the original language confirm that what we're supposed to do is press on the bone as shown, and hold the pressure? For how many seconds?

Also, do we have any theories as to why this works? Apologies if this has already been addressed in the other thread - I am still making my way through it, and will delete if this is redundant.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
ariane wrote:
Can someone who has read the instructions in the original language confirm that what we're supposed to do is press on the bone as shown, and hold the pressure? For how many seconds?

Also, do we have any theories as to why this works? Apologies if this has already been addressed in the other thread - I am still making my way through it, and will delete if this is redundant.

Press on the bone and hold it for 10 seconds for each step. The theories are very long, you can go back to the original bone facial massage thread to find out. it is not something new, it is very popular in Japan and Korea.
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:49 am      Reply with quote
I really have some questions.
There are 4 exercises on http://beautystyle.jp.msn.com/beauty/feature/0906korgi/1.htm.
Critic, you said that you are applying exercise for the nose, so I suppose that those 4 are just free examples for the whole thing?

Do you think that those 4 exercises are enough? I want to do something with shaping my face in to more oval form.

I understood that every step of this 4 exercise must last for 10 seconds. Is there any repeating or just once for a 10 seconds?

Thanks Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:09 am      Reply with quote
Although this looks great, does it work for non-Japanese people long term. The reason I'm asking is that I remember reading Moonstone and Critics posts about a system they tried which seemed to be working for non-Japanese people and it gave them horrible results, but I'm wondering if non-Japanese people do this technique which is developed for Japanese people could it in turn give us bad results?

Tanaka's I have tried, and I did it for a good few weeks and last week I noticed I was getting some quite frankly strange results and have just had an outbreak along my jawline - so am trying to use my dermawand to clear it now, but its like cystic acne. I don't believe I was overzealous in it, but want to add bone exercises (as there are only 4) but don't want funky results. Any ideas/feedback?

Theresa
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:13 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Although this looks great, does it work for non-Japanese people long term. The reason I'm asking is that I remember reading Moonstone and Critics posts about a system they tried which seemed to be working for non-Japanese people and it gave them horrible results, but I'm wondering if non-Japanese people do this technique which is developed for Japanese people could it in turn give us bad results?

Tanaka's I have tried, and I did it for a good few weeks and last week I noticed I was getting some quite frankly strange results and have just had an outbreak along my jawline - so am trying to use my dermawand to clear it now, but its like cystic acne. I don't believe I was overzealous in it, but want to add bone exercises (as there are only 4) but don't want funky results. Any ideas/feedback?

Theresa

Moonstone got horrible result from Flex Effect & Ageless, and me was from Ageless.
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:22 am      Reply with quote
I got bad results from ageless too. Maybe tanaka's massage works better for asians.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:17 am      Reply with quote
Yep Critic I know, thats my reason for the question. I'm wondering whether Tanaka's massage might only give good results for Asians long term. I haven't heard any major bad results yet, but it got me thinking that if you and Moonstone got bad results from Ageless et all, was that because of your heritage and if so, would a non Asian get bad results using a technique developed for just Asians? Any thoughts?
Colli
5% products discount

Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:34 am      Reply with quote
Maybe it's not so much about whether you have an Asian face but whether you have a wide/round face to start with.

I'm a Westerner and have a wide, round face. Aside from one eye exercise, I've stopped Ageless because my face changed in a way that I did not like. Initially, the results were good - I saw noticable toning which gave my face some added lift and definition. However, after several months of Ageless my face "bulked up", which meant that I lost all of the definition I had originally achieved and ended up with a face that looked wider than it had previously.

I've been very happy with the results of the Tanaka massage and the little bit of bone exercise I've been doing since Critic brought it to our attention...but then, I do have a broad face.

Of course, Western eyes are shaped differently and this may very well be something we have to consider separately.
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Colli wrote:
Maybe it's not so much about whether you have an Asian face but whether you have a wide/round face to start with.

I'm a Westerner and have a wide, round face.
I've been very happy with the results of the Tanaka massage and the little bit of bone exercise I've been doing since Critic brought it to our attention...but then, I do have a broad face.

Of course, Western eyes are shaped differently and this may very well be something we have to consider separately.

I have a round face too, so I am so happy that it seems that this excersises are great to shape it to be more oval.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:28 am      Reply with quote
*mirjana* wrote:
There are 4 exercises on http://beautystyle.jp.msn.com/beauty/feature/0906korgi/1.htm.
Critic, you said that you are applying exercise for the nose, so I suppose that those 4 are just free examples for the whole thing?

Do you think that those 4 exercises are enough? I want to do something with shaping my face in to more oval form.

I understood that every step of this 4 exercise must last for 10 seconds. Is there any repeating or just once for a 10 seconds?

Thanks Smile

In the book and DVD that I bought in Japan, there are total 10 exercises for the face, plus extra exercises for hands, legs and how to shape the face.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Its so unfair, I wish they were available in English.

Is anyone able to translate those 10 (plus love to know the extra exercises in all their glory too.
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:49 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
*mirjana* wrote:

Thanks Smile

In the book and DVD that I bought in Japan, there are total 10 exercises for the face, plus extra exercises for hands, legs and how to shape the face.

Do you think that something could be done with only this 4? It seems to me that they touch crucial spots of my round face. And please - must we repeat exercises or just do it once for 10 sec?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I just asked this on another thread, but impressed myself with my own question and figure its worth mentioning here too:

Is there anyone here who has been doing it for a long time who is not of asian decent? I'm curious as to the long term effects. Both moonstone and Critic say they tried popular american programs and both had horrible results and I'm wondering whether non-asians would end up long term with bad results if this is focused on changing bone. I mean if you build bone, then how do you get rid of it if you build too much?

Also the eye area for us Westerns is different than Asians, so maybe their exercises will effect us differently?

Also with the muscle programs, they tend to say if you stop the exercises the results reverse back over time, but with bone I'm wondering whether they are permanent and if you get build can you undo it?
piglet
5% products discount

Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for starting a new thread! And thank you again for sharing this fascinating information with us.
Vor
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
ariane wrote:

The pictures illustrate movements :/. How can you press somewhere for 10 seconds, when you have to move your finger around your eyes for example?
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
llina wrote:

Thank you for your sharing. Your information is very helpful. Do you know if we need to apply masasge oil for bone exercise? re using a stone/spoon etc.. it is more like the Chinese scrapping method, which I think should be OK if you feel comfortable. If you don't have the cow bone scrapper, try use a metal tablespoon.

Same as everyone, I am new in this bone exercise, I only do it if I have time, but the good thing is, you can actually do them in the office when no one can see you because it does not require massage oil (just my guess, please correct me).

Funny to share, I was attending an event last week (about 100 pax), the lighting was dim, while listening to the speakers, I put my 2 hands on the table to do the push cheekbone exercise etc. I did not expect my boss will suddenly call me on the stage to present a prize at the end of the event, I was shock as I did not know how ugly I was, they took photos too. I just saw the photos this morning and I look OK!

did she apply oil for the bone exercise? well, that's a long story. the facials she gave me were 3 hr or longer. she was a very kind person; always trying to give more to people. i usually fell asleep during the facials until she started her massages. the facials from what i can remember (i'm using common language) she would put lotions on, take the off, lightly massage, put more stuff on, take stuff off, massage, steam, hot clothe, do a whole bunch of stuff to my hands, face extraction, put more stuff on, take it off, massages again which were elaborate... light massaging, lymphatic massaging, neck, back of neck, scalp, face, ear pulling, neck pulling,hair pulling, then she would do the what i now know as the bone massage (a harder stationary massage concentrating on specific areas). the bone exercise/massage was very uncomfortable... sometimes i screamed just from shock but it did not hurt me (i was surprised). then i think the facial would end with a some-kind-plastic mask, then another hard cast mask that would turn into a hard face mask (just like the one from those before/after pics from the website that you posted) sorry, what i'm trying to say is that i remember that she did MANY things, but i do not remember exactly and in precisely what order. i do remember that the beginning of the light massage, my face was very slick/oily with product, then during the bone exercise it was moist but not slick.

she stopped working as an esthetician because she had to spend more time raising her children. if i can get into contact with her, i'll ask her for tips and the resources of her learning. sorry, that was a confusing explanation, but i hope it helps.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |