Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Bobbi Brown Cleansing Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
garbath
5% products discount

Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
I bought this cleansing oil solely out of desperation. My skin is normal to dry but lately after using several brands (especially Biotherm Aquasource) my skin was really dry especially around the cheeks. I then switched to Lancome and the sales assistant recommended me the Lancome Express Clarifying Self-Foaming Cleanser. This helped in the beginning and sorted out the dryness on the cheeks but my skin has a mind of its own and it soon went back to its old ways of the dry cheeks.

Last month, my skin was at its worst so in my desperation I turned to Bobbi Brown. I had read rave reviews about the Cleansing Oil in magazines so I thought let’s give this a try. After a month using this oil my skin is back to normal and there is no more dryness.

Just put 1-2 squirts of the oil in the palm of your hand and then spread them onto your dry, uncleaned face. Then in circular motions gently rub them around your face and eye lids. Yes, I even tried it on eye lids! After that just dab a little warm water on your face and it will dissolve/emulsify and then rub a little bit more and just wash it away. I don’t use makeup that much just powder and sun block and some mascara (not water proof). It came off all the way. It did not leave an oily film on my face. Instead my face was smooth and soft and even slightly moisturised. No more dryness. It should be noted that I went through a month of a trial and error process in achieving the correct amount of oil for my skin type. So what amount works for me may not work for others. My word of advise is to use 1-2 squirt of oil first.

The scent of the oil was just subtle for me and really soothing. Thank goodness there was no floral smell. It cites Olive and Jojoba Oils and Ginger Root Extract as some of its ingredients. I suppose that’s where the scent came from.

I only use it once a day in the evening. In fact Bobbi Brown recommends using it once a day for best effects.

I think it retails about US32.00 for 200ml. It is a bit steep for just a cleansing oil so you might want to ask for some samples from the sales assistant if you’re interested. The design is pretty much Bobbi Brown standard- black pump, see through cylinder with her name on it. The oil is slightly pale gold in colour.

I know that people will compare this to Shu Umera’s cleansing oil, doing a Bobbi Brown vs Shu Umera sort of comparison. I’ve never used Shu Umera’s cleansing oil so I can’t compare. What I can say is that the Bobbi Brown cleansing oil is really great so I have no regrets on my implusive purchase. It has balanced my skin. To those who are allergic to mineral oils, the sales assistant assured me there were none but I am not sure whether this is correct. Anyway like I said I was desperate. The cleansing oil is dermatologist tested, ophthalmologist tested and suitable for contact lens wearer.

Here are the ingredients : Isoproply Palmitate, Triethylhexanoin, Isodecyl Isononanoate, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisotearate, Polybutene, Triisostearin, PEG-8 Diisostearate, PEG-12 Diisostearate, Zingiber Offinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Bixa Orellana Seed Extract, Pentylene Glycol, Glyderin, Bisabolol, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Glyceryl Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Water\Aqua\Eau <ILN35913>
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I have never used this brand of facial care.Thank you for sharing.
In any case, I think 32 dollars is very expensive

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
it's a famous brand all over the world
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried OCM (with natural oils, e.g. olive oil, jojoba oil, castor oil, etc.)? How does this compare?

Your review is tempting, but there are so many ingredients on the Bobbi Brown list - the actual jojoba and olive oils are pretty far down, there can't be much of them in there.
Auu
5% products discount

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:26 am      Reply with quote
I think at this price , it is no advantage. Make-up of this brand is more worth.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Auu wrote:
I think at this price , it is no advantage. Make-up of this brand is more worth.

What is no advantage?
Jess_Doll
5% products discount

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:22 am      Reply with quote
Bobbi brown is well known for their make up. Not really skincare. I guess that is where luyan is coming from.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying that, Jess_Doll Smile
garbath
5% products discount

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi 3rd.oculus.

Nope I've never done any homemade OCM yet so I can't compare. Though I wish I could but the essential oils are so expensive over here in Asia.

I like this cleansing oil, I really do and it works for me.

If you're interested in it, just drop by a Bobbi Brown counter and ask the SA about this oil. If you're lucky you may get a sample.

As for the retail price of USD32 I am not sure how much it really costs cos I just converted the retail amount i paid in our currency to US dollars. It may in fact be a lot cheaper than what I had written here.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, thanks for sharing that garbath!

I've always used DHC Deep Cleansing Oil when I needed an oil cleanser to remove Euro SS like Avene and Bioderma. It seems to work well to remove everything but leaves my skin feeling a little dry. I'll give BB a try!

Ingred of DHC DCO:
olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil

OCM with castor oil and any other oil I've ever tried just made my skin an erupting volcano of cystic pustules. OMG it was horrible!! DHC doesn't do this to me tho!!

5% products discount

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome fawnie!

If you have normal to dry skin like I did, start slowly with the cleansing oil and just apply one squirt on the palm of hand and apply it to your face.

I went through several trial and errors before I found the right consistency/number of squirts/circular motions with fingers/rubbing on the face.

I was pleased that the oil didnt have any of that overpowering and sweet smell. The scent of ginger in that oil was just nice for me.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:29 am      Reply with quote
garbath wrote:
Hi 3rd.oculus.

Nope I've never done any homemade OCM yet so I can't compare. Though I wish I could but the essential oils are so expensive over here in Asia.

I like this cleansing oil, I really do and it works for me.

If you're interested in it, just drop by a Bobbi Brown counter and ask the SA about this oil. If you're lucky you may get a sample.

As for the retail price of USD32 I am not sure how much it really costs cos I just converted the retail amount i paid in our currency to US dollars. It may in fact be a lot cheaper than what I had written here.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will stop by a Bobbi Brown counter and see if I can get a sample. Though if it is $32, that's. . . Confused
Katsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds and looks fairly similar to MAC Cleanse Off Oil. I don't have the box to compare the ingredients, but similar in idea. MAC might be a slightly cheaper alternative - CDN 25 for MAC vs US 38 for Bobbie Brown.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Katsey - thanks. CDN 25 is better, though still pretty steep if you think about it. . .

Anyone used the Fancl or Kose oil cleansers? I think they're around $10 a bottle.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |