Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Babor: refreshing shower gel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
Babor Body Line Thermal, refreshing shower gel
this is a thick cream body cleanser, that has a hint of blue. it smells zesty like ocean and fruits/flowers. a nice thick shower gel that works up a beautiful lather in the shower. i used a shower fluffy with this product, and a little squeeze went for miles. it feels silky while working up a great cleaning lather... was very impressed. the best part of this experience that i did not expect, was afterwards...

my skin felt luxuriously clean and towel dried.. but upon closer inspection, the shower left a skily finish to my skin. my whole body was moisturized and glossy, it glowed like it was sun-kissed. this is amazing because it felt weightless. i didn't even realize anything was left on my skin.

a really nice product for the winter. i'm impressed! Very Happy

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
havana8

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Your review makes this sound really lovely, Ilina. Smile Are you able to post the ingredient listing when you get a chance? I am interested in what is in it. TIA.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Ingredients: Water, MIPA-laureth Sulfate, Fragrance, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, TEA-lauryl Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sorbus Torminalis Etract, Sorbus Aucuparia Fruit Extract, Pinus Sylvestris Leaf Extract, Mentha Piperita (peppermint) Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (lavender) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (rosemary) Leaf Extract, Menthol, Menthyl Lactate, Camphor, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, PEG-40 Hydrogenated...

i've used this several times, and the same result. a very natural smooth finish on the body. an all over hydration but still leaves my skin feeling clean. a very nice product that does a 2-in-1 (cleaning & moisturizing) for your winter skin, in the shower!

to top it off, there was no slippery residue on the shower floor!
*thumbs up*

Smile

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:07 am      Reply with quote
That does sound very nice but I have a question. Do you have to use one of those fluffies? Without using the fluffy, would the soap wash off easily or do you have to keep rubbing it off your skin as you rinse?

This has become a problem for me and I think it was irritating my skin. Recently, I purchased Khiel's aloe shower gel and Forest Rain scented one and BioDerma (with the blue soap colour). I have only had the chance to try two and so far, there is no film left behind on my skin.

Otherwise, I use my Cetaphil for oily skin as a shower gel.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
That does sound very nice but I have a question. Do you have to use one of those fluffies? Without using the fluffy, would the soap wash off easily or do you have to keep rubbing it off your skin as you rinse?

This has become a problem for me and I think it was irritating my skin. Recently, I purchased Khiel's aloe shower gel and Forest Rain scented one and BioDerma (with the blue soap colour). I have only had the chance to try two and so far, there is no film left behind on my skin.

i don't think you have to use a shower fluffy. i'll try it today without a fluffy and see if it rinses off clean.

for oily skin? i use this on my body and i find that it cleans it well while leaving it silky, even after "robe" drying. this is fab for winter dry itchy skin. its really amazing how it felt like nothing was there but it was hydrated and silky all over.

Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:21 am      Reply with quote
I didn't mean that I have oily skin, but I use Cetaphil for oily skin as a shower gel. It's not drying and rinses well. Smile
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I didn't mean that I have oily skin, but I use Cetaphil for oily skin as a shower gel. It's not drying and rinses well. Smile

oh ok! gottcha!

will try it tonight with just my hands and rinse.

btw, it is so much easier using the shower gels in the shower, isn't it. just squeeze & go crazy.

though i'm a bit old fashioned and love big chunks of soap to wash my hands and in the bath, i do find shower gels less of a fuss and too easy to use.

Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:35 am      Reply with quote
I agree and I think I read somewhere that Paula Begeon said that in general, they are better for your skin but to watch out for strong detergents.

Soap bars leave a film behind in your shower stall if you don't clean up immediately, which can be hard to do if you are in a hurry to get to work.
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:31 am      Reply with quote
I do not demand much of the shower gel. THE BODY SHOP's also very good, cost-effective

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:

i did the turbo shower test last night without the fluffy. alls good!

i just used my hands to massage the babor around and it rinsed off nicely.

wow, i really love this hydrating effect... very silky without greasy and gives my body a beautiful glow and healthy look.

llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:23 am      Reply with quote
luyan wrote:
I do not demand much of the shower gel. THE BODY SHOP's also very good, cost-effective

yes, i used to love the body shop. i've used their shower&bath products and also loved their scented glycerin soaps.

someone actually got me a body shop coconut bath and body set this christmas. i put it in my bath&shower cupboard. i have separate cupboard for bath&shower products... its filled with department store, drug store, body shop, lush, etc products. i love using and alternating products, but one thing that i do find, in GENERAL, the more high end shower/bath products tend to be a better quality. just a small amount does so much.

i still buy nice smelly cheap calgon, life brand, etc cuz i love the scents... but most of the time, i end up in the shower busy trying to squeeze out more and more product. i realized with the cheaper brands, though they are fun to use, one shower gel bottle lasts me 3-4 showers. i end up with alot of empty bottles.

the babor is a better quality. a small amount lathers and foams and envelops my body. i have 2 tubes and still on my first.

luyan, if you like bodyshop soaps, also try the lush bar soaps. they are my fav! and my weakness!

Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much! This will be worth giving a try.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
you're very welcome skincare! Smile

i wish stores sold samples. too many times i bought products, some expensive products, and the quality just wasn't there. this is especially true for products that are easy giveaways... soaps, cleansers, shampoo, etc.

i usually do a frusterated dance in the shower trying to get more product out of the bottle... and wondering what is going on, am i crazy? did i pick up the baby oil bottle, no bubbles!

chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
A FANCL development of products for European and American markets, its family heritage of the usual things without preservative qualities. Therefore, when using the skin feeling very comfortable. It is home cleansing is also very good, worth trying.
Amy Lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
It's smells good and I have been using them for years!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Ilina, have you tried any of the other body skin care products from Babor yet?
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 11:59 am      Reply with quote
sorry skincare, i haven't. i've been so busy with hair serums, and skincare lines from guerlain and givenchy, and experimenting more with cellcosmet and sothys that i haven't gotten around to skincare yet. oh my! and i still have to pick up gel liners and brushes for this warm weather... i'm falling behind schedule. Neutral

for hair i tried the babor shampoo (hotel line) but EDS does not sell it. i tried the dr H shampoo but didn't like it... i still have to go through some more shampoos. sorry, getting side tracked there.

for body bath and shower... i'm still using the babor shower gel... and interchanging with the brands that are in my cupboard.... using the clarisonics with them. bought 2 more pros. hmm.. and bought the opal but still have to try it out.

sorry, i'm working 7 days a week... and i'm dying! Surprised

are you having any luck with shower gels?

Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Ilina, I have plans to try a specific lotion from Babor in the fall. I don't want to try now because I plan to use body scrubs and self tanner to give my pale, pale skin some colour.

As for shower gels, I didn't buy Babor shower gel, but I did try a few the past eight months. So far, at the top of my list is Kiehl's 1851 aloe vera shower gel.

I will send you a PM about your dying situation.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
hi skincare,

i'm using the clarisonic pros to exfoliate/scrub my body... using 4 of them in rotation. before discovering the clarisonics, and even now, i rotate and i use the manual scrubbers. like the long japanese scrub clothes. they are super cheap,($1) and last FOREVER. you just soak in the tub, use some soap and scrub away. that japanese scrub cloth will take off everything! Surprised

last week i was looking at body exfoliators with glycolic acid 15% (?)- a lazy alternative to scrubbing... but i opted not. i thought it would be best to keep chemical exposure to a minimal... and try to keep things more natural.

k, i'm jabbering again! Laughing

got your pm. you're soooo super! thank you... just the thought is comforting. you make me feel special!

*warm hug*
lina

(its the end of the day for me. going home to zone out and perhaps play with some potions. skincare have a wonderful weekend. the warm weather is here and love is in the air! Very Happy )

Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
I don't want to take away from this thread, but another member introduced me to Sofina Perfect UV. I am trying some other Japanese brands also.

I hope to buy the PRO version of Clarisonic brush sometime soon. I can't wait to try the body brush.

So you use Babor Refreshing shower gel with your Clarisonic brush?
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
hi babes,
yes, i use the babor gel with the clarisonic, in the shower. with different types of gadgets or approaches, there are pros and cons. the pro is that the clarisonic pro is good for days when i'm too tired and my arms ache... it good to go over the body and does most of the work for you. i especially like to stick it in my arm pits for a thorough clean! Laughing and to give my feet a good cleaning also. sometimes, i use it like a dry brush and exfoliate my skin while watching tv... just to exfoliate.

i do wish they made the pro bush a bit rougher... or come out with a rougher brush, for a deeper cleaning/exfoliation. but then again, i'm a bit of a power junkie... like a guy at home depot, in the electric tool aisle. Shock

i do find that it helps for nooks and crannies...like the back of your neck, or the curved area of the collar bone.

k, skincare, i'm gonna call it a nigbt. i'm becoming incoherent and redundant.

sweet dreams!

Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Glad to hear that Pro Clarisonic works. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |