Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Smashbox Beauty Breakthroughs set from Sephora
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I just got this kit from Sephora, and I like it but wish there had been more info available on it (since they didn't carry it in stores at first). So I figured I'd go ahead and provide some details! Overall, this turned out to be a really good impulse splurge for me, as they are all products I will use in my regular rotation. I just hope they sell the pencil separately at some point!

Waterproof Eye Shadow Palette -- The colors are fairly neutral; not my total ideal as I'm into grays, but they're mostly brown-toned. There is one matte ivory, one champagne shimmer, one medium golden brown-olive shimmer, one plummy shimmer and one dark brown matte. You have to use a really stiff brush to get the product up (and the brush that comes with this set is very tiny with stiff natural hair that is uncomfortable on my sensitive eyelids -- but it does the job better than my many softer brushes). I haven't really noticed them being significantly more long-wearing on my eyelids, but when I applied them to my hand to test they really seemed to stick. I think my eyelids are just kind of oil slicks.

O-Gloss Shimmer -- I was worried that 'shimmer' would translate to 'waaaay too opaque/pearlized' but it does not. It's a lovely soft shimmer and a nice balmy texture that looks shiny when more product is worn. Doesn't get all that pink though, but it's very subtle and good for "no makeup" days.

Lash Detailer Mascara -- the brush is great, but the formulation is a little lacking, and the tube is smaller than it seems. But I will likely wash off the brush and use it with other mascaras once this one is used up. It's easy to wash off and doesn't smudge too much, but is a bit dry and doesn't go on all that easily. I could also use more volume in relation to how much it lengthens. But still, it's a good product. I just prefer waterproof formulations.

Cheek Stain -- even though this looks like a really blendable gel-stick, it's actually just as tricky as the liquid stains in that the color gets deeply deposited right where the bulk of the product first touches your skin. So you have to be kind of crafty to get an even application; it's not just an easy swipe. Still, I like this packaging and formulation better than other liquid or gel or cream cheek stains I've tried, and the color is a nice rosy flush (pretty much identical to Sephora's Wine Lip & Cheek Stain or Stila's Pomegranate Crush -- a very cool-toned shade IMO).

Poured Photo Op -- Never tried the liquid version, but I do really like the silky balm texture of this stuff. On sight it looked like it would be too dark for me, but it almost doesn't seem to show up at all when I wear it, color-wise. It does make my under eye area look kind of greasy/shiny so I have to do a bit of powder on top sometimes. I think it's meant for people with really dark circles/saggy-looking eyes, but it does seem to make me look more awake without the weirdness or heaviness of wearing under-eye concealer.

Brow Wax Pencil -- LOVE it! Just like what I imagine Givenchy's Mister Eyebrow is like, but cheaper. Smile It's a lovely, non-messy formulation but I imagine it'll be gross to sharpen. Worth it though! I stroke it on both brows and then use a mascara spooly brush to shape.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Ginnieliz - Thank you for such a detailed review. I am fond of good brow pencils too - hard to find.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |