Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
NuSkin Galvanic Spa-System II. What serums/creams can I use?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
I know there are some posts somewhere about this subject, but I seem to be spending quite a time to track them and get answers, so excuse me if I'm just repeating a theme... or if someone would kindly send me a link to the question I would be very grateful.
The fact is that I've got the NuSkin Galvanic Spa System II, gone through the serum for the negative current and the serum for the positive current, and whenever I search for serums to be used with this gadget all I come across is that I have to get the products the NuSkin firm sell, which are not exactly cheap Sad ...Does anyone know of any other serums/creams, if any or all, I could use with this gadget and on what current, negative or positive should I use them? Confused
Thank you very much.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:11 am      Reply with quote
ATester,

I use positive and negative gels from Rankine's Remedies: http://www.rankines.com/

I love them. The shipping was expensive from Canada to the U.S., but next time I'll order more than $75.00 for free shipping.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
ATester,

I use positive and negative gels from Rankine's Remedies: http://www.rankines.com/

I love them. The shipping was expensive from Canada to the U.S., but next time I'll order more than $75.00 for free shipping.

Skippie, how do u use these gels?One of them is pre-treatment, what does it mean? Do you take it off or leave it under the treatment gel?
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
ATester,

Skippie, thank you sooooo much! Very Happy
I'd actually doubted whether to ask here or not because I'd searched for ages and never came across anything. I've checked the page you mention, and what a difference, can get up to 80 treatments out of each serum bottle!!!
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Skippie, how do u use these gels?One of them is pre-treatment, what does it mean? Do you take it off or leave it under the treatment gel?

Hi RussianSunshine, not Skippie, but I think I can answer more or less. The serum used as pre-treatment is used with the negative current of the NuSkin Galvanic Spa II, once finished you take it off and then put on the other serum for the positive current. HIH.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:35 am      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:

Hi RussianSunshine, not Skippie, but I think I can answer more or less. The serum used as pre-treatment is used with the negative current of the NuSkin Galvanic Spa II, once finished you take it off and then put on the other serum for the positive current. HIH.

Thanks, ATester! Now I have to think what can I buy for $75 to get the shipment free Very Happy Has anyone tried anything else from them?
nimmi

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:49 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
ATester wrote:

Thanks, ATester! Now I have to think what can I buy for $75 to get the shipment free Very Happy Has anyone tried anything else from them?

Hi, are you already using Galvanci spa? Did you get any good results. I was on rankins website they have good products with nice prices, except for shipping to US.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
nimmi wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:
ATester wrote:

Hi, are you already using Galvanci spa? Did you get any good results. I was on rankins website they have good products with nice prices, except for shipping to US.

I dont use it since I dont have any gels to use it with Very Happy
shailyphilines

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:46 am      Reply with quote
I am also looking for some positive and negative gels and to me Rankies remedies sounds great, so thinking to give a try. Hope that the results comes out good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:06 am      Reply with quote
They've recently changed their formula to add "Homeosanctum™, a proprietary new homeopathic remedy blend that can holistically improve your skin health - Energy Medicine to Energize Your Skin." I haven't tried the new version of the gels so I don't know how it compares. I see that they have a Galvanic Treatment System kit on their site for $75 which has the two treatment gels, a cleanser, a toner and a night cream. I think I'll probably order that one for free shipping when I'm ready for my next batch. Anyone tried the new formula?
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'm kind of tempted to buy the NuSkin galvanic spa, esp. since you can purchase gels from Rankines at such a reasonable price.

Is it hype or is it worth purchasing?
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
I'm kind of tempted to buy the NuSkin galvanic spa, esp. since you can purchase gels from Rankines at such a reasonable price.

Is it hype or is it worth purchasing?

brierrose,

I'm sure there are people who hate it and people who love it. I happen to fall in the "love" category. Of the three gadgets I use - vaculifter, LED, galvanic - galvanic is my favorite. I have a unit from Prolight but I just bought a Nuskin unit. I have always loved the Prolight for the way it deep cleans my skin, but it has a round head which doesn't do anything for lifting the skin. That's why I bought the Nuskin - because of the shape of the head. I have used it three times and I can already see that it's helping with lifting, albeit temporarily. But I have hope that the results will become permanent with long-term use.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Skippie, that helps. It's funny that the vaculifter,LED and galvanic that you mentioned are the three gadgets I've been thinking about. Smile
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:03 am      Reply with quote
If you do decide to get the Nuskin, brierrose, keep an eye out for a deal on ebay. I bought the newest model (slightly used which doesn't bother me & without the serums which I don't need) for $150.
Ninatchka2

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, this is great information. I really like my galvanic spa but I hate the monthly cost of the gels. I'll definitely check out this site.

A couple of months ago I looked in the mirror and freaked out - I have a two year old who doesn't sleep and it really took a toll on my face. I started using the following: baby quasar red, the galvanic spa (which I've had for a year and hadn't gotten around to using), and tua viso. I love all of them. I've seen a huge difference in a couple of months. I think the BQ and the TV are making the most difference, but the galvanic spa isn't doing any harm, so I'm going to keep using it. I also started using skin biology products three weeks of the month and my skinmedica products one month.

So far, so good. A stranger in an elevator recently complimented me on my skin, which used to happen all the time but hasn't happened in a couple of years.

This site and these forums have been so helpful!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:54 am      Reply with quote
That's great, Ninatchka2.

For anyone interested, Rankine's Remedies is currently having a 15% off the purchase of $100 or more - coupon code is ETE2010.

I think I'm getting some lifting by my mouth with the Nuskin. I'll post pictures if it amounts to anything significant.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
I started using my NuSkin spa in February on half of my face just to see if there was much difference -- and I had my mom use it on half of her face, too. My husband sees more of a difference than I do, but my skin is more hydrated in general and my mom and my friends all say that they can really see a difference in my eye area -- it's less baggy underneath.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
AmberShannon wrote:
I started using my NuSkin spa in February on half of my face just to see if there was much difference -- and I had my mom use it on half of her face, too. My husband sees more of a difference than I do, but my skin is more hydrated in general and my mom and my friends all say that they can really see a difference in my eye area -- it's less baggy underneath.

So, you have been using the NuSkin on only half your face since February?
AmberShannon

Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Correct -- I have only been using it on half my face since February. I'm 26, so besides having had pretty bad acne for a few years (which is mostly cleared up now), my skin is pretty good. I seem to have a little less acne on the side of my face that I'm using the spa on, too. To be completely honest, I signed up as a NuSkin distributor a couple of months ago, but I wanted to see what the spa did for my face before I got serious about selling it. I don't see a huge difference in my skin, but other people can almost always tell which side of my face I'm using the spa on. I figure that because of the "AgeLoc" ingredients in the gels, using the spa in my 20s with the NuSkin gels should keep my skin from getting a lot of the fine lines and wrinkles that pop up later . I guess I'll see...
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Amber. You are very dedicated to only use it on 1/2 your face for that long!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Anyone using the Nuskin or a similar galvanic device, how many times a week do you use it and for how long each session? I'm using it twice a week for two minutes (entire face) for each gel (positive and negative) for a total of four minutes. I wonder if that's enough for my age and sag level.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Skippie, I have both galvanic spas and currently I'm using the new one, which is programmed for five minutes total - two minutes for the first treatment (not sure if it's positive or negative) and three for the second. So five minutes is probably the least amount of time you should use it.

The previous galvanic spa had more options as far as timing, but I think it was not as strong.

I'm also a huge fan of the tua viso and the baby quasar. I use the tua viso every night and alternate the BQ and the Galvantic Spa. I'm not sure which of these is most effective, but the combination of all of them is definitely making a difference. My years of exhaustion post baby (she does not sleep!) have disappeared from my face. Yay!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Ninatchka2 - I think I'm going to pick up the pace. I thought I had the new one, but I bought it on ebay so it could well be the old one. I have 1, 2, 3, and 5 minute options, I think.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanting to ask what the difference may be between the new galvanic spa and the previous one. I have the Spa II one, where you're to use one gel/serum with the negative current, clean and use another gel/serum with the positive current, the head of it is flat, not two balls like the latest model. And, the latest device as I've read on the official web page only requires a conductivity gel -doesn't specify negative or positive current... does anyone know if with the older model, the two serum step model it would be possible to get results just applying a conductivity gel, and if so what current should be used with it to get results. My own thoughts are that I could maybe just use a conductivity gel with the positive current and get results just the same.
You can check out the official web site of the latest model where you can see it only requires one gel/serum, not two.
http://www.mynuface.com/how-to-use-nuface.aspx

And also with this new model the conductivity gel price is not outrageous.

Just wondering if with the model I have I can get results just using a conductivity gel that I could easily buy at my local sport shop!!
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Being checking out the difference of Microcurrent and Galvanic on the official web but it doesn't say anything about the negative or positive current, it mentions direct or alternate current and amount but not negative or positive. Must go on searching to find out, obviously I don't know much at all about 'currents'!! Embarassed
System
Automatic Message
Wed May 08, 2024 12:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Clear Skin Relief Power Duo (40 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |