Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Clarisonic questions (newbie)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jamie74
5% products discount

Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hey all,

I've received my Clarisonic brush and will be using it for the first time tonight.

I have oily-ish skin with large pores on my cheeks and nose, and often (always) get clogged pores and blackheads on my nose.

In my case, would you recommend using it once or twice a day?

Also, is it safe to use the Clarisonic in the under-eye area? Is anyone else doing this and experiencing benefits?

Thanks,

Jamie
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
hi jamie,
if this is your first time using the clarisonic, i would recommend using it once a day and carefully monitor your skin after each use. those with sensitive skin/prone to acne/thin skin may experience negative effects, till your skin get used to it.
this does wonders for your clogged pores/blackheads, and beautiful job on refining the skin.

i have used it on my eyes... lids and under eye, on occasion when i need it (just to give the flakies a shake). i DON't think this is recommended on the manual though.

have fun with your new gadget! Very Happy

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
and...

welcome to EDS! wave
you're gonna love it here!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Jamie, I agree with llina. Start with once a day and go from there. I now use mine twice a day, and I love it. It has really minimized my pores and made my complexion better. I think you'll love it. Oh, and I haven't tried it on my eyes yet.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
breezy42 wrote:
Jamie, I agree with llina. Start with once a day and go from there. I now use mine twice a day, and I love it. It has really minimized my pores and made my complexion better. I think you'll love it. Oh, and I haven't tried it on my eyes yet.

yay clarisonic! do you use it on your body too?

i only use the gentle mia or classic with a sensitive brush on my eye... and only once in awhile when my lids are getting flaky from winter.

just a note: i'm not recommending this to anyone. this is something that i do. and i do it cuz i'm a little crazy! Neutral

Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:46 am      Reply with quote
jamie74 wrote:
Hey all,

I've received my Clarisonic brush and will be using it for the first time tonight.

I have oily-ish skin with large pores on my cheeks and nose, and often (always) get clogged pores and blackheads on my nose.

Also, is it safe to use the Clarisonic in the under-eye area? Is anyone else doing this and experiencing benefits?

I had the same problem and Clarisonic did help. I use it twice a day on three minute program with Cetaphil. It took a long time, but it really worked on my nose!

Thanks,

Jamie
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:46 am      Reply with quote
jamie74 wrote:
Hey all,

I had the same problem and Clarisonic did help. I use it twice a day on three minute program with Cetaphil. It took a long time, but it really worked on my nose!

Thanks,

Jamie
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Oops! Something went wrong there. I use it twice a day on the three minute program with Cetaphil. It took a long time, but my nose did clear up.
chellelynn
5% products discount

Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
hi jamie,
if this is your first time using the clarisonic, i would recommend using it once a day and carefully monitor your skin after each use. those with sensitive skin/prone to acne/thin skin may experience negative effects, till your skin get used to it.
this does wonders for your clogged pores/blackheads, and beautiful job on refining the skin.

i have used it on my eyes... lids and under eye, on occasion when i need it (just to give the flakies a shake). i DON't think this is recommended on the manual though.

have fun with your new gadget! Very Happy

I have oily skin like you and recently started using my Clarisonic Pro about 2 weeks ago.

I use it twice a day on the high setting and I have not experienced any irritation or problems. My skin is smooth and the texture is improving each day!

You will love your Clarisonic!

5% products discount

Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hey all,

Thanks so much for your replies.

I've used it for 3 mornings so far and it seems to work wonders on my cheeks, but it doesn't seem to clear the blackheads on my nose - does this just take longer?

I'm just using the sensitve brush - should I be using something a little more heavy-duty?

Thanks!

Jamie
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
jamie74 wrote:
Hey all,

Thanks so much for your replies.

I've used it for 3 mornings so far and it seems to work wonders on my cheeks, but it doesn't seem to clear the blackheads on my nose - does this just take longer?

I'm just using the sensitve brush - should I be using something a little more heavy-duty?

Thanks!

Jamie

it will eventually get at the blackheads on your nose too. just be patient.

also if you're interested in OCM you can read up on that too.

llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
this is the OCM=oil cleansing method.
many members are having great success with it.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7077

hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:43 am      Reply with quote
i really need to remember to slow down at the beginning, the problem with me is I always get too excited at first and just cannot stop using things....
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
join the club hellen.
don't feel bad... i get so excited i get into accidents. Laughing

jiafeimao9889
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:24 am      Reply with quote
oh,i am interesting in the Clarisonic,
my friends said it is good for skin.but i wonder
how it work on skin?

jamie74 wrote:
Hey all,

Thanks,

Jamie

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
I am ready to order the Mia. Where is the cheapest place to order and would I still get all the extras offered on the Clairsonic website?

http://www.clarisonic.com/shop/sonic_skin_cleansing_systems/sonic_skin_cleansing_system_mia/index.php?gclid=CKz6kZK_nKcCFRRqgwodSn3mdA
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, I think I just found the cheapest place. This week it's 25% off with free shipping and only $112.49 for the kit!

http://www.aspenleafspa.com/product.php?id=17
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Hey, I think I just found the cheapest place. This week it's 25% off with free shipping and only $112.49 for the kit!

Does anyone know how legitimate this site is? I'd like to order one too!
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
I use mine once a day, really notice it when I skip a few days.
stardustgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
SoftSkin wrote:

I've purchased from them, and they're listed as an authorized Clarisonic dealer, so you should be fine.

I just got a Clarisonic a week or so ago and it's amazing what a difference it makes. I usually have normal skin, but this winter it's been insanely dry and I finally broke down and forked over the cash for one. I've had their toothbrush for years.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
I just got mine today and can't wait to use it.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:14 am      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
SoftSkin wrote:

I actually found another site too..
It's skincarerx.com and you can use the coupon code skin20 for a 20% discount. I just got mine today and I'm anxiously waiting for it to charge for the first 24 hours!
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
I used the Mia this morning and this evening with ProX scrubbing cleanser. Reading the instructions it sounds like I shouldn't be using a scrub. Will it clog the machine? I don't see how if it is sealed watertight.

With just two uses so far, I'm loving the smoothness of my skin and the blackheads seem to be going away. I just did a dermaroll tonight so probably won't use it at all for the next five days.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:12 am      Reply with quote
You should definitely not be using the Clarisonic with any physical exfoliants. And yes, it will potentally clog your clarisonic, despite being sealed because if you take off the brush, you'll notice a rotator that needs to spin properly. Having physical beads in there could very well damage it. As well, you really don't need to use the Clarisonic for applying your exfoliant. You should use something more gentle like your hands especially if you're using a physical exfoliant
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |