Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Do all forms of Vitamin C stay in your skin for 72 hours?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:45 am      Reply with quote
I know LAA stays in your skin for 72 hours, but is this true for other forms of Vitamin C as well? Such as AA2G, MAP or "Tetra" C?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:53 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
I know LAA stays in your skin for 72 hours, but is this true for other forms of Vitamin C as well? Such as AA2G, MAP or "Tetra" C?

I have only seen it in conjunction with LAA I would guess it applies to the AA2G since it is LAA with Glucose attached?

I am not 100% sure on the other derivatives of Vitamin C honestly. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks DM. Smile It would be interesting to find out!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:31 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
Thanks DM. Smile It would be interesting to find out!

I agree it would, I should hunt down studies on the derivatives and see about that, but I mainly count on good old LAA! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Where did you get the info that it stays in the skin for 72 hours? I guess the CP users wouldn't be too happy about that!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:00 am      Reply with quote
I keep seeing it all over the board. I never thought of that about the CP users. Shock

Here's a couple places that say it stays in the skin for 72 hours:

http://www.skincaredictionary.com/L-Ascorbic_Acid.html

http://www.mvorganics.com/pages/benefits-topical-l-ascorbic-acid

It's all over the internet. I can't find a specific study proving this or anything of that sort though. I wonder if it's really true then? There are some citations at the bottom of the mvorganics link but not sure if they're regarding the 72 hours thing.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Where did you get the info that it stays in the skin for 72 hours? I guess the CP users wouldn't be too happy about that!

I have read it in several places Keliu, no links to post at the moment! Bad Grin

I was thinking about that with CP's and wonder if since we have C in our cells from nutrition anyway, maybe in that 12 hour time frame the C is absorbed enough on a cellular level to avoid any negative interaction between the two? Call that a stab in the dark! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Hmm it says it on bulkactives as well:

http://www.bulkactives.com/abstracts/ascorbicacid.htm

But the study underneath it is this one, which doesn't say anything about 72 hours.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16029672
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Interesting! That means that if we apply it daily (as we all do), Vitamin C is always in our skin!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Now I just wonder if it's really true or is it just a rumour? And if it is, is it also true for other forms of Vitamin C.

Maybe someone will be able to find the original source of this "72 hours" thing! Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:15 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
Now I just wonder if it's really true or is it just a rumour? And if it is, is it also true for other forms of Vitamin C.

Maybe someone will be able to find the original source of this "72 hours" thing! Smile

LOL. If nobody beats me to it maybe I will hunt once I get some coffee! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Signature club A's vit C capsules (I have never used) but are made by some pharmaceutical company and she always tells everyone that you only apply every 3 days for this very reason!

So if this is true, wouldn't one only need to apply every 3 days, and save tons of money and product Confused
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Signature club A's vit C capsules (I have never used) but are made by some pharmaceutical company and she always tells everyone that you only apply every 3 days for this very reason!

So if this is true, wouldn't one only need to apply every 3 days, and save tons of money and product Confused

That is what many do Tiny,

I just make it so cheap I use it daily, I figure use it before it oxidizes. If paying an arm and a leg I might do different, but then with the purchased you never know how long ago it was made? hmm

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:37 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:

I just make it so cheap I use it daily, I figure use it before it oxidizes. If paying an arm and a leg I might do different, but then with the purchased you never know how long ago it was made? hmm

I use to buy diff ones, only for them to turn within a few weeks, HATED THAT!!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:

Been There Done That! Sad then decided fresh was best and decided to DIY! Very Happy

Even the one from SA is a steal at $15!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:46 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:

Been There Done That! Sad then decided fresh was best and decided to DIY! Very Happy

Even the one from SA is a steal at $15!

yes I am definately going to order it at some point, but not yet! going to wait and stick with my test of the one product for a bit! But you did point out I am getting C, so I'll just wait and see.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:49 am      Reply with quote
If I recall the ReLuma has the Tetra C in it so you are getting one of the derivatives which I use and like, but nothing really beats LAA for me! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:11 am      Reply with quote
This is from Dr. T's forum. Someone asked the same question regarding the C staying in the skin for up to 72 hours.

http://www.smartskincare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3968
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:23 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
This is from Dr. T's forum. Someone asked the same question regarding the C staying in the skin for up to 72 hours.

LOL. I love Dr. T's answer! Laughing Maybe the idea of daily use is not so bad? Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Thank you rileygirl. I keep seeing in studies about how other forms of Vitamin C don't increase AA in skin. Why does that matter? If that matters then how are other forms of Vit. C effective? Confused Confused.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:40 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

LOL. I love Dr. T's answer! Laughing Maybe the idea of daily use is not so bad? Bad Grin

well even if not needed, surely it wouldn't hurt, would only hurt if needed and NOT applied!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:09 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
Thank you rileygirl. I keep seeing in studies about how other forms of Vitamin C don't increase AA in skin. Why does that matter? If that matters then how are other forms of Vit. C effective? Confused Confused.

I can't answer that question, egyptiangoddess! What I have heard and read is that AA is the best form for your skin. However, it is unstable, which I guess brought about the studies of the C derivatives. I think C is like every other ingredient out there. There are many opinions on what is best and what isn't, and I think it boils down to finding what you can use.

Not sure if you have seen these or not, but they may help?

http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/vitcderiv.html

http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/vitc.html
lookwithin
5% products discount

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:17 am      Reply with quote
I keep hearing the "72 hours" thing as well. I'm skeptical of inferring that means you can/should only apply Vit C serums every 3 days. For example, if the study was done on animal skin where they didn't cleanse the skin daily after application, the statistic doesn't transfer to humans since we do wash daily. Also, if you look at sunscreen, that can stay on your skin the whole day but as far as offering protection, you need to reapply it every few hours. So presence of chemical does not always mean you are still getting the intended benefits.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:30 am      Reply with quote
I have heard this about L-AA in the past as well. I don't personally think it interfers with CPs too much once it's absorbed, but the saying of waiting for 12 hours between applications is probably on the safe side. Of course, lately, Dr P has been reversing the stance on using the two ingredients close together and says that it may not be a problem.

Quote:
Results.

L-ascorbic acid must be formulated at pH levels less than 3.5 to enter the skin.

Maximal concentration for optimal percutaneous absorption was 20%.

Tissue levels were saturated after three daily applications; the half-life of tissue disappearance was about 4 days.

I wonder if we only need to apply vit C for 3 days prior to rolls to be effective enough rather than the 3-4 weeks recommended by Dr. F?

Derivatives of ascorbic acid including magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, ascorbyl-6-palmitate, and dehydroascorbic acid did not increase skin levels of L-ascorbic acid.

This is bad news for fans of MAP and other forms of Vit C.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Studies on AA2G form if you click on detailed description
http://stores.skinessentialactives.com/-strse-147/DIY%2C-LAA%2C-L-ascorbic/Detail.bok
And on the MAP form
http://stores.skinessentialactives.com/-strse-39/Magnesium-Ascorbyl-Phosphate-99.4-pct-%2C/Detail.bok
Paper on L-AA including the half life (time it takes for concentration to reduce by half) and more detail on the MAP doesn't increase L-AA thing
http://www.skinc.com.tw/pdf/C_paper.pdf

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |