Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How do you re apply sunscreen?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:43 am      Reply with quote
If you wear makeup and you dont want to mess it up.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:47 am      Reply with quote
i use powder with spf
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds redundant, but i choose a sunscreen that is stable so i won't have to re-apply.

Second what hellenzqq said. You can try zinc oxide powder. But i really dunno how much of a sufficient protection you are going to get with a light dusting of powder.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
You may want to be careful if you're combining 2 different sunscreen products. Certain ingredients destabilize others, reducing their effectiveness.

For example, mineral makeup with SPF contains zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, which can cause the avobenzone in many liquid sunscreens to degrade.
Auu
5% products discount

Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
I think a foundation with high spf will help you. You can simply reapply as you want.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Can't you use one of those spray sunscreens? Or powder/foundation with SPF

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:05 am      Reply with quote
circus wrote:
Sounds redundant, but i choose a sunscreen that is stable so i won't have to re-apply.

Second what hellenzqq said. You can try zinc oxide powder. But i really dunno how much of a sufficient protection you are going to get with a light dusting of powder.

How do you know if a sunscreen is stable? Im using la roche posay suncreen.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:44 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
circus wrote:

would like to know too! thanks
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:48 am      Reply with quote
hi, i just found this website and it is said the avene backordered this product

does anybody know anything about the reason?

since Tinosorb is still so new....would like to know more
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
hellenzqq wrote:
faeriedust wrote:
circus wrote:

would like to know too! thanks

I would consider a sunscreen to be photostable if it does not degrade considerably under sunlight.

Short story:
Avoid a combination of Avobenzone and Octinoxate. This combination degrades fastest.

Avobenzone on its own is the most unstable filter.

Octinoxate is also unstable, but would degrade slower than Avobenzone.

The latest consensus is that Oxybenzone is also unstable.

Slightly longer story:
For Avobenzone on its own (without Octinoxate), the following will help stabilise it.

Octocrylene, 4-Methyl Benzylidene Camphor, Tinosorb S, diethylhexyl 2,6-naphthalate.

Mexoryl SX and Tinosorb M also improve the photostability of avobenzone.

But Avobenzone is destabilised by zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.

Short cut Laughing :
Your La Roche-Posay sunscreen is stable. Avene, Bioderma and generally the Euro sunscreens are all stable. Physical sunscreens are stable too.

The only concern you might deal with is if your make up has SPF, then you will need to check through the ingredients. Whether your sunscreen and make up would destabilise each other.
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Avobenzone = Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane = Parsol 1789 = BMDM

Octinoxate = Octyl Methoxycinnamate = Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate = OMC

Oxybenzone = Benzophenone-3 = OXY

Octocrylene = OCTO

4-Methyl Benzylidene Camphor = 4-MBC

Mexoryl SX = Terephtalilydene Dicamphor Sulfonic Acid = Ecamsule

Mexoryl XL = Drometrizole Trisiloxane

Tinosorb S = Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyltriazine = BEMT

Tinosorb M = Methylene Bis Benzotriazolyl Tetramethylbutylphenol = MBBT

If anyone's curious and want to look at ingredient lists.
Ok enough science for now. Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
circus - thanks! I'm definitely a label-reader, and hate how the companies always call the ingredients prettified names in the marketing copy.
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |