Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Jan 2010
Posts: 357
Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:09 am      Reply with quote
how r my buddies ?????????
Very Happy
mill
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jun 2010
Posts: 10
Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. I just found this forum this morning. I am so happy that this support is out there. This is the 7th day I am using the products. My skin is pink, but not much worse than my rosacea. I called my aesthetician at my dermatologist's office this morning because I am experiencing burning when I apply the Vit. C until 15 min after the whole application process. She advised me to cease using the Vit. C until my 6 wk. check up and to mix hydrocortisone cream 1% with the blender and exfoliator and the blender and retinA. She also said to use the exfoliator and retinA every third day. Wow, am I glad to hear that! She also said I could use some moisturizer (I have Shiseido) for the flaking, especially for days like today when we are meeting family for dinner. Thought you might all like to know this. Thank you for being there. Wink

_________________
Smile-it makes you and other happy
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Jul 2009
Posts: 350
Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
mill wrote:
Hi. I just found this forum this morning. I am so happy that this support is out there. This is the 7th day I am using the products. My skin is pink, but not much worse than my rosacea. I called my aesthetician at my dermatologist's office this morning because I am experiencing burning when I apply the Vit. C until 15 min after the whole application process. She advised me to cease using the Vit. C until my 6 wk. check up and to mix hydrocortisone cream 1% with the blender and exfoliator and the blender and retinA. She also said to use the exfoliator and retinA every third day. Wow, am I glad to hear that! She also said I could use some moisturizer (I have Shiseido) for the flaking, especially for days like today when we are meeting family for dinner. Thought you might all like to know this. Thank you for being there. Wink


Sounds like a good plan!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 1575
Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
how r my buddies ?????????
Very Happy


Hello to you! How have your Obagi days been going? I'm back to my maintenance plan after a full Nuderm 6-week stint. Didn't note any real significant changes during that time. Guess my skin has been "Obagi'd" to the max!

Hope you're doing well! Smile

_________________
50 Is definitely NOT nifty!!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 1575
Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum, Mill! Thanks for sharing your update so far. What type of skin issues are you addressing with Obagi?

_________________
50 Is definitely NOT nifty!!
mill
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jun 2010
Posts: 10
Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:56 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Welcome to the forum, Mill! Thanks for sharing your update so far. What type of skin issues are you addressing with Obagi?


Hi, Kim. I don't mind my smile lines, so we are attacking the red spots (rosacea) and brown sun damage spots, large pores in the tzone and acne brought on by prednisone (which I am no longer taking). I understand the smile lines may go away today, which is fine with me, of course. I am 56, though people tell me they cannot believe it, which I don't get. My sadness is with the improved skin I will greatly miss the sun and the tan. In the last 24 hours, the redness has lightened, and I am back on my Shiseido eye cream and a very light touch of moisturizer. They didn't tell me that I could use them at my appt, and they also had me on a very aggressive program. I suppose they put you on it to see if your skin can endure it and you get faster results? Yesterday she said that the Obagi will continue to work if I add some moisturizer. Do you find this to be true? Thank you for your interest Wink

_________________
Smile-it makes you and other happy
mill
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jun 2010
Posts: 10
Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:01 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
maheen1 wrote:
how r my buddies ?????????
:D


Hello to you! How have your Obagi days been going? I'm back to my maintenance plan after a full Nuderm 6-week stint. Didn't note any real significant changes during that time. Guess my skin has been "Obagi'd" to the max!

Hope you're doing well! :)


Are you going to do IPL treatements? I intend to do them in fall if I am not satified with the Obagi. My dermatologist highly recommends the 2 treatments together. I also had an oxygen facial which was awesome-lots of minerals and vitamins included. Wish I could do that once a week. Alas. I only did it because it was included with my Obagi purchase. OH, they also have me on Refissa for the retin A. Good luck!

_________________
Smile-it makes you and other happy
frijuxa
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Jun 2010
Posts: 1
Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:19 am      Reply with quote
hello everybody.... im new to obagi... on my 4th week! im was very excited to start this program... but , after reading all of your posts, im worried, i havent peeled a bit, and i havent missed one day, what could be wrong?
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Posts: 369
Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:11 am      Reply with quote
frijuxa wrote:
hello everybody.... im new to obagi... on my 4th week! im was very excited to start this program... but , after reading all of your posts, im worried, i havent peeled a bit, and i havent missed one day, what could be wrong?


Are you using the correct amount of product? 1 gram of the Clear, 1/2 gram of Exfoderm, and 1/2-1 gram of tretinoin mixed with 1/2 gram of the Blender?

1/2 gram is a thick line of product from the tip of pinky to first joint, or the amount of product from the O to the A in Obagi on the product container.

You should also not be using any moisturizer.

_________________
40, Asian, Fitpatrick III with mostly moderate hyperpigmentation and isolated severe. Currently on Obagi Nu-Derm.
mill
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jun 2010
Posts: 10
Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:31 am      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:
Can somebody recommend a good eye cream that won't burn/sting my skin while using obagi? I've been applying the obagi around the eyes and the couple of eye creams I have burn when I apply.


Hi, Kristy it's mill. You know, I am very careful using obagi around the eyes. I don't go very close. I am using my Shiseido eye cream. It is pricey, but I have used it for years. (In fact, I have used Shiseido religiously for 5 years and no one believes that I am my age. Even my dermatologist. Shiseido is used by many Asians. It is very moisturing, and the Dr. said I could use the moisturizers for special occasions to hide some of the peeling.) I notice a little irritation, but I think it is the obagi bothering me-I haven't figured out why, though, since I am not applying it close to my eyes. I use hydrocortisone cream 1% with my exfoliator and retinA as my DR. suggested. It has really relieved the burning sensation on my face. In fact, I only use the exfoliator every 3 days, and the retinA on a different 3rd day because my face was ON FIRE. They also told me to stop using the Vit. C until I go in for my 6 week appt. I have very sensitive skin. The eye area is also very sensitive. Please be careful. I hope this will help you.
Has anyone else notice their fingers are drier since using the obagi? And trust me, I am always applying creams. I am a lotion/potion mama

_________________
Smile-it makes you and other happy
acta5534
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 23
Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have 6 more weeks to go on the regimen. I noticed minor improvements but nothing substantial. After completing 16 weeks can I continue the full regimen until I get the desired results? Any recommendations?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
acta5534 wrote:
I have 6 more weeks to go on the regimen. I noticed minor improvements but nothing substantial. After completing 16 weeks can I continue the full regimen until I get the desired results? Any recommendations?


What are you trying to improve? Are you using the correct amount of all the products in the Nu Derm set?

You can continue on the full regimen for 24 weeks.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 1575
Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
frijuxa wrote:
hello everybody.... im new to obagi... on my 4th week! im was very excited to start this program... but , after reading all of your posts, im worried, i havent peeled a bit, and i havent missed one day, what could be wrong?


Hi Frijuxa,
Kristy could be right about you not using enough of each product. It might be helpful if you posted your Nuderm regimen with the products you are using.

_________________
50 Is definitely NOT nifty!!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 1575
Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
mill wrote:
kims wrote:
maheen1 wrote:
how r my buddies ?????????
Very Happy


Hello to you! How have your Obagi days been going? I'm back to my maintenance plan after a full Nuderm 6-week stint. Didn't note any real significant changes during that time. Guess my skin has been "Obagi'd" to the max!

Hope you're doing well! Smile


Are you going to do IPL treatements? I intend to do them in fall if I am not satified with the Obagi. My dermatologist highly recommends the 2 treatments together. I also had an oxygen facial which was awesome-lots of minerals and vitamins included. Wish I could do that once a week. Alas. I only did it because it was included with my Obagi purchase. OH, they also have me on Refissa for the retin A. Good luck!



Hi Mill,
I did one IPL treatment after I went on maintenance and it didn't really do anything else to improve my skin. But, you could have entirely different results.

_________________
50 Is definitely NOT nifty!!
acta5534
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 23
Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
acta5534 wrote:
I have 6 more weeks to go on the regimen. I noticed minor improvements but nothing substantial. After completing 16 weeks can I continue the full regimen until I get the desired results? Any recommendations?


What are you trying to improve? Are you using the correct amount of all the products in the Nu Derm set?

You can continue on the full regimen for 24 weeks.


Hi Rileygirl, I have uneven skin tone and random spots. Ideally, I would like clear skin and not have to wear makeup. I'm using the correct amounts and all the products, except the cleanser and toner.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
acta5534 wrote:


Hi Rileygirl, I have uneven skin tone and random spots. Ideally, I would like clear skin and not have to wear makeup. I'm using the correct amounts and all the products, except the cleanser and toner.


Hi acta5534. What cleanser and toner do you use with the Nu Derm? And, what % of the tretinoin are you on?

If you are using the correct amount of the products, then I would say to keep going until 24 weeks and see if you get better results with a longer time. Have you noticed any improvement in the lightening of your spots?
acta5534
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 23
Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
acta5534 wrote:


Hi Rileygirl, I have uneven skin tone and random spots. Ideally, I would like clear skin and not have to wear makeup. I'm using the correct amounts and all the products, except the cleanser and toner.


Hi acta5534. What cleanser and toner do you use with the Nu Derm? And, what % of the tretinoin are you on?

If you are using the correct amount of the products, then I would say to keep going until 24 weeks and see if you get better results with a longer time. Have you noticed any improvement in the lightening of your spots?


For cleanser, I'm using Murad C Cleanser in the evening and Origin cleansing cream in the morning. I'm using .1 tretinoin. I've noticed a few of the spots fading, but others spots are stubborn and doesn't seem to be fading.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:39 am      Reply with quote
When you run out of your other cleansers, acta, try the Nu Derm cleanser and toner, or just try the Obagi C-RX cleanser (this one does not require a toner). I know a lot of people think a cleanser/toner cannot make a difference, but the Obagi cleansers/toners are designed to prep your skin for the products and each of the products "build" on one another. Good luck to you!
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Posts: 369
Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, seriously ladies. How much longer must I endure this horrible Obagi face? I am in week 11 and am still reacting to Obagi. While the redness, irritation, tightness, flaking etc. have reduced, on a scale of 1-10 I would say I am still experiencing side effects rated at solid 7 on a consistent basis. My 'good' days are maybe a 6. I occassionally have bad days that are an 8.

I have noticed a marked reduction in the most severe spots of hyperpigmentation but beyond that, I can't really tell if anything else is happening bc of all this dead, dry, tight, red skin on top of it all.

Am I really going to have this same level of side effects through week 18???

_________________
40, Asian, Fitpatrick III with mostly moderate hyperpigmentation and isolated severe. Currently on Obagi Nu-Derm.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:
Ok, seriously ladies. How much longer must I endure this horrible Obagi face? I am in week 11 and am still reacting to Obagi. While the redness, irritation, tightness, flaking etc. have reduced, on a scale of 1-10 I would say I am still experiencing side effects rated at solid 7 on a consistent basis. My 'good' days are maybe a 6. I occassionally have bad days that are an 8.

I have noticed a marked reduction in the most severe spots of hyperpigmentation but beyond that, I can't really tell if anything else is happening bc of all this dead, dry, tight, red skin on top of it all.

Am I really going to have this same level of side effects through week 18???


You may have it all the way through, Kristy. Unfortunately some do and there is no way of knowing who will be the "lucky" ones. You should start to balance out though, even if it is just a little bit less. Sorry that you are going through this, but I do think you will be very happy once you reach your 18 weeks and you are so close now!
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Posts: 369
Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Arrrgghh. Not what I wanted to hear. Confused I'll stick it out the full 18 weeks and longer if necessary but I worry about what maintenance is going to be like for me. Given the way my skin is reacting now, I seriously doubt I will get away with little to no side effects even when I'm on a reduced frequency.

Calgon take me away!

_________________
40, Asian, Fitpatrick III with mostly moderate hyperpigmentation and isolated severe. Currently on Obagi Nu-Derm.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 1575
Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kristy,
I do think your skin will acclimate to the products. I experienced some side effects throughout most of the time too -- and I did nearly 28 weeks of Nuderm before going on maintenance! However, I think the products and my skin have made peace with one another. I still get a little peeling now and then around my mouth, but that's it. Maintenance is going well for me; I'm still using Clear, Exfoderm Forte, and Blender/Retin a.

It will get better!! Smile

_________________
50 Is definitely NOT nifty!!
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Posts: 369
Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:30 am      Reply with quote
28 weeks? Oh my. While I'm willing to stick it maybe an additional 4-6 weks after the 18, I don't think I could endure a total of 28 weeks. It's been as emotionally draining as it has physically.

I'm still using the sunfader and that is still burning. I want to stop using it but I keep telling myself that the product is in the system for a reason so I should keep using it. Maybe once the bottle is empty I'll stop using it.

I hope this gets better. Thanks for the words of encouragement all!

_________________
40, Asian, Fitpatrick III with mostly moderate hyperpigmentation and isolated severe. Currently on Obagi Nu-Derm.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:10 am      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:
28 weeks? Oh my. While I'm willing to stick it maybe an additional 4-6 weks after the 18, I don't think I could endure a total of 28 weeks. It's been as emotionally draining as it has physically.

I'm still using the sunfader and that is still burning. I want to stop using it but I keep telling myself that the product is in the system for a reason so I should keep using it. Maybe once the bottle is empty I'll stop using it.

I hope this gets better. Thanks for the words of encouragement all!


kristy, I did not know you used the sunfader. That could definitely be your problem. The majority of the people cannot handle that sunscreen. You really should consider stopping that and getting the Obagi physical sunscreen to finish out your weeks.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Posts: 2130
Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:24 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl, I tried to use Pumpkin peel from Perfect Complexion , and it really helps to remove the flakes! Thanks for the recommendation.
One problem with it though, is that it burns like hell! Like no other Pumpkin mask ( even Nanci's 30% one) I used it for less than a minute and couldn't tolerate it anymore. No redness or anything after, just the burning sensation is brutal Shock

Did u experience the same when started? How often do u use it?


P.S.: I've also done TCA two times and so far really like it.

_________________
https://perfectsunblock.wordpress.com
System
Automatic Message
Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



DeVita Under Eye Repair Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz) BDB Best Sellers Kit (5 items) Payot Techni Liss First First Wrinkles Smoothing Care (50 ml / 1.6 floz)