Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Is facial exercise any good?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
vangirl3
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
trigger wrote:

BTW, I agree with you vangirl. Mine pumps up for a while, and then goes back to normal, but I've only been going for 6 months.

Hmm, good to know I'm not the only one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Fortunately - the lip exercise easy exercises to do - in the car at a stop light!!! I do mine daily and the nose pump from CM - usually in the car.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Sister,

But do you find that you are slowly increasing the size of your lip over time or is the excercise only creating a temporary plumping?

Here's the thing... when I do my fe's, I get the pump which we all love. Over time, I get the muscle build and the pump is always increasing (so the pump I get in my cheeks today is much more voluminous relatively speaking to the pump I got a year ago). However, with my lip I get the pump but no build. Are you -- or is anyone else -- actually getting build as well?

Vangirl TX

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I am getting build - but I have been doing this over a year and I am consistent in my efforts. Hang in there. It probably isn't the quickest place on the face to build, so be aware of that. I also do the other lip exercises from FE - twice a week so they may help also.
good luck and keep pumping Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
vangirl3 wrote:
Aprile, I don't think anyone is 'trashing' Carol. Certainly, they are critiquing how she looks. You have to expect that -- her face is her product. When someone is trying to decide whether or not they want to buy a specific facial program they're going to take a look at the innovator and say "do I like what facial exercising has done to her face?" A lot of people don't like Carol's. And because it looks like she's had a facelift (so tight and pulled), naturally people are going to accuse her of that as well. I know you say she hasn't had one. Fine. I'll give you the benefit of doubt. But if that's the case, I would say I wouldn't buy her program 'cause I wouldn't want to look that unnatural. I don't think any one has fixated on it, nor has anyone an 'ax to grind' with Carol. However, you seem to have an ax to grind with anyone that critcizes her.

You might want to follow Sister Sweet's advice and start your own Carol Maggio thread as posting in a forum with contradictory opinions seems difficult for you.

Vangirl

Vangirl,

I don't mind differing opinions at all. In fact, I only came back to this thread, thinking it was another thread & noticed the comments by Trigger directed at me so I decided to comment back. However, I don't agree that it wasn't Carole bashing. If you look back at the comments, they ARE quite negative and accusatory. Linda continued to fixate on how Carole supposedly attacked her. That's quite the accusation. I don't happen to agree with the posters who said that Cynthia Roland looks like she had a facelift either, and voiced my opinion about that too. I happen to think she looks as though she's lost a lot of weight, which will of course, change the look & appearance of the face. I truly believe that all of these women would have an awful lot to lose if they actually had work done & were publicly outed. A nose job is one thing. I'd agree that you can only reduce the size of the nose so much via facial exercises, especially if you have an extra long nose. You can slim and shorten the nose a reasonable amount. But shortening the nose 2 inches ~ no ~ that seems rather doubtful. I'm certain that many of the facial exercise gurus have had adjunct medi spa procedures/ treatments done like microdermabrasion, special facials, maybe IPL & such, but I truly believe they have left the serious stuff alone. I know Carole has different enzymes that can actually exfoliate, tone, tighten and lift the skin. I have tried her spa enzymes, which can actually pulsate the muscles underneath the skin of the face and create some really amazing results, especially if used long term. I don't use them all the time as I can't afford to constantly buy. Of course, she can be consistent using these products to produce the results she desires. I think if you start using a facial exercise program at a young age, you can perhaps overbuild over time. Especially, if you are also teaching. Perhaps there will be times when your face can go through periods where it will be overbuilt, and you need to back off a bit. Just like the body, you can probably overbuild the face. I believe Carole's lip pump exercise can build volume in the lips which can be added upon over the years. Just like the rest of the exercises can be built upon. However, I still felt my lips needed some extra TLC due to all the years of lipstick use. My lips were very dry and crinkly in some areas, especially with peri menopause. I discovered the Lips2Kiss system, and it's helped me tremendously. Her products restored my lips natural ability to retain moisture (hence more plumping) even when I had my worst cold. It also created a much more defined vermillion border and more pink vibrant color. I truly think an open exchange of ideas regarding the different programs is a good thing. Discussing what works from one program compared to another is one thing. But, to accuse and make false claims is quite another. And Yes, although this thread is supposed to be about whether Facial Exercises Work Or Not & my Facercise views could be included in this thread ~ I will take Sister's advice and start my own Facercise thread. Aprile
vangirl3
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Yes, I am getting build - but I have been doing this over a year and I am consistent in my efforts. Hang in there. It probably isn't the quickest place on the face to build, so be aware of that. I also do the other lip exercises from FE - twice a week so they may help also.
good luck and keep pumping Very Happy

Thanks Sister, good to know. Will keep the faith in the lip department -- the only FE mouth exercises I DON'T do are mouth flex and adv. I think my upper lip is more defined, I just wish I could get more volume.

aprile wrote:
discovered the Lips2Kiss system, and it's helped me tremendously. Her products restored my lips natural ability to retain moisture (hence more plumping) even when I had my worst cold. It also created a much more defined vermillion border and more pink vibrant color.

Thanks Aprile. I will check that out... but aside from your vermilion border and moisture issues, have your lips actually gotten larger in size? Perhaps I'm hoping for a miracle.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
I did L2K for a long while - again faithfully like a crazy person! And it did plump but it seemed the best plumping was the next morning - you wake up with what someone once described as "cowlips" Very funny! but so true. but it isn't a lasting effect either. The product is lovely however.

I would suggest taking Hyaluronic Acid tablets (doctors best makes a nice product - iherb.com) This helps with the plumping program Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Ooooh thanks for the tip. Actually, I remember a post about this eons ago. Will see if that helps. That's it for posting, back to flexing Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:10 am      Reply with quote
Yes Sister I have noticed in the past ~ having the most plump in the morning. However, after using L2K for over 2 years now ~ they don't decrease in size much during the day. The only time my lips seem affected now is if I am taking something to dry me out ~ like when I have a cold! I will say though that during the summer time, my lips will hold more moisture and appear more plump than in the winter when the d--- heat is on all the time and drying everything out ~ including my skin! I think if I lived in a warm climate I would have cow lips! Thanks too for the HA tip. You've obviously had success with this brand & it's good to know a specific brand shows results! Aprile
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:38 am      Reply with quote
I second dr's best Hyaluronic caps!!! They also contain a lot of collagen, which can't be bad. Definite plumping in the skin and lips. You can read the reviews at iherb, too, which is one of the reasons I buy most of my supps there - aside from great price, quick shipping. I get my ester C (another skin essential), and amino acids there as well.

By the way, while on this topic, I wonder if anyone knows anything about HGH precursors, or estriol creams? I've been reading (on FE board) about some people that take the HGH going into perimenopause, and it keeps their skin from being buffeted by the hormone changes...also that Loulou did this as she'd had a lot of bone loss in an early menopause. It's hard to find info from people that have actually used them! If there's a thread here anyone knows about...
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:14 am      Reply with quote
There is a current thread on Bio-identical hormones.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:33 am      Reply with quote
thanks sister!
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Before reading this please note I do not (at the moment) personally do facial exercises. I just wanted to point out a few things I've noticed that suggests to me that they work. Many of the people that do facial exercises appear to look the same, not exactly alike but in the sense that they have facial definition, more so than others Android that's a great thing because nearly everyone wants great cheek definition or a defined jaw. Also just as muscles make up the body, they also make up the face and don't toned muscles look great on the body? Why would this be any different for the face as long as your not overworking them. Also facial exersises have what would be according to youtube very many followers and nothing gets such a great following unless it works, when something works for me I want to share it, even some of the most. prestigeous derms that have nothing to gain dothem and wouldn't they stop if they didn't work?

Now that's my little bit done:p

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
In addition to all the positive things said about face exercises, I'd like to post a link to an article I just mentioned in another discussion that I believe answers the original question well:
Why We Age Well With Face Exercises
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:36 am      Reply with quote
Apologies for bumping an old thread but I didn't want to start a whole new thread simply to post this because it is a short-term deal, but figured that since this thread was asking about the effectiveness of face exercises, it would be a good place to post this announcement about a free trial for those who want to give face exercises a try before deciding whether to pay for them.

While I do collect face exercise programs as if going out of style because I love seeing what others are doing, I do not do this program even though I have a 2 year membership because if there's one thing I have learned from experience, it is not to fix what isn't broken. So I cannot give a review on how well the program works. However, from the photos of Elaine on the results page, it seems like a good program. Also it gets positive reviews on the website.

Anyway, here's the info about the Free Trial: http://www.faceworks.co.uk/blog/article/faceworks-natural-facelift-adds-a-free-14-day-trial-to-their-program/

Perhaps people who do try the program can post their reviews in this thread? That way, we can have info about the pros/cons of face exercises all in one place. What do you think?
libby5

Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies, the best facial exerciser in the market right now is called Flexaway System. I have been using it since March. You have to go to their website to see how it works and to order. My upper lip was thinning out, my chin was shrinking, sides of face were sagging, laugh lines were appearing . I was like dying inside... I was surfing web and found it. It's such a great product!!!I still take really good care of my skin. You can do facial exercises but it takes a long time to see results. You have to use this device because it has tension bands that give resistance so you work out your muscles and get it lifted and firmed within two weeks. My lips are plump again too!! Its around $50.00 so less expensive than most creams and fillers and lasers.So worth every penny.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
libby5 wrote:
Ladies, the best facial exerciser in the market right now is called Flexaway System. I have been using it since March. You have to go to their website to see how it works and to order. My upper lip was thinning out, my chin was shrinking, sides of face were sagging, laugh lines were appearing . I was like dying inside... I was surfing web and found it. It's such a great product!!!I still take really good care of my skin. You can do facial exercises but it takes a long time to see results. You have to use this device because it has tension bands that give resistance so you work out your muscles and get it lifted and firmed within two weeks. My lips are plump again too!! Its around $50.00 so less expensive than most creams and fillers and lasers.So worth every penny.

Libby - Sorry, but NO WAY! This device is a piece of crap and can hurt anyone who has TMJ. I know, I tried it a long time ago and needed PT afterwards. Not to mention, it does NOT build muscle in any area of the face. I would liken it to putting an appliance in the mouth then clenching the jaw. How is it even possible that it could affect the lips and make them fuller? No one should waste their precious $50 on this appliance. Stick with REAL facial exercise. There are tons of programs out there that have real merit... Deb's program, Carole Maggio's, Carolyn's are a few that come to mind. ~ Aprile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:34 am      Reply with quote
There are a lot of reviews out there about how this device doesn't help everyone and gave some people bad results (monkey mouth) etc. There's been quite a few threads on it already here I know for sure, but it no way compares to facial exercises in my book.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:36 am      Reply with quote
Also I like to read reviews on Amazon for example, sure sometimes there are some bogus ones (i.e. they all say this product is great) but other times there is some really good feedback on products so you get a full idea of it:

http://www.amazon.com/Flexaway-System-Facial-Exerciser-Kit/product-reviews/B002VCPD2A
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Did anyone get a chance to try the free trial of faceworks? Or does anyone happen to use this program?

Thanks Smile

Nonie aka AD wrote:
Apologies for bumping an old thread but I didn't want to start a whole new thread simply to post this because it is a short-term deal, but figured that since this thread was asking about the effectiveness of face exercises, it would be a good place to post this announcement about a free trial for those who want to give face exercises a try before deciding whether to pay for them.

While I do collect face exercise programs as if going out of style because I love seeing what others are doing, I do not do this program even though I have a 2 year membership because if there's one thing I have learned from experience, it is not to fix what isn't broken. So I cannot give a review on how well the program works. However, from the photos of Elaine on the results page, it seems like a good program. Also it gets positive reviews on the website.

Anyway, here's the info about the Free Trial: http://www.faceworks.co.uk/blog/article/faceworks-natural-facelift-adds-a-free-14-day-trial-to-their-program/

Perhaps people who do try the program can post their reviews in this thread? That way, we can have info about the pros/cons of face exercises all in one place. What do you think?
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I did faceworks for a year - non-resultant for me and I have moved on to CFF - which I prefer.
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone, I'm trying to figure out if these facial exercises are for me. What I mean is I received and started Carolyn's Facial Fitness System and I'll tell you, these exercises are hard. I can't seem to get them down. I feel like it's taking way more than 15 minutes to finish. She goes so fast in the video I have to keep pausing it before she goes onto the next one. Can someone tell me if this gets easier and won't take so long! I'm feeling disappointed.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I think the 15 minutes is once you really know the exercises and how to do it, but in the beginning you always take a lot longer than those suggested times because its all new. Kind of like learning anything new alaphabet or numbers, it takes time and practice. It does get easier as you get to know them, and it is important to know everyone does it and experiences the same – even Carolyn herself when she came to them took a while to learn things so don’t lose heart it will get better.
Ollie wrote:
Hi Everyone, I'm trying to figure out if these facial exercises are for me. What I mean is I received and started Carolyn's Facial Fitness System and I'll tell you, these exercises are hard. I can't seem to get them down. I feel like it's taking way more than 15 minutes to finish. She goes so fast in the video I have to keep pausing it before she goes onto the next one. Can someone tell me if this gets easier and won't take so long! I'm feeling disappointed.
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Stovetop for your reply! I'm glad you found something that works for you. Is there any similarity in the programs?

stovetop wrote:
I did faceworks for a year - non-resultant for me and I have moved on to CFF - which I prefer.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Yes there are similarities such as the "scalp pull" - I prefer CFF as it has given my face an overall nicer shape. I do all of CFF's exercises - as shown on the dvd, no variatons, no extra counts. But in the end, we are all going to age, in my opinion, and for me there have been fine wrinkles developed even though I am doing facial exercises particularly at the bridge of my nose and upper lip.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |