Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
When to decide that a product/regime isn't working "eno
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
murray28
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:57 am      Reply with quote
I have a bit of a philosophical question for everyone: when do you decide that a particular product or regime that IS WORKING (giving noticeable results) isn't working "ENOUGH"?

I'm wondering because skin can change with age, bodies "adjust" to products, people have mentioned switching products to give the body a rest and then resuming back to the 1st product has improved it's effectiveness, etc.

For example, I am pretty much acne free for the past year thanks to a new regime. However, that does not mean that I'm satisfied with my skin - I think it's much too oily, pores are large, etc. So I'm thinking about trying out the Oil Cleansing Method ... EXCEPT THAT MY CURRENT REGIME WORKS (as in - NO ACNE). Or, a better example: I've read a lot here about people making their own masks/peels and eventually they come to that point when they switch from a 1% concentration of some weird chemical (as a newbie, A LOT of what is talking about here seems ... technical) to a 2% concentration. How do you know when to make the switch?

As a note: I don't just mean "try out" either - although I would certainly stop using something if it gave me an allergic reaction. But I think I've learned over time that there most definitely is a purging process of the skin and sometimes it CAN take 3 months or so to reach a products true effectiveness. Which is SCARY - I DO NOT WANT 3 months of acne to know whether something is really working the way I want it to be.

So what say you all? Or am I just turning into product junkie?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
I think most of us will think from time to time that there is something better out there for our skin...sometimes there maybe, sometimes not.

Usually people will increase a concentration of say retin-a or BHA when they are not getting the desired result.

Since your routine is working well for you I would be hesitant to suggest any changes. But maybe you could make a small change that could help.
Can you list the products that you are using now?
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I always compare two products / things at a time, by doing one thing to one half of my face and/or body and the other thing to the other half. That way I always have something to compare it to and some sort of "control" to accounts for where my skin is personally at the moment. Smile Also, typically, I give most things at most 2-3 months, as I can always tell what the better treatment by then.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |