Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Using alot of skin care products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Do you ever feel like you are using way too many skin care products? Recently I revamped my skin care and I have to say I'm using a ton of stuff compared to before. I have 14 different products that I use daily! It breaks out to about 9 products in the morning and 8 at night (some products are being using am and pm). It sounds ridiculous to me that I use so many but my skin is looking better then ever so I want to stick with it. Next time I travel I think I'm going to need a suit case just for my skin care!
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:09 am      Reply with quote
14! wow, could you post what you use, please? I'm intrigued Smile

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I know it sounds crazy but when I break out, it makes sense.
My skin is combo, very acne prone.

AM:
Sephora first aid beauty cleanser
LRP Thermal Water
Mentazene gel
Sephora first aid beauty BP (t zone only)
Finacea (cheeks only)
PSF 3in1 Eye Serum
Replenix CF serum
Moisturizer (varies)(dry spots & eye area only)
Neutrogena Tone Correcting Moisture SPF(neck only, didnt work for face)
LRP Sunscreen on face

PM:
LRP Thermal Water
Paulas Choice Skin Balancing toner
PSF 3in1 Eye Serum
Sephora first aid beauty BP (spot treat only)
Tazorac
PSF Berry Antioxidant
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi GirlieGirl, I notice your using PSF 3in1 eye serum. I've thought of trying this serum & wondering how you like it & if it's effective for eye bags or puffiness.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Wow, that's really a lot! I'm impressed. Very Happy I think I am currently using 5 on a daily basis: a cleanser, a toner, a serum, a moisturizer and a sunscreen, although I have several more which I use occasionally.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
Hi GirlieGirl, I notice your using PSF 3in1 eye serum. I've thought of trying this serum & wondering how you like it & if it's effective for eye bags or puffiness.

I have been using this for 3 weeks now. I'm not sure what I think of it yet.
I dont have puffiness so I cant comment on that. I do think its helps a bit with dark circles. I have not noticed it helping with fine lines. I hope with longer usage I will get some better results.

I think the bottle will last a long time because you really only need a tiny amount for the eye area.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your honest review GirlieGirl. I hope you'll give an update on this product after longer term use.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I think some days I do to much layering and actually wonder if its benefical. But for one my skin looks pretty good and two I cant help myself...its an adiction. Laughing
dryady
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
wow, that is a lot.
i use five products in the morning ( cleaser, toner, lotion, eye cream and sunscreen) and four in the evening (no sunscreen)
frozenstrawberrypie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:57 am      Reply with quote
i use about 6 in the morning and 8 at night for the longest time and have no adverse effects so i guess it's ok! whatever works!
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
I know it sounds crazy but when I break out, it makes sense.
My skin is combo, very acne prone.

AM:
LRP Thermal Water
Mentazene gel
Sephora first aid beauty BP (t zone only)
Finacea (cheeks only)
PSF 3in1 Eye Serum
Replenix CF serum
Neutrogena Tone Correcting Moisture SPF(neck only, didnt work for face)
LRP Sunscreen on face

PM:
LRP Thermal Water
Paulas Choice Skin Balancing toner
PSF 3in1 Eye Serum
Sephora first aid beauty BP (spot treat only)
Tazorac
PSF Berry Antioxidant

yawza! that's very pro! compared to my dab and paste method Laughing
i'm only using a few different cleansers and lots of creams and serums. pasting those moisturizers on my face like i'm building a face armor.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:31 am      Reply with quote
llina wrote:

i'm only using a few different cleansers and lots of creams and serums. pasting those moisturizers on my face like i'm building a face armor.

Laughing
I found if I dont tend to my skin carefully it really gets out of control and I finally found a 'system' that works....for now anyway.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
llina wrote:

Laughing
I found if I dont tend to my skin carefully it really gets out of control and I finally found a 'system' that works....for now anyway.

Its great when you finally find a system that works hey, good for you GirlieGirl..I hope it continues for you Smile
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
llina wrote:

Laughing

i agree. have to take care of the skin, and everything else for that matter! Very Happy i love seeing confident women that are happy and take care of themselves. my mom is very old school, and though she is extremely lucky with "young" genes, it is catching up to her now (68 y.o.). it really breaks my heart and sometimes makes me want to cry when i see her trying to save money and looking so frazzled and worn. i've been working on her stubbornness this year, and upgraded all her essentials! that's why i adore women... they're so caring and do-ers! i can't even imagine that my brother notices our mother's physical state, nor could i imagine him updating her electric toothbrush, restocking her hair products, loading her with sunscreen and anti aging creams! we only live once. might as well live it happy!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
So nice of you to be considerate and observant of your mo llina. That's wonderful.

It appears when we use many products is not so much as using them in all the same place but more on specific areas and as needed. And it's fun to stay on track with this - keeps you in tune with what your face is needing.. I liked playing around with all my 'stuff'.

I used to do this but as I've started working on things a different way my routine has changed. My number of products has gone down and I'm pretty happy with that. but the number of supplements has gone up and when I take them: the times all differ... so that is the trade off. And then fitting in the massage and facial exercise.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:02 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

It appears when we use many products is not so much as using them in all the same place but more on specific areas and as needed. And it's fun to stay on track with this - keeps you in tune with what your face is needing.. I liked playing around with all my 'stuff'.

ITA. This is key I think. Even though I'm using alot of products they are not all be used all over my face.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:36 am      Reply with quote
If it works for you, I think you should continue. As you age, your routine will change, but when I had oily and acne prone skin, it was a major, major battle. Eventually, I had to go to the doctor and say, I'm fed up with my skin. There is too much effort to fight with my acne and it still does not look good. He have me prescription and I find I use less products, but stronger sunblock.
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my goodness, do I use a lot. Probably too much, and my routine does change a bit.

Usually am.

Wash with Isomers Austrialian Harvest Cleanser or Philosophy Microderm cleanser;

Sometime Dr. Denise Facial Firming pads;

Isomers One 3000 serum, mix into it Isomers Anti-Redness, Sirtin, & Stem Genesis.

Isomers One 3000 for Eyes

The use Isomers Sycronizer cream mixed with Isomers Youth Precursor, Stacker & One 3000 (all creams.

Over that - SSC neck & chin, just on chin, the Dr. Denise neck firming cream on neck

Isomers Maxi Lip - on lips

Top off with Sunscreen (which are ever changing although I have a ton of Dr. Denise in the house).

pm. wash usually with Astralian Harvest Cleanser, something milder if I've aggrevated my face,

then either a C or copper based serum,

Isomer R pur (soy type serum)

Isomers R pur eyes

then a Retin A

sometime creams over top

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
If it works for you, I think you should continue. As you age, your routine will change, but when I had oily and acne prone skin, it was a major, major battle. Eventually, I had to go to the doctor and say, I'm fed up with my skin. There is too much effort to fight with my acne and it still does not look good. He have me prescription and I find I use less products, but stronger sunblock.

I agree about going to a derm. I've been using acne rx meds for 20 years. It took a while to find the right meds but tazorac had been an excellent product for me. I thought by now I'd be done with it but no such luck.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |