Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Natural vitamin C serum for acne prone skin...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chellelynn
5% products discount

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:53 am      Reply with quote
I was wondering if you ladies could suggest a natural vitamin c serum for breakout and acne prone skin?

I am looking to even out my skin tone and it seems like a vitamin C serum would be the best option.

My dermatologist recently simplified my skin care routine by telling me to stop using Retin A. So far, my skin has been breakout free and almost perfectly clear! Here is my daily skincare routine:

AM- Clenia face wash with my Clarisonic Pro

PM- Plexion face wash with my Clarisonic Pro and Duac gel

Because I have had great results using fewer products, I would like to keep it as simple as possible. I would prefer a vitamin C serum with the least amount of ingredients as possible!

Thanks ahead of time for your help and suggestions!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:21 am      Reply with quote
may i ask how do you like the Clarisonic Pro ? thinking to buy one for a long time....thanks a lot
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Trywww.skincarecentral.biz Triple Action Vitamin C.

Ingredients: Distilled water, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Hyaluronic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Ethlhexlglycerin.

Short ingredients list.
chellelynn
5% products discount

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:17 am      Reply with quote
hellenzqq wrote:
may i ask how do you like the Clarisonic Pro ? thinking to buy one for a long time....thanks a lot

I absolutely adore it! I think everyone should get one! It cleans my skin so well, keeps it smooth, and is just an overall fabulous device!

5% products discount

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:19 am      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:

Ingredients: Distilled water, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Hyaluronic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Ethlhexlglycerin.

Short ingredients list.

Thanks mlrox! Have you personally used this product? If so, were you impressed with results?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Finding the right Vit C can be trial and error.

I think PSF Vit C has a good formula and its reasonably priced.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/psf-vitamin-c-serum-15-p_7212.htm
chellelynn
5% products discount

Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:23 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
Finding the right Vit C can be trial and error.

I think PSF Vit C has a good formula and its reasonably priced.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/psf-vitamin-c-serum-15-p_7212.htm

Thanks GirlieGirl... I appreciate the advice.

How often do you apply the vitamin C serum and is it better to apply it in the morning or at night?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:14 am      Reply with quote
I have used skincarecentral's triple c serum for a couple years now and am just about to order two more bottles. this is the only product i am using long term besides osea apc cream and retin-a. it is wonderful and has kept my skin looking quite young. try it, i think you will like it. she also stocks a sample size for $7.

chellelynn wrote:
m1rox wrote:

Short ingredients list.

Thanks mlrox! Have you personally used this product? If so, were you impressed with results?

5% products discount

Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:50 am      Reply with quote
I'm new to Vitamin C serums too (only discovered the whole shebang since coming here by accident one day). CareKate's simple DIY recipe is great! Very lightweight and my skin is sooo smooth after applying it in the morning.

5% products discount

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:21 am      Reply with quote
g3mo wrote:
I'm new to Vitamin C serums too (only discovered the whole shebang since coming here by accident one day). CareKate's simple DIY recipe is great! Very lightweight and my skin is sooo smooth after applying it in the morning.

Thanks g3mo! I appreciate the recommendation. I recently ordered the supplies online to begin making my own vitamin C serum... they are actually scheduled to come today so I will let you know how it goes!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have been making Kassy's DIY Vitamin C serum (a search will bring up the recipes) and have had no problem whatsoever with it triggering breakouts on my acne prone skin. It is simple to make and costs so little to make. I will never pay the big bucks for pre made Vitamin C serum again!!
truth
5% products discount

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
I'm also looking into getting a good vit c, and am beyond acne prone (cysts). I checked out Skincare Central's website; they seem to have a ton of great looking products. I noticed the triple action C was recommended. What about the 15% with Ferulic Acid?
truth
5% products discount

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
I'm also looking into getting a good vit c, and am beyond acne prone (cysts). I checked out Skincare Central's website; they seem to have a ton of great looking products. I noticed the triple action C was recommended. What about the 15% with Ferulic Acid?
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |