Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Hemorrhoids
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
diane.jsmith

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I am recovering from hemorrhoid surgery this week. Has anyone else had problems with hemorrhoids and riding bikes. My doctor said it was pretty common for bikers to get hemorrhoids because of the pressure of sitting on the bike seats.

Has anyone else had problems with this? Don't be bashful, I know this is an embarrassing subject. It doesn't need to be.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:56 am      Reply with quote
diane.jsmith wrote:
I am recovering from hemorrhoid surgery this week. Has anyone else had problems with hemorrhoids and riding bikes. My doctor said it was pretty common for bikers to get hemorrhoids because of the pressure of sitting on the bike seats.

Has anyone else had problems with this? Don't be bashful, I know this is an embarrassing subject. It doesn't need to be.

Not from bike riding, but having 4 huge babies push down did me in. A midwife recommended Alum powder and that really helped me shrink the evil devils. (the hemorrhoids not the kids). Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:57 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon,

Can you please tell me more about how to use this Alum powder? Do you use it as is or dissolve it in water first?
Where do you buy the right one? Drug shelves of Food shelves?

I found 4 types: Ammonium alum, Potash alum, Chrome alum, Soda alum. Which one do we need?

Thanks
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
I had my last almost 22 years ago! It's the same alum used in styptic pencils, so I just asked the pharmacist.
It's used dry easiest way on a piece of gauze then use a pantyliner to keep it in place. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
"22 years ago" sounds great!
Does that mean this Alum Powder helped you to get rid of them completely for good?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
YB wrote:
"22 years ago" sounds great!
Does that mean this Alum Powder helped you to get rid of them completely for good?

Yep, Thank God for Midwives and their bag of tricks! It takes time but it worked for me. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thank You so much !!!

I am on my way to drugstore already Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
YB wrote:
Thank You so much !!!

I am on my way to drugstore already Smile

Good Luck! Smile Drive safely!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
So you just bought one of those styptic pencils? I've never heard of those. I've never had a hemorrhoid myself but my 4 year old has quite a large one that is very uncomfortable and sometime painful for him. He was about 3-1/2 when we first noticed it and no creams have worked at all, not even prescription. We saw a ped who spoke to surgeons and they want to wait abit long before they do surgery. I am curious though, how exactly do they remove a hemorrhoid? We never got into that at the appointment, only that because of his age they would have to do it at CHEO as day surgery. I am quite nervous about it.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P,

Styptic pencils were common when men used straight razors then those with replaceable blades, they dab the end on a cut to stop the bleeding. This that I used was just a pure powder form, I wouldn't try on a child that young it's one of those grit your teeth and bear it for a minute as it does hurt a bit, but passes quickly.
The surgery my father had required no anesthesia they do banding which cuts off the blood supply to the hemorrhoid but it's only used for those that are external. They basically die and just fall off after a while.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks DarkMoon, my little guys is external but sometimes it goes back up inside and we only see it after he goes to the bathroom. They did say he would need anethesia though because of his age.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Thanks DarkMoon, my little guys is external but sometimes it goes back up inside and we only see it after he goes to the bathroom. They did say he would need anethesia though because of his age.

I can understand that I think with adults they just use a local, but getting a young child to stay still through a procedure like that would be really difficult.

5% products discount

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
I had a bad case of hemorrhoids myself this summer! I thought they were never going to go away, but after a couple months they did. I found out that one of my favorite activities, bathroom reading, can cause hemorrhoids! I used to like reading a magazine or something while on the jon but it turns out the pressure from sitting there can encourage the 'roids. So I stopped doing that. A few things that were also helpful include increasing fiber intake (metamucil), sitting on cryo-therapy packs (got from Walgreens), taking stool softeners (hard stools would irritate the hemorrhoids), and applying an OTC OINTMENT (sticks better than cream!) to the area.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |