Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skinny with wrinkles or Plump Tummy with no wrinkles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
catloveschanel
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, this is such a vain question, but if I can't be vain here, then where?

I travel regularly between sizes. 8 - 10 after Christmas then down to size 6. I have my belly under control at size 6, but then I have wrinkles. Would you rather wrinkles or a belly?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
catloveschanel wrote:
Hi, this is such a vain question, but if I can't be vain here, then where?

I travel regularly between sizes. 8 - 10 after Christmas then down to size 6. I have my belly under control at size 6, but then I have wrinkles. Would you rather wrinkles or a belly?

Wow, that's a toughy! Laughing I cannot believe I am saying this, but I want my flat belly back, so I will go with wrinkles! (You didn't say how long you stay at the size 6, but I wonder if you stayed at the size 6 longer if your "wrinkles" wouldn't actually start fading. Maybe it is dehydration, lack of certain nutrients, etc that are causing them when you are at a lighter weight?)
catloveschanel
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I get plumper after Christmas Jan - Mar, then I get a grip. RIght now, I'm noticing wrinkles coming back. I had never thought much about wrinkles before (I just turned 50)

I eat better when I am slimmer. I take a lot of vitamins.

When you say hydrate, you mean if I drank water all the time, the wrinkles would fade? Wow, you are giving me so much hope. I'm so glad I asked this silly question.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe more water would help. How about what you are using on your skin itself? Making sure you get good veggies and fruits? (Not sure what type of a diet you do or don't do to lose the weight, so just throwing some stuff out there for you!)
catloveschanel
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have to workout for an hour to maintain that weight. I just started doing that again. I eat an apple a day and a spinach salad every day. I think it must be my skincare routine, which I have tried about everything. But it is encouraging that they may flatten out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
catloveschanel wrote:
I have to workout for an hour to maintain that weight. I just started doing that again. I eat an apple a day and a spinach salad every day. I think it must be my skincare routine, which I have tried about everything. But it is encouraging that they may flatten out.

I am a huge believer in the "tried and true" as far as skin care. Retin A at night, C serum in the morning, and a great sunscreen! That will go a long way in helping your skin. Your workouts, depending on how intense they are, could definitely play into the wrinkles. Are you getting enough protein?
catloveschanel
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have a piece of meat for dinner. I take a Fish Oil pill at night. I use Neutrogena Dermatologics Retinol at night, (it is $65) maybe I'm ready to step up to the Retin-A.

I put Mychelle Vitamin C Serum on during the day and my skin loves it. Then I use sunscreen. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
Another thing that might help is humidity in your bedroom at night, when you're asleep. I don't know where you live, but being winter, things can get awfully dry. We live in an old building with radiator heat. It's definitely warm, but no built-in humidifier in our building. We've always run a vaporizer in my son's room since he was a baby, but we put one in ours when my nasal passages got so dry this winter to the point of bleeding. Throat/nasal passages are much better, and DH and I both noticed that the humidity has helped our skin, too. We got the vaporizer right before the holidays, and though I'm pretty careful about my skincare (of course I am, I read this forum all the time!), I noticed a difference especially around my eyes almost immediately. Just a thought - a vaporizer might help!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Surprised OK, thanks. I always run a fan at night to cut down on the in-city noise. Plus, I think I wash my face about 4 times, morning, after work, and at night. Maybe I'll try one of those oil cleansers, as my face is not as oily, but getting dryer. Thanks for your help

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:17 am      Reply with quote
catloveschanel wrote:
Surprised OK, thanks. I always run a fan at night to cut down on the in-city noise. Plus, I think I wash my face about 4 times, morning, after work, and at night. Maybe I'll try one of those oil cleansers, as my face is not as oily, but getting dryer. Thanks for your help

4 times is a lot, i do not think it is good for your skin
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:21 am      Reply with quote
there's a thread on the oil cleansing method...on the diy forum here...you can do a search for it.

in the winter it's all i ever do.

also check out the green smoothie thread on the diy forum...seems like more green veggies might be important to you.

also i use only diy botanical oils and eo's (essential oils)..so many of them are exraordiarily hydrating/regenerating.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
catloveschanel
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Excellent, I will look that up. Thanks! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Catloveschanel, I would say that since it is your tummy then "skinny with wrinkles" is better. We do not generally walk around with our stomachs showing. Shock It is more about how we look and feel in our clothes.

You may not be able to maintain your size 6 and settle back to a size 8, but the thinner you are the better you will look and feel. That is provided you are eating healthy and not depriving your body.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Star Model wrote:
Catloveschanel, I would say that since it is your tummy then "skinny with wrinkles" is better. We do not generally walk around with our stomachs showing. Shock It is more about how we look and feel in our clothes.

hmm I thought she was meaning her face getting wrinkles, not her stomach??
catloveschanel
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, you thought right. Laughing

I just have been noticing losing weight, I gain wrinkles. Sad

I always gain weight in Jan - Feb, the rest of the time I'm size 6. I'm so obsessed with wrinkles now, (on my face) that appear when the pounds drop.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
catloveschanel wrote:

I always gain weight in Jan - Feb, the rest of the time I'm size 6. I'm so obsessed with wrinkles now, (on my face) that appear when the pounds drop.

Whew! I was getting worried about myself and thought my perimenopausal brain had really lost it for a minute! Laughing
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
This is the age old choice - the body or the face Laughing
I have found if you exercise and build muscle mass you get thinner without losing the fat as easily in the face. But you need to exercise and maintain a healthy diet with adequate protein and omega's as well as the veggies, etc.
I maintain a pretty low weight but I exercise and am very careful with food choices. I used to lose from my face but actually since I've become very devoted to exercising and eating well it isn't as much of an issue. Or maybe it's the facial exercise Idea Wow, could be it. That's why Deb Crowley started FE so as not to lose her face while trimming her body down for competition. Well, you've given me something to really think about.....

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
catloveschanel wrote:

Sorry Catloveschanel, My Oops! Embarassed Losing weight will not cause wrinkles, but can cause a gaunt look on the face from loss of facial volume.

I have always been very fit and thin my whole life. As I got older I was concerned about getting the "hollow look". I have combated by using CPs and doing facial exercise. I still think thin looks better for an overall look. We have to work on our faces either way as we age Smile Heavy, thin or in between.

Quote:
Whew! I was getting worried about myself and thought my perimenopausal brain had really lost it for a minute! Laughing

Rileygirl, That was my postmenopausal brain! Laughing
Star Model
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, I had "Bikini on the Brain"! Dancing
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
A thin appearance (not skinny) tends to look youthful. When people lose weight we tend to comment about that - that they look good. Recall pictures of celebrities when they gain weight they always seem to look older and/or matronly.
That said at menopause fighting the tummy is a battle for a lot of people. I have read doing intervals (one minute at a fast pace alternating with one minute at a leisurely pace) on a stepper or similar cardiovascular machine helps to stop the deposition of mid section fat. It is suggested to do 20 minutes of this at least 3X a week.
Also I suggest an interval/circuit training class at least once or twice a week that uses weights. This has really kept things in check for me. Lose the tummy and keep the face Very Happy

I guess like anything it's a balanced effect.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
A few other things that help my face to look plump and unwrinkled-ish (it's all relative !!) even though my body is slim...

spirulina (it's my 'magic bullet') i use at least 2 tablespoons a day ..it has protein/omega fats/chloropyl all in one product.

chia seeds (protein/minerals/vitamins.omegas) i use the whole seeds soaked..and ususally add nut/seed milk..and spirulina of course!

intense marshmallow (member of the mallow family) herbal tea infusions are especially beneficial for hydrating the face (and the whole body internal.. and external)one of the few moistening herbal teas, very gelatinous..can be mixed with other tea or juices, smoothies,etc.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Star Model wrote:

Rileygirl, That was my postmenopausal brain! Laughing

These darn hormones sure to play a number on us, don't they? Laughing
catloveschanel
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Darn Hormones. Smile
Listen to what I mean, not what I say. lol

Dang. Ok, this is so helpful. Went to super supplements before I got home and read the rest.

I got castor oil and whipped me up a oil cleanse with Sunflower oil. Don't I feel fantastic? Why yes I do. Very Happy

Then I'm going to work on my belly. I work out every day most of my life, so I have a lot of muscle, but I guess I have to do the slow / fast / interval / routine more. Wow, I have a lot to do! Thanks for your help!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:57 am      Reply with quote
I have to say, I think skinny older women look the most aged/haggard - sorry!

I have quite a gaunt face and as I get older i can tell that I am going to have to choose my face over my body, but at the end of the day, as long as you are not obese, and take care of the way you look and dress, you will look healthier and younger with a bit of fat on your bones/face.

Also, skinny bodies on older women = also a no no for me. It just looks like bone and sinew - :S

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
Pluto
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:11 am      Reply with quote
catloves,

What is a castor oil-sunflower oil cleanse?

Thank you!

Pluto

catloveschanel wrote:
Darn Hormones. Smile
Listen to what I mean, not what I say. lol

Dang. Ok, this is so helpful. Went to super supplements before I got home and read the rest.

I got castor oil and whipped me up a oil cleanse with Sunflower oil. Don't I feel fantastic? Why yes I do. Very Happy

Then I'm going to work on my belly. I work out every day most of my life, so I have a lot of muscle, but I guess I have to do the slow / fast / interval / routine more. Wow, I have a lot to do! Thanks for your help!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |