Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
The New Edition of FlexEffect is Here!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:41 am      Reply with quote
Just to give my insight here, I didn't think CM was stating the conclusions of the origins of Lou's program, just curious (as am I) if there is anything similar in EG's book that looks like Ageless?

For one, I always find it funny that massage became such a key part of her program, because in the beginning it wasn't there, and the only reason it came to be was because of part of the conversations that took place here on EDS. Its not that I think she was against massage in the beginning, but people kept on naturally asking her about her views on it, and after demand she wrote it up and did that brilliant diagram.
mpstat wrote:
cm5597 - I would like to refrain from the conclusions of Loulou's program origins. I got several valuable things from her program. I have seen some other programs that I felt had roots somewhere else mostly in FE. But it is a touchy subject, and those who came up with the programs should be in a better position to clarify their standing. Hope that it is understandable.... Smile
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:18 am      Reply with quote
In the beginning I would do exactly as recommended - then I hit plateaus and needed to change it up. When I hit over build issues I had to change it up. Now after 11 years, I do almost all the exercises - about twice a week. Some I do daily. The ones that negatively affected my TMJ I do not do.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies - for anyone interested in the B. Cartland book- there are a few of them left on UK sites for very little money. On US Amazon this little book cost over $100 right now!
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Suellen wrote:
Ladies - for anyone interested in the B. Cartland book- there are a few of them left on UK sites for very little money. On US Amazon this little book cost over $100 right now!

Yes, on the Facial Exercise: Share The Process and Results thread I posted this last week: I found an edition of the Barbara Cartland book (which made me chuckle as the BC I remember was pink-obsessed, a bit, er, eccentric, about 80 and not looking great for her age! Not very nice, I know, but just my observation. She was related to Princess Diana, too).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Young-Beautiful-Paperduck-Barbara-Cartland/dp/0715614967/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1276911156&sr=8-2-catcorr

It's also on Alibris (the site mpstat mentioned) for much more. http://www.alibris.com/booksearch?qwork=3523101

mpstat said about it: However the reprint can not be even compared to the original Wrinkle Book because it is missing most of the useful diagrams, and on top of it for some reason the parts of the text were modified to remove references to specific muscles plus some other simplifications took away from the topic. I would not recommend the reprint as a substitute for The Wrinkle Book.

Kept it away from the FE thread as it's hijacking it a bit. I'd rather hunt for Elinor's original! We could continue the discussion of her books and facial exercise history on the aforementioned thread?

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
msjaly
5% products discount

Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered the latest version of Flex Effect and am so excited to receive it after reading everyone's reactions! I started with Ageless a year ago and while it helped me regain a general firmness to my face, it didn't help much with my lower face. I tried Faceworks after reading a recommendation for it and it helped but only in a minor way. The thing that always stood out on FE's before and after photos was how lovely the eyes and the lower face looked. I think Lala's photos were what sold me because my facial structure and skin is quite similar to hers. Her profile picture was all the proof I needed to try the program (that, and Toby's seal of approval). I'm glad I chose Ageless first as I will always be grateful for everything I learned on the forums and it is a great, short introduction into the world of exercises. I remember looking at FE and thinking there was no way I would do 28 minutes a day. I think differently now and am excited the program is flexible and has a short and longer program.

I live overseas and it may take from 4-6 weeks before my program arrives (hopefully not). I've been on a break from Ageless since March and have only been doing some forehead exercises from Faceworks to maintain tone and one Eva Frazier 'lift', just to keep some muscle tone in my face. I also do Tanaka massage once daily. I do notice a general loss of some tone and wonder if anyone had any suggestions of things I can do in the meantime, while I wait for FE to arrive?? Ageless exacerbates my marionette lines so won't continue those exercises. Any suggestions??
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
I remember when I ordered my Flexeffect program and I was so excited about starting. I did some massage for the time period before my came. I was very surprised at how much just the massage toned up my face. Check in the Flexeffect forum and let one of the trainers give you some advice for the start up until it comes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
There is a nice freebie on Lea Eigards site you may want to check up for lower face. Also Carole Maggio has a few for the face - free on Youtube. Recommend them as well. These will really help. I like all of them very much.

I am a big fan of FE - but cannot let go of a few Lou Lou favorites and still must do a Carole Maggio set now and then. It's a great short but effective pickme-up. don't know why but it is.

5% products discount

Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the suggestions! I should have thought of going to the FE site myself- duh. Lea Eigard isn't someone I have heard of before but her book looks interesting. I'm going to the site to read more now

Thanks ladies! Very Happy
mayeeta

Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I found out about FE here, and I am planning to buy it. I have some newbie questions, would really appreciate if someone can answer them.

I see there is a DVD and a CD in the program. How long is the video in the DVD?

Is the CD audio or video? If it's audio, is it an audio version of the book, or somewhat an audio version of the video? Thanks in advance.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
This is some of the information from the website and I think it will answer your questions.

DVD –(all visual)The DVD consists of 49 Resistance Training Exercises that can only be found in Facialbuilding. It also consists of 3 new training disciplines: Jolting® , Pressure Reps® (bone remodeling) and Cross Stretching® (skin remodeling). These new training disciplines are the first of their kind and are personally demonstrated by Deb and Audrea Crowley showing the proper way to use your hands with FlexEffect's trademarked technique.

CD-(Audio) Those new to Facialbuilding will find the CD most helpful by supplying them with a place to start. The CD offers 2 training routines to choose from, one short routine lasting 12 minutes and one 20 minute routine. It makes training easy and and is a great way to unwind at night or if you prefer; simply pour yourself a cup of coffee and start your day.

This is the link http://www.flexeffect.com/product.htm

In my experience after using the third edition since March....I am still using the dvd and following along with the demonstrations. I like visuals. The cd is what most are using once they have learned to preform the exercises correctly. At some point I will probably move to the cd but for now I LOVE watching and being motivated as I work out.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby, that is very informative.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Taken from another thread.....
Sujean wrote:
Hi, Thanks for your responses. Being a beginner and just starting face exercise. Which system do you think would be easy enough to stay with it? I'm afraid I won't understand the process and just give up. So I guess I'm asking, which system is easy, quick and effective? It is a little confusing when you know nothing about the exercises. I rely on everyone else's opinions, especially if you have been where I am now. Everything I read looks like bodybuilding people with skills. I am just an average Jane with jowls and sagging skin. I am ready to start a program and feel better about the aging process.

I love your description of yourself because it sounded like me three years ago. I am not a body builder and have no desire to be and know very little about the muscles people are talking about. I am a visual person and follow along with the Flexeffect dvd every time I do it. The third edition is very simple. You should read the book and then follow the dvd. Don't worry about anything else other than the 30 exercises for six months then go on to the other stuff.

5% products discount

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Toby:

How long does it take you to do the 30 exercises? How many times per week do you do them?

Thanks,

Kiley
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
It takes me 12 minutes a day and I do them five days a week. It is very motivating for me to see the video while I do them, many people follow the cd as there is one for 12 minute work out and then one for a 20 min. I have done programs that were long and boring and ones that were short and sweet(but didn't do much). This one is engaging and effective. The time goes by faster with this one than any I have tried. The results for me came very quickly and that just upped my motivation.The forum is wonderful to ask questions and also to keep you motiviated.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:08 am      Reply with quote
Toby thank you so much for your imput. Maybe there is hope for me after all. I was not even aware of face exercise for a sagging face. I visited the flexeffect website and saw that the package is $119, is has the book, cd, dvd and journal. Is this where I order the system? I just bought an electrical pulse devise nutritone to help with firming. I think maybe this devise should go back and try the flexeffect. I just don't want it to be another product I buy that I don't find easy enough to use. I trust your opinion on taking the leap as you sound so similiar to me. Let me know what you think. Is this the forum to post on the flexeffect of should I use the flexeffect website? I look forward to reading anyone elses comments on this system. Maybe there is someone else just beginning.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:16 am      Reply with quote
I have been doing facial exercises for about three years and I have also used lots of skincare devices. Without question the facial exercises have filled out my face and given lift. There are two forums there, one for the general public to sign in on and then with the third edition there is another forum to get detailed help with any question you have about the exercises. You can email pictures to the trainers for advice and even crop your pictures and put them on the forum for help. The forums serve as motivation as well as immediate help with training. I will give you links
Purchase is here http://www.flexeffect.com/product.htm
General forum is here http://flexeffect.proboards.com/index.cgi?(if this link doesn't come up for you it is because you need to go in and register...you don't have to buy the program to register here...it is the general forum)
The training for the third edition will be given to you when you get you program. The trainers are Claudia, Cathy, Sean, and Loli. You can even find posts on this thread by them(Loli doesn't post here).

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Toby Very Happy

Happy to answer additional questions... just let me know!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have two years of facial exercise under my belt and can honestly say it is BY FAR the best thing I have ever done for my face. I have a few gadgets (not many really) and I like them but for lift and facial tone and fill nothing beats facial exercise.
I have rotated through programs - I started with Flex Effect for the first year or more and then incorporated Ageless (still continuing FE) and in the spring I did only Carole Maggio Facercise exercises. As of a month or so ago I am back doing Flex Effect full time with a few of my absolute favorite Facercise exercises thrown in.
I can really see a boost to my face since doing the new program. I'm amazed actually at the results I've gotten even after the previous 1.5+ years of faithful facial exercise work. It is the BEST....

5% products discount

Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
I just went in 1/2 with my brother to order the new edition Smile
I started with Facemaster and then added Ageless. Ageless has almost completly replaced the Facemaster for me. I also added in Carol Maggios brow ex for a bit but have replaced that completely with Tom Haggertys forehead/scalp ex and I love it.
I've had great results, so much so that lately my brother who is 1 year older asked me what I am doing because he has been ageing this past year and for the first time looks older then me ( hes only 1 yr older but he always looked younger because he doesn't have the sun damage I have)
Ive been wanting Flex Effect and going in 1/2 is helping me get it sooner then I anticipated.
I love this forum.........my credit card however does not Sad

36, Sun damage, mottled discoloration on face, forearms,hands.Fine lines.Dry sensitive skin.AALS, Green tea,DIY Vit. C,Carol Maggio face, body mitts,No Lipo-Lipo,Ageless If We Dare, Facemaster,Tom Haggerty forehead ex,Tanaka, OCM. oils:Avocado,Olive,Emu,Jojoba. Badger sunscreen,sunhats.
Miffny
5% products discount

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:25 am      Reply with quote
I'd love to know which exercises tightened up the neck so well & lower face looks amazing too Smile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Are you talking FlexEffect, or Facercise here or even Ageless? Which one you got?
Miffny wrote:
I'd love to know which exercises tightened up the neck so well & lower face looks amazing too Smile
Miffny
5% products discount

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:11 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Are you talking FlexEffect, or Facercise here or even Ageless? Which one you got?
Miffny wrote:

Flex Effect........sorry.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I kind of think the platysma lift is the major one for the neck, but maybe headlifts too. I tended to do more PL's after reading that Loulou and Loli at one point focused only on that muscle and got great results. For the lower face, I think it really seems to depend on your jaw/cheek strength. If they are good, then they seem to work without issue. Its when they are not so strong, that they start curving inwards etc from what I can make out. Not a trainer so just guessing here though.
Miffny wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:
Miffny wrote:

Flex Effect........sorry.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Im seriously considering more surgery (saw a surgeon last week actually).

Then I thought maybe I should try this first. I tried ageless, facercize and tanika and nothing really helped. (im 38 but have very low lids and sagging mouth area) Injections although a quick fix sound like an awful waste of $.

My question is - can the older versions still be purchased? I dont know if Im ready for all that hte new program offers. Also the price.. which of course shouldn't matter if Im considering surgery. BUT if this doesnt work like the other programs didnt than Id like an earlier program to try.

thanks
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Don't know, they were selling the older video, but I'm not sure if that would help you - as the newer dvd demo's all the stuff and I personally struggled with the older one because not everything was demo'd and I was doing some exercises incorrectly. It might be worthwhile asking Claudia here or on their forum.
mb935 wrote:
Im seriously considering more surgery (saw a surgeon last week actually).

Then I thought maybe I should try this first. I tried ageless, facercize and tanika and nothing really helped. (im 38 but have very low lids and sagging mouth area) Injections although a quick fix sound like an awful waste of $.

My question is - can the older versions still be purchased? I dont know if Im ready for all that hte new program offers. Also the price.. which of course shouldn't matter if Im considering surgery. BUT if this doesnt work like the other programs didnt than Id like an earlier program to try.

thanks
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |