Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Has anyone used lemon peel bioferment?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:15 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Leggy 61 wrote:
Kim, it is by reversital,they have one for face and one body,I got the one for body,but you can use it on the face also.Riley told me about it.Also go easy on the ch est.A year ago I used the RA,but only every other night and did get it cleared up,but it took 6 months and the LPB was faster.

Thanks, leggy, I'll check this out. I do recall you guys mentioning this on another thread. The sun damage on my chest and arms is so severe, I don't know if anything can help it. But, I'll certainly give it a try!! I'm so tired of feeling like I have the ugliest skin in my group of friends... Crying or Very sad Boo Hoo... I'm feeling sorry for myself...

Didn't work for my sun damage at all...but I do like it for cleansing my face, and will stick with it for that reason alone.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:20 am      Reply with quote
On my second bottle of LPB from NCN clear with faint yellow tinge. Have been using 3-4 weeks. No improvement Sad Sad Sad

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:08 am      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
On my second bottle of LPB from NCN clear with faint yellow tinge. Have been using 3-4 weeks. No improvement Sad Sad Sad

rebecca

Oh no 2 bottles and nothing snowqueen? I am sorry to hear that! I had high hopes that this would do at least something for everyone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:38 am      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:

rebecca

That's too bad, Rebecca. It is so frustrating when things work for someone and then not for ourselves. Been there way too many times, myself, on that front!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:30 am      Reply with quote
FYI...crossposting from the Wonderbar thread on the Skin Care and Makeup Forum.

bethany wrote:
I just found this blog on the WonderbarUSA site...I think it pushed me over the edge and I am going to order the small bar, sigh.

http://wonderbarusa.com/blog/

I will do a half-face trial of the Lemon Peel Bioferment vs. the Wonderbar, and will take before and after pics on each side.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=37807

I have only used the LPB once this whole last week, so I am stopping until I get the Wonderbar delivered, and will start both back up at the same time. I will be using the new LPB from Lotioncrafter since I don't have enough left from NCN to do a whole trial.

I'll keep everyone posted.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:50 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I will do a half-face trial of the Lemon Peel Bioferment vs. the Wonderbar, and will take before and after pics on each side.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=37807

I have only used the LPB once this whole last week, so I am stopping until I get the Wonderbar delivered, and will start both back up at the same time. I will be using the new LPB from Lotioncrafter since I don't have enough left from NCN to do a whole trial.

I'll keep everyone posted.[/quote]

I can't wait to hear your results!
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Me too!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Me too!!!

Me Three!!! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have used LPB twice a day & for a month and not noticed that my dark spots get faded at the very least Sad

That said, I will give it a 3-month grace period before quitting.

Hannah says that:

http://skinactives.websitetoolbox.com/post/show_single_post?pid=23246017&postcount=2

By the way, anyone has used the Skin Brightening Cream of Skin Actives? Any comments?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
I have used LPB twice a day & for a month and not noticed that my dark spots get faded at the very least Sad

That said, I will give it a 3-month grace period before quitting.

Hannah says that:

http://skinactives.websitetoolbox.com/post/show_single_post?pid=23246017&postcount=2

By the way, anyone has used the Skin Brightening Cream of Skin Actives? Any comments?

From the link Summer posted above - a quote from Hannah:

Quote:
I think it is great that you are seeing improvements after just one month. Below is my Ebay guide on the subject. Please note that aggresive treatment may cause stress and stress can lead to hyperpigmentation.

Why overnight skin lightening is not possible
by: skinactives( 2498)
By Hannah Sivak, PhD
Biochemist

Skin lighteners, skin whiteners and skin brighteners are different names given to a type of product that decreases skin pigmentation. Skin color is mainly determined by the amount and type of the melanin in the skin.

There are two kinds of people looking for skin lighteners: those who have irregular pigmentation, resulting from age spots and/or melasma, and those who are not content with the color of their skin (too yellow, too dark).

The short story:
There are several mechanisms by which a substance can help to lighten the skin color but most of them work by suppressing melanin synthesis Some chemicals are very effective but can be irritating or are known to have undesirable side effects. For example, strong chemicals may end up bleaching the skin permanently and irregularly, or increasing pigmentation in spots, both permanent unwanted effects. So it is very important to prevent these bad results. The best way is to avoid using strong chemicals like hydroquinone, especially in types of skin known to react badly, like African American and dark Latino skin.

Because melanin synthesis increases as a response to stress of several kinds, like UV and oxidants, avoid the sun and use sunblock. You should also know that skin lighteners will not destroy existing melanin, so you will have to wait until your skin renews itself to be able to see the lighter skin.

There are a number of excellent natural and synthetic chemicals that can help. If you have isolated hyperpigmented spots, use the skin lightener only on those areas. The same if you have melasma, a type of skin hyperpigmentation caused by hormonal changes brought about by pregnancy or the use of "the pill".

Some excellent actives are
Azeloyl glycine (will also accelerate skin renewal), kojic acid dipalmitate (an easy to use and stable version of kojic acid), arbutin (the active chemical in bearberry extract), licorice root extract, gamma aminobutyric acid, melatonin, glutathione and magnesium ascorbyl phosphate. By using several of these actives, your chances of success increase, because melanin content of your skin will decrease through inhibition of several steps rather than just one.

UPDATE: the combination of N-acetyl glucosamine and niacinamide, besides increasing synthesis of collagen and hyaluronic acid, also decreases hyperpigmentation, age spots and uneven melanin distribution.

If you want to make your life easier, get Skin Actives Scientific "skin lightening cream", which contains liquorice, glutathione, arbutin, melatonin, MAP and kojic acid dipalmitate, and more.

Remember the following rules:

Rule number 1: be patient, do not expect fast results, because only the new skin will be lighter.
Rule number 2: do not expect to look like Michael Jackson. His skin is sick, having lost its natural melanocytes. He probably had vitiligo, an immune disease in which the body kills its melanocytes, leading to white spots, and his doctors probably killed the rest to lead to an homogeneous white skin that lacks melanin, a sort of artificial albinism.

Questions and answers
Q: Hi, I read your guide on peels and I had a question. I did a TCA peel and I have a brown spot now (it has been 3 months since the peel) where the peel was preformed. Is there a way to get rid of it?

A: If you had the TCA done by a dermatologist or esthetician, go and see the practitioner. TCA is dangerous and I am surprised that it is sold on Ebay like if it were nothing.

Hyperpigmentation as a response to stress (in this case a chemical burn) is more common in dark skin. Try to avoid the sun and use on that patch the skin ligthening kit we sell.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for that post, Bethany. I didn't know some of that, especially this quote. "You should also know that skin lighteners will not destroy existing melanin, so you will have to wait until your skin renews itself to be able to see the lighter skin."

That further explains why we see results at different rates. Everyone's skin cell turnover is different and the depth of pigment is different on each person. Very helpful information.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I received my LPB from LotionCrafter today. It came in a little 4oz jug with a screw-off cap and was sealed inside.

It looked pretty much just like the stuff from Nanci, though maybe a tad more yellow. When comparing the two, I also noticed that my product from NCN is now more yellow than when I first opened it, so I suspect that it oxidizes over time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I also noticed that my product from NCN is now more yellow than when I first opened it, so I suspect that it oxidizes over time.

I was just coming back to this thread to report the same thing. I used the LPB last night for the first time in probably 2 weeks, and it is yellow now (light) but definitely not clear any more.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:
I also noticed that my product from NCN is now more yellow than when I first opened it, so I suspect that it oxidizes over time.

I was just coming back to this thread to report the same thing. I used the LPB last night for the first time in probably 2 weeks, and it is yellow now (light) but definitely not clear any more.

I got mine a little after you did but I just checked and mine is still clear? hmm

5% products discount

Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Is this one of those products that makes spots darker before they get lighter? My spots seem so much darker since starting to use last week.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
. When comparing the two, I also noticed that my product from NCN is now more yellow than when I first opened it, so I suspect that it oxidizes over time.

Same here...I noticed a slight yellow tint two weeks ago and a deeper yellow today when I paid attention. I'm confused though...Nanci said the shelf life was a year and yet some of us are noticing negative changes already? Darn. I have been rationing my usage but I guess I should go ahead and slather it on now. Glad that it is only the 1 ounce size and hope that Nanci continues to offer it in this size.

Bethany - are you going to return your 4 ounce jug?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
spence wrote:
Is this one of those products that makes spots darker before they get lighter? My spots seem so much darker since starting to use last week.

Spots can appear darker as they get closer to the surface.

But that usually means that 1) either you aren't wearing enough sunscreen, or 2) you might actually get rid of them as you continue to exfoliate.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
bethany wrote:
. When comparing the two, I also noticed that my product from NCN is now more yellow than when I first opened it, so I suspect that it oxidizes over time.

Same here...I noticed a slight yellow tint two weeks ago and a deeper yellow today when I paid attention. I'm confused though...Nanci said the shelf life was a year and yet some of us are noticing negative changes already? Darn. I have been rationing my usage but I guess I should go ahead and slather it on now. Glad that it is only the 1 ounce size and hope that Nanci continues to offer it in this size.

Bethany - are you going to return your 4 ounce jug?

Nope...I still plan on using it! The shelf life on LC said 18 months, and I have no doubt that I'll get through it WELL before then, lol.

Editing to add: My personal conclusion was that the LPB is probably more beneficial in PREVENTING more spots than in bleaching the existing ones. And Hannah's commments above confirmed that, so I am going to keep using it as a pigment suppressor.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I am thinking between exfoliating and using the LPB eventually we will see more results, I am not giving up. I see a big change in skin tone and evening on my face (no melasma) it's just more of a battle with the sun damage on my arms.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Updating on the progress with my acne scars and overall complexion.

I found that the newest scars faded before my older ones which is why it feels like the product may work then stop or vice versa. So that's when I added more manual exfoliation and it kicked up the layers of dead skin. When I did that, my older scars picked up pace diminishing. That was over a month ago. It also helped with evening my skin color so it brightened up.

My face is scar free now so I have stopped using the product and brought back using a serum I used that has salicylic acid to keep my acne at bay as well as any potential scarring. So far it has been working well for me.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:06 am      Reply with quote
That is great, Amarise. Thanks for sharing. I stopped using the LPB to try the Wonderbar, but will be starting back on the LPB with exfolation!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:32 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
That is great, Amarise. Thanks for sharing. I stopped using the LPB to try the Wonderbar, but will be starting back on the LPB with exfolation!

I got lazy and laid off for a while but started again last night after a really good exfoliation and I feel a very slight tingling sensation even this morning? I don't know what it means but I am hoping it is a sign it's working! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
The spot close to my eyebrow faded 50% after using LPB for few weeks came back to its original shade after switching to WB on 04/08. Mad Mad Mad Mad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad So I guess you have to continue using LPB.....

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:31 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
The spot close to my eyebrow faded 50% after using LPB for few weeks came back to its original shade after switching to WB on 04/08. Mad Mad Mad Mad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad So I guess you have to continue using LPB.....

Oh, no. I am sorry to hear that MACrisis! Yes, I am sure it is like most things topical in that you have to continue using or your skin loses the benefit of the product.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |