Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Any recommendations for (extremely dry skin) face mask?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Too bad it's not sold here. I bet it would compete with Cellcomet anti-stress mask, Valmont renewing mask
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:14 am      Reply with quote
Jurlique is good I agree, and I used before boots mask
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:04 am      Reply with quote
What about the lotion mask (I think there is a thread about it somewhere here on EDS) and there is a demo video of the author doing it on Amazon (Under Japanese Skincare Revolution). Uses just water and a lotion but my dry skin loves it!
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:36 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Too bad it's not sold here. I bet it would compete with Cellcomet anti-stress mask, Valmont renewing mask

hi skincare,

i'm currently using the renewing pack and the nature moisturizing with a mask. i think the renewing pack gives a pretty effect, but i find it a tad dry. in that sense, the nature moisturing with a mask has a more soothing and moisturizing effect. i use the nature almost everyday after cleansing.

btw, if you're interested, both valmont's masks are sold here on EDS:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/valmont-renewing-pack-p_644.htm
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/valmont-nature-moisturizi-p_2198.htm

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:39 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I have been doing some research and found out that Chantecaille Jasmine & Lily Healing mask is calming and moisturizing. I never tried it, so I can't tell you how moisturizing it will be. There seems to be a lot of Raves about this one.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:40 am      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
Skincare wrote:

hi skincare,

i'm currently using the renewing pack and the nature moisturizing with a mask. i think the renewing pack gives a pretty effect, but i find it a tad dry. in that sense, the nature moisturing with a mask has a more soothing and moisturizing effect. i use the nature almost everyday after cleansing.

btw, if you're interested, both valmont's masks are sold here on EDS:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/valmont-renewing-pack-p_644.htm
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/valmont-nature-moisturizi-p_2198.htm

I was talking about Chantecaille mask.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:57 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
What about the lotion mask (I think there is a thread about it somewhere here on EDS) and there is a demo video of the author doing it on Amazon (Under Japanese Skincare Revolution). Uses just water and a lotion but my dry skin loves it!

yes, i've been reading the lotion mask thread for awhile now. i already ordered some different toning lotions from EDS, and i can't wait to get started. still waiting for delivery Very Happy

how long have you been using the lotion mask? any long term effects?

i also read about DIY masks (on the forum) with yogurt and honey. sounds lovely, and no chemicals! i'm off to the grocery store today to get the ingredients and start asap.

i find with the cold weather, it feels extra nice to come home to do a mask treatment after cleansing.

??? its not harmful to do a mask treatment everyday, is it???

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
woshididi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
I used avene soothing moisture mask.
woshididi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I like avene moisture mask cause I am sensitive skin.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:48 am      Reply with quote
woshididi wrote:
I like avene moisture mask cause I am sensitive skin.

thanks for the suggestion. and i have sensitive skin too. avene is not sold on EDS so i'll have to track in down next week.

right now i have over 15 masks that most got from EDS (eminenece, orlane, dermalogic, babor, thalgo, sundari, valmont, etc) that have to test.

i'm also making an ED order for sothy's, cellcomet, etc. the search continues.

thanks again! Smile

llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:08 am      Reply with quote
hi members,

since my last 'buy' posted above, i have purchased many more masks from chanel, guerlain, givenchy, payot, darphin, elemis, prevonia, gatineau, sothy's, cellcosmet, etc.

i still have my eyes on the recommended masks from this thread like Dr H, jurlique, KHerzog, etc. those will probably be part of my next buy.

i thought i would just post my experiences here on this thread to keep things simple. this way if any members have any interest in hydrating/moisturizing masks or recommendations, it'll all be in one area. this makes life easier for me. Very Happy and as other member have shared great advice with me, i would like to return the service.

*please bear in mind, i have/will be using these masks to hydrate/moisturize my face. thus, my reviews will be for dry skin (sensitive/thin/fine wrinkles around the eyes & cheeks/ dehydrated/dry/ reactive skin/ prone to rosacea)*

valmont's regenera II cream: this is used as a moisturizer or mask. it is a beautifully white cream, strongly scented of valmont (rose). the scent is soothing, and sets the decadent mood. when working with this thick luscious cream i already feel as ease and anticipate a special 'treatment'. after cleansing with the gentle valmont cleanser, i apply a thick spoonful of this cream on to my face, eyes, and neck. i massage in gently, circular motions around the cheeks, temple, forehead, and massage in at the jawline, neck, and bust. after a quick gentle massage, i apply more cream, strap in my warm gel eye mask, and lay down for 1/2 hr. i wipe with a soft towel to remove excess. this leaves the skin dewy soft and luxurious.

i believe massaging the product into the skin is key. i think it helps the product to envelop the skin thoroughly.

i'm sure this can be done with other thick creamy moisturizers. i really enjoy adding little extra treatments to my PM cleansing routine. the little extras, such as masks, facial massages, repair treatments, etc, make the end of the night a calming preparation for a restful sleep, and keeps me excited about my skincare routine.

llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:39 am      Reply with quote
Eminence: seven herb treatment: intense treatment, soothing and nourishing properties with organic herbs and antioxidants for all skin types. this is an organic and natural line.

it comes in a brown recycled box reminding me of earlier years in childhood. something from the good old days when pple were down to earth, and life was more simple. the jar and label too remind me of the old fashioned products that were homemade, something that you would expect strawberry jam to be in. i already felt good.

seven herb is thick porridge consistency, light moss colour with tiny bits of green herbs. as soon as you open the jar, it smells a like a gourmet's kitchen, smells like healthy homemade supper!

as soon it is applied, it tingles. i've tried this mask straight, with a fine layer, or a thick layer, and even mixing with water. i've tried leaving it on for 1/2hr, till it dries, till it was tacky, and for 5 minutes. in all variations that i tried, it was an extreme ordeal to remove. i rinsed and rinsed, steamed, sprayed with water to moisten, gently tried to dislodge with finger tips, palms, took out my natural sponges to wipe off, soft towel wipe off, but the concoction will not come off.

anyone with sensitive skin, this is not for you!

after battling with water and the treatment mask, you think its all gone but it isn't. i've tried toners from valmont, orlane, sothys, etc.. but there it remains, lodged into crevices i didn't realized i had. i'm am really really not impressed with this product. the residue that it leaves behind is a hard waxy film that i have NEVER experience nor felt before from any products. very strange. the film feels so hard and obvious, i know i'm not imagining it.

i was really disappointed in this products. i was looking forward to incorporating more natural and organic skincare into my routine. the treatment did not nourish or sooth my skin. my skin was left taut like saran wrap around tupperware, and the ordeal of removing this entity from my face and body, left my skin very irritated, red, and thin.

a few days gap....then....
update... after a couple of days, when my face somewhat recovered from the eminence treatment, i had second thoughts and grabbed for the jar again. i thought perhaps i was being too harsh, and so i started again...
(i will only write about the seven herb and keep it simple.)

grabbed the jar with smiles... trying to convince myself that it'll be better this time around. all happy that i was going to do a nice treatment just before a shower. i floated around in my monster slippers happy as could be.

i opened the jar and took a nice wifff... lovely fesh herb scent, almost right out of a romantic, and well groomed garden. mmm... i stared into the mirror content and proceeded to finger out globs and began to paste it on my face. mmmmm... thinking peaceful thoughts i smoothed out the gobs and spread gingerly across my cheeks... until... ack! awww.. something was digging into my skin. i looked closely and found a darn twig. a hard twig i say! i looked around pn my face, and amongst the pieces of herb, i found more hard twig like pieces... i thought there must be a mistake. they wouldn't put wood in this thing. especially not hard pieces like this!

i fished around in the jar, frantically and found more evidence. i was stunned.

what could i do. i waited 10 minutes till it was tacky and headed into the shower. in the shower i remained for at least an extra 20 minutes... again trying to get this sucker off my face. i tried giving the mask treatment a gentle water fall to loosen it, i tried steaming it, gently gliding my hands repeatedly to dislodge it... i spent a lot of time under the water. even when most of it was off, there it was again, that mysterious hard film left behind. i never experienced or felt anything like it before.

when i gave up, the hard film was all over my face, neck, and chest, and still found bits of eminence around my nose and eye area.

but eminence is out of my life and out of my fairytale dreams of romantic and well groomed gardens. where did it go? the toilet monster ate it! Bad Grin

llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Masque (74 ml / 2.5 oz.) Description
A creamy, moisture-replenishing masque that provides vital nourishment for ultra-dry skin, helping to alleviate fine lines and visible dryness.
BENEFITS

Skin conditioners replenish moisture and restore skin's softness and suppleness.
Revitalizing plant extracts bind critical moisture to the skin, alleviating visible dryness and fine lines.
Revitalizes the skin, providing a more radiant appearance.

Skin Types
Dry / ultra-dry

Useage
Apply generously to clean face and throat.
Allow masque to set for ten minutes.
Rinse thoroughly with warm water.

this is a white cream mask that somehow has the texture of pasty chalk. once applied, it feels cool on the skin. the scent is subtle, a mix of natural medicine and herb. while the mask dries quickly... approx 10 minutes, i recommend to remove in the shower or use a soft face sponge. this mask will take more work to remove as the dry white paste coats the surface. this one will take a few rinsings.

i had no reaction to the mask, but it did not hydrate either. the effect that i noticed more was that it seemed to polish the face. my dry flakes were gone and certain areas were shiny clean (nose, forehead, and apples of cheeks). after the product is removed with plenty of water, it left no residue and the skin was clean and natural. i've used this mask 3 times, and the same results. i do recommend this mask if you need something to polish up your skin/refine the skin texture. again if you have sensitive thin skin, i would not recommend this cream mask because it takes a little scrubbing to get it off. not as bad as the eminence treatment, but not one of the best either.

llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Dermalogica MultiVitamin Power Recovery Masque

Description
A powerful calming masque of concentrated vitamins and botanicals to calm stressed skin, helping to reduce redness and restore suppleness.
BENEFITS

Soothes and calms stressed, tired skin.
Calming botanicals soothe skin.
Antioxidant Vitamins A, C and E help repair daily damage caused by free radicals.
Ideal for damaged and photo-aged skin.

Skin Types
all

Useage
Apply generously to cleansed face and throat, avoiding the eye area.
Allow masque to set for ten to fifteen minutes.
Gently rinse with warm water.

this mask smells similar to the D's intensive moisture mask, herbal medicine, but a tad stronger. the gel is a translucent orange that will glide on. this mask is different from above as it stays moist and is comfortable on the face during the whole session. it says to leave on for 15 minutes, but i leave it on longer. i much prefer this mask as it is more comfortable to wear. rinsing is quite quick involving a few splashes, a couple gentle swipes with a soft sponge, and a few more splashes.

again, it leaves no residue, and the effect is clean and natural. it did not dry my skin but it did not hydrate it either... the result is a clean and neutral feel and look. very similar to to the intense hydration mask, for me this mask polished my face more than anything. my face looked clean, fresh, shiny healthy, and bright.

since this mask is more confortable to wear and easier to use, i'm curious if with more use, there will be more effects. so far i have used it 3 times.

i will reorder this and use it as a weekly treatment for its polishing effects on my skin. i don't recommend using this mask more than 2-3 times per week, for sensitive thin skin types, since the polishing effect could just make your skin more thin and thus more sensitive.

llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Gatineau: Aquamemory, moisture replenish mask
Description
Intensely and immediately rehydrated*, the skin is replenished and the appearance of fine dehydration lines is reduced. The skin is ready to receive Gatineau's daily moisturizing treatments.

Skin Types
dehydrated skin

Useage
Apply a thick layer to the face and neck. Leave to work for 10 minutes then remove any excess with wet cotton wool or rinse off.
Repeat 2-3 times a week, depending on your skin’s needs.

this is light blue cream-like-gel that is a pretty and refreshing scent of ocean breeze and flowers. the mask cream glides on and the fragrance caresses you. as soon as it is on, it is mildly cooling and tingling...but very gentle. the sensation and fragrance already sets the 'spa' mood. it was such a pretty scent, i laid down for a while and dreamt of tropical paradises. *spaaaaaaa* directions are for 10 minutes, but i left it on for a 1/2hr.

as it dries it caresses your skin gently. it dries into a flexible gel. rinsing is very easy and can be done with just splashing and palms. my face was left soft, matte, calm, gently refreshed, and hydrated. ~still smiling~ this mask actually came through with its claim to hydrate. a bonus was the product was fabulous to work with and very easy to rinse... no irritation! i recommend!

i think this is one of the best masks so far. this one can actually be used for those with sensitive skin

LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
The Dermalogica Mask did nothing for me either. Complete waste.

I'm using Ling's Hydra Squalane right now. Its apparently the same oil that our skin produces to hydrate it.

It was made to treat 'chronic dehydration' and its the best thing I've used thus far.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
llina is the Gatineau: Aquamemory, moisture replenish mask the best mask you have used so far for hydration? You have interested me in a few products you are using and this is one of them.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:14 am      Reply with quote
hey galpal,

this is one of the best but i still have many more to go.
i still like the valmont nature moisturizing with mask.
i hope you get LOTS and LOTS of samples from your order. this way we can try stuff and recommend them to eachother! Laughing yay!

i hope you have fun doing everything you do!

llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:43 am      Reply with quote
LondonJamie wrote:

I'm using Ling's Hydra Squalane right now. Its apparently the same oil that our skin produces to hydrate it.

It was made to treat 'chronic dehydration' and its the best thing I've used thus far.

hi londonjamie,
made for chronic eh? yup that sounds about right for me. thank you for the help!

agree bout the dermalogica. its unfortunate, it had great reviews and i was sooo excited to see some fab results.
happy new year!

photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:49 am      Reply with quote
I use eutrogena hydrating face sheets to give a good Winter boost - but before I put them on my face I spray my face with the Avene Thermal Spring Water - I use this product after shaving too - it is truly amazing.

I have left the mask on whilst having an afternoon nap - and the mask gives you a great glow and your skin looks nice and plump.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:45 am      Reply with quote
pal wrote:
llina is the Gatineau: Aquamemory, moisture replenish mask the best mask you have used so far for hydration? You have interested me in a few products you are using and this is one of them.

hey galpal,
if you're on a budget, don't buy it yet. i'll post all the masks i got and i'll try them for you first. i got too many masks here... i swear i'm going to rub off all the skin that i do have left!

this way, we'll see what the duds are!
keep working out... you sound so much better!
lina

llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:53 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
I use eutrogena hydrating face sheets to give a good Winter boost - but before I put them on my face I spray my face with the Avene Thermal Spring Water - I use this product after shaving too - it is truly amazing.

I have left the mask on whilst having an afternoon nap - and the mask gives you a great glow and your skin looks nice and plump.

PQ

pq,
thank you for your recommendation.
i think the neutrogena face sheets can be pick-up at the drug store...but i believe the avene will have to be ordered online. the closest thing i have is the dermalogic protectant spray and b kamins floral spray, or just ordinary toner lotion spray.

i do like your suggestion of layering the mask. this is novel for me, and will try it tonight.
thanks again. all the best to you!

saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
I am using NUXE,AVENE,and Declore...All of them are very nice.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
LondonJamie wrote:

hi londonjamie,
made for chronic eh? yup that sounds about right for me. thank you for the help!

agree bout the dermalogica. its unfortunate, it had great reviews and i was sooo excited to see some fab results.
happy new year!

You're welcome! Happy new year too!

Yup chronic. Thats us! Very Happy The Ling product has definitely made an impression on my skin. It looks healthier and my under eye area feels less....'dusty' Laughing

I'm not using anything else but the squalane right now, not even sunscreen. I'm going to keep it that way for about a month and see if my 'lipid barrier' improves...as it claims.

I'll do a review of it once I've given it an adequate test run...but, so far, it's one product that has impacted my skin for the better.

If you get the Ling let us know how it works for you. Fingers crossed Very Happy

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
photoqueen wrote:

PQ

pq,
thank you for your recommendation.
i think the neutrogena face sheets can be pick-up at the drug store...but i believe the avene will have to be ordered online. the closest thing i have is the dermalogic protectant spray and b kamins floral spray, or just ordinary toner lotion spray.

i do like your suggestion of layering the mask. this is novel for me, and will try it tonight.
thanks again. all the best to you!

You are welcome - hope it works.

PQ

Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |