Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Liquid Keratin vs Brazilian keratin hair treatment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Hey all....has anyone used anyone of these or may be both...i have heard great things about them but dont know which one to get....
Liquid keratin is cheaper than the Brazilian one,,,so might go for it ...
Dont know what exaclty to expect but the reviews say that i ll get silky and straighter hair Smile
What do u think ?
Thankssssssssssssss...
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Maheen!

I would also be interested to know about the Liquid Keratin. I have had the website saved to my favorites for a while now in the hopes that I would order the system. I saw the advertisement for it in a magazine at my hair salon.

I have had the Brazilian treatment done 2 times at a salon (about $425), takes about 2 hours to do. It lasts about 3 months and takes the frizz out of my hair and makes it more silky, but it does not straighten hair that has curls or waves.

I have also done the Japanese straightening and that makes your hair pin straight, but as time goes on my hair started feeling and looking like straw at the ends.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
hey Mysty ,nic e to hear from u...
Yes The liquid keratin is also added in my faves Smile
And i m sure i m gonig to buy it very soon...Smile its only for 69 dollars at amazon and ulta both Smile so excited to use It....I have straight hiar naturally but have a bit frizz in them so going to use it in the hope of elimintaing the frizz,,making hair more silky and kinda straighht...i have heard,,,a person might still need to use the starigtheinnig iron for making pin staright hair,,i m ready to do that since even after using the straightener,,,,there is a very slight frizz left and also the hair doesnt get shiny.....u know,,,the leratin would also make it shiny...sooo excited ot use it...first i tghought i should use the brazilian one ,,but then i thought its a bit more expensive for me at the point so might try it in 3 years but for now the liquid leratin sounds more affordable to me Smile
But yeah still wanna hear from people how they feel about it ...may be someone come across this thread and give input....
Let see....i m sure u ll love it too....or may be i can tell u how it s after i try Smile
Whats the texture of ur hair sweets ?
Hasnaa
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi girls,
liquid keratin doesn't have good reviews online. I just had a keratin treatment done at home. I bought the qod gold from ebay ($45 for 4oz clarifying shampoo and treatment) it smells like bananas and doesn't have formaldehyde. my sister did it for me and my hair came out straight and shiny.

I have wavy/curly hair and lately it became very thin so it's crazy when I wash it. I had to put many oils on to calm it down.
Anyways we had the treatment on me as an experiment Razz I cleaned my hair and blow dried it then she applied the treatment.

We made many mistakes: We were supposed to wait 5mn after treatment then blow dry then use the flat iron.
instead we went from applying the treatment to flat ironing.

Also I bought the babyliss flat iron and the buttons are on the side so my sister unintentionally turned it off many times. I had my hair down for 48 hours during that time I kept fixing any hair that became wavy in the front but I never touched the inside back hair (only touched up the hair on top)

I just washed my hair yesterday and the end results are straight beautiful hair soft and silky for $45 the inside back hair is a tiny bit wavy but I will do better next time. now I'm going to buy the big bottle so I can do my sister's hair and my daughters Very Happy

I know next time it will be much better.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:14 am      Reply with quote
Has,,, i m happy there is someone with good results...
Not sure if ur talking about the brazilian qod gold or somehting else...could u plzzz tell me the whole name of the brand and the product...,.,may be i wanna use it too SmileSmileSmile
Thanks for the amazing review...
Hasnaa
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:14 am      Reply with quote
yes the keratin QOD Gold. I got it from keratin4u on ebay.

they have 4 kinds of qod keratin but the qod gold has 22kt gold in it.

You also need a sulfate free shampoo for after care. Based o reviews here at EDS I got the giovanni smooth as silk for $5.97 each for 8oz shampoo, conditioner and leav in conditioner at walmart.

It doesn't have keratin in it but it's really nice
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:32 am      Reply with quote
thank u so much Has Smile How long are the effects of this treatment going to last ???
I m sooo interested in try ing it out Smile
THANKS ALOTTTTTTTTTT...Smile
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
thatnks alot has... i found the guy u bought the keratin from....kertin4 u right ? i emailed her...her also sells the same stuff on amazon but the difference is thta he only sells large bottles of these products that cost more than 300 bucks,,....too much for em at the point,i malready investing alot on obagi products plus timepeel micrderm machine,,jane iredale products and alot more ...so really wanna get the 4 oz one that u got but not avialble on amazon,,,,dont know if buying on ebay is a safe option....
i emailed him if he can sell me that on amazon..lets see...

and yes it will last for 3 months,,i m talknig about the results...
Iam sure u r finding it absolutely amazing...is ur hair stick straight now ?
Hasnaa
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
it's very safe to buy on ebay. it lasts up to 4 months so 1 $45 every 3/4 months is better than $300 at once. My hair is long and thick and only used about 3oz of the product. if you have short or thin hair the 4oz will last 2 applications.

I'm going to buy the qod max because it's $100 less for the large bottle. I will do 4 people so it's much cheaper for me and my sister to share a large bottle.

My hair is straight especially in the front because I kept straightening it everytime I could during the first 48 hours.
It was flat straight when I had the treatment on but now after shampooing it's straight but with life to it. it bounces Razz

treatment lasts 3 to 4 months then u start seeing waves coming back. but it all depends on the after care shampoo u use.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
thanks has......
Has,,,,what is the difference between qod gold and qod max,,,somebody asked me as well...
And for how much are u getting the large bottle for ?
Thanks ...Smile
Hasnaa
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:23 am      Reply with quote
From keratin4u answers qod gold is supposed to have 22kt gold in it. other than that all the difference between them is the smell. I think they have 4 different kinds.

keratin4u has 33.8oz qod max and clarifying shampoo and comb for $170. but again I need to buy bulk because it's 5 of us doing it.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Cross posting Smile

Before venturing into this you may want to read the information on this thread and the links about the risks involved when the chemicals are released during the process, then decide and take the necessary precautions to protect yourselves.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=36780

HTH
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:28 am      Reply with quote
oh and also with qod gold you can wash your hair after 24-48 hours (I waited 3 days) but with max like all keratin treatments out there you wait 3-4 days.
there is some that you wash your hair after 1 hour. one is called enwar moroccan brazilian keratin or something like that.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Darkmoon...and thanks has...
Dark moon u scared me Sad but it is good if it can safe my life Smile
Has,,,,,i have heard that brazilian keratin treamtent is now formaldehyde free ? is that true ? Did u use the one thats formaldehyde free ?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |