Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Clarisonic Opal Sonic Infusion System
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
It appears that Clarisonic has a new device for us! Dancing

But I don't know how great this product is for our skin. This is something new that is used around your eyes only and it looks like a mini brush to use on your eyes and some sort of eye serum is applied. I can't say what the quality of this eye serum is an do you have to use their brand?

Anyway, this got my attention and I don't see any other posts about this new product and hoping to hear some reviews.

Please update us if you have it. Very Happy
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Here is the attachment: http://www.clarisonic.com/us/opal/
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Looks like a device to increase penetration.
I wonder how much they will asking for this.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
It's over $200, I think it is the same price of the PRO Clarisonic brush

But, when you think about it, the face brush help with penetration and I do get it near my eyes. How can this be any better, or can you use it on your eye lid?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:

But, when you think about it, the face brush help with penetration and I do get it near my eyes. How can this be any better, or can you use it on your eye lid?

Is it for sale now, Skincare? I have been watching for this. The only thing I can think of that makes it "better" than the face brush is that the serum is already included in the device.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:35 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Skincare wrote:

Is it for sale now, Skincare? I have been watching for this. The only thing I can think of that makes it "better" than the face brush is that the serum is already included in the device.

It is supposed to be, but I don't see it on their web-site, so I don't understand that. Do you think you can trust their serum to be put on your face?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:

It is supposed to be, but I don't see it on their web-site, so I don't understand that. Do you think you can trust their serum to be put on your face?

I don't know about the serum. I would definitely love to see the ingredients in it, though. I also would like to know how you go about replacing it, as I am sure it runs out eventually!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I can't wait to hear more about this and this is why I started this thread.
SandyOPKS

Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:46 am      Reply with quote
...but haven't received it yet. There is a little more on the internet about it today than there was last week. The serum is in the cap. I think there is enough serum for about 6 weeks using it twice a day. The caps cost about $100 for 2. That means it will cost you about a hundred bucks for 3 months worth of serum. I do think this will replace my eyecream...if it works so that's one expense I won't have. I am very anxious to receive this product to see if if works. You can look on YouTube to see a video about it. I also use the Clarisonic brush and I trust anything they sell. I have had absolutely wonderful results with the brush. Now, if I can just get that DARN Opal in the mail! I will report back...

This is my first time to post. YooHoo! Very Happy

Sandy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Welcome, Sandy! Please post back when you get it and have used it!

Could you also please post the ingredients in the serum when you get the product?

Thanks for the updated information on the cost and how long the serum will last! Good luck with it.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:15 am      Reply with quote
SandyOPKS wrote:
...but haven't received it yet. There is a little more on the internet about it today than there was last week. The serum is in the cap. I think there is enough serum for about 6 weeks using it twice a day. The caps cost about $100 for 2. That means it will cost you about a hundred bucks for 3 months worth of serum. I do think this will replace my eyecream...if it works so that's one expense I won't have. I am very anxious to receive this product to see if if works. You can look on YouTube to see a video about it. I also use the Clarisonic brush and I trust anything they sell. I have had absolutely wonderful results with the brush. Now, if I can just get that DARN Opal in the mail! I will report back...

This is my first time to post. YooHoo! Very Happy

Sandy

Did you order this? I can't seem to find anywhere on the website regarding purchasing this item.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
I just googled Clarisonic Opal and there was a website "skinelements" that sells it. I haven't received mine yet as I won it in a contest from Clarisonic. I am sure that the fact that I am 55 years old helped me win one. If you look on youtube, there is a video showing someone using the product, it's like an infomercial and it does mention some of the ingredients. It is supposed to produce immediate results that last throughout the day, then build over time. We shall see. Can't wait to receive it in the mail and I will be sure to post the 4-1-1! BTW, this is a GREAT site!
havana8

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Skincare wrote:

I don't know about the serum. I would definitely love to see the ingredients in it, though. I also would like to know how you go about replacing it, as I am sure it runs out eventually!

From the pre-release email…

Sea Serum
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Epilobium Angustifolium Leaf/Stem Extract, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Glycosaminoglycans, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Kigelia Africana Fruit Extract, Silanetriol Trehalose Ether, Saccharomyces Ferment, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Ceratonia Siliqua Gum, Hydrolyzed Casein, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Algae Extract, Pullulan, Skeletonema Costatum Extract, Acetyl Citrull Amino Arginine, Arginine PCA, Plankton Extract, Soluble Collagen, Chrondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Chrondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Niacinamide, Ascorbic Acid, Bisabolol, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract, Sodium PCA, Urea, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polyquaternium-51, Ethyl Lauroyl Arginate HCL, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide

The kit is $245 and includes—
• Opal Sonic Infuser
• 2 Anti-Aging Sea Serum Dispenser Caps
• Universal Charger
• Travel Bag (Limited-Time Offer)

plus free ground shipping applies to orders shipped within the continental United States

Here is the User Guide which offers more insight as to how it works:
http://cdn.clarisonic.com/pdfs/user-guides/clarisonic-user-guide-opal.pdf
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Havana. I got the email today, as well. From reading the PDF usage guide, it sounds as though it is supposed to only be used under the eye area.

I can't see anything earth shattering in their ingredient list, but I will definitely look forward to peoples reviews when they get this and try it out!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thanks, Havana. I got the email today, as well. From reading the PDF usage guide, it sounds as though it is supposed to only be used under the eye area.

I can't see anything earth shattering in their ingredient list, but I will definitely look forward to peoples reviews when they get this and try it out!

That's a bummer, why not the entire face?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:

That is a good question! I am not entirely sure why it could not be used all over. I'll send them an email and see if they respond!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Frodo wrote:

That is a good question! I am not entirely sure why it could not be used all over. I'll send them an email and see if they respond!

Ok all. Here is the answer from Clarisonic.

"Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, Opal can be used not only around the eyes, but also between the eyes and lip area. One note, the serum has only been tested around the eyes and if used in other places it may not last as long."
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Can't wait to hear more about this new device.
PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
QVC sells the Clarisonic so maybe they will eventually sell this too. If so, QVC does have a money back guarantee if returned in 30 days. And.....when purchasing anything in Oct/Nov/Dec you have until January to return it. (I know, that's too long of a wait to purchase it). Wink

It would be fantastic if the Opal worked around the mouth too. That alone will get me to purchase it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
It would be fantastic if the Opal worked around the mouth too. That alone will get me to purchase it.

Me, too! I am hoping someone will try it for those particular lines and report back! Very Happy
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Isn't this device just a fancy way of delivering topicals into the skin - the Clarisonic topicals at that, so you're going to have the expense of re-purchasing the serum caps all the time.

I can't see why a really good quality ultrasonic device wouldn't be a better option - especially if you already own a Clarasonic. Then you can also use the topicals of your choice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:00 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I can't see why a really good quality ultrasonic device wouldn't be a better option - especially if you already own a Clarasonic. Then you can also use the topicals of your choice.

That is actually a great idea. I forgot all about my US. I'll pull that back out and start using it again once I get my Mia. Maybe that will be the trick that works!
wl212

Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:52 am      Reply with quote
I totally agree with you rileygirl. The device is too expensive and don't like that I must use only their serum so if you don't like the product you're stuck with the device.
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:36 am      Reply with quote
I found some before and after photos on this site- http://www.styleblueprint.com/skin-care/hot-beauty-gadget-2010-clarisonic-opal/
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:11 am      Reply with quote
lagomorph wrote:
I found some before and after photos on this site- http://www.styleblueprint.com/skin-care/hot-beauty-gadget-2010-clarisonic-opal/

The before and after pictures look good. I would like to know more about the technology of this (technical things), and what makes the Opal better than just a 2 mHz ultrasound. Wish they would provide more information.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |