Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Has anyone had these horrible side effects?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dreamskin
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi I am using a alpha hydroxy cream (12%)and I made a cream that contains DMAE (about 4%) and MSM (that I hope was still in its use before date) at about 7%. I don't even know if this is related but when I stand too quickly I get a horrble gripping pain in my left arm and sometimes in my shoulder, and my heart feels heavy. I also took one of my partners vitamins, that are a synthetic human growth hormone. He takes them with no problems at all. This could be totally unrelated to anything above, just checking.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:05 am      Reply with quote
dreamskin wrote:
Hi I am using a alpha hydroxy cream (12%)and I made a cream that contains DMAE (about 4%) and MSM (that I hope was still in its use before date) at about 7%. I don't even know if this is related but when I stand too quickly I get a horrble gripping pain in my left arm and sometimes in my shoulder, and my heart feels heavy. I also took one of my partners vitamins, that are a synthetic human growth hormone. He takes them with no problems at all. This could be totally unrelated to anything above, just checking.

Just My Opinion,

Get to a doctor asap and have it checked out! You don't have any idea what it's related to but with those symptoms I wouldn't be playing around!
Sorry I am not trying to be an alarmist but you need to know and get treated as that could be quite serious!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Anything heart related needs to be checked out by a doctor asap! Left shoulder, arm pain is typically indicative of heart trouble and under no circumstances should be ignored regardless of age or gender...
Many choose to ignore this and cast the symptoms aside...and being that I work in health care, I've seen many people young and old figuring this out too late....do yourself and your loved ones a huge favor, do not delay seeking medical advice...

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:26 am      Reply with quote
See a doctore immediately

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:26 am      Reply with quote
bren21,

I have lost 2 friends to heart attacks 1 at 45 an the other at 50 that might sound old to some of those in their 20's and 30's but it's not! That's why I said get to a doctor right away! I also have another friend in his early 50's who had a stress test a little over a year ago only to find out he had, had a heart attack without ever realizing it! Never take a chance when it comes to those symptoms!

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks guys, it has settled down now, my blood pressure is fine and was even when the pain was bad. Never the less, I am seeing a doctor first thing in the morning. Im not 20, I am 54 so better to be safe than sorry.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Exactly DM....the heart does not discriminate against age or gender and it can happen to literally any one at any moment...

There are many people in their 40's, 30's even 20's that scoff at the fact they could be experiencing heart trouble. Heart issues can come about not only by unhealthy living habits like most people think, but it can also be caused by unknown genetic factors which is usually the case for the younger people I've seen...hence the reason for urgency in this matter...

Doctors and ER's do not mess around with matters of pain in the chest and arms and they take each case very seriously regardless if it turns out to be a mere case of indigestion or other minor factor...they will never ever think your visit to them was unnecessary...so don't let that thought stop you from ever going...

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
sunrize604

Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:35 am      Reply with quote
I had a heart attack when I was about 35 and was in shape. I had symptoms such as extreme fatigue shortness of breath, pressure in my chest. A week before the heart attack I went to the leading cardiologist in my area, he did a stress test and left saying: "you are wasting my time". My heart attack started with pressure in my lower back, then head and neck, virtical line aura in my vision, pressure radiated to my chest then left arm. Called my dr he said "migraine". The fatigue hit me, I crawled to my bed and stayed for 2 days. Later, I spoke to a nurse about my symptoms, color drained from her face and she gave me a card listing every symptom as female heart attack. The card had been handed out to Dr's in the hospital. More females die of heart attack than men. Most people and DR's don't understand a womans symptoms or take them seriously.
poulinsj
5% products discount

Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:14 am      Reply with quote
And so often heart issues are missed in healthy women so be persistent!
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:56 am      Reply with quote
oh my! those symptoms do seem serious.
i hope you see the doctor immediately. and keep a friend or relative, close at hand, informed about your situation.

bless you!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
MarthaB
5% products discount

Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Agree with all the others see a doctor SOON! Those symptoms can be serious regardless your age. Please keep us posted.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
you really need to see a doctor to make sure what is going on. good luck!!
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Please see a DR. ASAP, that does sound heart related to me. Confused
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
It's nothing to do with the cream. I think it was just a coincidence this happened at the same time. You should always have aspirin in your car, office and home in case you think you are having a heart attack. My friend's doctor told him that if he hadn't take aspirins, just on a hunch, before driving himself to the hospital, he'd be dead.

As for synthetic growth hormone, your friend would be better off spending his money on DHEA or getting blood tests to see if his hormones are out of whack. Sounds like he wants more testosterone so he'd be better off just having his doctor prescribe it.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
all our prayers are with you.
Angel

please keep us updated with your condition.
i hope you get well soon!
much love!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
dreamskin
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Just came back from the E.R. and all good. Cardiac markers and ECG and chest xray all fine, so I will see my doctor later today for some more tests. I am going to sleep now, been awake all night , but many many thanks to all for your concern and for getting me off my butt and to the E.R.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
dreamskin wrote:
Just came back from the E.R. and all good. Cardiac markers and ECG and chest xray all fine, so I will see my doctor later today for some more tests. I am going to sleep now, been awake all night , but many many thanks to all for your concern and for getting me off my butt and to the E.R.

Thank God! Thank you for going and letting us know you are all clear on the cardiac tests! Get a good nights rest and feel better! Smile

All My Best

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi dreamskin - did they recommend keeping aspirin around just in case or taking daily 81 mg of aspirin. I know many of my (healthcare minded) friends are on this protocal.

(Me - I use mine in an aspirin mask Laughing ).

We are glad you're okay. It's nice to have that reassurance of the testing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:40 pm      Reply with quote

glad to hear you're alright! Very Happy
rest is the best for recuperation.
nitey nite!

dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:27 am      Reply with quote
Aloe vera gel is excellent for irritated skin and acne.I use Epicuren Aloe gel,it is clear cool gel and soothes very quickly red skin.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:26 am      Reply with quote
dreamcat wrote:
Aloe vera gel is excellent for irritated skin and acne.I use Epicuren Aloe gel,it is clear cool gel and soothes very quickly red skin.

me thinks this is a mis-post. wrong thread.

dreamskin
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:29 am      Reply with quote
It looks that way....I went to the doctor after the E.R. and he said stress is the over ridinhg factor, so I will need to find some stress busters.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:37 am      Reply with quote
dreamskin wrote:
It looks that way....I went to the doctor after the E.R. and he said stress is the over ridinhg factor, so I will need to find some stress busters.

ohhh poor dreamskin.
but its wonderful news that you're better.

may i suggest you take the day off and watch some comedy movies? a good laugh is therapeutic and acts as a de-stress-or!
yay! day off! i'll call the office for ya! Very Happy

SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Exercise is a great stress buster and good for the heart, your body and mood. Find something you like doing, whether it's walking outside or around the mall or your local swimming pool, tennis court, bike riding, hiking, Wii Fit games, DVDs. There is no excuse for not moving.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |