Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
sunscreen ingrediant !!!!i found the chart
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:41 am      Reply with quote

ok, this chart i saw the other day online shows how much UVA UVB each sunscreen ingrediant can cover

surprise to me, mexory does not actually block all the UVB level (even u combine sx and xl together) and also most chemical ingrediant does not really cover all the UVA UVB

only the zinc and titanium covers all, which are both physical ingrediant.

if i do not remember wrong, ths last two ingrediant are newly found, and not approved in north america yet.

anyway,

if this chart is true, i guess physical ingrediants are much better than chemical ones, no??

anyone knows more about it? please give some idea
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:43 am      Reply with quote
if this is true, i guess i will only buy sunscreen contains zinc .....seems it is the best among all
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:57 am      Reply with quote
anybody know anything??
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:50 am      Reply with quote
please give some idea~~~
Pluto
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Great chart! I will stick with the zinc, as I have. Or tried to. I used to use Linda Sy's Zinc-O, which came in plain and tinted. It was 20 or 30 SPF. But she retired and there is no more product like this. Many years prior I used Irma Shorell's tinted sunblock, which was a powerhouse of zinc. That disappeared, too. (And these days no one remembers Irma.)

I found a good zinc-y one from Elemis. But I haven't got a favorite right now.

My advice: put on the spf and *wear a hat*.

Pluto
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:56 am      Reply with quote
hellenzqq,

Great find! Now hopefully somebody will
recommend a nice one that has both zinc and titanium dioxide! I really hope so, that works great with my MMU. Smile

Thanks Again,

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
The problem with zinc oxide and titanium dioxide is that it's hard to get a concentration high enough to be effective without making your face white. Some of the newer formulations are attempting to do this by making the particles smaller, though.

I use a sunscreen with Tinosorb M and Tinosorb S. Unfortunately, they don't sell it in North America.
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
I do see Ensulizole/Octisalate/Octocrylene being used in sunscreens utilising the mexoryls. That should be to "cover up" for what's missing, i'd guess.

IMO the Tinosorbs are good, and so is zinc oxide. I like them for their uniform protection across the wavelengths (look at the red part) and also for the long hours they can withstand. I switch between the Tinosorbs and zinc oxide depending on my skin's needs.
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
what product do you use that contains Tinosorbs?? and where do you get it??

really interested in trying it!!
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
The tinosorb products would have to be ordered from Europe for those of us living in the U.S. as the FDA doesn't seem to want to move too quickly on next gen sunscreens. I was buying Anthelios from Europe for years before they started selling it here.

Does anyone know of a good source?
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
The tinosorb products would have to be ordered from Europe for those of us living in the U.S. as the FDA doesn't seem to want to move too quickly on next gen sunscreens. I was buying Anthelios from Europe for years before they started selling it here.

Does anyone know of a good source?

Last year I went sunscreen crazy. I thought I wanted to buy a sunscreen with tinosorb. I found this website called http://www.frenchcosmeticsforless.com/

I emailed the company a couple of times. They were really fast with replies and answers all of my questions.

Check under the brand Avene
heres a link to one

http://www.frenchcosmeticsforless.com/proddetail.php?prod=190046

Also there is another website called

http://www.skincarecentral.biz/skincare-sun.html
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! What did you think about the products?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. Lewinn's is a great sunscreen, but it is a very thick paste and leaves a greasy look on your face.

I have been using the 302 liquid sunscreen (SPF 15) for almost 1 year and I have not had any new pigmentation breakthrough with this product. I also apply the 302 recovery minerals on top on very hot/sunny summer days, which has worked great for me. I am undecided if I will repurchase the 302 as I don't use any of their other products, but I would recommend this sunscreen.
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. Can someone help me understand this chart? what is attenuation vs peak and how to read it. TIA
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Elta MD UV Physical SPF 41 has 9% Zinc and 7% Titanium Dioxide, no parabens, and is easy to spread. It's tinted but I'm fair and have no problem with the color being too dark or orange.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
The Linda Sly product is now available here, in addition to some other physical SS:
http://rosaceacare.com/products/zinco.html

Euro SS are also available here, along with a nice explanation of PPD protection!!:
http://www.skincarecentral.biz/skincare-sun.html

Frenchcosmeticsforless has this great buy of a Bioderma SS with a high PPD. It goes on clear and isn't greasy!:
http://www.frenchcosmeticsforless.com/proddetail.php?prod=130062

HTH!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
hellenzqq wrote:

I use Bioderma Photoderm. There's a number of formulations, fluide, lait, spray, sensitive, etc. It's made in France, you can get it online from leguidesante or tubotica.
Auu
5% products discount

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:07 am      Reply with quote
Is it a true? I don't believe it.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:18 am      Reply with quote
SuprSun is a powdered sunscreen that contains Micronized 15% Zinc oxide and 15% Titanium Dioxide, and comes in 3 colors.

Their FunrSun version has Non-Micronized Titanium Dioxide 9%, Non-Micronized Zinc Oxide 9%.

I haven't ordered yet, but plan to give it a try.

http://www.premiumminerals.com/shop/index.php?cPath=382

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:53 am      Reply with quote
hellenzqq wrote:

For Tinosorbs, i like Avene and Bioderma.

You can try these sites for Euro sunscreens.
http://www.tubotica.com/
http://www.frenchcosmeticsforless.com/
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:58 am      Reply with quote
harriet wrote:
Hi. Can someone help me understand this chart? what is attenuation vs peak and how to read it. TIA

UV Attenuation (orange): UV energy is weaken/decreased.

Peak (red): UV protection is peak.
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:44 am      Reply with quote
circus wrote:
hellenzqq wrote:

thanks a lot!!

but which one contains Tinosorbs??
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Try this:

http://www.parafarmacia.tubotica.net/index.php?Lng=2&Opc=1&Par1=-2&Par2=0&Par3=4023

I tried to order but when I got to the checkout step, received a "your shopping cart is empty" message. Maybe others will have better luck!
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
Try this:

http://www.parafarmacia.tubotica.net/index.php?Lng=2&Opc=1&Par1=-2&Par2=0&Par3=4023

I tried to order but when I got to the checkout step, received a "your shopping cart is empty" message. Maybe others will have better luck!

Try logging in to your account twice.
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:29 am      Reply with quote
hellenzqq wrote:
circus wrote:
hellenzqq wrote:

thanks a lot!!

but which one contains Tinosorbs??

The entire line should include Tinosorbs, with the exception of the mineral sunscreen of course.

I personally like Avene Very High Protection Emulsion SPF 50+. Another forumer was raving about the Bioderma Photoderm Spray SPF 50, which has a low % of alcohol. For reference, i am combi skin and live in hot and humid weather, so heavy creams are a no-no for me.

If you are interested in looking at ingredient lists,
Tinosorb S = Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyltriazine
Tinosorb M = Methylene Bis Benzotriazolyl Tetramethylbutylphenol
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |