Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

makeup question....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Dont know why its taken me THIS long to ask because this has been bugging me FOREVER.

Acne and oily skin had been a major issue for me for years - its cleared up now. But I STILL can not get that matte, flawless finish. I was told that look had more to do with a person's skin NOT the makeup - but no matter what I try - you can still see my reddish skin coloring.

What I want can best be described as... the look transvestites have. Smile you know that perfect flawless skin... i mean these are men with facial hair but still have such great foundation.

what makeup do I need - ive tried a few primers that did NOTHING

thanks..
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
PS...

I tried MAC foundation and ERA spray as well... not what i was hoping for.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi mb935,
I also would love to have that matte, flawless finish! I think make-u p is very helpful and beneficial in achieving a more polished and refined look for me, but I don't think I'll ever look "flawless." I do think it has to do with your skin. I have oily skin with somewhat large pores, and there's only so much make-up can do.

I do wish I knew how the transvestites do it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:24 am      Reply with quote
thanks for answering - i know its an odd question.

what about stage makeup - i mean it may look too much for work or daytime.... but my skin isnt that bad anymore and foundation just doesnt seem to look the same on me as on others...
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:15 am      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
thanks for answering - i know its an odd question.

what about stage makeup - i mean it may look too much for work or daytime.... but my skin isnt that bad anymore and foundation just doesnt seem to look the same on me as on others...

Maybe you can try with Coverderm - this cosmetic is really nice - I tried it and used it for some time but I don't need lots of make up. The key for this products are trying to find exact quantity (little, very little) which you are applying, and than results are fabulous. Their Finishing powder is one of the best I ever tried.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried mineral foundation? It covers really without looking heavy. My favorite brands are Lumiere, Lauress and Meow Cosmetics.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Yes (even though I don't use it) I would say the right shade of mineral makeup. I find applied correctly...which is a learning curve in itself...will give that blank canvas look. A bit too muc so for my liking. I like to then mist it with my own spray of rosewater with a dash of glycerin to set it and give back a hint of dewiness.

HTH

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Probably facial threading to remove traces of light, soft hair (remember these *guys* shave very carefully and thoroughly before apply the makeup - they'd have to. Shoot, maybe they wax Laughing Their faces are very, very exfoliated for certain. Do you do this? Dry brushing your face might help.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
YES... I do everything listed on this site. Smile
dry brushing
dermarolling
retin a
cupping
tanika (?) massage
ETC

SO I can see that I do mabye TOO much.. but still in need of a good coverage

I ahve tried mineral - but it was drugstore brand.

THANKS for hte help! Ill look into the brands listed.
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
My sister layers her makeup. She uses a tinted moisturizer, concealer, compact foundation, and a tinted powder to finish. Her brand is Lancome, but I bet MAC makeup would provide a heavier, more matte look.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Those "guys" are very young so their complexions are super fabulous, plus they shave every day. They are taking skin cells off every day...or exfoliating their skin.

Sounds like you're looking for heavy coverage foundation with titanium dioxide in it. Dermablend the industry standard has some good ones or Revlon, L'Oreal. Just read the ingredients listings and ask for samples before you lay down your money. Good luck.
B3CKS

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Layering works well. By buffing mineral powder foundation over liquid foundation you can pretty much 'cancel out' your face. Shock Smile

It can be tricky to get hold of and there are limited colours, but Kevyn Aucoin's Liquid Airbrush foundation gives a great airbrushed finish that really grips to your face.

I also love Dr Brandt's 'Pores No More' as a primer. It works to both mattify and like a filler, giving a great, smooth base for foundation. I have oily, blemish-prone skin and I swear by it.

Good luck!
Becks x
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Wanted to thank you guys for the mineral makeup suggestions. (i had tried drugstore brands that werent good).

I just tried my first sample this morning and so far like it. I didnt even use that much since the sample was sooo small. But I can see how a good coverage can be achieved. I will also try layering the mineral over liquid and see how that works for me.

ONE QUESTION: Do you have to hold your breath to avoid inhaling it???? Thats my least favorite thing about it. Smile

THANKS!!
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:22 am      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
Dont know why its taken me THIS long to ask because this has been bugging me FOREVER.

Acne and oily skin had been a major issue for me for years - its cleared up now. But I STILL can not get that matte, flawless finish. I was told that look had more to do with a person's skin NOT the makeup - but no matter what I try - you can still see my reddish skin coloring.

What I want can best be described as... the look transvestites have. Smile you know that perfect flawless skin... i mean these are men with facial hair but still have such great foundation.

thanks..

i asked my tranny girlfriend... but she was in a rush to get to work. she does late night shows on church st. she said she uses quo from shoppers drug mart and finishes with sprays of hairspray. the hairspray keep everything intact from evening show to morning 6 am.
HTH

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
luna*
5% products discount

Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:36 am      Reply with quote
I can highly recommend Dermablend corrective foundation. This gives you a flawless complexion and last all day, at least on my skin.

You can check out the reviews on MUA if you like:
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=88419/Dermablend_Corrective_Foundation/Vichy/Foundations
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:49 am      Reply with quote
THANKS lliana! Thats the kind of rec. I needed. Smile I dont know about the hairspray though.

Ill look into Quo (?). (im now into experimenting with foundation instead of just accepting the crap Ive been using).

I think i tried dermablend - but i had acne skin then - so maybe Ill try that again as well!!
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:01 am      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
mb935 wrote:

thanks..

i asked my tranny girlfriend... but she was in a rush to get to work. she does late night shows on church st. she said she uses quo from shoppers drug mart and finishes with sprays of hairspray. the hairspray keep everything intact from evening show to morning 6 am.
HTH

what does she do with hairspray?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
*mirjana* wrote:
llina wrote:
mb935 wrote:

thanks..

HTH

what does she do with hairspray?

before my friend does her shows, she says she will cleanse her face, use toner, and then start applying her face products.... primer, foundation, pressed powder, etc (that she uses make up from quo). that a thorough cleansing and use of toner helps the make up apply better and stay better. once all make up is applied, she 'sets' her make up with sprays/spritzes of hairspray. meaning she sprays hairspray over the make-up so that it will 'set' and stay on all night long till 6 am, she said! she said to spray onto your face at arms length (not close up).
i dunno... i don't use much make up.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, I can't even imagine to do that to my face.
But, I am sure that this tipp must be a result of experience and that it works.
Howewer, it seems to me like a bad thing to do with face Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:04 am      Reply with quote
Maybe you can try Sisley phyto teint eclat fluid foundation
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:45 am      Reply with quote
llina

I think your friend must be genetically blessed to be able to do the hairspray on the face Confused
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
circus wrote:
llina

I think your friend must be genetically blessed to be able to do the hairspray on the face Confused

Anxious ok, i hope everyone realizes my friend is a girl but half a guy, right?

she has nice thick healthy skin and doesn't wear any makeup during the day (not working). when she puts on make up, she is gorgeous. she is just fabulous at makeup. i don't think she is a trained makeup artist but just so great at putting on her own. of course, sometimes it is over the top, i guess this is needed for stage work. just glitzy... huge lashes, big lips, and glitter... i myself can't do this but really love this glam look!

System
Automatic Message
Sun May 12, 2024 1:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |