Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

does the sun or the movement cause more wrinkles?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:01 am      Reply with quote
i never put sunscreen on the back of my neck, and since i tie up my hair most of the time, it is the place I get direct sunshine most time.

I put sunscreen on the front of my neck everyday, and i take good care of it, i use VC, tretinoin, and other anti-age cream on it.

but the result so far is no wrinkle on my back neck and the skin is pretty nice there, and my front neck, well, not bad, but difinitely has several lines on it.

I guess this is same to lots of people.

I am always told the sun causes most damage on the skin, but maybe it is not that bad? it is actually the facial movement that matters the most?
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:08 am      Reply with quote
That's not true for me, hellen. I have short hair and work outside in my yard alot, and my neck looks so, so bad. My face looks great in comparison. The left side of my neck looks pretty bad too, and I think that's because it gets the most sun when I drive. I think age is a factor. I'm 49 so I'm probably more sun-damaged than younger people.
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
That's not true for me, hellen. I have short hair and work outside in my yard alot, and my neck looks so, so bad. My face looks great in comparison. The left side of my neck looks pretty bad too, and I think that's because it gets the most sun when I drive. I think age is a factor. I'm 49 so I'm probably more sun-damaged than younger people.

that makes me think do i need to begin to put sunblock on my back neck too....
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:20 am      Reply with quote
hellenzqq wrote:
Skippie wrote:

I think that's a definite yes, much better safe than sorry! Especially if your hair is up most if the time!

DM Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:05 am      Reply with quote
hellenzqq wrote:
Skippie wrote:

Yes, please do, hellen. I wish someone had told me to do so when I was younger. I now put on sunscreen, tie a bandana around my neck and wear a hat when I'm working outside.
SandraD4880
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
If not wrinkles, then it could definitely lead to agespots!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
It's best to use the sunscreen now otherwise the sun damage will show up when your older even though you don't notice it now.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
I would say the sun. I use a good sunblock daily, even on the back of my neck. Very Happy
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
i had the understanding that sun damage shows up years later. Shock
my mother gardens outside, during the whole spring to autumn. she has been using a sunscreen 60 or so... but i have noticed in the last couple of years she is getting sunspot damage on her face. she went to the dermatologist to have it taken care of, etc...
but now i'm really concerned. i think for this summer i'll get her a total sunblock that she can slather all over her.... face, neck, hands, etc.

hellenzqq ... me thinks it would be best for all of us to sunscreen/sunblock everything. what a pain and mess... but i guess it will be worth it in the long run.

also there was a recent report on the news about the usage of sunscreen. its reported that most of us use too little of the sunscreen for it to be effective. i forgot the exact details... but something about, you need to use alot, alot of product for the sunscreen to work. and then you must reapply.
HTH

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
thanks a lot for the info!! i will pay more attention for sure
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
llina wrote:

also there was a recent report on the news about the usage of sunscreen. its reported that most of us use too little of the sunscreen for it to be effective. i forgot the exact details... but something about, you need to use alot, alot of product for the sunscreen to work. and then you must reapply.
HTH

1 shot glass of sunscreen for your body, 1/4 tsp sunscreen for your face.

Most definitely, hellenzqq, if you have your hair tied up and it gets a lot of sun, use the sunscreen on the back of your neck. You won't see the damage from the sun for years. It is much easier to prevent damage than it is to try to fix it!!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Yep I have the sundamage on my forearms to prove it from gardening up north and just driving or riding as a passenger in the car down here in Florida! It's really amazing how much damage shows up later!

DM

rileygirl wrote:
llina wrote:

HTH

Most definitely, hellenzqq, if you have your hair tied up and it gets a lot of sun, use the sunscreen on the back of your neck. You won't see the damage from the sun for years. It is much easier to prevent damage than it is to try to fix it!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
llina wrote:

HTH

a shot glass and 1/4 tsp? hmmm i thought it was more than that. i think i've been over doing it.

i think this year, i'm going to change mine and my mother's sunscreen to total sunblock. the sizing of amounts and reapplication... is becoming more complicated. does anyone else have this problem?

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
llina,

From reading all the threads it seems it's hard to even find the best sunscreen and one that works under makeup is really a chore! Smile

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:23 am      Reply with quote
That's true. You'd better put sunscreen everyday.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:01 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
llina,

From reading all the threads it seems it's hard to even find the best sunscreen and one that works under makeup is really a chore! Smile

DM

thanks angel,
gosh, i haven't even gotten to those thread yet.
also, a sales rep told me that a certain company has uvb and uva, those that are responsible for aging and skin damage, filters in all their creams/moisturizers. does this seem feasible? i'm so used to thick mucky sunscreens that its hard to believe that their light facial moisturizers would have this filter. TIA!

lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:55 am      Reply with quote
the sun is very damaging to skin, just stay out of it....sunscreens do not always work well, they must be applied every 2 hrs and some of the ingredients in them are not good for you.Like drugs.....say NO to the sun! Taking lycopene will protect your skin against the sun to some degree and spinach is really good for preventing wrinkles.I make every attempt to stay out of the sun...doing yard work before the sun comes up.....I have a shade on the drivers side of the car too.The sun will age you faster than drinking or smoking.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I wanted to mention a product I bought last year to add to my laundry. It's called SunGuard and by adding SunGuard to your laundry, it gives your clothes a UPF protection of 30, for up to 20 washings. It's safe for washable fabrics such as cotton, linen, rayon and silk.

http://www.sunguardsunprotection.com/home.1.lasso
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
I wanted to mention a product I bought last year to add to my laundry. It's called SunGuard and by adding SunGuard to your laundry, it gives your clothes a UPF protection of 30, for up to 20 washings. It's safe for washable fabrics such as cotton, linen, rayon and silk.

http://www.sunguardsunprotection.com/home.1.lasso

Thanks Skippie,

That is a great find, especially with all the sun down here! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:02 am      Reply with quote
While excessive repetitive movement does cause wrinkling of the skin, it is most definitely my belief the sun and external environmental factors that are the sole culprit for developing these wrinkles as we age...

If we did not have these external factors, our skin would remain soft, supple, undamaged and stocked full of collagen and the like thus making the repetitive movement not such a negative force, our skin will merely pop back in to place....repetitive movement of the same skin area damaged by the sun and other factors becomes wrinkled due to our skin being less flexible and decreased collagen etc...

So logically between movement and sun, the sun is definitely the one holding the gun pulling the trigger...the movement is merely the bullet Laughing

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:55 am      Reply with quote
i think the facial movements matter the most,my eyes have some wrinkles because of that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:24 am      Reply with quote
luyan wrote:
i think the facial movements matter the most,my eyes have some wrinkles because of that.

Your skin is wrinkling from the movement due to sun/environmental damage...not because you are merely moving it. So sun protection is what matters most to keep your skin from getting damage in the first place...

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:47 am      Reply with quote
luyan wrote:

movement, like stress ... when you frown, concentrate and tense up your eyebrows... and squint when puzzled.

yes, i have a very expressive face, and have noticed that when being too expressive, it leaves consequences on my face. serenity of mind and body are key, me thinks! Very Happy

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:57 am      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
luyan wrote:

movement, like stress ... when you frown, concentrate and tense up your eyebrows... and squint when puzzled.

yes, i have a very expressive face, and have noticed that when being too expressive, it leaves consequences on my face. serenity of mind and body are key, me thinks! Very Happy

I think there are a combination of things at work here, Genetics, Skin Type, Sun Exposure, Facial Movements ect. ect.

JMHO
DM Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for all the information, the cloth wash thing is really interesting
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |